A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

SinisterDeath

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A collection of Twitter posts I found amusing:

Goku ‏@Goku

This episode of #GameOfThrones would make any Saiyan transform into a Super Saiyan. I haven’t been this upset since Frieza killed Krillin!

Carter Bays ‏@CarterBays

This is awkward. We had a very similar thing planned for Barney and Robin's wedding. #gameofthrones #HIMYM

The Morning After ‏@TMAonHulu

We didn't even realize Bran's younger brother knew how to speak. #gameofthrones

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy

We totally almost went with that same ending for "Canterlot Wedding" but decided it was a wee bit too dark #gameofthrones #MLPFIM

8wVcZxNAxEEl.jpg

*looks at Tylers post*

OMFG people, will you just pick up a book and read the damned series.  Reading is a good thing.    i mean you seriously coudln't have expected Frey not to react to Rob taking his oath and whiping his arse with it, and then havign the nerve to show up?!  do you not recall what Cat said in season 1 about how prickly Freys honor was when it came to oaths.

twits  <_<  >_>  *sighs*

one word sums up last nights episode for me.  anti-climatic *shurgs*  and really HBO. gfy.  we get some crappy jokey carnival carisole wheel music when Jamie loses his hand and dead silence for this scene.  GFYs!!!!

Bran - scene was somewhat how i recalled it.  why was Shaggydog cream colored o.0   Ghost is the only light colored direwolf  <_<  my reactionto Rickon "holy crap talk about a growth spurt" and "it speaks!"

Jon - not like i recalled, but the additions were good until the end.  i dont recall him taking off like that, nor them running the that old guy down.

Sam - why exactly was this scene included??

Red Wedding -

first off, just want to say  <3 the potrayal of Walder Frey.  Filch does such a good job capturing the character, and though i dont much like the chracter i love what the actor does with him.  imo, he does a better job with the character than Martin did in the books :laugh:

i also dont recall Robb bringing his wife with him, i thought Catlyn had talked him into leaving her with the Tullys to keep from adding insult to injury from him breaking his oath.

i was hoping to see the bedding scene.  i'm actually rather surprised with HBO.  one time there is legit skin and boobs and HBO opts to not show it :laugh:

Cat's death made me laugh ...  it was just jokey.  "NOOO" *gets throat slit*  idk, but it made me laugh.  it coulda been handled better.

i teared up for Grey Wind, iirc he ended up comming intot he wedding feast and getting killed there, not gunned down in some stall like a common mutt.

I didn't recall Ayra witnessing that, nd if thats true i get why HBO did it that way.

all in all, the entire episode was anti-climatic to me.  it just didn't live up to the hype; atleast not in terms of the Battle of Blackwater.  i think Cat's jokey death ruined it for me.  the wedding itself was brutal though, the multiple stabs int he gut for robs wife made me cringe and Robs reaction gave me shivers.  the bit with  "the Lannisters send their regaurds" and then stab in the gut was perfect. 

all in all though Walder Frey stole the show this episode.  that old cogger had me laughing in multiple spots.

Walder Frey shall sit on the throne!!  feasting on Dragon roast whiel the entire world burns ... and then he'll choke on a bone

I'm pretty sure that wasn't "Filch" as Walder Frey. What happened with Jon and Bran was pretty close to how it went down in the books. Instead of chasing a horse breeder to an abandoned town, they found a man taking shelter in one. Ygritte didn't leap to Jon's defense like she did in the show (only to be abandoned by him as he fled back towards the wall). Jon DID take off like that, though, and the wildlings shot after him. Jon took one of Ygritte's arrows to the leg while fleeing. Bran and crew were sheltering in a holdfast in the middle of a lake, not in an abandoned windmill, and Bran didn't warg into Hodor until they got to the Nightfort. But all in all, it was really close.

And Shaggydog was black in the show. The lighter one was Summer, and he wasn't cream colored, he was kind of a light tannish color, whereas Ghost is an albino. As for Cat's "NO!" I felt the same way at first. Not that I laughed or thought it was funny, but I wasn't quite sure if it fit or that it was appropriately directed. I feel a bit better about it after re-watching the sequence. Her shout was just pure agony, and I give her actress props for her performance in that whole scene. I find I need to rewatch big episodes like this, because on my first watch I'm always comparing to the books even when I try not to. On the second watch I already know the differences and can just sit back and appreciate (or not appreciate) the episode on its own merits.

