DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trick-or-Treat II Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!!!

LilyElizabeth

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Club Leader

Vote Count:

Darthe (1) – Leelou

Aemon (1) – Moon

Dap (2) – Kat, Aemon

Salami (1) – Cloud

Moon (1) – Mish

Ishy (1) – Yates

Yates (1) Hallia

Hallia (1) - Lenlo

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline – none given yet

Not voting – Ishy, RTE, Verb, Darthe, Tress, Andrej, Pral, Not Bob, Dap, Salami, Des

My highly anticipated case on Cloud:

@Mod: I have a couple of questions about the design of the game. Can only members of a house hit it's trigger by doing something? And will a trigger that has been hit affect everyone in the game or only the members of it's house?

Starts the "helpful townie" play immediately. What also got my attention about this post is his mentioning of "members of a house". I saw nothing in my pm that stated anything about anyone being members of a house, nor was there any hint of anything like that in the OP. What if one or more of the mafia members is a "member of the house" for one of the houses, and Cloud let hidden knowledge of the game slip?

Far fetched, but meh worth pointing out.

@Mod: I have a couple of questions about the design of the game. Can only members of a house hit it's trigger by doing something? And will a trigger that has been hit affect everyone in the game or only the members of it's house?

There are no members of houses. You are a group trick-or-treating a neighborhood. None of you live there. 

As for the triggers, PAFO

Ah, well in that case.

Unvote, Vote Dark Green

Let's get this over with so Day can start.

Just do everyone a favor and vote for Dark Green. You aren't doing anything worthwhile by picking a different house which we will have no chance of visiting.

These two posts push the "everyone vote dark green so day can start" thing, and while in Dap's case it seemed a little more genuine, in Cloud's case it looks a lot more like a scummie trying to get town cred. After all, Cloud even questioned Andrej why he had a town read on Dap, when in all likeliness it might have been Dap's urging for everyone to come to a quick consensus so day could start that made Andrej think that.

I could go for Csarmi btw, but it's mostly just a gut feeling. He seems way too excited and has been replying to almost every post without adding any content, and I'm not sure how to feel about him claiming to be Mario..

This was the biggest ping for me however. Lily already made it clear that our costumes would have no bearing whatsoever on alignment, and with Cloud pushing the helpful townie angle you figure if he WAS town he would have paid attention to the mod saying that.

Just looks like him trying to breadcrumb a case on Salami, and see if the cryptic finish to the post would cause anyone else to bite.

Other than that, I also didn't like Moon's vote on Aemon. Seemed to come out of nowhere, and Moon spent all the previous time posting fluff and once day starts immediately puts out a "serious" vote. Could have been a distancing vote.

Andrej on page 4 does look a little questionable, putting out town reads so quick, and especially odd considering one of his town "reads" was already pressuring him.

Lastly I feel there's too many trying to make a big show out of putting "joke" (woot! Third set of sarcastic quotes in a short three paragraph post!) votes out there. We already had a N0, so you figure some would have already gotten the spammy stuff out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some scummies trying to slip in with joke votes to hide and hopefully extend the joke vote stage of the game to hamper actual scumhunting.

Bah, yeah, I may have put fluff on the selecting the house phase, but the time for play was over once we got to an actual house. 

I am going to unvote for the time being. 

Honestly, I think you are all mafia.

Bah, yeah, I may have put fluff on the selecting the house phase, but the time for play was over once we got to an actual house. 

Really, so soon? You believe we are all Mafia?

Okay, I'm curious about aemon because he's been really quiet. 

An awfully weird reason for a vote at the beginning of a game, especially since day had just started.  

Unvoting as soon as you are called on it and then saying thinking everyone is mafia? Not really getting a town vibe from you, Moon. 

Also to note: Aemon put a second vote on Dap a minute after Kath voted Dap. Not really sure what I think of that yet, but it stuck out when I was just going through the thread this morning. 

Votes Player for abandoning the ACW and not leaving so much as one banner behind *glares* PS - you still gonna do them?

*Hits the floor*

vote Dap 

My highly anticipated case on Cloud:

Starts the "helpful townie" play immediately. What also got my attention about this post is his mentioning of "members of a house". I saw nothing in my pm that stated anything about anyone being members of a house, nor was there any hint of anything like that in the OP. What if one or more of the mafia members is a "member of the house" for one of the houses, and Cloud let hidden knowledge of the game slip?

Far fetched, but meh worth pointing out.

I didn't know that we were voting for which house we were to visit; I thought everyone had to pick a house where he would start off with and become a member of that house. I was still a bit confused about the way the game was going to work, and this explanation made sense to me back then, lol. What made me think of this theory was this post from Lily: 

We begin with Night 0. There are no night actions for this night. You all need to vote in Blue for the color house you want to start off with. The houses are: Light Blue, Yellow, Dark Green, White, Red, Tan, Dark Blue, Brown, Light Green, and Grey. 

