DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

AJ my vote is NOT a policy vote. Engaging in setup talk at the start of D1 is a mafia tell to me. Just like many other things are. Another of them actually is your list. It is a tell for a similar reason as well. It is just too early to make a list of everyone. Most people, even the pretty active ones were still in single digits for posts. That is just not enough to go on. It makes the entire list look forced. Like you decided to just make it up so you could say that you had reads out there. I would have been more comfortable with it had you just commented about the people that had posted something notable and lumped the others together as insufficient data for analysis.

So my short case is basically 

A. participated and then actively pushed EARLY setup talk. Darthe and Ley both mentioned it but you pretty much took the ball and ran with it. IMO opinion there was also some subtle role fishing in there with that little bit about individual information from PMs. Frankly after that fiasco in the French Revolution game I don't want to go into anything to do with them.

B. the "reads list": looks forced as an attempt to look more town. Many of the "reads" are null or not mentioned. So why bother with the entire list?  I do sort of agree with Dap about the criteria used in some cases. This last post asking for a list from someone else (I showed you mine now you show me yours) only adds to the thought the entire list was an attempt to gain town cred. 

C. The weird vote on GF which looked like he was picking the weaker of the two reasons mentioned (general lurking) over the in-game reason (the strange post about voting)

Your response regarding my vote on you is telling as well. You stated that you accept that my POV on early setup talk is valid and then say that it is an easy reason to vote. Either it is valid or it isn't. If you are saying it is valid then your trying to spin it as something else pings even more.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^This is why we like you.  Also, that role is making a return in my new game but it is better.

I actually think that I am going to vote lolguy and see what happens if he gets a decent train.  Some of his responses do warrant attention

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment 

What do you think about Turin's case in regards to my vote on GF and the set-up spec?

(i agree with turin that early on setup talk is pointless and GF is a serial lurker, voting him for basically nothing seems like your picking out the easiest target for D1 lynch)

GF who everyone agrees plays a lurky scummy game usually, so him getting 3 votes and 2 of them are just bandwagoning is suspicious 

Which of the 2 votes do you find more suspicious? Is it both? Why are they suspicious to you?

Id say yours and chae (but chae has the newb excuse)

GF who everyone agrees plays a lurky scummy game usually, so him getting 3 votes and 2 of them are just bandwagoning is suspicious 

I don't find the Chael vote scummy due to newbness.

Good lord you guys are a mess

AJ and. Lol. Best place to get a mafia at this point.

AJ. You list of the players. It was a farce really. It was extremely one dimensional and basically boiled down to "if they are talking they are town". You do know mafia can do that too right?

Just felt like a show rather than an actual reasoned out list

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment

How can you say this, we have the AJ train (not RVS btw) and the set up talk discussion, but you choose GF. Safest bet to target attention to.

Plus the buddying and all that.

Recruit me if you dare, I know you are planning on it.

(The AJ train which had only you and turin and your reason was "im going on an AJ hunt!" and dont you think your streching the buddying thing?)

Cool

What about the AJ train...?

You know the non random one?

The one where you voted 3 pages ago and didnt give much reasoning for?

Ok - chuckles doesn't sit well with me - I didn't like the whole dap - "so this vote will be removed" chuckles "probably" thing.  It just stuck out.  I'm also leaning Hallia - it's just a gut feeling this time - I really don't know why.  Chuckles can use some pressure though.

vote chuckles

It was very clear sarcasm 

AJ my vote is NOT a policy vote. Engaging in setup talk at the start of D1 is a mafia tell to me. Just like many other things are. Another of them actually is your list. It is a tell for a similar reason as well. It is just too early to make a list of everyone. Most people, even the pretty active ones were still in single digits for posts. That is just not enough to go on. It makes the entire list look forced. Like you decided to just make it up so you could say that you had reads out there. I would have been more comfortable with it had you just commented about the people that had posted something notable and lumped the others together as insufficient data for analysis.

So my short case is basically 

A. participated and then actively pushed EARLY setup talk. Darthe and Ley both mentioned it but you pretty much took the ball and ran with it. IMO opinion there was also some subtle role fishing in there with that little bit about individual information from PMs. Frankly after that fiasco in the French Revolution game I don't want to go into anything to do with them.

B. the "reads list": looks forced as an attempt to look more town. Many of the "reads" are null or not mentioned. So why bother with the entire list?  I do sort of agree with Dap about the criteria used in some cases. This last post asking for a list from someone else (I showed you mine now you show me yours) only adds to the thought the entire list was an attempt to gain town cred. 

C. The weird vote on GF which looked like he was picking the weaker of the two reasons mentioned (general lurking) over the in-game reason (the strange post about voting)

Your response regarding my vote on you is telling as well. You stated that you accept that my POV on early setup talk is valid and then say that it is an easy reason to vote. Either it is valid or it isn't. If you are saying it is valid then your trying to spin it as something else pings even more.

So your short list is basically: Everything I have done this game is a mafia tell. If that's the case, it might be time to hang up the cleats old pal.

A. Okay, so you don't like early set-up talk. You've stated your opinion on it, and I have acknowledged that. We all have things we consider objective tells, so I can't really refute you on that. That still doesn't retract my point that you could be scum and using it as an easy reason to vote. Just because it's an opinion you believe in doesn't mean that you aren't using it as a cover to vote. I'm not twisting anything you have said. It's an observation of mine and something that I will keep in mind as the game progresses and my opinion on you develops. I also don't get where you came to the conclusion that I was role-fishing.

B. I'm not seeking to gain any sort of town-cred. I know my alignment and will let my actions speak for themselves. You say it's too early for me to post a reads list. Okay. When would be a better time? I provided my thoughts on the reads I had. What I am attempting to do is make my thought process transparent so that you can understand what I am thinking and how I came to those conclusions. If there is something specific you want to address then bring it up. Making blanket statements like "it looks forced" isn't really saying much.

