DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

I may or may not have a soul.  So nice is kind of a foreign concept to me.

Basel is tunnelling, he did it in the last game and it got him lynched day one, he was town, he said he was watching AJ, then when called out on it and pushed more that way overreacting, again how he plays. So for me it doesn't say he is mafia and until more happens, I will stay there. 

AJ/Womby, out of the two I prefer Wombat as Mafia, although I still think it looked like they were working together, and Womby is not happy for a AJ/Basel lynch, and AJ pushing for Basel, it looks almost engineered. But if not then I prefer Womby over AJ at present. 

Aida and rags...they need to get a hot tub together ;-)

Arez - disappointed you didn't come back for more...lol

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

Basel is playing very Basily.  :wacko: I can´t remember last time he was scum but this is normal town play for him. 

I'll follow Ley's lead, Unvote

But rest assured Tina, if I need to avoid suspicion, I'll vote you again.

Good luck! :biggrin:

*small facepalm...* Unvote, vote AJ. You get some pretty weird looks when you suddenly realize at work that you never unvoted in mafia and you proceed to let loose with a string of fictional curses. Especially when you aren't among fans of whatever universe you're swearing from.

I wish I could have seen it. lol

Why is everyone so quiet?

Rum and hot tub was my excuse. Still rum. Out of hot tub.

Oh. I wish I had a hot tub. Jealous.

Always? This is your first game so always is a strange thing to say. I´m watching you.

(Still, it´s great that you are so active.)

Oh I only said always like in the future sense - plus I signed up for a second game, thinking this would start faster, and it has already started too, so it's like I have 2 first games. Watch away though :wink: I don't mind. 

I am always active - I have insomnia and stay up until unreasonable hours.

Thank you both for explaining your reads on Basel - I hadn't read a game with him in it yet, so I was unsure about him. I'm still not sure, but it sounds more like he might be town than I though before. 

Basel is tunnelling, he did it in the last game and it got him lynched day one, he was town, he said he was watching AJ, then when called out on it and pushed more that way overreacting, again how he plays. So for me it doesn't say he is mafia and until more happens, I will stay there. 

AJ/Womby, out of the two I prefer Wombat as Mafia, although I still think it looked like they were working together, and Womby is not happy for a AJ/Basel lynch, and AJ pushing for Basel, it looks almost engineered. But if not then I prefer Womby over AJ at present. 

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

Overall a lot of fluff, I could make a pillow out of it.

Aida, here words can kill you, literally. People usually think genuinnly nice = scum

AJ, Womby, more fluff but better structure, maybe even too well structured interaction.

Talya, why Womby, if you believe both AJ and Womby both are scum and AJ already had a good train building?

People should be more active. Do we need an ice-breaker or something?

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

Aida, here words can kill you, literally. People usually think genuinnly nice = scum

AJ, Womby, more fluff but better structure, maybe even too well structured interaction.

Talya, why Womby, if you believe both AJ and Womby both are scum and AJ already had a good train building?

In regards to what I bolded Dora, yes, that's what everyone tells me - I can't stop being myself though. So people will just have to start to see that it's just how I'm going to play. I'm not going to try to be mean just to try to prove anything to anyone. 

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

:laugh:

I think Talya gave an explanation on why she suspects AJ and Wombat (even though I don´t see the connection) but, as you say, she doesn´t explain why she rather vote Wombat. 

Basel seems extremely bent on getting AJ out. And then I did mention that he seemed a little scummy, just by how the whole AJ/Wombat possible jokes were playing out. He responded to AJ, ignored me, never talked about why he might not be scummy, and really seemed to still just push the AJ is scum line. I mean, I left for a short period of time and came back and it was just about an argument in the making, with him rage-quitting to go to bed... Makes me start to think even more scummy...

Aida, I don't know about you, but I tend go to bed when I am tired at night and can't stay up anymore. Especially when I need to be up early. How do you go from me saying good night to me "rage-quitting to go to bed"?

Now that we have a good body of posts from most of us, I am going to spend my time after work building reads on people. I need to leave for the day in a few minutes.

Ooops forgot the !

So I take it you don't want that to be taken as serious but it actually was. Good to know

Basel is scum.Unvote vote Basel

Ug

We need to find you your own thing

Bacardi is my rum of choice. And yes I like hot tubs. Only terrorists hate hot tubs.

Never had Don Q

Have you tried the Bacardi oak heart? It's lovely

Then try appletons 15 year. Dam that's some fine rum

On this whole Basel AJ mess I think Basel reads as more town than AJ

However I don't think either are particaluarly scummy

I'll try do a better read tomorrow and sort it all out though

I've got a town vibe from Basel, Tal, Arez and Wombat.  It's early though.  I don't know a lot of people here yet well enough to have a feeling one way or the other.

Two things that stood out.

