DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

SinisterDeath

They'll probably introduce Coldhands later, but that would've been a great cliffhanger to end the season on.

I think it made sense to use Gendry in that plotline instead of Edric Storm. Not much happens, but at least it's a character you know.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't care much for this episode. There were some good parts but for a season finale it's rather weak. Dany's scene did nothing for me.

Why did they speed Jaime's story along? He only gets back to Kingslanding until after Joffrey dies normally. The scene with the bear would have been a good way to end the season for him I think. They also sped Stannis up a little, but that's not as big a deal. Didn't like how they portrayed him though. He may be an ass and he may cold and distant, but he always does what he believes to be the right thing. They're making it look like he's just doing what Melissandre wants. In fact they're portraying him as ruthless as Tywin. He was far more reluctant in condeming Edric Storm then they're showing in the show with Gendry. He didn't want to believe when he was told Joffrey was dead, and told Melissandre to swear on her life that there was no other way.

finally watched the episode.

idk why you guys have a problem with Stannis's potrayal in the show, for me that scene gave me the same vibe towards Stannis and was about how i recall it.  iirc, Davos stood against Stannis's decission to have the boy killed, Stannis threatened to kill Davos for this, Stannis also had no intention of going North.

then the Red Lady does her fake reading in the fire, telling Stannis that North fo the Wall is where the real fight is; suddenly Stannis agrees that North of the wall diserves most of his focus.  and the Red Lady lords it over Davos in a smug way.

*nods*  yep, pretty much how i recall that scene in the books.

also, i'm paying more attention to how the Red Lady acts int eh show and will be using these tid bits as an insight to her in the books.  and yes, i do mean FAKE reading in the flames.  i dont think she see's crap in the flames personally.  i mean basically thsi is how the last bit went

Red Lady: *reads message from nights watch* "Walkers spotted, wildings fleeing towards the south, dire need of help or will be death of us all!"

Red Lady: *tosses said message into fire*

Red Lady: *looks into said fire* OMG theres a bad enemy up North of the wall that can kill us all.  we haz to go face it or it is teh doom!!  listen to meh, ai r smart voodoo lady!!

smh. 

anyways, onto my recap

overall the episode was good.  i disagree that theres no cliff hanger, as it leaves off with a good point for Bran, as well as for Jamie and Gendry.

Danny - pointless scene was pointless.   this would have been better included in her last scene rather as a breif 2 minutes of mob pit style crowd surfing.  there were better scenes to end the episode on imo ... like with Bran and co 

Bran - his story progression is rather nice.  iirc there up to his plot arc in DwD, which is rather impressive imo.  i agree that including Cold Hands in this woudl have been beneficial.

Sam - pretty on point, excluding the lack of his meeting with Cold Hands.

Theon - and so we have the birth of Reek.  they've progressed his plot rather fast as well; i certiantly have more pity for him on screen than i did in the books.  its one thing for the character to disappear for two books then show up as a broken man with a few flash backs; and an entirely different matter to witness the man being broken.  he still has a fair amount of breaking to go and a few harder "lessons" to learn from Ramsey.

Gendry - what i find interesting is that they're following Edrics story line, but not having him go across the narrow sea, instead hes returning to Kings Landing (where neither characters are in the book).   either way, by the fact that Gendry is staying on Westeros's side of the Narrow Sea just proves that there is nothing to Edrics Story arc

Ramsy - the bastard is alot better fleshed out on TV than in the books.  yes pun was intended :tongue:  he's quickly growing into one of my fav villians *nods*  and he was proud of his status as a Bastard iirc, so him signing the document "Ramsey Snow" fit in with his personality and mentality.

Iron Born - Theons dad is an uptight ass that makes Stannis look likable.  check.   idk why they altered Ahsa's storyline like this though ....  unlike Cersie she's likable in her own right, so theres no need to fabricate scenes to build audience likability imo

Joffery - good scene, i would have preferred more of seeing him put in his place.  imo though, the scene was by far the best of the episode.

Tyrion - good as well; though i dislike how they fabricated Sansa actually growing to like the Imp.  that entire "playful" scene was very out of character for her and didn't fit with her arc at all.  im glad the show is taking the time to set up the evidence agaisnt Tyrion for Joffs death by including that veiled threat.

