DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

seeing that i'm going to sleep soon, i'll just follow

vote GF

good-grief-csarmi.jpg

What darthe said. Your vote may be your only weapon in the game. don't give it away by following/sheeping. Also the best way to learn is quite simply to play. post your thoughts.  The more people that are involved in the discussion of what impressions they have of the other players the better. It makes the game more fun too. 

well i could still unvote ;.. but Ley's reasons to vote were the only more or less serious ones when i posted

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh*

What do you guys think about what I said regarding NKs in this game? Discuss.

Something.

Anything.

I honestly have no idea.

vote GF

good-grief-csarmi.jpg

What darthe said. Your vote may be your only weapon in the game. don't give it away by following/sheeping. Also the best way to learn is quite simply to play. post your thoughts.  The more people that are involved in the discussion of what impressions they have of the other players the better. It makes the game more fun too. 

5 BT points for Turin for that amazing meme.

Missed the earlier post making the picard meme. 

NO. talking about setup in my opinion is not better than taking about nothing for the reasons I mentioned above. There has not been much game yet. probably because it is early in day and the weekend has come upon us. I would prefer that the game progress in along at its own pace. 

The distraction has been that it kind of prevented any other discussion. Darthe, Ley and you all made some statements about setup and that has created a lull in the conversation. sort of sucked the air out of the room if you will. 

My top suspect right now is you AJ. for both the setup talk and also the hopping on a train for the person being a "lurker". Rags has a bit of a valid point on GF about the strange post re: voting, but you didn't really acknowledge that part of the argument. ( also, for the record in one of those games that GF lurk-hammered, he was very important town)

1 =/= some.

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.

4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.

5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.

6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.

7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.

8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.

9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.

10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.

12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.

13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.

15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.

Turin - Null, leaning scum.

Eh?

Oh by the way, unvote.

@Chae above: I don't think you meant to write "Ley" there, because my reasons were the weirdest I could think of, and for the sake of them being weird.

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.

4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.

5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.

6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.

7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.

8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.

9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.

10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.

12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.

13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.

15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.

Looks good to me off the bat...with regards to me, I'm technically on LoA because I'm trying to focus on my conference and not going to lie, I've been skimming to just have a general sense of what is going on in the game...I've not commented much because of that and also haven't placed a vote for the same reason.

It's hard to say anyone sticks out. Chae's vote was kinda weird, but I'll place that to newbness. The other thing is the discussion on set up. I think it's more confusing than anything else. We have nothing to work on the be theorizing on and IMO is contributing to some of the silence.

so his lurky game is usual ?

Where did you learn the word lurk?

don't pay attention to my bad english, i speak french ...

but, if there are good reasons for me to change my vote, i will ... it's just that for the moment i 'm thinking about keeping it because some people are against it

then again, i'm a weird person

so his lurky game is usual ?

Where did you learn the word lurk?

don't pay attention to my bad english, i speak french ...

but, if there are good reasons for me to change my vote, i will ... it's just that for the moment i 'm thinking about keeping it because some people are against it

then again, i'm a weird person

You didn't really answer his question.

Couple things:

1- Ley-- RVS is random voting stage. I'm surprised that one is new to you. Your comment @80 is anti-town and is generally a poor way to play. Interact and try and see how people react to your posts. You get information everywhere. Advocating remaining silent doesn't help anyone get more info. Info is the purpose of the game.

2-  AJ trying to get the conversation going in this game-  D1 setup speculation is a little weird when your question is whether or not there are NKs. I mean, we'll know if there are NKs or not depending on whether or not people die night 1. I don't understand how speculating would help anyone "prepare" for the game moving forward. That said, I don't understand why engaging in setup talk in an attempt to get people to talk at ALL is scummy. I'm going to re-read the whole convo, but I suspect this is a forced train.

3- I don't like Turin's instructing Chaelca on how to use her vote, but I haven't developed a decent enough meta on him to recognize if helpful Turin is helpful or scummy. I could use opinions on this.

4- Don't let people pressure you into anything in this game Chaelca. Stick to your guns and make decisions based on your reads.

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment 

What do you think about Turin's case in regards to my vote on GF and the set-up spec?

Turin - Null, leaning scum.

Eh?

Were you asking me something specific here?

GF who everyone agrees plays a lurky scummy game usually, so him getting 3 votes and 2 of them are just bandwagoning is suspicious 

Which of the 2 votes do you find more suspicious? Is it both? Why are they suspicious to you?

How can I ever be too jokey!? :tongue:

Like thT.

Yeah.

Couple things:

1- Ley-- RVS is random voting stage. I'm surprised that one is new to you. Your comment @80 is anti-town and is generally a poor way to play. Interact and try and see how people react to your posts. You get information everywhere. Advocating remaining silent doesn't help anyone get more info. Info is the purpose of the game.

2-  AJ trying to get the conversation going in this game-  D1 setup speculation is a little weird when your question is whether or not there are NKs. I mean, we'll know if there are NKs or not depending on whether or not people die night 1. I don't understand how speculating would help anyone "prepare" for the game moving forward. That said, I don't understand why engaging in setup talk in an attempt to get people to talk at ALL is scummy. I'm going to re-read the whole convo, but I suspect this is a forced train.

3- I don't like Turin's instructing Chaelca on how to use her vote, but I haven't developed a decent enough meta on him to recognize if helpful Turin is helpful or scummy. I could use opinions on this.

4- Don't let people pressure you into anything in this game Chaelca. Stick to your guns and make decisions based on your reads.

I like this catch-up post. I wasn't necessarily trying to 'prepare' anyone for the game, just to gauge what some people thought about the set-up with the individual information we've all been provided or could gather based on the theme/scenes.

Turin is one of the those wiley players that is going to generally do the same thing as either alignment. I still believe he would offer advice to newer players even if he were scum. Some of the things I've seen him do as scum is make elaborate scenarios in order to incriminate someone. I've also seen him bus hard and use the knowledge of his partner's alignment to link as many people to them as he can as his partner goes down.

Couple things:

thanks for ur number 4, and i start to understand about having to develop my way of thoughts.

So the instructions about my vote shouldn't be that suspicious then ? But Turin was not the only one ...

vote GF

good-grief-csarmi.jpg

Couple things:

1. Ley is Ley and will not change. I think he merely stated that he does not post much unless he feels he has something to say. My opinion on that is he will at times say something that comes across wrong and leads  to his lynch or forced claim. 

2. The reason it is worse in the situation that no one is talking is because it is likely to lead to ONLY talking about setup which is generally in the mafia's interest. 

3. And yet you are offering the same advice I gave if worded slightly differently.( Don't sheep, post your thoughts.. Stick to your guns and follow your leads.) 

Archived