DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

I just have to say that your perceptions of me are pretty laughable - it's my very first game. How am I supposed to learn if I don't talk about it. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyway? Talk about scum-vibes and try to find who is the mafia? I am confused how to do this without talking about perceived scumminess and what I think of other players. I know only one player's affiliation for certain - and that's mine because I am town. This post from you Wombat makes me totally get a scum feel for you. So thank you for that post :smile:

Vote Wombat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ I have only mentioned it myself a handful of times - knowing people could hold it against me. 

Yes it's my first game - I am completely sorry that happened and I won't let it happen again. I blame my phone as it's relatively new. I won't check or update from my phone again.

Thank you Time!!!

Here I answered a question of whether it was my first. 

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

Here - I even said I don't want to mention it. I was trying to get more action and stated that I can't get a read on people without some talking. 

Yes. :blush:

Here I only answered when someone asked. 

Basel is playing very Basily.  :wacko: I can´t remember last time he was scum but this is normal town play for him. 

I'll follow Ley's lead, Unvote

But rest assured Tina, if I need to avoid suspicion, I'll vote you again.

Good luck! :biggrin:

*small facepalm...* Unvote, vote AJ. You get some pretty weird looks when you suddenly realize at work that you never unvoted in mafia and you proceed to let loose with a string of fictional curses. Especially when you aren't among fans of whatever universe you're swearing from.

I wish I could have seen it. lol

Why is everyone so quiet?

Rum and hot tub was my excuse. Still rum. Out of hot tub.

Oh. I wish I had a hot tub. Jealous.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Always? This is your first game so always is a strange thing to say. I´m watching you.

(Still, it´s great that you are so active.)

Here I did mention it. 

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

Thank you for telling me where people are located - it was only just before 8pm here when I posted that. For me that's when I can check the most, because I have two kids and am busier during the day until they go to bed. 

I know everyone will always think someone is scum - you can't guarantee otherwise unless you are a scum right, because aren't they the only ones who know? But I am trying hard to scum hunt and not be as nice, because I can tell that can be my downfall, at least until people get to know how I play. 

Well, I more believe if the strategy of "play how you want to play, after you get lynched as town for it 5 times people will realize it doesn't mean you're scummy".

Yeah, that was exactly what I was explaining there - but since this is my first game, I still have a few games to go before people know more of my game play. :smile:

And here I was only responding and validating that I don't have 5 games under my belt for people to know my personality. I think I have mentioned it less than a lot of other players this game. I can go find where other people have mentioned my gamer status or whatever you want to call it, if you want to know that exact number. 

So personally I only mentioned it like twice without prompting, I responded when people asked a direct question or something. Other people have talked a little about it. At least I'm active. 

Snow: only has 3 posts so far (counting his check-in and joke vote, and his asking if Aida was in her first game), and nothing at all in 48 hours. Wondering if he has gone MIA as he has a history of disappearing from games. If it weren't for that history, I'd say he's lurking. I'm going to call this a null read until he either shows up or gets replaced and the backup establishes themselves as active.

Hally: has an RL excuse for not posting (yet manages to be more active than Snow). Defends Aida for newbieness but makes it more believable than AJ did. I will call her town.

Aida: has no meta, so can't go by that. Reads as town to me or coached scum but has to stop relying on newbie cred by pointing out it's her first time over and over.

Talya: Leaning town so far but it's mostly a gut feeling because I'm not seeing any pings.

Rags: starts off with a lot of fluff, then explains that it's his meta. Meta defense (or in this case, pre-defense since it's before he even does anything to give anyone a read) gives me the willies. Possible scum. Rum and hot tub is a good time. (Rags, get yourself some Kraken.)

Ninja'ed by Aida, talking about mentioning it's her first game. Okay, so she has only mentioned it twice unprompted. But still something to keep in mind for your future games, especially since a lot of DMers tend to stop giving you a break for being a newbie after you have one game.

Dap: where has Dap been? He actually has less posts than Snow does.

Tina: caught stuff regarding AJ that I missed when she wondered why he thinks his wagon would be easier than anyone else's. It didn't come off as scripted to me, so I'll call her town.

Bella: nothing at all since her check-in.

Ley: seems to be learning from past games and hasn't done anything remarkably scummy yet. Town? I can't believe I am saying this about Ley.

