DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

SinisterDeath

Again I'm not trying to dog on Tyrion or justify anything Tywin has ever done I'm simply stating the fact that no matter how you judge him Tyrion is a murderer. You're right to say that by his society he was already a murderer so really what we are doing is judging him by our standards SD. Given that though I think it only strengthens my case. This was not some war torn landscape or far off land it was in the heart of the capital and whether or not Tywin deserved to die for being a tyrant Shae did not. That was murder.

And I am not comparing Tyrion to other characters. That was not my purpose. Whether he's "better or worse" than anyone else is for us all to decide individually.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Again I'm not trying to dog on Tyrion or justify anything Tywin has ever done I'm simply stating the fact that no matter how you judge him Tyrion is a murderer. You're right to say that by his society he was already a murderer so really what we are doing is judging him by our standards SD. Given that though I think it only strengthens my case. This was not some war torn landscape or far off land it was in the heart of the capital and whether or not Tywin deserved to die for being a tyrant Shae did not. That was murder.

And I am not comparing Tyrion to other characters. That was not my purpose. Whether he's "better or worse" than anyone else is for us all to decide individually.

I can agree to that. Though, by our standards Shae's fate goes towards the crime of passion. :wink: (honestly, I forgot about that tidbit. But, given what his father did to him, with his past wives? And shae's apparent betrayal? I can totally understand why he did it.

actually, by the defanition and the circumstances; both Tywim and Sheas deaths are "crimes of passion" because that encompasses killing both the partner and partners lover so long as theres no time between the deaths that allows for premeditation. 

Tyrion is not a cold blooded murderer.    even by the clear defanition of the word; cold blooded murder indicates "without compunction or human feeling".  are you really trying to argue that Tyrion and Shaes death's weren't emotionally driven?

Murder falls under "crime of passion" so regardless of details Tyrion is still a murderer.

If Tyrion were to be tried in court I think he'd be facing execution and would be damn lucky to be let off with life in prison without the possibility of parole.

In our world terms he killed the VP. "Crime of passion" or not no one is going to let him slide for that.

Actually, he told Jamie that he killed Joffrey too. When Jamie asked him, Tyrion replied, "Yes, I killed your monster of a son."

He was lying. And telling Jaime something to make him want to distance himself from his monster of a brother.

He was being truthful about Cerci's affairs though, she did sleep with Kettleback and Lancel, I just assumed he was truthful about Joffrey too. I certainly don't remember any Tyrion pov where he stated he was lying anyway.

He was lying about killing the brat. Remember who gave Sansa the Circlet thing? (on her head)

Lady Olenna Tyrell killed him.  its the reason I love her character so much :happy:

Joff choked on one of the purple stones from Sansa's hair net, Olenna messed with Sansa's hair net just as the feast started and was at Joffs side when he choked to death.  iirc, she slipped the stone in his cup of wine, ironically the chalice he was drinking from was a gift from Loras.

I believe Tyrion reveals this fact in reflection later on while awaiting trial

From Westeros.org: 

During his wedding feast, Joffrey's wine was poisoned and he died on the first day of the 3rd Century since Aegon's Landing while the entire court looked on.[2] Cersei blamed the deed on Tyrion and Sansa, but it is later revealed that the plot was orchestrated by Olenna Redwyne and Littlefinger. He was buried in the Great Sept of Baelor.[17]

I didn't realize Littlefinger had a hand in it, but recalled Olenna being confirmed in the book via Tyrions pov

as i'm in a re-read, i'll be able to say for sure and quote what page when I get to that book.  likely in a few months after the show is off air

I think it was Littlefinger shortly after the rescue of Sansa who said that the Kettleblack's prescence in King's Landing was because he was paying them more than Cersei, and it was with their help and Lady Olenna that they were able to orchestrate the murder of Joffrey.

I was pretty disappointed in that episode to be honest.

I can see that they're setting up for the finale but all in all nothing new really happened this episode except for Arya's capture and Jaime's release.

Speaking of which the fight with the bear was a lot less epic than I was expecting it to be.

Best part about the episode IMO was the fact that they were playing the Rains of Castamere at the end there.