Tywin - was outstanding character building and telling of back story.   i'm actually going to miss this character and what his interaction in the story does for the surrounding characters.

Cersie & Jamie - wtf is up with speeding his arc up.  he doesn't get to Kingslanding until Joff chokes to death?!

Varys - and wtf is up with this added in nonsense.  seriously  "OMG Tyrion is our savior!!"  i mena, we all know he admired the Imp, enough so to give him the means of escape ...  but going totally FanGirl on Tyrion was just yuck!

Frey's - i liked the expansion of Walder Frey.  the actor does well with the character, truely couldnt have picked a better actor for that role imo

Rob - yeah, i'll admit.  i cried at this scene, just like i did in the books when we saw the aftermath.  i just feel so damned sorry for the direwolves.  they truely got the short end of the stick in this series.

Hound & Ayra - very good scene *nods*

all and all, not the best season ender, but not a bad episode at all as far as plot progression in a smooth and easy fashion.

finally watched the episode.

idk why you guys have a problem with Stannis's potrayal in the show, for me that scene gave me the same vibe towards Stannis and was about how i recall it.  iirc, Davos stood against Stannis's decission to have the boy killed, Stannis threatened to kill Davos for this, Stannis also had no intention of going North.

then the Red Lady does her fake reading in the fire, telling Stannis that North fo the Wall is where the real fight is; suddenly Stannis agrees that North of the wall diserves most of his focus.  and the Red Lady lords it over Davos in a smug way.

also, i'm paying more attention to how the Red Lady acts int eh show and will be using these tid bits as an insight to her in the books.  and yes, i do mean FAKE reading in the flames.  i dont think she see's crap in the flames personally.  i mean basically thsi is how the last bit went

Red Lady: *reads message from nights watch* "Walkers spotted, wildings fleeing towards the south, dire need of help or will be death of us all!"

Red Lady: *tosses said message into fire*

Red Lady: *looks into said fire* OMG theres a bad enemy up North of the wall that can kill us all.  we haz to go face it or it is teh doom!!  listen to meh, ai r smart voodoo lady!!

smh. 

anyways, onto my recap

overall the episode was good.  i disagree that theres no cliff hanger, as it leaves off with a good point for Bran, as well as for Jamie and Gendry.

Danny - pointless scene was pointless.   this would have been better included in her last scene rather as a breif 2 minutes of mob pit style crowd surfing.  there were better scenes to end the episode on imo ... like with Bran and co 

Bran - his story progression is rather nice.  iirc there up to his plot arc in DwD, which is rather impressive imo.  i agree that including Cold Hands in this woudl have been beneficial.

Sam - pretty on point, excluding the lack of his meeting with Cold Hands.

Theon - and so we have the birth of Reek.  they've progressed his plot rather fast as well; i certiantly have more pity for him on screen than i did in the books.  its one thing for the character to disappear for two books then show up as a broken man with a few flash backs; and an entirely different matter to witness the man being broken.  he still has a fair amount of breaking to go and a few harder "lessons" to learn from Ramsey.

Gendry - what i find interesting is that they're following Edrics story line, but not having him go across the narrow sea, instead hes returning to Kings Landing (where neither characters are in the book).   either way, by the fact that Gendry is staying on Westeros's side of the Narrow Sea just proves that there is nothing to Edrics Story arc

Ramsy - the bastard is alot better fleshed out on TV than in the books.  yes pun was intended :tongue:  he's quickly growing into one of my fav villians *nods*  and he was proud of his status as a Bastard iirc, so him signing the document "Ramsey Snow" fit in with his personality and mentality.

Iron Born - Theons dad is an uptight ass that makes Stannis look likable.  check.   idk why they altered Ahsa's storyline like this though ....  unlike Cersie she's likable in her own right, so theres no need to fabricate scenes to build audience likability imo

Joffery - good scene, i would have preferred more of seeing him put in his place.  imo though, the scene was by far the best of the episode.

Tyrion - good as well; though i dislike how they fabricated Sansa actually growing to like the Imp.  that entire "playful" scene was very out of character for her and didn't fit with her arc at all.  im glad the show is taking the time to set up the evidence agaisnt Tyrion for Joffs death by including that veiled threat.

