DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trick-or-Treat II Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!!!

LilyElizabeth

• Club Leader

Vote Count:

Darthe (1) – Leelou

Dap (1) – Kat

Moon (2) – Mish, Cloud

Hallia (1) – Lenlo

Lenlo (1) – Hallia

Cloud (3) – Des, Verb, Aemon

Andrej (2) – Darthe, Not Bob

Verb (1) – Yates

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Deadline – none given yet

Not voting – Ishy, RTE, Tress, Andrej, Pral, Dap, Salami, Moon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright before I go back and get all detailed on yalls behinds, what's up with so many people saying Aemon is scum or scummy? Yall have a meta read on him or something? I haven't personally seen anything really stand out from him, and yet multiple people have come forth and said he was scummy, without giving any reasons or anything. Not to mention Moon's strange vote on him and then even weirder quick unvote. I actually wouldn't even mind seeing his flip, considering so many players have commented on him already that it would be interesting to see reactions to it one way or another.

Anyhoo, be back in a bit with more.

Okay so firstly my response to Cloud's response to my case on him:

Starts the "helpful townie" play immediately. What also got my attention about this post is his mentioning of "members of a house". I saw nothing in my pm that stated anything about anyone being members of a house, nor was there any hint of anything like that in the OP. What if one or more of the mafia members is a "member of the house" for one of the houses, and Cloud let hidden knowledge of the game slip?

Far fetched, but meh worth pointing out.

I didn't know that we were voting for which house we were to visit; I thought everyone had to pick a house where he would start off with and become a member of that house. I was still a bit confused about the way the game was going to work, and this explanation made sense to me back then, lol. What made me think of this theory was this post from Lily: 

We begin with Night 0. There are no night actions for this night. You all need to vote in Blue for the color house you want to start off with. The houses are: Light Blue, Yellow, Dark Green, White, Red, Tan, Dark Blue, Brown, Light Green, and Grey. 

I don't have anything in my PM stating anyhthing about being part of a house; It only mentioned my role, and my costume with a picture attached to it. Your theory is indeed far fetched, almost as far fetched as mine.

I don't buy this explanation. Look at the second sentence of the OP, where Lily describes the theme:

Welcome to my Trick-or-Treat mafia. In this game, you will be visiting houses and trick-or-treating.

It was already extremely clear that we would be visiting houses and would vote on which house we would all visit as a group together. I don't believe that you would have been honestly confused about the situation.

The thing about members of houses possibly being a slip is somewhat far fetched, agreed, but the original point stands: I think you were trying to look like a helpful townie asking questions about the setup. And as others have also pointed out, you disregarding what Lily said about costumes doesn't jibe with the whole "helpful townie" thing.

These two posts push the "everyone vote dark green so day can start" thing, and while in Dap's case it seemed a little more genuine, in Cloud's case it looks a lot more like a scummie trying to get town cred. After all, Cloud even questioned Andrej why he had a town read on Dap, when in all likeliness it might have been Dap's urging for everyone to come to a quick consensus so day could start that made Andrej think that.

I suspected why Andrej had a town read on Dap, but I wanted to hear it from the man himself. It's logical that if we are voting for which house to visit that it doesn't matter which it is because it is most likely to be random anyway, and so we should just pick one and then continue on with the next Day. I don't like how you are accusing me of trying to get town cred by pointing out the most logical way of going through this game, and then say that Dap who basically said the same thing sounded more genuine while he was the second one to mention it which would normally make people more suspicious. You are even defending Dap by saying that he was "urging everyone to come to a quick concensus so day could start" while I said the exact same thing!

Firstly, I don't have a problem with you questioning Andrej. My point was that you questioning him about that makes it look like you wondered what gave Andrej a town read on someone, while also trying to do the same thing. THAT'S why I say you were trying to gain town cred.

Second, I don't really remember anyone else saying we should all agree on a house quick before Dap said what he did. Point out to me who did first.

Either way, you coming out and repeating the same stuff Dap was saying pings to me, and it shouldn't be a mystery to you why. Players coming out and parroting what someone else said, in what looks like a possible attempt to gain town cred, looks highly questionable to me, and should to you to. Parroting is one of mafia's favorite ways of blending in.