Also what are they doing with Gendry? I'm really confused about where his storyline is going.

oh goodness Ishy, sorry to hear about that.  but one should knock the munchkins out with nightquill when this show is on :laugh:

actually Nol, i found this episode to be good; especially for what it was, setting up plot arcs.  it masterfully moved the show onwards and set into motion the exact events we are all anticipating. so much so, that only the action is left after this episode.  these last three are goign to fly by and leave us cryign for more; arguable likely the best in the entire series, which is a hard bar to surpass imo

did anyone notice at the beginning it said "written for TV by George RR Martin"   we used the DVR to rewind the live episode just to make sure.  anyways onto the weekly synopsis without spoiler tags *yay*

Gendry - i was suprised and anxious to see Martin touch on this altered arc.  makes me more convinced this is a spoiler for us book readers, and will mak me pay more attention to Gendry's arc on my re-read.  also, knowing that in the books Gendry is still alive, it kinda takes away the suspense of wondering if she will kill him.   still, i'll be slightly upset if he does die in the show, as thats ruining his future arc in the books for me.

Danny - now see, THIS is the Dnany i love.  shes a BAMF.  and the dragons were perfect.  this scene was among the best in the episode and i can't wait for the sacking of the city part, especially to watch the guy the goes up and takes a shit in front of their gates.  cause that part of the book was epically hilarious.

Sansa - i was rather hoping we'd get Tyrion and her's wedding this episode, i feel their un-needingly dragging it out.  the talk between her and Margery, where Sansa is whining, could have been skipped imo; though i'm glad the scene between Tyrion and Shae was included.

Ayra - can't agree with speeding up her arc as it feels forced, but i guess i can understand it via show constraints.  its about time she got kidnapped though, i kept wondering when that was gogin to happen.

Jon - so we go for an over use of "You know nothing Jon Snow" in the books, to an under use of it in the show.  i was glad to finally hear Yogi say this catch phrase more than once in an episode.  i jokingly told bubba we shoudl do shots every time she says it, seeing as Martin wrote the episode :laugh:  alas, poor star crossed lovers, we knew them well *sheds a tear for the up comming events*

Robb - whats funny abotu this scene is that as they're scene came on i asked Bubba "did the Freys kill Robbs wife?  what if shes preggo."  and poof "Hey Robb i'm preggo!"  lmao.  still i dont recall the Frey killing her, so maybe this baby of Robbs will play in at some point in the future *grins*

Jamie - this scene was not as i recalled, but it was done well.   i thought i recalled Jamie killing the Bear, or throwing the Goat into the pit ....  the "OMG you came back to rescue me, i'm your #1 fan" look from Berny was great  <3

Reek - was perfect, though i dont recall Ramsey castrating him.  afterall Reek warms up Ramsey's girls for him *nods*  bubba said "theons having a hallucination" and i said "nah its just Ramsey mucking with him"  *nods*

i had a look back at Storm, too look up who killed Joff to make sure what i recalled was correct ...  did you guys realize that the show is actually only half way through book content right now.   did they split this book into two seasons?   even after Joff chokes, we've still got a good 3rd of material to cover book wise ....

really i wish they'd just mak the season longer.  go 12 epis instead of 10 *nods

That was an awkward moment for me. As that scene was occuring, my daughter woke up and decided she needed to come into the room and ask for some water. And I couldn't find the remote. She's eight.

Led to some uncomfortable questions.

you need the clapper....

Also what are they doing with Gendry? I'm really confused about where his storyline is going.

They're replacing Edric Storm with him, since it's more efficient to use an already established character (who just happens to be Robert's bastard) instead of introducing a new one specifically for this purpose.

Sansa - i was rather hoping we'd get Tyrion and her's wedding this episode, i feel their un-needingly dragging it out.  the talk between her and Margery, where Sansa is whining, could have been skipped imo; though i'm glad the scene between Tyrion and Shae was included.

I couldn't agree more.

Robb - whats funny abotu this scene is that as they're scene came on i asked Bubba "did the Freys kill Robbs wife?  what if shes preggo."  and poof "Hey Robb i'm preggo!"  lmao.  still i dont recall the Frey killing her, so maybe this baby of Robbs will play in at some point in the future *grins*

There's a theory going around that Catelyn will be the one who kills Talisa,

This will either be during the Red Wedding itself, during the part where she originally kills Jinglebell (Because I doubt HBO has the balls to show mentally handicapped person being killed in cold blood) Or afterwards, when Catelyn is the Hang-woman. (I refuse to call her Lady Stoneheart, because that is a stupid name.)

But the irony of it is that she will kill the woman carrying her only grandchild. Groovy stuff, if you ask me.

Reek - was perfect, though i dont recall Ramsey castrating him.

The books hinted at it, but kept it subtle.

did you guys realize that the show is actually only half way through book content right now.   did they split this book into two seasons?

...Yes, ASoS is being split into two seasons. They confirmed this months and months ago. (You've ONLY JUST noticed this?)

Archived