Tywin - was outstanding character building and telling of back story.   i'm actually going to miss this character and what his interaction in the story does for the surrounding characters.

Cersie & Jamie - wtf is up with speeding his arc up.  he doesn't get to Kingslanding until Joff chokes to death?!

Varys - and wtf is up with this added in nonsense.  seriously  "OMG Tyrion is our savior!!"  i mena, we all know he admired the Imp, enough so to give him the means of escape ...  but going totally FanGirl on Tyrion was just yuck!

Frey's - i liked the expansion of Walder Frey.  the actor does well with the character, truely couldnt have picked a better actor for that role imo

Rob - yeah, i'll admit.  i cried at this scene, just like i did in the books when we saw the aftermath.  i just feel so damned sorry for the direwolves.  they truely got the short end of the stick in this series.

Hound & Ayra - very good scene *nods*

all and all, not the best season ender, but not a bad episode at all as far as plot progression in a smooth and easy fashion.

Excellent summary Red ... My sentiments, line by line almost exactly.

Melisandre does see things in the flames. She's a zealot. She really believes Stannis is Azor Ahai. What she sees is often much more vague than she makes it sound, however. She interprets it, and when she thinks she has it right or wants to use it for a specific reason she explains it as if she's certain about it. The letter from the Night's Watch altered her understanding of her visions. We get all of that in her Dance POV. It's also widely believed that she saw the deaths of Robb, Balon, and Joffrey in the flames. She used that knowledge to "demonstrate" the effectiveness of king's blood, which she does believe (and does) have power. It did awaken dragons from "stone" after all, as the prophecies said.

Why did they speed Jaime's story along? He only gets back to Kingslanding until after Joffrey dies normally.

They wanted to conclude that traveling arc, which had been going for one and a half seasons already. It was the end of the season, they wanted to close some things.

In the books, after the Blackwater, he's filled with self doubt. He agonizes about whether to sacrifice Edric Storm. He knows its wrong, but he's desperate. He's desperate for anything that can get him back in the game and give him the opportunity to get what he believes is his, the Iron Throne. He doubts Melisandre actually caused Robbs death or Balon's death. He's doesn't believe 100% in Melisandre but he's cornered an isn't sure if he has another choice.

But then, with the help of Davos, he rediscovers his identity. He's realizes he's the King, whether he has King's Landing or not. And as King, he has his duty. He doesn't wait to get confirmation of Rhllor's power after Joffery dies. No. He goes to the Wall because he is King and its his duty to protect the realm.

It has nothing to do with Rhllor or Melisandre. It has to do with him and his rediscovery of himself and what he lost at the Blackwater. Doing his duty.

And this isn't too much of a stretch, considering one of the most subtle; albeit core themes of ASoIaF is identity. Discovering ones identity, losing ones identity , rediscovery of ones identity. We saw it with Jaime, a man who once had this admirable view of knights and "the system" and then was jaded by how he was treated by Aerys and then later Ned and the whole realm for branding him as dishonorable for the most honorable act he believes he did. We saw it with Arya, as who she was slowly fades away into someone else, desperately trying to hold on to the last thing that makes her Arya Stark. We see it with Jon as he tries to make his own identity as a man of the Night's Watch and not just some bastard. We see it with Sansa, we see it with Tyrion, we see it Dany.

Now, Stannis is going to the Wall because Melissandre told him to go. Stannis can go to the Wall and save it next season, but its tainted and its different now. Stannis' decision to go to the Wall was crucial to his own character growth and sadly, the show took that away from him.

Then I'm not sure if you and I have quite been reading the same series. (And if you were, than you probably would have stopped calling Melisandre "The Red lady", and stopped calling Jaime "Jamie".)

i disagree that theres no cliff hanger, as it leaves off with a good point for Bran, as well as for Jamie and Gendry.

I don't think you quite understand what a cliffhanger is either.

A cliffhanger is a plot device where the story ends in the middle of some kind of Dilemma for dramatic effect, usually to get people hyped for it's sequel or successor, where the Dilemma will be solved.

In other words, it's the exact opposite of "leaving off with a good point", it means that the story is leaving off on an "Oh crap" point, where the viewer has to wait for a sequel (In this case, season 4) to find out what happens next.