Lastly, pointing out the logical way to do things is all well and good, but making a show out of pointing out the logical way of doing things is what drew my attention.

I could go for Csarmi btw, but it's mostly just a gut feeling. He seems way too excited and has been replying to almost every post without adding any content, and I'm not sure how to feel about him claiming to be Mario..

This was the biggest ping for me however. Lily already made it clear that our costumes would have no bearing whatsoever on alignment, and with Cloud pushing the helpful townie angle you figure if he WAS town he would have paid attention to the mod saying that.

Just looks like him trying to breadcrumb a case on Salami, and see if the cryptic finish to the post would cause anyone else to bite.

I know what Lily said about the costumes, but I have my doubts about Csarmi's costume because I'm not sure if we can have two costumes from the same franchise (in this case the Mario games). I know that it's a very loose thought and that's why I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I didn't let it influence my vote on Salami which was based on him being too eager and not contributing anything while replying to every single post.

I don't remember you voting Salami. Did you? You didn't in the post I quoted. Which is why I said that the cryptic way you finished the post ("I'm not sure how to feel about him claiming to be Mario...") seemed like you trying to float out an FOS on someone to see if others would do your legwork for you.

And someone already pointed this out, but what would the scum motive in lying about your costume be? Go ahead, I'll wait a bit.

What's that? You can't think of one? Yeah cause there really wouldn't be. With costumes being irrelevant to the game, someone could claim to be Hitler and it wouldn't have any bearing on whether or not I thought that person scum.

Either way, Mario and all the games and characters surrounding him are one of the biggest icons of gaming period, and the universe makes for very popular halloween costumes. Is it really that hard to believe that we'd see two characters from the same iconic universe?

Bah, yeah, I may have put fluff on the selecting the house phase, but the time for play was over once we got to an actual house. 

I am going to unvote for the time being. 

Honestly, I think you are all mafia.

I thought that your vote on Aemon was just meant to draw him out so I decided to not think too much about it, but your unvote coupled with the "I think you are all mafia" thing makes me think that you had a serious scum read on Aemon, and now you say that you are unsure because more people are pinging so you unvoted. Who do find pinging besides Aemon, Moon? Because right now I'm just thinking that you unvoted because you have gotten some heat for your previous post.

Unvote, Vote Moon.

Uh, what? Moon's quick unvote was obviously odd, don't get me wrong. But your explanation for why that makes her mafia looks just as odd.

Bolded: If you think she had a serious scum read on Aemon, tell me again why you think she's mafia? Cause mafia don't have a "serious scum read" on ANYONE in a game, or at least not in any typical game. Explain please.

Underlined: ... it seems fairly obvious that Moon unvoted because she got heat for her previous post. I mean, it's pretty obvious from the wording of her own post. But why does that make her mafia? You see, there is a townie motivation for doing what she did: she could have been embarrassed for exhibiting behavior that made her the subject of attention when town needed to find scum.

Don't get me wrong, Moon's play this game has been pretty sketchy, but I still think you're just trying to pursue the easiest lynch that isn't your own.

More to follow.

Okay other stuff.

I know, but we can't just ignore scummy play when we see it. I think it will sort itself out one way or another once the game starts getting active.

Or Moon will just disappear now leaving us scratching our heads.

Meh then we will just lynch her :P

^This sequence makes Cloud look even worse imo. Cloud trying to lead town, even when it's pointed out to him that Moon always seems to act scummy.

Vote Andrej because we already clarified he is scum.  

FoS Des for repeating my vague statement from my first post.

FoS Leelou for voting obvtown Darthe (thats a joke)

A nod of appreciation to Yates for being such a good person.  You could all stand to learn a couple of things.

*Raises glass* Ishy, how are ya buddy?  Still kickin ass?

Eh? Why should I get an fos for that? The whole reason I commented on Andrej was because you said he looked scummy on page 4. I went back and checked, and then agreed that it looked a little strange. I wasn't trying to act like I was making an original point or anything.

