DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it. What is there to explain? Someone used some sort of "cloud of darkness" on me but I don't know what it means because I used a Strength potion on Hallia and nobody seemed to have targeted her last Night. I doubt that it was a Roleblocker because BG had that role. And if we choose to believe the Report then you and Turin are both town, which leaves us with Peace, Dice or Berf as the last anti-town player.

If I understood correctly she received a response of No Read when she tried to Watch you last night.

Anything about your role that suggests this would happen?

Nope there is nothing about my role that would cause a "no read" and I also didn't swap people last Night.

Now given all that interaction there is another thing that concerns me.  When I was first reading the thread I had a big scum read on Cloud...then my opinion changed to a pretty strong town read on him.  Now I'm back to leaning scum.  This makes me think that maybe he isn't mafia but 3rd party?  I think there have been 5 scum deaths so far.. and 6 seems a bit overkill for a 17 player game. 

Ok I can't believe that I have missed this while I was reading your post. First you think me and Wombat were just distancing from each other, and then at the end of your post you think I'm third party? Explain how I could have been distancing from a player who flipped mafia if I have a solo win condition.

Serious reading comprehension fail.  Try re-reading what I stated.  I don't know what your alignment is.  I'm looking for clues.  There are different clues that lead to different results.  I stated thus clearly with the word "maybe."  If you are 3rd party then your interaction with wombat is NOT a clue to your alignment...and I never stated or implied it was. 

Also, so after you thought Hallia was town you swapped with her in case you were targeted with a NK?  lol...that's a pro-town move. 

You were shrouded in a cloud last night..looks like you were attempting to conceal something. 

VOTE CLOUD

Heyey,

Some points-

A) I upgraded fully and am now NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM BABY - though not in his final form, no flashy swords or ridiculous good looks yet. I am a Medium - so if anyone has any messages they would like retreived from the dead, I have a 50% chance of success and am open to ideas of how to use this role - As I wasn't around all that much early on I'm not as in synch with the game so you may have better ideas than me right now.

B) At a risk of sounding like rolefishing, having everyone claim right now would really help me a lot to figure out whats going on in this game :biggrin:

C) The whole black cloud of smoke thing is new, scary, and not so great news for Cloud. Oh, I just found the irony.

My reads are all over the place - VOTE CLOUD to clear the wifom re the black smoke. Liable to change over the next few hours though I will be back before deadline.

Official Vote Count

Berf - 1 (Turin)

Cloud - 3 (Peace, Berf, Hallia)

Not Voting - 4 (Nicana, Cloud, RTE, Dice)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 400 Studs

Day 5 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 20th August - because of the weekend.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130820T00&p0=1320&msg=Day+5+Deadline&csz=1

Morning :) And it's Monday ... so the weekend is over and I officially declare this game ALIVE again. Just over a day and a half to go.

Now given all that interaction there is another thing that concerns me. When I was first reading the thread I had a big scum read on Cloud...then my opinion changed to a pretty strong town read on him. Now I'm back to leaning scum. This makes me think that maybe he isn't mafia but 3rd party? I think there have been 5 scum deaths so far.. and 6 seems a bit overkill for a 17 player game.

Ok I can't believe that I have missed this while I was reading your post. First you think me and Wombat were just distancing from each other, and then at the end of your post you think I'm third party? Explain how I could have been distancing from a player who flipped mafia if I have a solo win condition.

Serious reading comprehension fail. Try re-reading what I stated. I don't know what your alignment is. I'm looking for clues. There are different clues that lead to different results. I stated thus clearly with the word "maybe." If you are 3rd party then your interaction with wombat is NOT a clue to your alignment...and I never stated or implied it was.

Also, so after you thought Hallia was town you swapped with her in case you were targeted with a NK? lol...that's a pro-town move.

You were shrouded in a cloud last night..looks like you were attempting to conceal something.

VOTE CLOUD

Talking about reading comprehension fail.. :rolleyes: I didn't think that Hallia was town when I swapped her during N2 or N3 and I never said that I did. I thought that she was mafia, and only after D4 and the whole thing with Wombat did I get a town read on her.

And so because your reads are all over the place you are going to lynch a townie who has been one of the most active players this game, has revealed everything about his role and play, and has been going after all the dead mafia and gotten Wombat lynched? Yeah... that's really brilliant play dude. I'm positive that when I'm dead you are going to lead town down the cliff with your play.

The black smoke is kinda strange, and it seems to be the best lead we have so far.

Vote Cloud

Instead of focusing on the black smoke that shouldn't even be something negative and shouldn't have anything to do with darkness why don't you guys look over my play so far instead of just listening to Peace who just calls my play around Wombat distancing and doesn't even explain WHY it's distancing.. It's so easy to just stick a label onto something and leave it at that. Not to mention that he is obviously misinterpreting some fital info surrounding my play from the previous Day which is scummy as hell.

Heyey,

Some points-

A) I upgraded fully and am now NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM BABY - though not in his final form, no flashy swords or ridiculous good looks yet. I am a Medium - so if anyone has any messages they would like retreived from the dead, I have a 50% chance of success and am open to ideas of how to use this role - As I wasn't around all that much early on I'm not as in synch with the game so you may have better ideas than me right now.

B) At a risk of sounding like rolefishing, having everyone claim right now would really help me a lot to figure out whats going on in this game :biggrin:

C) The whole black cloud of smoke thing is new, scary, and not so great news for Cloud. Oh, I just found the irony.

My reads are all over the place - VOTE CLOUD to clear the wifom re the black smoke. Liable to change over the next few hours though I will be back before deadline.

If like you said your reads are all over the place, and you aren't in synch with the game, why are you just jumping on my bandwagon? I hope that you have read the entire game and not just skimmed until this page and if you did do you still think I'm mafia based on my whole play this game?? I agree with your idea of mass roleclaiming though because we most likely only need to lynch one anti-town player and then we win.

Really would like to hear from Nicana today with her opinions on the remaining players.

Interesting take on cloud. I don't suppose anyone is going to come out and say they Peruvian powdered cloud right?

I googled Peruvian powder after you mentioned it and I came up with an interesting result:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Peruvian_Instant_Darkness_Powder

"Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder is a magical item imported by Fred and George Weasley and sold by Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. This darkness powder creates darkness when used, allowing the user to escape."

The "cloud of darkness" could very well be just Peruvian Powder and It sounds like a town item to me that allows it's user, or in this case target, to escape so it seems like someone was protecting me. Now it would be grand if everyone would check in today so we can get Rita out in the open and figure out who used this item on me, but before that: 

Vote Peace

Official Vote Count

Berf - 1 (Turin)

Cloud - 2 (Peace, Hallia)

Nicana - 1 (Dice)

Peace - 1 (Cloud)

Not Voting - 3 (Nicana, RTE, Berf)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 500 Studs

Day 5 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 20th August - because of the weekend.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130820T00&p0=1320&msg=Day+5+Deadline&csz=1

Archived