LOL haha

Now I feel bad...

unvote Rag

Scummy as hell unvote from a jokevote.

unvote vote Aidanna.

If Aidanna were a regular that'd played in a lot of games, I could see how her jumping off so fast would be suspicious.  I can recall my early games, and I was just as quick to jump off of people.

Vote: Andrej

Attempting to defuse pressure on Aidanna by playing the newbie card for her.  That's scum behavior for sure.  I'm more inclined to think buddying than protection, but either way, AJ needs to go.

Wombat makes a good point here.  

Basel seems extremely bent on getting AJ out. And then I did mention that he seemed a little scummy, just by how the whole AJ/Wombat possible jokes were playing out. He responded to AJ, ignored me, never talked about why he might not be scummy, and really seemed to still just push the AJ is scum line. I mean, I left for a short period of time and came back and it was just about an argument in the making, with him rage-quitting to go to bed... Makes me start to think even more scummy...

Aida, I don't know about you, but I tend go to bed when I am tired at night and can't stay up anymore. Especially when I need to be up early. How do you go from me saying good night to me "rage-quitting to go to bed"?

Now that we have a good body of posts from most of us, I am going to spend my time after work building reads on people. I need to leave for the day in a few minutes.

I got the quitting thing from the fact that you were arguing for like two posts - I had left the forum to check some other groups and came back and there was a big thing with you and AJ and you very quickly ended it. That's where I got it.  And rage-quitting is just a term I use in my games - like quitting when I get frustrated. 

It's apparently something that gives people a town read on you - which I wouldn't know. It doesn't mean I still don't wonder if you are just trying to play what you normally do when you are town to hide being a scum, but I am at least more confident in the possibility of you being town. 

So moving on - I really was hoping there would be more here this morning. I have to take my oldest to the dentist, and I won't check from my phone. See you all later!

I've got a town vibe from Basel, Tal, Arez and Wombat.  It's early though.  I don't know a lot of people here yet well enough to have a feeling one way or the other.

Two things that stood out.

LOL haha

Now I feel bad...

unvote Rag

Scummy as hell unvote from a jokevote.

unvote vote Aidanna.

If Aidanna were a regular that'd played in a lot of games, I could see how her jumping off so fast would be suspicious.  I can recall my early games, and I was just as quick to jump off of people.

Vote: Andrej

Attempting to defuse pressure on Aidanna by playing the newbie card for her.  That's scum behavior for sure.  I'm more inclined to think buddying than protection, but either way, AJ needs to go.

Wombat makes a good point here.  

This is sort of contradictory, no?

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

I said earlier that I thought his reasoning on AJ was weak (grasping a straws was the term), so if they are not working together I prefer Womby for his reasoning, so already said 

As for the "Fluff", fluff is non game related from how I see it, what happened between AJ and Womby is not fluff, but game related, unless you are using it in a different context? 

I said overall for the whole game - a lot of fluff, not for your post.

Ok, I don't know neither your, nor Womby's meta, but you say this is enough to vote Womby day 1 with 20 people, some of whom didn't even check in? I am not protecting Womby, I have never 'met' him till this day but I was just curious.

ahh...you said it right under the quote, and about the AJ/Womby thing. You didn't say anything about the game at all...you seem a bit defensive about it

I haven't said anything about his meta, you are now putting words in my mouth, or that was enough for me to vote him. Considering how many other people have voted and you pick on one, and it was very defensive of Womby. Now the question is, defending a team mate or trying to bus to someone you know is town and the only way you would know he is town, would be if you were mafia?

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

I'd say the Wombat vote would be better than the AJ vote, and not only for her explanation just above, because getting a large train, possibly with a reveal or too fast lynch is never a good idea on day one. It's always best to only get on one defenite train 24-12 hours before the deadline, to give the most time to scumhunt. And trains DO put pressure on people.

ahh...you said it right under the quote, and about the AJ/Womby thing. You didn't say anything about the game at all...you seem a bit defensive about it

I haven't said anything about his meta, you are now putting words in my mouth, or that was enough for me to vote him. Considering how many other people have voted and you pick on one, and it was very defensive of Womby. Now the question is, defending a team mate or trying to bus to someone you know is town and the only way you would know he is town, would be if you were mafia?

Yes, that is why I corrected myself, the overall was fluff, not your post. I understand your point now, thank you.

This is my 3rd game (2nd hasn't even finished) and I just wanted to know. I thought you have played with or at least knew Womby (I didn't even know if he likes being called that), nor I know Basil, or you in a game.

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

I'd say the Wombat vote would be better than the AJ vote, and not only for her explanation just above, because getting a large train, possibly with a reveal or too fast lynch is never a good idea on day one. It's always best to only get on one defenite train 24-12 hours before the deadline, to give the most time to scumhunt. And trains DO put pressure on people.

Thank you, Ley, these comments always help me.

Archived