I already said that the costume idea was just a thought. You guys are making a big deal out of it.

The problem is you breadcrumbed out a "thought" that made it seem like you trying to divert attention to something unnecessary.

I already said that the costume idea was just a thought. You guys are making a big deal out of it.

The problem is just by bringing it up you've created wifom. Not very bad right now in my opinion but when its the only thing we have to go on insofar, aside from peoples reactions to it which are happening now, we have to focus on it.

Ugh Lenlo. This seems to be your favorite thing to do as scum: try to make someone look bad by saying they're "creating wifom". If you're town, you definitely overuse that concept way too much amigo. Cloud didn't create any wifom, he just said something odd that had no real value in catching scum this game. I don't like that he did, and I think he's mafia, but you trying to say he's creating wifom pings to me.

Looks like Cloud is exploiting the Moon move and trying to push her lynch very badly. 

I'm not exploiting Moon's position in the game; I'm scumhunting. I find it interesting that you are referring to my play as exploiting Moon's move, as this translates to you agreeing with us that Moon made a bad move, and yet you attack me instead of her. And not to mention that you are deliberately misinterpreting the second post of mine which you just quoted above. So what do you think about Moon's play so far?

Darthe already pointed out you feeling it necessary to point out that you're scumhunting. Dunno why he took it for a towntell instead of a scumtell however. 

Either way, you completely butcher logic and reason with your first point. Pray said you were trying to exploit Moon's move, so YES, he's essentially agreeing that the move was bad/odd. The logic fail here is that you don't truly address the actual point he was making: that you were being opportunistic in jumping on something that could easily get someone lynched for.

Just cause someone flubs up doesn't make them scum. Someone going after someone fairly aggressively for a flub, when that person seems prone to commit flubs fairly often in games, looks far scummier than the original gaffe (betcha thought I'd say "flub" again huh? :wink:)

Also funny how you try and redirect focus back to Moon so quick.

Other than that, I also didn't like Moon's vote on Aemon. Seemed to come out of nowhere, and Moon spent all the previous time posting fluff and once day starts immediately puts out a "serious" vote. Could have been a distancing vote.

Andrej on page 4 does look a little questionable, putting out town reads so quick, and especially odd considering one of his town "reads" was already pressuring him.

Lastly I feel there's too many trying to make a big show out of putting "joke" (woot! Third set of sarcastic quotes in a short three paragraph post!) votes out there. We already had a N0, so you figure some would have already gotten the spammy stuff out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some scummies trying to slip in with joke votes to hide and hopefully extend the joke vote stage of the game to hamper actual scumhunting.

What was odd about Cloud asking me a question? I didn't consider it pressure.

I'm also curious as to the result of the dark green house's trigger being sprung. I thought there'd be blood :sad:

To the first: I'm not saying it was a ton of pressure, but it can be said that anyone asking someone else a direct question is itself a form of pressure.

To the second: why are you sad that there was no blood?

I have been so busy today that I lost track of the game. 
Grr. I'm gonna look over the game again before revoting

..... really?

The game just started Moon and you... lost track of it?

Hope you don't take this personal Moon, but I really wish your play was better than this, considering how long you've played mafia. Every game I play with you I end up thinking you're a Jester or something, cause it seems like you love trying to get yourself lynched.

Posts like these are completely unnecessary, unless it's been a really long time since you've checked back into the thread or something, and you're just letting us know you're trying to catch up. The fact that you apparently already "lost track of the game" greatly worries me. The fact that you don't address the multiple people commenting on your posts is even more troubling. You basically have only had one post this game where you took a stance on anything, and that was when you voted Aemon, which you then immediately retracted.

What gives?

Aemon is scum

Cloud is derptown (if you have to tell someone youre scumhunting..)

NB is town

Yates is town

Ishy is town

Lily is mod

Mish is town

Moon is par for the course

Tress is null

Give reasons for your reads or else accept that your opinions will be completely disregarded this game. I really hate these posts from you. Too early to have so many town reads, and putting out that many town reads this early can hurt town greatly. Extremely anti-town.