For instance, Season 2's ending, with the White walkers moving forward, and Sam in a bit of danger.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the books, if you even mentioned to Ramsay that he was illegitimate, or that his surname was anything other than "Bolton", you'd be in for a good flaying.

Iron Born - Theons dad is an uptight ass that makes Stannis look likable.  check.

Sure, your opinion and all, but what was the point of the whole "Check" thing?

Usually people do that during the critique of something when they are ticking off some kind of imaginary list, comprising of things they predicted to happen. Usually they also mention at least one other thing. You only brought up one point, and it wasn't even that much of a triumph that you predicted it, considering we have already seen Balon in the show. Just a nitpick.

Tyler you have a great way with words and are obviously very bright.

I actually see your interpretation and Red's in regards to the Stannis character development. I don't care for Stannis, and do think he is an asshole and they play him true to part, EXCEPT, as you pointed out earlier that he and Mellisandre's interactions in the TV show.

I also think TV Mellisandre is a bit campy compared to book Mellisandre, which coud account for Red's interpretation of her ...but that is just conjecture. I think Mellisandre has power, I think R'hollor is a force to be reckoned with.

**sidenote ... I was upset originally that Jaiqen Hagar invoked the Red God instead of the God of Many Faces when he RE-meets Arya in Harrenhal ... But I re-read the second book and he does use Red God ... He says Arya saved three from the Red God ... So I felt better about his statement in the show.

I said something similar about Ramsey in one of my prev posts, he would never had signed it Snow.

In the books, after the Blackwater, he's filled with self doubt. He agonizes about whether to sacrifice Edric Storm. He knows its wrong, but he's desperate. He's desperate for anything that can get him back in the game and give him the opportunity to get what he believes is his, the Iron Throne. He doubts Melisandre actually caused Robbs death or Balon's death. He's doesn't believe 100% in Melisandre but he's cornered an isn't sure if he has another choice.

then you interpreted it differently than i did Taylor.  to me Stannis didn't come off with any self doubt abotu the Red Lady, her not being at Black Water pretty much firmed it in his head that he needed to keep her close and he bought the line "if i had been there you woudl have won" from her.

he doens't agonize over Edric being a sacrifical lamb, he's not over joyed about it nor does he like it, but hes resigned to the belief that he needs the Red Lady to win and he's willing to give her whatever she needs to ensure he does win.

he sees it as being for the "Greater Good" and thats exactly how he justifys it.  and from what i recall, he never expressed doubt abotu the Red Lady after Renly and especially not after Black Water.  the only one he expresses doubt in, is the Onion Knight.

But then, with the help of Davos, he rediscovers his identity. He's realizes he's the King, whether he has King's Landing or not. And as King, he has his duty. He doesn't wait to get confirmation of Rhllor's power after Joffery dies. No. He goes to the Wall because he is King and its his duty to protect the realm.

It has nothing to do with Rhllor or Melisandre. It has to do with him and his rediscovery of himself and what he lost at the Blackwater. Doing his duty.

dude, i know yoru a Stannis fanboy, but take off the rose colored glasses for a minute.

he fights Davos at almost every turn and threatens his life many times over Davos speaking agaisnt him and not molly coddling to him or bending to his will like all the others do around him.  in fact, him and Davos get in many shouting matches, and not just over the Wall or Edric; to include Davos considering to leave while he still had his head attached.

Stannis was agaisnt goign to the wall, until the Red Lady told him "dude you gots to go there, its in the flames, its your destiny".  to put it bluntly, if Stannis took a shit, he didn't wipe his ass until the Red lady said to.

And this isn't too much of a stretch, considering one of the most subtle; albeit core themes of ASoIaF is identity. Discovering ones identity, losing ones identity , rediscovery of ones identity. We saw it with Jaime, a man who once had this admirable view of knights and "the system" and then was jaded by how he was treated by Aerys and then later Ned and the whole realm for branding him as dishonorable for the most honorable act he believes he did. We saw it with Arya, as who she was slowly fades away into someone else, desperately trying to hold on to the last thing that makes her Arya Stark. We see it with Jon as he tries to make his own identity as a man of the Night's Watch and not just some bastard. We see it with Sansa, we see it with Tyrion, we see it Dany.

agreed abotu the theme.  but Stannis has yet to "rediscover" himself as he's still letting his actions be dictated by the Red Lady.  and i disagree abotu seeing it with Sansa.  i believe we're abotu to see her finally grow up and pull her head out of her ass, but we haven't truely seen her go beyond having her hair in braids (as the Aiel woudl say) stage yet

Now, Stannis is going to the Wall because Melissandre told him to go. Stannis can go to the Wall and save it next season, but its tainted and its different now. Stannis' decision to go to the Wall was crucial to his own character growth and sadly, the show took that away from him.

and again, thats your interpretaiton of the events, which is not how i read it. 

