DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

Also I find it funny that you are so strongly declaring it my fault that I didn't remember your quote when you hardly mentioned it at all in your case. You make it seem like such an offhand comment how are we to assume that's your main reason? You didn't specify this at all until now, and I think that's specifically because you know that poor job of linking is going to bite you in the ass later.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I find it funny that you are so strongly declaring it my fault that I didn't remember your quote when you hardly mentioned it at all in your case. You make it seem like such an offhand comment how are we to assume that's your main reason? You didn't specify this at all until now, and I think that's specifically because you know that poor job of linking is going to bite you in the ass later.

I was replying to you getting all angry about the list then linking for the last few pages. That's why I spoke on them more. Also I was drunk for the last 24 hours or so

Scroll to the top of this page until you see the search bar.

Click the magnifying glass icon.

When it takes you to the next page scroll down until you see the box for "Author". Type in their DM handle and hit search. Then click ascending order so that it shows their first post first.

Wait, Turn, did you just equate me coasting to victory by lurking for the French game? 'cause I'm pretty sure that's the last problem.  Why bring up other games, and focus on this one?  I'm home from work now and just caught up, and I'm going to put my reads out there.

"It struck me as odd that you voted him for low post count when there was a better reason imo in the weird voting post and you were well aware that he had very recently lurked heavily as a town pr."

I have not mentioned anyone's post count this game. I said simply that I would be willing to lynch GF based solely on his lurking meta. Yes I am aware that he has a PR in his last game where he played similarly, but that is irrelevant to this game and his alignment/role here. Also, I am not just using the last game we played in as my sample. Every game I have played in with him it is the same. I do not find his playstyle helpful to my wincon and therefore I am willing to lynch him as an ineffective member of my team or as a possible opposing force. Does saying so make me sound like a douche? Probably, but I guess it comes with the territory. The name of the game is finding the bad guys through a collective pool of information based on interactions, voting patterns, revealed alignments and rhetoric. If you are not adding to this pool then you are a hinderance. It's as simple as that. If GF has a legitimate reason to stay alive (such as a PR) then I would expect him to defend himself. You are acting like my singular vote is going to cause his damnation.

This reasoning screams policy lynch to me. Which IMO is a bad reason to lynch. Therefore I don't see how GF could be his #1 mafia and me or any of the others that he has pointed at secondary reads.

Golden, if you want to talk setup by all means go ahead.

I am just one person in the game. I have stated my opinion on the matter. I think it is a bad idea for the reasons I mentioned earlier. In ANY game on D1. There will generally be plenty to talk about without going there.

As to your point about my using the word mafia to say who we are looking for. I generally look at the game the same way regardless of setup. The bad guys that we are trying to eliminate are the mafia until told otherwise. I don't usually use the "S" word. Just my choice. So I pretty.much refer to all the bad guys as mafia. So if I am looking for the bad guys, then I am looking for the mafia.

AJ says he has a mafia vibe from me for my in game actions and yet he is still voting what amounts to his own policy lynch. Do you find that odd?

I found your use of the term mafia interesting, I figured you were going to say it was a general way of thinking, but how exactly can you refer to mafia in general when the setup specifically refers to three possible separate factions?

I don't necessarily think it pings that he thinks you're scummy and is voting someone else. You could be his #2 read whereas he has gf as his #1 scum read. I myself am not calling you scummy, I'm trying to figure the game out cause I don't really have the best set of reads right now other than I'm leaning uninformed majority on you. Also, upon reading the above and Aj's explanation, I tend to think he's informed in some way. The best thing to look at in his setup talk is the fact that he makes assumptions. He assumes there are no NKs and he assumes there are 3 factions racing to gain members. I dunno why he would do that.

There are three of them yes. Should I call them mafias? I always thought the plural of mafia was mafia. Maybe I am wrong. The possible factions don't make any difference to me. It is like pokemon, you gotta catch 'em all. 

SEE ABOVE. Does that sound like he was acting on a mafia read? 

Bold: This is another reason setup talk without solid evidence is not good for town IMO. Time spent on conjecture.  