Goldy: possible scum, he seems to be buddying up to the new player slightly here... mild scum read:

I like this more aggressive Theo. Get a couple games under your belt and she starts pushing people!

Womby: In all honesty, Womby is one player more than any other that I consistently have trouble getting a read on in mafia. Which is a compliment to his skill at the game. I suppose I will have to watch him carefully.

Des: four posts. Normally more active than this. Says he will catch up in an hour or so... 14.5 hours ago. You still here, Des?

LOL haha

Now I feel bad...

unvote Rag

Fluff is good as long as it is warm....i need warm right now - 3 hours in A&E not fun, but it beats work, lol

Fine, Aida, just fine, just checking in to see. Hi Talya.

Hi my dear, welcome to the game :-)

Greetings all! I'll be as active as I can be from SC this week! Was that a ! Talya? :laugh:

It was...haha, thought I had to throw it in there. 

nice little bandwagon on Arez going there, we need another one, someone do something scummy please, okay no one.

lets get another train going

UNVOTE 

VOTE AREZ

Your fishing thing was guessed how ever, you didn't even have the decency to explain to the newbies here, making them feel excluded.

Reactions now please

Ping from bolded

Perceived scumminess =/= scum.

Even weaker counter argument Basel.

I'm always scummy, didn't you hear? :smile:

What exactly was scummy about my behavior? My sarcasm towards Womby or me pointing out your over explanation? Seems like you had a pretty guilty conscience after nudging to feel out if my wagon was a place to park your vote on.

Perceived scumminess = anti town = should be lynched.

I've got a town vibe from Basel, Tal, Arez and Wombat.  It's early though.  I don't know a lot of people here yet well enough to have a feeling one way or the other.

Two things that stood out.

LOL haha

Now I feel bad...

unvote Rag

Scummy as hell unvote from a jokevote.

unvote vote Aidanna.

If Aidanna were a regular that'd played in a lot of games, I could see how her jumping off so fast would be suspicious.  I can recall my early games, and I was just as quick to jump off of people.

I didn't know it was her first game. At the same time, a vet isn't going to make that mistake.

Interersting.. John Snow comes, votes Aidanna for something pretty vague, then leaves. 

Either he joke voted (which it did not look like), or... I dunno, Vote Snow

From what I recall, this is how Snow plays when he's something non-town. Granted it has been atleast a year since we last played, his "play" doesn't sit right with my belly/tummy/stommach/mage/estomago.

Actually, my scum meta is more active than my town meta.

I just have to say that your perceptions of me are pretty laughable - it's my very first game. How am I supposed to learn if I don't talk about it. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyway? Talk about scum-vibes and try to find who is the mafia? I am confused how to do this without talking about perceived scumminess and what I think of other players. I know only one player's affiliation for certain - and that's mine because I am town. This post from you Wombat makes me totally get a scum feel for you. So thank you for that post :smile:

Vote Wombat

Major ping from this OMGUS.

Oh, and unvote vote John Snow

I still think he went sort of hard on Aida's back and forth with Rag. I didn't see anything 'scummy as hell' about the vote and unvote.

Scum, especially noob scum, will vote someone at beginning of the game. I'd say it's usually someone town, but that's beside the point. If they get pressured about it (like she did) they'll unvote because they're scared of the attention. They're too paranoid to realize that it's joke attention, and that the unvote will draw even more attention.

Alright gonna go sort of off the cuff first-

Aidanna is def pinging majorly to me. A lot of whyme fryme recently (her posts are much more focused with defending herself than trying to find scum), and other oddness. However, she gets a D1 pass I believe, so might as well just table that for now.

Talya's posts have seemed waaaay off, but then she usually comes off as scummy to me. Gonna pay them close attention during my catchup.

Still don't like that early move from Basel, but at least he's getting reads out. Gonna see if his other responses satisfy me enough to unvote during my catchup.

Rags seems way too eager to act friendly and schtuffs this game. Could be from slight embarassment mebbe, since he rubbed some peeps the wrong way in the signup thread, but still, worth watching.

Okay, gonna go deeper into stuff now.

##vote WWWwombat

For the boasting in sign up thread.  lol

For boasting in the sign up thread?! I think I remember who that was....

Vote Rag

LOL

Hey hey hey now, I didn't boast!  I was just drunk.

My point exactly.

Archived