DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in regards to darthe and NKs he DOES seem to get killed N1 or 2 alot. It was even discussed in a mafia QT i was part of once.

Regarding no NKS at all   well we DO know its a recruit game but i still think there will be NKs. I think there are multiple teams and each team will want to eliminate the other  hence they need NKs AND lynches

*sigh*

What do you guys think about what I said regarding NKs in this game? Discuss.

Something.

Anything.

I'd prefer not to guess and figure out what happens night one. It's a mistake to theorize before one has facts. Otherwise we fit facts to suit theories to suit facts. Data, data, data, I cannot make bricks without clay.

in regards to darthe and NKs he DOES seem to get killed N1 or 2 alot. It was even discussed in a mafia QT i was part of once.

Regarding no NKS at all   well we DO know its a recruit game but i still think there will be NKs. I think there are multiple teams and each team will want to eliminate the other  hence they need NKs AND lynches

The Underworld game QT? I think I remember seeing that there lol. His commentary on the NK makes me sort of lean town on him though, but not because of his history. To me, by mentioning getting NK'd tells me 1) he is vulnerable to them, therefore not mafia in your normal sense and 2) potentially suggests that he is unaware of what sort of abilities the non-town players have.

IMO, having lynches and NKs will create too small of a pool for players to recruited from too quickly, especially since it seems that we are dealing with 3 different recruiters that aren't aligned with each other. Would all 3 have a NK? I doubt that. Again, purely spec. at this point but I think it's a good idea to discuss it somewhat to see where people's heads are at.

I'd prefer not to guess and figure out what happens night one. It's a mistake to theorize before one has facts. Otherwise we fit facts to suit theories to suit facts. Data, data, data, I cannot make bricks without clay.

This is fine and I can understand your view point. Obviously my theory will go out the window if someone(s) turn up dead at the start of D2, but for now that is how I'm thinking this game was designed. Literally a race for majority. Town might potentially have a Vig or something that can NK (one of those NASA dudes mentioned) but other than that I think the only way we are going to kill the deities are by lynching them.

So, no commentary on the set-up. What about the rest of the thread? Who is suspect IYO?

*sigh*

What do you guys think about what I said regarding NKs in this game? Discuss.

Something.

Anything.

one-does-not-8sggjs.jpg

Too much setup talk out of AJ. 

VOTE AJ

You sorta bread-crumbed this earlier with your Wonka meme.

Are you trying to derail the discussion here Turin? Literally this game is STAGNANT. Talking about anything at this point is better than nothing.

Unless you have some valuable insight you'd like to provide for us??

seeing that i'm going to sleep soon, i'll just follow

vote GF

good-grief-csarmi.jpg

What darthe said. Your vote may be your only weapon in the game. don't give it away by following/sheeping. Also the best way to learn is quite simply to play. post your thoughts.  The more people that are involved in the discussion of what impressions they have of the other players the better. It makes the game more fun too. 

Also, why is set-up spec inherently scummy?

Plz explain.

My opinion on EARLY setup speculation is that it gives the mafia something to distract the town from doing what they should be doing. looking for the mafia. guessing about the setup is not going to find the mafia. In fact it takes the discussion away from what it should be about. Seeing what people are saying and doing on thread.

Additionally it gives the mafia the opportunity to misdirect the town by injecting bogus ideas. This is the more dangerous thing. 

overall better to wait until we actually know something than to waste time guessing about every possibility. 

Also, why is set-up spec inherently scummy?

Plz explain.

My opinion on EARLY setup speculation is that it gives the mafia something to distract the town from doing what they should be doing. looking for the mafia. guessing about the setup is not going to find the mafia. In fact it takes the discussion away from what it should be about. Seeing what people are saying and doing on thread.

Additionally it gives the mafia the opportunity to misdirect the town by injecting bogus ideas. This is the more dangerous thing. 

overall better to wait until we actually know something than to waste time guessing about every possibility. 

Okay, valid opinion.

Next question: What discussion am I distracting everyone from?

Missed the earlier post making the picard meme. 

