DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

SinisterDeath

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the preview, looks like Ep 10 will be mostly Danny taking the city, Arya parting from the Hound, and Jon/Ygritte. I guess our favorite Joffry scene will be the climax of Season 4?

No, that will have to be near the beginning. There's so much in the aftermath of it that needs to get done next season.

I agree with sam

or married the now widower robb to another daighter

I'd like to see you all take a bolt to the shoulder and through the leg and then bleed for a few minutes and watch and go hysterical as your first and now last (to her mind) son is being killed and then pull a man across a medieval feasting table that's on an elevated platform.

Did it yesterday piece of piss.

Good episode, bring on Jeoffries wedding. They're going to have to change the name of the series to 3 weddings and a slaughter.

From the preview, looks like Ep 10 will be mostly Danny taking the city, Arya parting from the Hound, and Jon/Ygritte. I guess our favorite Joffry scene will be the climax of Season 4?

I think they should end it with Cat being revived by the river by Baeric.

I think they should end it with Cat being revived by the river by Baeric.

Good call MA.

The Frey's claimed in Book 4 I think that the Northmen and Robb were Wargs and he changed into a wolf and the killing commenced.

It is a lie. The know it is a lie. They know they broke guest right. They don't care.

That is the point I was trying to make. They're not trying to explain to themselves why they violated the custom ... They're trying to cover it up for others. They knew what they were getting into.

I would also argue on the efficacy of Rh'ollor ...because while Robb was screwed on some level when he Wed a non-Frey ... His death wasnt necessarily imminent. I don't think Mellisandre herself deserves credit beacuse she didn't plan anything ...but she invoked the Red God ... And of all the gods in Westeros, he seems the most actively involved repeatedly. :)

What will they do with Arya? Good seasons end would be for her to get on the boat to Bravos, but that means fitting in quite a bit with the hound. At least it will give us a whole season of ninja training next year.

Or would that be moving too fast seeing as we will have her ninja training for the next 2.5 books (probably 4 seasons)?

What will they do with Arya? Good seasons end would be for her to get on the boat to Bravos, but that means fitting in quite a bit with the hound. At least it will give us a whole season of ninja training next year.

Or would that be moving too fast seeing as we will have her ninja training for the next 2.5 books (probably 4 seasons)?

If I had my way, I'd have ended this season at the end of Joffrey's wedding with a whole lot of cliffhangers. The RW would have been in episode eight, the PW in episode ten. Maybe have eleven episodes in the season instead (but still end on the PW cliffhanger).

Joffrey dead, Sansa fled, Tyrion arrested, Arya getting on a boat to Braavos, Wildling raiders attack the wall from the south, Bran gets north of the Wall and meets Coldhands, Dany still ends with freeing the slaves in Yunkai. I feel like so many arcs meet a more appropriate end to their arc this way. Then in season four they can not only finish up ASoS but cover some plot elements from Dance and Feast. I even think a few plots like Arianne's plot and the Ironborn Kingsmoot could be moved up in the timeline, so we get introduced to them early in season four. Then I'd wrap up Feast and Dance in the fifth season. While I'm not one of the naysayers over Feast and Dance (in fact I quite enjoyed them), I don't think it would be wise to stretch them out beyond a fifth season.

I think red mentioned earlier in the thread she didn't think theon was castrated in the books. He was.

when the bastard asked him to warm up the girl, theon said that he couldn't, the bastard told him to use his mouth.

lmfao Sam.

see my thougths on the Red Lady and why i dont think she diserves credit is different than your lots.

you guys take for granted that hes not an imposter.  me, i think the bitch is evil and is a villan luirking in the shadows pretending to serve the Lord of the Light when in reality shes an agent of the Dark Lord.

hence, majority of the stuff she does is tom foolery.  look ar the doppleganger she produced.  it was made of shadow.  given the fears that religion has about shadows and darkness, why woudl she birth a creature made of shadow to do work in the name of her God, when shadow is her Gods nemisis.

hence, majority of the stuff she does is tom foolery.  look ar the doppleganger she produced.  it was made of shadow.  given the fears that religion has about shadows and darkness, why woudl she birth a creature made of shadow to do work in the name of her God, when shadow is her Gods nemisis.

I think it's the darker side of her magic, but as she said, there can be no shadows without light, thus shadows are a tool of light.

As an aside about her character, some people think she's undead herself (kind of like Beric) and is maintaining a youthful appearance in a glamour.

And completely separate, I just had the most terrible thought that Tyrion won't kill Shae in the show and she'll go across the Narrow Sea with him and function as a version of Penny (fulfilling the same role as helping Tyrion heal). It would make sense from a TV perspective, but I'd still hate it.

lmfao Sam.

see my thougths on the Red Lady and why i dont think she diserves credit is different than your lots.

you guys take for granted that hes not an imposter.  me, i think the bitch is evil and is a villan luirking in the shadows pretending to serve the Lord of the Light when in reality shes an agent of the Dark Lord.

I agree with the majority of this, but I don't think the spells being effective and her being an agent of the light are mutually exclusive.

Or is she a representation of misguided fanaticism? When you think that god is more important than morals? She thinks she's doing her gods work so that excuses her methods.

Good point and again ... Not necessarily mutually exclusive ...

Archived