@AJ I used to love doing that too.  Personally, I think a three way cult battle is set to become a random ****show really quickly.  Besides that, how do we know how it is all balanced out?  I can't imagine that they can all go Ham all the time.  If so, the game would basically be down to the factions within a few days.

Wait, Turn, did you just equate me coasting to victory by lurking for the French game? 'cause I'm pretty sure that's the last problem.  Why bring up other games, and focus on this one?  I'm home from work now and just caught up, and I'm going to put my reads out there.

I assume this is for me. Not exactly sure what you are saying. I think autocorrect is striking again. I will guess at what I think you are saying and answer that. Correct me if I  misinterpret your statement.

Re; the French game I would refer to your play as lurking which was a viable strategy as the town destroyed itself.

Why bring up other games? I was pointing out what I find to be odd reasoning on AJ's part for his GF vote. IMO he is basically saying  Lynch all Lurkers. I am saying that 1.) it is a bad policy and 2.) why only GF and not Hallia who has also been a serial lurker and just used the tactic to win a game not very long ago. Add in that he felt you were being too jokey which could be construed as trying extra hard to fit in and it would make sense that you would be a better vote than GF. So I only brought it up in the most tangential manner. It is  a bit of a ping that you re reacting so strongly however.

I'm off to sleep now. early start. Looking forward to seeing your reads in the morning.

@Turin - I'm done talking about GF. It's a policy lynch, by all means.

So let's see:

1. I speculate set-up early in the game when no one else is talking in an attempt to generate some kind of discussion.

2. I hop on an early bandwagon and express enthusiasm about lynching a serial lurker and (what I consider) a detriment to my wincon if we share one. Could also be an opposing force in disguise. Win-Win IMO.

3. I provide a list of reads on the players based on the little content provided and try to thoroughly explain the reads I do have and what influenced them. Still too many nulls and too early in the game.

These are what make me mafia? Pile on folks. 

We've got less than 12 hours to DL and at least this way you can have a town flip and train to analyze. Sadly I think Turin is town with a bad case of the tunnel syndrome. Dap might actually be town... his mind works in weird ways but if lolguy ends up flipping scum and my theory on separate factions is disproven and there is a legit mafia team, I would revisit him. Dice hasn't posted since he voted me with shaky reasons, he might be a good place to look next. If he continues to lay low and only posts to defend himself kill him quickly. This is teh scum meta.

unvote

@AJ I used to love doing that too.  Personally, I think a three way cult battle is set to become a random ****show really quickly.  Besides that, how do we know how it is all balanced out?  I can't imagine that they can all go Ham all the time.  If so, the game would basically be down to the factions within a few days.

Yeah I kinda agree, I'm having a hard time figuring how it is balanced without making it nearly impossible for town to win. My best guess would be that each recruiter has a % chance of successful/failed recruitment. I don't see them alternating Nights because essentially you'd have to make it all the way through D3 to finish the rotation and that would seriously put those last 2 Gods at a serious disadvantage. Still, purely spec until after N1. I won't be surprised at all if nobody turns up dead though.

Another thing, it could be that if multiple recruiters target the same person that they fail, sort of like in the Fire&Ice set-up where if both scum teams target the same player their kill is nullified. I could see that as a viable mechanic to minimize town's losses too quickly.

Read through Golden and Turin so far.  Golden is a townie lean...something about Turin keeps pinging me though.  His phrasing seems very hesitant when he isn't posting memes.

Hallia hasn't done anything but promised reads. 

Leyrann is a townie lean too.

GF got 3 votes...and still hasn't done anything.

Read through Golden and Turin so far.  Golden is a townie lean...something about Turin keeps pinging me though.  His phrasing seems very hesitant when he isn't posting memes.

Hallia hasn't done anything but promised reads. 

Leyrann is a townie lean too.

GF got 3 votes...and still hasn't done anything.

Don't worry. He'll probably hammer as DL approaches.

Your vote is best served on me at this point Chae.

The rules state if no majority is reached than a random ModKill happens and no coroner on the player will be given.

but for the moment, i think u are one of the most constructive player. i liked the way u gave ur reading on the 12th or 13th page ...

it's not like he really tried to defend himself ... true.

the best defense for him for the moment, is the fact that other players said that he plays like this (not posting much and weird posts) all the time

Archived