NO. talking about setup in my opinion is not better than taking about nothing for the reasons I mentioned above. There has not been much game yet. probably because it is early in day and the weekend has come upon us. I would prefer that the game progress in along at its own pace. 

The distraction has been that it kind of prevented any other discussion. Darthe, Ley and you all made some statements about setup and that has created a lull in the conversation. sort of sucked the air out of the room if you will. 

My top suspect right now is you AJ. for both the setup talk and also the hopping on a train for the person being a "lurker". Rags has a bit of a valid point on GF about the strange post re: voting, but you didn't really acknowledge that part of the argument. ( also, for the record in one of those games that GF lurk-hammered, he was very important town)

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.
4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.
5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.
6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.
7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.
8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.
9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.
10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.
12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.
13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.
15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.

Missed the earlier post making the picard meme. 

NO. talking about setup in my opinion is not better than taking about nothing for the reasons I mentioned above. There has not been much game yet. probably because it is early in day and the weekend has come upon us. I would prefer that the game progress in along at its own pace. 

The distraction has been that it kind of prevented any other discussion. Darthe, Ley and you all made some statements about setup and that has created a lull in the conversation. sort of sucked the air out of the room if you will. 

My top suspect right now is you AJ. for both the setup talk and also the hopping on a train for the person being a "lurker". Rags has a bit of a valid point on GF about the strange post re: voting, but you didn't really acknowledge that part of the argument. ( also, for the record in one of those games that GF lurk-hammered, he was very important town)

1. Again, your opinion is valid. I also feel this game hasn't really been moving so at this point I am trying to get it going.

2. I disagree that the early comments have prevented other discussion. It is the responsibility of the other players to make their own commentary. I cannot force them to share their opinions, but I feel there has been ample opportunity for it if they wished.

3. I remember what roles GF had in those games. Actually, in his last 2 he was a town PR and generally did nothing but hammer. Regardless, I don't find that as an excuse not to apply pressure. If he is important to town than he should participate more. Staying quiet and having other's accept that as general meta is far too easy to hide behind if he were scum.

AJ. what is IRT? I don't keep up with the cool kids and their acronyms.

I can agree that lurking as town is a meta that can be abused. He is not clear IMO. I am saying that you appear to have disregarded the odd post which again IMO is the more incriminating thing. 

In regard to the discussion or lack thereof, I have seen on a fair number of occasions where a certain topic will take over the thread. If people don't have an opinion on that topic they may just not post anything. It is also possible that this merely a case of DM weekenditis. 

Come on out peeps...

yeah-if-we-hhr66v.jpg

AJ. what is IRT? I don't keep up with the cool kids and their acronyms.

I can agree that lurking as town is a meta that can be abused. He is not clear IMO. I am saying that you appear to have disregarded the odd post which again IMO is the more incriminating thing. 

In regard to the discussion or lack thereof, I have seen on a fair number of occasions where a certain topic will take over the thread. If people don't have an opinion on that topic they may just not post anything. It is also possible that this merely a case of DM weekenditis. 

1. In regards to. Sorry, I won't abbreviate anymore if it helps you out old timer :wink:

2. Okay so we can agree that his play style isn't necessarily conducive to a healthy town. I am disregarding the fact that he has been a town PR in past games because of this fact. Also, statistics. If you look at my reads list, you'll see that I mention Rag's suspicion of him in relation to GF's posts this game seem genuine. I didn't make a comment on the odd post because to me it comes across as something you would expect from GF. IE: it didn't necessarily surprise me. However, I am willing to pressure/lynch someone who isn't going to actively partake.

3. Weekenditis is possible. But again, just because other players don't feel the need to comment on a specific topic doesn't mean that can't present their own opinions on other matters. As I said, it's their responsibility.

im going out today so ill be back later at night 

so vote dap 

cuz i havent seen the dude in a while

cya all later

So we can assume you'll be removing this vote at some point?

probably

You could just say hi

Voting me as well just goes a step towards buddying and that's a worrying sign

Hello all

say just hi in a mafia game phfff 

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment 

Archived