Then I'm not sure if you and I have quite been reading the same series. (And if you were, than you probably would have stopped calling Melisandre "The Red lady", and stopped calling Jaime "Jamie".)

i have nick names for characters, get over it.  i can't spell the chicks name, and every knows who i mean by Red Lady, as shes always decked out in red and has hair more flaming than my own.  the nick name fits and was used in the books when she first came.

and as most peope with the name Jamie spell it that way, thats the way i spell it. just because you dont have cool nick names for characters, like calling Breinne Berny or Yiggite Yogi, doesn't mean you have to hate and go argo and insulting me by flame baiting with the accusation of not having read the series.

I don't think you quite understand what a cliffhanger is either.

and i dont think you know the words "my opinion" or "my interpretation" mean either *shrugs*

A cliffhanger is a plot device where the story ends in the middle of some kind of Dilemma for dramatic effect, usually to get people hyped for it's sequel or successor, where the Dilemma will be solved.

and an interpretation or opinon is where someone states how they interpreted events and what their opinion has; which usually differes from other people opinions and interpretations as these are dependent on perception and everyone precieves things in a different way.

In other words, it's the exact opposite of "leaving off with a good point", it means that the story is leaving off on an "Oh crap" point, where the viewer has to wait for a sequel (In this case, season 4) to find out what happens next.

in other words, just because soemones interpretation or opinion doesn't agree with yours, doesn't make them wrong or you wrong.  all it is, is a result of a difference of opinions.  whcih happens, especially with interpreting fictional characters and the fabricated events that happen to said characters.

For instance, Season 2's ending, with the White walkers moving forward, and Sam in a bit of danger.

so Bran and Co heading into the wilding terriotory where we know an army of dead is at and a wilding army is heading directly in that direction ...  show watchers dont have to wait to see if Bran doesn't get killed or taken hostage next season?

so Jon showing up half dead and dilerious at castle black, viewers dont have to wait until next season to see if he lives?

these may not be as good of cliff hangers as previous seasons, but they still fit the exact defanition that you just outlined.   aside from the overall cliffhanger over the entire show which is "who will sit the iron throne once the war is over".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the books, if you even mentioned to Ramsay that he was illegitimate, or that his surname was anything other than "Bolton", you'd be in for a good flaying.

being personally okay and accepting your place (even cracking jokes abotu it) is much different than others doing it.

for instance.  its okay for an over weight person to crack jokes abotu their own weight; but its offensive and even hurtful/angering for others to crack jokes. 

same thing here.

Sure, your opinion and all, but what was the point of the whole "Check" thing?

Usually people do that during the critique of something when they are ticking off some kind of imaginary list, comprising of things they predicted to happen. Usually they also mention at least one other thing. You only brought up one point, and it wasn't even that much of a triumph that you predicted it, considering we have already seen Balon in the show. Just a nitpick.

tbh, your entire post was "just a nit pick" over my interpretation of events.  you dont agree with that, i get it.  but its you tryign to assert your opinon over mine that has my panties in a twist over this.  unless your GRRM, your opinion is just that, an opinion.  not the ruling authority on how to interpret the series and its characters.  and if you are GRRM, i'm politely requesting that you stop dicking around on an internet fan site of a competing series and get back to writing the 6th book so i have something decent to read in the next year  :smile:

first off, i didn't predict anything.  second off, the way you describe me using the Check is how i used it ol sardonic one.  3rd, no one said we hadn't seen Balon before, 4th check lists can have one item on them if thats all your have on your list.

in the books, Balon is a straight up hard ass that, imo, is only there to show that there are characters who are more unlikable and more of a hardass than Stannis.  his character in itself serves nothing for the plot until his death.  there for, the expectation i had of his character was met. so yes, check (ie: good potrayal, met expectation, ect)

dude, i know yoru a Stannis fanboy, but take off the rose colored glasses for a minute.

he fights Davos at almost every turn and threatens his life many times over Davos speaking agaisnt him and not molly coddling to him or bending to his will like all the others do around him.  in fact, him and Davos get in many shouting matches, and not just over the Wall or Edric; to include Davos considering to leave while he still had his head attached.