And the reasoning you DO actually give for why Cloud is derptown doesn't make sense to me. Telling people you're scumhunting seems a lot more like a scumtell to me, not a derptown tell.

So yeah, the peeps I'm keeping a close eye on atm:

Cloud

Moon

Lenlo (for "creating wifom" comment)

Yates (for throwaway vote on Verbal, and he's usually much more active than this)

Leelou and Tress seem townish to me. Pray somewhat as well, tho to a lesser degree.

Darthe and NotBob need to explain why they think Aemon is scum. While were at it, Moon could explain why she voted him in the first place.

Lastly it would be nice to see Kat, Dap, Ishy, and Mish all post more actual game thoughts. Don't have a read on any of them yet.

Cloud's reasoning seems off this game and he's started off pushing an easy lynch. Granted, Moon has scummy behaviors, but from what I've seen she does every game and I think I might have to stick her in my Lily/Mish (always think they are scum) category and have to wait a few days to get a better read.

Has salami checked in since the start of day? I'm on my phone so I'll check for myself later, but if he has he's been awfully quiet.

NotBob has me slightly concerned, he's not playing for his usual drive to lynch Darthe for the betterment of town and he has an odd vote on Andrej.

People I'm willing to vote right now are Cloud and NotBob. Cloud has tipped the scale a bit more for me with his responses, so unvote, vote Cloud

*game thoughts*

:laugh:

Cloud's reasoning seems off this game and he's started off pushing an easy lynch. Granted, Moon has scummy behaviors, but from what I've seen she does every game and I think I might have to stick her in my Lily/Mish (always think they are scum) category and have to wait a few days to get a better read.

Has salami checked in since the start of day? I'm on my phone so I'll check for myself later, but if he has he's been awfully quiet.

NotBob has me slightly concerned, he's not playing for his usual drive to lynch Darthe for the betterment of town and he has an odd vote on Andrej.

People I'm willing to vote right now are Cloud and NotBob. Cloud has tipped the scale a bit more for me with his responses, so unvote, vote Cloud

See now THIS is the kind of post that tells me Leelou is prob town.

I like your point about NotBob.  Also thought it was weird that he even acted semi-apologetic there for a sec earlier.

Here's a plan

Lynch cloud

See if its a slip

Either way it sheds light on a few people (Darthes defence of him in particular or the case making people [des])

D1 info lynch FTW!

vote cloud

Nice try setting up a future lynch on me. If Cloud flips town you'll pretty much jump to the top of my scumlist.

Oh and oh yeah I'm a fairy

It all makes sense now. The girl name. The attitude.

Salami's last post in the game that I could find and this was before day started. From poking around, he has been on the forums. I'm not liking the lack of play coming from him. 

@Des - Your post is too long so I decided not to quote it :smile: I said I was hoping for blood meaning a coroner report could've been helpful.

I can't comment much on the Moon/Aemon thing because I haven't played with either (or without repeating what's been said already). I'm curious about Aemon's original vote on Dap.

NotBob's vote on me is whatever. Typical play from him. I'd be happy to lynch him in regards to both potentially nailing scum or ridding a bad townie. I also want to hear Darthe's reasoning behind his scum read on me. I have a good idea which post of mine he was referring to but I can't really see how from his perspective he found it scummy.

Cloud is being Cloud: A good D1 lynch candidate :tongue:

Based on meta I think Salami is a good shot for scum.

vote Csarmi

Meta refers to past games? I've played with him both as partners on the mafia team and against when he was town. As mafia I've seen him spam a lot and as town he actively scum hunts.

Right, but it was night with not much to go on but voting for houses. Since day has started he's gone - not being spammy. Plus he has a knack for posting the most posts with no content in them as town. Just look at verbal's and DPR's games. I'm more worried with him not showing up come day.

Lol call it what you'd like and thanks for the tip :wink: I'm going off personal experience that I've had playing with him. It's fine that you don't agree, you can sheep your vote onto Cloud. Also, you say that you're not worried about him not showing up when you literally just talked about how him being gone from the game and posting elsewhere was troublesome. Why the contradiction? Distancing and then defending? That doesn't make much sense.

