DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

Thank you for telling me where people are located - it was only just before 8pm here when I posted that. For me that's when I can check the most, because I have two kids and am busier during the day until they go to bed. 

I know everyone will always think someone is scum - you can't guarantee otherwise unless you are a scum right, because aren't they the only ones who know? But I am trying hard to scum hunt and not be as nice, because I can tell that can be my downfall, at least until people get to know how I play. 

Official Vote Count

Womby (2/9): Ragnarok, Talya

Aidanna (1/9): John Snow

AJ (3/9): Womby, Tina, Basel

Basel (2/9): AJ, Despo

:unsure::blush: if you wanted to play Darthe, I'm sorry I didn't have you down... i thought you were just commenting like cindy... :blush: my apologies, but i hope i can make up for it by having you as backup if you want to play...

Interersting.. John Snow comes, votes Aidanna for something pretty vague, then leaves. 

Either he joke voted (which it did not look like), or... I dunno, Vote Snow

From what I recall, this is how Snow plays when he's something non-town. Granted it has been atleast a year since we last played, his "play" doesn't sit right with my belly/tummy/stommach/mage/estomago.

@ Dora (can I call you that, long words are a problem for me, lol), not a problem about the fluff, just a little confusing. As for meta, I sometimes can see peoples, and sometimes not, I'm not good at that type of thing, others are a lot better. 

Can Darthe join in then we all lynch him when he arrives, just for fun? :biggrin:

@ Arez, vote someone and it's likely to bring them in...lol

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

Thank you for telling me where people are located - it was only just before 8pm here when I posted that. For me that's when I can check the most, because I have two kids and am busier during the day until they go to bed. 

I know everyone will always think someone is scum - you can't guarantee otherwise unless you are a scum right, because aren't they the only ones who know? But I am trying hard to scum hunt and not be as nice, because I can tell that can be my downfall, at least until people get to know how I play. 

Well, I more believe if the strategy of "play how you want to play, after you get lynched as town for it 5 times people will realize it doesn't mean you're scummy".

You guys?

Well, I more believe if the strategy of "play how you want to play, after you get lynched as town for it 5 times people will realize it doesn't mean you're scummy".

Yeah, that was exactly what I was explaining there - but since this is my first game, I still have a few games to go before people know more of my game play. :smile:

I just read through all of Basel and imo he is either bad scum or flaily townie.  He jumps right on Andrej from the get-go and then snaps at Aidanna.  I'd expect scum to be a bit cooler than that.  Early townie lean. 

Reactionary would be a better word than flaily.  Cause...ya know...it's a real word.

I just read through all of Basel and imo he is either bad scum or flaily townie.  He jumps right on Andrej from the get-go and then snaps at Aidanna.  I'd expect scum to be a bit cooler than that.  Early townie lean. 

I dunno, that whole argument was so weird and petty I started to think it was staged. 

Official Vote Count

:unsure::blush: if you wanted to play Darthe, I'm sorry I didn't have you down... i thought you were just commenting like cindy... :blush: my apologies, but i hope i can make up for it by having you as backup if you want to play...

You're too kind :biggrin: that iz my fault for being a dummy, nothing that you did wrong :blush:

Please do add me as a backup? Or just toss me in with a vig shot. I promise ill use it quick to keep the balance *cough* SK *cough *

Official Vote Count

You're too kind :biggrin: that iz my fault for being a dummy, nothing that you did wrong :blush:

Please do add me as a backup? Or just toss me in with a vig shot. I promise ill use it quick to keep the balance *cough* SK *cough *

I'd let you be my coach...but I'm afraid that'd drag my game down.  hehehehe

Basel is tunnelling, he did it in the last game and it got him lynched day one, he was town, he said he was watching AJ, then when called out on it and pushed more that way overreacting, again how he plays. So for me it doesn't say he is mafia and until more happens, I will stay there. 

AJ/Womby, out of the two I prefer Wombat as Mafia, although I still think it looked like they were working together, and Womby is not happy for a AJ/Basel lynch, and AJ pushing for Basel, it looks almost engineered. But if not then I prefer Womby over AJ at present. 

Aida and rags...they need to get a hot tub together ;-)

Arez - disappointed you didn't come back for more...lol

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

<3 you too.  How exactly do you think I am "working with" AJ?

I said overall for the whole game - a lot of fluff, not for your post.

Ok, I don't know neither your, nor Womby's meta, but you say this is enough to vote Womby day 1 with 20 people, some of whom didn't even check in? I am not protecting Womby, I have never 'met' him till this day but I was just curious.

On early-mid Day 1, anything is enough to vote someone.

I'd say the Wombat vote would be better than the AJ vote, and not only for her explanation just above, because getting a large train, possibly with a reveal or too fast lynch is never a good idea on day one. It's always best to only get on one defenite train 24-12 hours before the deadline, to give the most time to scumhunt. And trains DO put pressure on people.

This is a terrible strategy.  Votes need to have the legitimate threat of lynch behind them or they won't do anything.  Sitting on your hands and not bringing anyone to L - 3 for most of Day 1 is anti-town.

You guys?

Not if the way you want to play is anti-town.

Also, starting to get a bad vibe from Aidanna.  She's talking too much about perceptions of scumminess and whatnot, and that's more of a scum thing to be worrying about than a town thing.  I'm not saying I'm expecting huge cases from her, but some unsolicited comments on some of the other players would be nice.

Archived