It's stated numerous times that Stannis respects Davos. He likes that he stands up to him and speaks honestly instead of acting like a sycophant. Stannis is like the Saldaen's of WoT, he likes to shout and argue, but if he's shouting and arguing with you it means he respects you. It's when he gets silent and cold and doesn't respond that you need to watch yourself.

Whitehead was actually half expecting the Hound to be critically injured in the season finale, perhaps as a result of his battle with the Freys. As for Arya going to Braavos, Garcia says many people believe we won't see this happen at all. Instead, "she'll run into Jaqen in Westeros and basically become his padawan learner. This cuts the need of a new exotic foreign location, and they could have her interacting with familiar characters who don't know she's Arya."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

do not want!!

hmmm  there was a question brought up about how Season 5 might end.  imo, recalling material left to cover.  a good point to use as an ending scene in the Season 5 finale woudl be the bit at the slavers pit in Mereen and the Dragons with Danny.  just a thought *nods*

as for thoguths on season 4.  i agree, having the Purple Wedding episode 2 is ideal; i dont think they should drag the arc in Kings Landing any further than episode 9 though.  this show has a repuration of having the jarring unexpected climantic event (Tywins & Shaes deaths in this case) in the 9th episode, and leavign the 10th episode for damage control and resolution to a point.  which would leave the Drgon Fire in the Tower of the Hand scene for a good endign point of the Kings Landing arc adn establishing where Tryion is going and at most showing him get to Pentos but nothing more *nods*

if Martin is writing episode 2 of next season, then imo we'll see 3 important deaths to the plot

- Joffery

- Hound

- Yogi

which helps keep the current momentum going that they established thsi season.

I think of all the ideas we throw around, the "Arya won't go to Braavos," thing is the one that's least likely to happen. She will go. There's been way too much set-up for it. I do think we might see Jaqen again sooner rather than later (I think he'll be the Faceless Man who kills Balon before heading to Oldtown), but Arya will be off to Braavos, I think maybe halfway through Season 4 (though Elio thinks it's more likely to be at the end of the season).

I actually like that they added the scene with Dany at the very end. I think it'll be very important for her character arch in the next season. You'll ground it firmly now; her realization of the power she has, of the people she can save, the faiths she can change... And that only where she is. It makes it believable that she get's so absorbed by the people, right there and then, and her desire to help them, so she keeps putting off going to Westeros. Considering how her arch goes, I think it was a very good scene to start establishing that.

Was thinking about how they are going to resolve the shae dilemma. What about if she was tywins spy all along. This would be a good reason for turning down all the money yet still betraying tyrion.

they knew when writing the series that tyrion would kill her so i can't see them changing it on a whim as it's massive for tyrions story.

then you interpreted it differently than i did Taylor.

You know full and well what my name is, Red.

the only one he expresses doubt in, is the Onion Knight.

...And, you know, every single human being he comes into contact with. (I'll get to that later). The thing is, while Stannis certainly doesn't like everything Davos has to say, he at least respects him a lot to some degree, whether you disagree or not. But I'm not getting that from the show.

dude, i know yoru a Stannis fanboy, but take off the rose colored glasses for a minute

I'm not a Stannis fanboy. Reason being that I very well know Stannis has issues. More issues than most characters who the general consensus agree to liking, I'd say. His flaws include being very untrustworthy of pretty much everyone, and how he sees the world in even more black and white than you do about his character, somehow.

And sure, you could go on about how much of an asshat he is, like everyone else does, but in my opinion, it's pretty warranted. He's been an overshadowed, orphaned middle child for as long as he can remember, he was forced to either serve his mad king, or asshole elder brother, he spent an entire war besieged in his castle, starving, being saved only by a smuggler's kindness. Then he was only liberated as an afterthought by his new king brother. He was then blamed for all his brother's failures, despite not being responsible for them, and all his accomplishment from the war being forgotten.