Jeyne (it rhymes with pain!) Westerling (or should I say Stark?) didn't go to the wedding in the books. Robb and Cat made her stay so as not to further insult Lord Frey. However, I think this basically confirms that Jeyne's character is not going to be relevant in the future of the books, and so keeping the actress around wouldn't work, and this gives us an opportunity for a dramatic send off for her character and more horror at the wedding. I've heard some people complaining about how this spoils the mystery of whether or not she's pregnant, which I really don't get, because it's pretty obviously implied in Feast (maybe Dance) that Jeyne's mother had been giving her moon tea every morning. Maybe not obvious, at least not until on a reread. Jeyne tells Cat that her mother's giving her some type of tea to enhance her fertility, but her mother tells Jaime after Jaime takes Riverrun she's 100% sure Jeyne's not pregnant and that she made sure it wouldn't happen, implying that it was moon tea she had been giving her the whole time.

I really laughed out loud. Geez... My wife picked up the books after the first season... I introduced it all to her. We were literally sitting next to each other when she read that sequence. I was all bruised up after she threw a fit... lol. "I HATE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM" We just sat in silence as the credits rolled last night. 

I wonder how many people will quit now? We don't get the Purple Wedding, or Tywin, or Lysa/Petyr/Sansa, or Tyrion and Oberyn and the Mountain, or Jaime returning, or anything else like that until next season. Ending on the lowest point of the entire series without throwing us any type of other awesome uplifter just doesn't seem to bode well for the show. I hope I'm wrong.

Walder Frey is indeed played by the same actor who played Argus Filch.

I just confirmed that, you're right. I knew it was in the first season. He looked and sounded different last night, though. Cool.

There weren't enough "heh"s though. I don't think there was even one.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't "Filch" as Walder Frey. What happened with Jon and Bran was pretty close to how it went down in the books. Instead of chasing a horse breeder to an abandoned town, they found a man taking shelter in one. Ygritte didn't leap to Jon's defense like she did in the show (only to be abandoned by him as he fled back towards the wall). Jon DID take off like that, though, and the wildlings shot after him. Jon took one of Ygritte's arrows to the leg while fleeing. Bran and crew were sheltering in a holdfast in the middle of a lake, not in an abandoned windmill, and Bran didn't warg into Hodor until they got to the Nightfort. But all in all, it was really close.

And Shaggydog was black in the show. The lighter one was Summer, and he wasn't cream colored, he was kind of a light tannish color, whereas Ghost is an albino. As for Cat's "NO!" I felt the same way at first. Not that I laughed or thought it was funny, but I wasn't quite sure if it fit or that it was appropriately directed. I feel a bit better about it after re-watching the sequence. Her shout was just pure agony, and I give her actress props for her performance in that whole scene. I find I need to rewatch big episodes like this, because on my first watch I'm always comparing to the books even when I try not to. On the second watch I already know the differences and can just sit back and appreciate (or not appreciate) the episode on its own merits.

Jeyne (it rhymes with pain!) Westerling (or should I say Stark?) didn't go to the wedding in the books. Robb and Cat made her stay so as not to further insult Lord Frey. However, I think this basically confirms that Jeyne's character is not going to be relevant in the future of the books, and so keeping the actress around wouldn't work, and this gives us an opportunity for a dramatic send off for her character and more horror at the wedding. I've heard some people complaining about how this spoils the mystery of whether or not she's pregnant, which I really don't get, because it's pretty obviously implied in Feast (maybe Dance) that Jeyne's mother had been giving her moon tea every morning. Maybe not obvious, at least not until on a reread. Jeyne tells Cat that her mother's giving her some type of tea to enhance her fertility, but her mother tells Jaime after Jaime takes Riverrun she's 100% sure Jeyne's not pregnant and that she made sure it wouldn't happen, implying that it was moon tea she had been giving her the whole time.

1st - 110% sure its the same actor

/ HP nerdism

2nd - tan and cream are the same coloration in terms of dogs.

/ having been a dog groomer for 5 years

regaurdless of Ghost being albino and Summer being cream in the show; in the book its remarked that Ghost is the only light colored Dire Wolf pup found.  in previous episodes with Summer, he's been dark in color.

3rd - then my complaint about Robs wife being at the wedding is the same as the complaint i have with Gendry.  i take great complaint with a show changing character plots on screen to fit their needs while a character remains alive in the series.  you can't tell after that, if it influences an author to deviate from the original plot line in their story, or if it will cause the show to cut out the authors creativity with that character.

*cough*harrypotter*cough*

thats the one huge downside to havigna series made into a show/movie, before the author completes it.

Anyway, am I the only one who noticed the fact that as soon as they named their baby after Sean Bean, it immediately dies afterwards, before it's even born.

I bet that was intentional.

Archived