I don't have anything in my PM stating anyhthing about being part of a house; It only mentioned my role, and my costume with a picture attached to it. Your theory is indeed far fetched, almost as far fetched as mine. 

There are no members of houses. You are a group trick-or-treating a neighborhood. None of you live there. 

As for the triggers, PAFO

Ah, well in that case.

Unvote, Vote Dark Green

Let's get this over with so Day can start.

Just do everyone a favor and vote for Dark Green. You aren't doing anything worthwhile by picking a different house which we will have no chance of visiting.

These two posts push the "everyone vote dark green so day can start" thing, and while in Dap's case it seemed a little more genuine, in Cloud's case it looks a lot more like a scummie trying to get town cred. After all, Cloud even questioned Andrej why he had a town read on Dap, when in all likeliness it might have been Dap's urging for everyone to come to a quick consensus so day could start that made Andrej think that.

I suspected why Andrej had a town read on Dap, but I wanted to hear it from the man himself. It's logical that if we are voting for which house to visit that it doesn't matter which it is because it is most likely to be random anyway, and so we should just pick one and then continue on with the next Day. I don't like how you are accusing me of trying to get town cred by pointing out the most logical way of going through this game, and then say that Dap who basically said the same thing sounded more genuine while he was the second one to mention it which would normally make people more suspicious. You are even defending Dap by saying that he was "urging everyone to come to a quick concensus so day could start" while I said the exact same thing!

I could go for Csarmi btw, but it's mostly just a gut feeling. He seems way too excited and has been replying to almost every post without adding any content, and I'm not sure how to feel about him claiming to be Mario..

This was the biggest ping for me however. Lily already made it clear that our costumes would have no bearing whatsoever on alignment, and with Cloud pushing the helpful townie angle you figure if he WAS town he would have paid attention to the mod saying that.

Just looks like him trying to breadcrumb a case on Salami, and see if the cryptic finish to the post would cause anyone else to bite.

I know what Lily said about the costumes, but I have my doubts about Csarmi's costume because I'm not sure if we can have two costumes from the same franchise (in this case the Mario games). I know that it's a very loose thought and that's why I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I didn't let it influence my vote on Salami which was based on him being too eager and not contributing anything while replying to every single post.

I thought that your vote on Aemon was just meant to draw him out so I decided to not think too much about it, but your unvote coupled with the "I think you are all mafia" thing makes me think that you had a serious scum read on Aemon, and now you say that you are unsure because more people are pinging so you unvoted. Who do find pinging besides Aemon, Moon? Because right now I'm just thinking that you unvoted because you have gotten some heat for your previous post.

Unvote, Vote Moon.

Sounds like Lily will hide more than our costumes do...

I think you'll love what my naughty nurse costume is hiding.

Vote Andrej because we already clarified he is scum.  

FoS Des for repeating my vague statement from my first post.

FoS Leelou for voting obvtown Darthe (thats a joke)

A nod of appreciation to Yates for being such a good person.  You could all stand to learn a couple of things.

*Raises glass* Ishy, how are ya buddy?  Still kickin ass?

Sounds like Lily will hide more than our costumes do...

I think you'll love what my naughty nurse costume is hiding.

Vote Andrej because we already clarified he is scum.  

FoS Des for repeating my vague statement from my first post.

FoS Leelou for voting obvtown Darthe (thats a joke)

A nod of appreciation to Yates for being such a good person.  You could all stand to learn a couple of things.

*Raises glass* Ishy, how are ya buddy?  Still kickin ass?

Probably one of those knives Lily keeps talking about. And to correct you, you clarified that I was scum but without much reason besides that.

I know what Lily said about the costumes, but I have my doubts about Csarmi's costume because I'm not sure if we can have two costumes from the same franchise (in this case the Mario games). I know that it's a very loose thought and that's why I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I didn't let it influence my vote on Salami which was based on him being too eager and not contributing anything while replying to every single post.

I don't like this answer.  Lily pointed out the costumes mean nothing.....I thought Des' FOS on this subject was pretty weak, but now I'm reconsidering due to this response.

Vote: Cloud

Thoughts so far:

Aggressive AJ is aggressive.  Not sure what Darthe sees that makes him sure AJ is scum, however.  He referenced Page 4, and if it's regarding the two posts in which AJ indicates he believes Dap and Cloud are town, well... that's pretty much par for Darthe's normal course as well, looks a bit iffy.

Despo's case on Cloud was actually a lot more reasonable than I expected.  My expectations were very low, to be sure.  :wink:

Cloud's costume-based suspicion of Csarmi is strange to me.  Why would Csarmi be lying about his costume? Lily has already said the costumes aren't relevant, and if they weren't, if anyone was going to lie about their costume I think it would be Hally.  Sinister costume is sinister!   Or maybe Despo, because... dude.  You're a fairy.

Not a fan of Moon's vote and quick unvote on Aemon.  Also her attempted FOS on Darthe for being one of the last ones to check in struck me as reaching.

Archived