He was then kicked out of the home which he nearly starved to death for, which was then given to his less-experienced younger brother, thus making him live in lesser lordship in the ruins of the Targaryens' island home, exiled from the rest of the world, to remind him of his failure. I'll also remind you that he was forced to marry a dimwitted ugly woman with a mustache, who gave him no extra political advantage, and bore him no children other than a very sickly daughter. He also got very despised in-universe for not playing the game (Which he knows will eventually mean his death) and then forced to flee King's landing because he found out the incestuous truth about Robert's "Children", while he knew that Robert would never believe him, and probably kill him over it.

And yet, despite all this, he still manages to not be a straight-up villain, and is determined to save the realm which treated him like ass from the greatest threat of all.

But going back to your original statement, no, I am not a Stannis fanboy. I just hate it when characters who I like get wrongly depicted by people who don't understand their character at all. If it were any other character who I liked, I'd be doing the same thing.

See: Agitel's post.

i have nick names for characters, get over it.

Sure, whatever you say. It's just pretty curious that the same mistake is made only be people who only watched the show, 'tis all.

like calling Breinne Berny or Yiggite Yogi, doesn't mean you have to hate and go argo and insulting me by flame baiting with the accusation of not having read the series.

I'm not claiming you didn't read the series because you apparently have nicknames for the characters, I'm claiming that you didn't read the series because you show minimal understanding of several character's deeper aspects, and only show an interest in the things the characters do without putting much care into why they are doing them. You even forget pretty significant plot points, like Davos rescuing Edric Storm ect, and even when you are reminded that it happened, you furiously deny it so, instead of just going "Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me" like anyone else would.

Speaking of which, despite your obvious criticism of the wiki, you really aren't displaying yourself as anything other than someone who read one of the Wikis, and then claims to be an expert on the series because of it.

and i dont think you know the words "my opinion" or "my interpretation" mean either *shrugs*

Oh dear. So you're one of those entirely subjectivism nuts, right? Well let me put it this way:

If someone impales you in the belly with a knife, it's false to say "No, I wasn't just stabbed in the belly, you're just close-minded and don't respect my opinion!"

If you build a shed out of brittle wood, it's false to say "No, I made this shed out of pure steel! You're just being close-minded and don't respect my opinion!"

If you mistake a story leaving off on a good note as a cliffhanger, it's false to say "No, I was right about it being a cliff hanger, you're just being close minded and don't respect my opinion!"

I wasn't even arguing over whether or not it was or wasn't a cliffhanger, I was pointing out that you do not understand what a cliffhanger is.

being personally okay and accepting your place (even cracking jokes abotu it) is much different than others doing it.

for instance.  its okay for an over weight person to crack jokes abotu their own weight; but its offensive and even hurtful/angering for others to crack jokes.

Regardless, Ramsay admitting to somebody that he barely knows that he is a bastard is incredibly unrealistic for him. Of all the things he takes pride in, being born illegitimate isn't one of them.

but its you tryign to assert your opinon over mine that has my panties in a twist over this.

Implying you aren't behaving any differently over this.

and if you are GRRM, i'm politely requesting that you stop dicking around on an internet fan site of a competing series and get back to writing the 6th book so i have something decent to read in the next year

...Welp. You found me out. I am George R.R. Martin, guilty as charged. You got me. But you know what? For misinterpreting events in my book, and treating me with nothing but disrespect, I think I'll take a break from writing TWoW for another few years...

See ya in five years, I'm off on vacation!

that, imo, is only there to show that there are characters who are more unlikable and more of a hardass than Stannis.

Believe it or not Stannis does have a reasonably-sized fanbase, so I wouldn't say he is that unlikable.

Getting a face full of dragonfire would tend to kill people, I would think. 

I think Arya will go to Braavos because he gave her the coin and told her the secret "password", for lack of a better word. It would be pointless to have done so otherwise.

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but...

I'm currently rereading SoIaF and have just started CoK.  In the scene where the Walder Freys (in Winterfell) are playing Lord of the Crossing there's a reference to the 'mayhaps' that somebody else picked up on, but also the phrase 'shrieking red murder'  I'm pretty sure the standard phrase is blue murder. 

Anyway, I've not noticed it before, so thought I'd share.

Archived