C. I stand by what I have said about GF. I have no problem feeding him the rope if he isn't going to partake, I don't want players who I'm unable to discern their alignment coasting through to endgame. Your statement earlier about how he had a town PR in the last game when he played similarly holds no bearing to his alignment/role this game.

I want to hear some of your thoughts on the other players. What do you think about Dap's linking of me and lolguy? What do you think about lolguy's wagon? 

What do you think about Turin's case in regards to my vote on GF and the set-up spec?

(i agree with turin that early on setup talk is pointless and GF is a serial lurker, voting him for basically nothing seems like your picking out the easiest target for D1 lynch)

Which of the 2 votes do you find more suspicious? Is it both? Why are they suspicious to you?

Id say yours and chae (but chae has the newb excuse)

I don't find the Chael vote scummy due to newbness.

Blue: Turin is saying that the set-up spec is scummy, not pointless. How can you agree?

Bolded: First you say that both of our votes (mine and Chae's) are suspicious then immediately say that her vote isn't scummy due to her being new. Which is it?

Reposting this for clarity. I just realized my question to Ley was in the text box. will fix

Couple things:

1- Ley-- RVS is random voting stage. I'm surprised that one is new to you. Your comment @80 is anti-town and is generally a poor way to play. Interact and try and see how people react to your posts. You get information everywhere. Advocating remaining silent doesn't help anyone get more info. Info is the purpose of the game.

Don't twist my words. All I said, was that I wasn't going to post if (and only IF) there was nothing to reply to for me, I didn't say I wasn't going to post:

@Ley

what you seem to be saying here is that unless people are talking at or about you, you are not going to participate?  or are you meaning that you will only post when you only have something you want to comment on? please clarify

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.

so from the get go you are associating activity with info. Something I agree with but thought I'd point it out

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.

so the guy disagreeing with you is now null to scummy (easy to back out from)

Similar to me no? Guy disagrees and votes you so you go after them

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.

cool whatevs

4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.

so one of the posters leaning town, but you wanna see more.

Yea that's not a cliché, run of the mill thing to say in mafia at all

5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.

So Turin got a scum to null lean for an easy vote, but rags is ok.

6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.

so the other null to scum is a low poster in your eyes

7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.

cool. Another low poster is a low town read. Seeing a pattern yet? Cos I do and I like patterns. Strange that the one that disagrees is the issue in the pattern

8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.

that's weird. No read

9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.

secondary vote? Buddying just a tad? Who else is doing that? Oh yea!

10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.

nullish. How noncommittal can you be

12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.

13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.

no read and also no talk seems to feel like scummy reading your posts

15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.

Engaged means posting. That seems to mean town

You feel me?

Edit for reply

It doesn't matter if you pointed it out or not. When I'm mafia I call my team out all the time. The point is he didn't. You actually agree he didn't.

Yes, I agree that he didn't. I'm also saying he hasn't commented on ANYTHING in general. No original ideas, no personal commentary or reads. Basically nothing. You continue to push this angle that since he didn't talk about me specifically that it means something. You are reaching. I suggest you re-read. I think the only other person to weigh in on it is GE. Does that mean I'm teammates with all those other players too? Now you are also linking him with me by saying that we are both buddying you. For one, get over yourself lol. Secondly, your insistence that he and I must be working together coupled with your commentary on there being a mafia team and your discomfort of him seeming attached to you on thread is starting to look like a distancing act. I do find it odd that you continue to bring up the fact that you think he will recruit you. Are you placing me with Chuckles in the hopes that if/when he gets lynched (and shows scum) that I will be next due to some contrived associative tell? C'mon bro... if that's your play here it's terribly transparent.

Okay, so for the blue comments now.

Turin: I have already explained this read. Also, when did I go after him? We have discussed on thread, sure, but I wouldn't regard that as attacking. Naturally I'm going to question those who vote me. It's called conf-bias. I know that I am town, so when I am attacked I feel like it is natural to be suspicious.

Darthe: I provided commentary on my town read for him in another post, so no, it wasn't just about him posting at the time. Are you even reading the thread?

Rag: I also felt like I explained this one pretty well. Sure, GF could be considered an easy vote. I also state that I don't find it suspect because Rags wouldn't necessarily know that about GF and his playstyle.

GF: Never said he was a town read. And sure, patterns are cool. It suggests consistency. Now ask yourself... which alignment typically is inconsistent?

Hallia: Too jokey for my liking should suggest a negative outlook.

You: Already touched on the linking comment.

Chuckles: Noncommittal shouldn't be a word that is applied here considering this was put out when like half the game had under ~5 posts. Are you having such an easy time bashing my list because perhaps you already know where I am right or wrong?

GE: I have liked his posts since this list was made. At the time he really only did have 1 post, which is odd. He is typically pretty active.

Now, since you've had such a hay-day with my list, I'd love to see one from you Dap.

i notice i was left off this list.

Blue  So why didnt you say this the first time?  unvote just in case vote AJ

And when do i ever joke vote?

you also if im not remembering wrong,give reasons for your vote instead of saying 

I'm game to go for an AJ chase

Chuga

Chuga

Chugaunvote vote AJ

Choo Choo!

You are remembering wrong. I've gone through whole metas of not giving reasons on purpose

What's this about lurking, the game but started.

I find the occational odd post useful, since it can provoke discussion. I don't really understand how mafia could have let themselves partake in the train on me, seems careless, as if there were a quick day 1 lynch over a saturday or something... I actually slightly lean town on those my train, though wouldn't bet anything on it.

Archived