Oh and oh yeah I'm a fairy

It all makes sense now. The girl name. The attitude.

Salami's last post in the game that I could find and this was before day started. From poking around, he has been on the forums. I'm not liking the lack of play coming from him. 

Also, salami will tell you he's the worst scum hunter, he's not lying. I am calling your meta a crap read and really you need to learn to not rely too much on meta and actually analyze the content of posts.

Meta refers to past games? I've played with him both as partners on the mafia team and against when he was town. As mafia I've seen him spam a lot and as town he actively scum hunts.

Right, but it was night with not much to go on but voting for houses. Since day has started he's gone - not being spammy. Plus he has a knack for posting the most posts with no content in them as town. Just look at verbal's and DPR's games. I'm more worried with him not showing up come day.

I multi-quoted the wrong post. This is the one I wanted. See the bold.

Lol call it what you'd like and thanks for the tip :wink: I'm going off personal experience that I've had playing with him. It's fine that you don't agree, you can sheep your vote onto Cloud. Also, you say that you're not worried about him not showing up when you literally just talked about how him being gone from the game and posting elsewhere was troublesome. Why the contradiction? Distancing and then defending? That doesn't make much sense.

I don't see how I'm contradicting myself. I'm saying your "meta" read on him is crap going off N0 spam, when he spams every single game he is in regardless of alignment. I'm more worried that he is not around in this game because that is not like him at all and giving us nothing to go on. And I'm not sheeping, Cloud's posts of defense are more trying to push focus elsewhere and he can't really defend his positions.

Also, RE this post:

Other than that, I also didn't like Moon's vote on Aemon. Seemed to come out of nowhere, and Moon spent all the previous time posting fluff and once day starts immediately puts out a "serious" vote. Could have been a distancing vote.

Andrej on page 4 does look a little questionable, putting out town reads so quick, and especially odd considering one of his town "reads" was already pressuring him.

Lastly I feel there's too many trying to make a big show out of putting "joke" (woot! Third set of sarcastic quotes in a short three paragraph post!) votes out there. We already had a N0, so you figure some would have already gotten the spammy stuff out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were some scummies trying to slip in with joke votes to hide and hopefully extend the joke vote stage of the game to hamper actual scumhunting.

What was odd about Cloud asking me a question? I didn't consider it pressure.

Thoughts so far:

Aggressive AJ is aggressive.  Not sure what Darthe sees that makes him sure AJ is scum, however.  He referenced Page 4, and if it's regarding the two posts in which AJ indicates he believes Dap and Cloud are town, well... that's pretty much par for Darthe's normal course as well, looks a bit iffy.

Despo's case on Cloud was actually a lot more reasonable than I expected.  My expectations were very low, to be sure.   :wink:

Cloud's costume-based suspicion of Csarmi is strange to me.  Why would Csarmi be lying about his costume? Lily has already said the costumes aren't relevant, and if they weren't, if anyone was going to lie about their costume I think it would be Hally.  Sinister costume is sinister!   Or maybe Despo, because... dude.  You're a fairy.

Not a fan of Moon's vote and quick unvote on Aemon.  Also her attempted FOS on Darthe for being one of the last ones to check in struck me as reaching.

I think Darthe is referring to my response to Dap's thing where he said it was silly for anyone to actually be playing already since it was N0. I found that sort of weird from Dap.

I don't really think they are. Plus, Salami tends to post a whole lotta nothing in games. I don't really see that as a scum tell from him.

I don't really care about the costume thing, but I think CS does tend to spam more as mafia.

At noon tomorrow, the person with the lowest post count will be modkilled. 

Just kidding, but a bored mod is a dangerous mod. Post!

Do it!

Other thoughts: The Mish v. Pral thing is funny how they keep throwing accusations at one another but no votes. Wasn't that the whole basis of your argument in the first place Mish? Hallia is spamming a lot. I like Yates in this game although I think Darthe's bromo attempts are pretty blatant. I'm also curious as to the result of the dark green house's trigger being sprung. I thought there'd be blood :sad:

It almost seems like you are upset scum didn't get the trigger, and it's not very townie to want blood so early in a game.

Archived