DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok David... Now im in agreement with Des about you being the scummiest cop I have ever bloody seen.

You are hopping around more than a bunch of grasshoppers my goodness.

Lily im not trying to get rid of the vig team im trying to get rid of a person I think is scum. Did I say anything about getting rid of Wombat to? Nope. How is lynching one person getting rid of an entire team?

Wombat whats wrong with me saying I dont trust you while not mentioning Lily? Am I not allowed to suspect someone who was viewed in a game filled with Mafia Bosses and Recruiters?

Been saying that since... the game started.

Anyhow, can somebody please recap these trains? 149 pages is too much.

Ok David... Now im in agreement with Des about you being the scummiest cop I have ever bloody seen.

You are hopping around more than a bunch of grasshoppers my goodness.

Lily im not trying to get rid of the vig team im trying to get rid of a person I think is scum. Did I say anything about getting rid of Wombat to? Nope. How is lynching one person getting rid of an entire team?

Wombat whats wrong with me saying I dont trust you while not mentioning Lily? Am I not allowed to suspect someone who was viewed in a game filled with Mafia Bosses and Recruiters?

The majority of the players still alive are town. The mafia seem to be able to kill two people (3 if you believe wombat/Nya to be on their side). So, yeah, I certainly want to make sure my vote is in the right place. And this is nothing compared to the number of unvotes and votes I was doing earlier.

And you know I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that actually one person from each of despo/lenlo and wombat/Nya teams are mafia. So if this is true, then maybe the mafia are lenlo and Nya. But yeah I have to agree with Ironeyes, there is so much wifom that it feels that one team is just as likely to be mafia as the other. The problem here is that both teams have done enough for town to make it look like they are on our side.

The vig. tam got 3 mafia and Razen a 3rd party. And despo has done well in scumhunting and probably even managed to reflect AJ's NK back on her.

But Wombat, I want to ask, what can you say about the possibility that in actual fact that you may be a scum team or havea scum member in your team, and actually you used your power to kill the other mafia opposition?

Can you say anything that would make this scenario more unlikely?

And thinking about it now, lily would definitely be town because she wouldn't be affected by mafia recruiting her because of her power absorber. That means you killed off a townie(John) when you recruited him to the mafia's side, so we were forced to lynch him. And interestingly we used logic when we lynched John, ie. no one claimed to have targetted lily, so therefore she must have bee targetted for recruitment, which meant that when she casted the power on John she recruited him instead.

This same logic could help us here. As I've said Lily is basically safe due to her absorber. Darthe and Ironeyes and Me were all viewed and resulted as town. Because Lily is safe and therefore town she has no reason to lie about her viewing of Wombat. So, this means that the mafia are definitely 100% among the remaining 3: Lenlo, Nya, and Despo.

I think I've made a very reasonable argument, can anyone fault this logic? So yeah I'll start with Lenlo then move to Nya, and finally despo if both the former flip town. If as I say there are 2 to 3 mafia left, then we have at least a 2/3 chance of getting mafia.

So townies if I could suggest a plan it would be to lynch one of these 3 the next day phase. And Wombat if you want to prove that your partner Nya is town then have her sent in the kill on either despo or lenlo. If she refuses, then maybe she is scum?

It's the same thing when we viewed Lenlo, I knew that I was town so I wasn't afraid that if it got reflected what the result would be. (In hindsight, Songstress admitted she was looking for my reaction to this to determine if I was town or not.)

Hopefully Darthe that has got you up to speed, and sorry for long text. It all came to me as I was writing this post.

And no I didn't forget this was a recruitment game, but for the past 3 nights there have been a huge volume of NKs. So I would surmise that recruitment basically ended when we killed off the two recruiters AJ and Rand, and therefore all my viewings on Ironeyes and Darthe after him are still valid. Unless of course mario is godfather, eh Darthe?

Yes David, you are making some wrong, and scummy, assumptions.

There is nothing to indicate that recruiting ended at any specific night. Past viewings don't really hold as much weight because of this. People viewed recently are a little bit more safe, but they still shouldn't be discounted when looking for scum.

Basically, stop thinking of the game in black/white. Catch people who act scummy. This was the whole reason I pursued a lynch on Peace yesterday, to me, his lurkiness seemed scummy. You're trying to rely too much on viewings and NA's.

My thoughts on those still left:

5. Darthe - Was def pinging to me earlier in the game, but the scenes have cleared him somewhat. They made it seem like the mafia team had targeted him, and the way it described his reaction to Mr. L's letter tells me he at least started the game out as town.

9. Wombat - basically already covered him, he was recently viewed and he came back as town, and I doubt he would have any GF abilities in addition to the vig role thing.

11. Lenlo - my partner, and I got nothing to indicate he wasn't town to begin with, and I've already covered many times how I doubt teh scum would try to recruit either of us

17. Despothera - I know I'm town

19. Nya - well I'm voting her so I think it's obvious what my feelings are on her, but I want to use this opportunity to ONCE AGAIN ask why the vig team wasn't viewed by the cop earlier. Scum will often false claim vig roles just in case someone tracks them and sees them visiting someone who dies. Then there's the possibility of a Vig/SK team, which I could easily see being the case. They both should have been a priority a long time ago.

20. David - scum cop extraordinare. In all seriousness, I doubt you're actually scum because of what Tress said about strong minds (heh, aint THAT a joke :laugh:)

23. Lily - her play has def shown her to be town this game imo, and her ability apparently makes her immune to recruitment, so I'd say town

24. Ironeyes - He's #2 on my list. RB'er seems like it would be a prime target for recruitment by scum, and he has also lurked a lot and hasn't really contributed that much to the town scumhunt.

Just a side note, I like debating like this. :wink:

Ok, here's my rebuttal. Does it make sense that the mafia can recruit and NK in the same night? I would hope not as this is overpowering the mafia. And do you think there are any recruiters left? If you say yes to both of those questions then that's your opinion. But really I feel that the mafia can't have two NAs (recruit and kill) at once and I'm sure we've killed the only two recruiters already(AJ and Rand).

If you personally prefer to scumhunt based on the players scumminess then that is your playstyle, and I have a different playstyle which uses logic and gut feelings. It's important to look at all the evidence at hand(NAs and viewings), and really we shouldn't say one playstyle is better than the other, imo.

Ok I had a look at my qt to see what Songstress and I were discussing about wombat.

Throughout the whole game Songstress had misgivings about Wombat and Nya and wanted to view them, but something always came up first such John, Basel, Ironeyes(who was Mynd), Darthe, and even despo and Lenlo. Songstress also wanted to view Mynd at first just to be sure of him. I have to say based on our discussion I think it was my fault we didn't view either Wombat or Nya. As I said, things came up and changed our suspicions and so on.

If you personally prefer to scumhunt based on the players scumminess then that is your playstyle, and I have a different playstyle which uses logic and gut feelings. It's important to look at all the evidence at hand(NAs and viewings), and really we shouldn't say one playstyle is better than the other, imo.

... The best players all base their decisions on player scumminess over any other factor. Claims and gut feelings/ intuition and traps etc are all very poor scum hunting techniques that are generally frowned upon by more advanced players of this game and the biggest reason is that while they may be true on occasion they much more often contribute to extreme WIFOM scenarios and tend to lose games for the town especially at endgame.

Also, If we were to follow that line of reasoning we would never vote a claimed cop and those can bite you.

Regardless, vote marsh

But Wombat, I want to ask, what can you say about the possibility that in actual fact that you may be a scum team or havea scum member in your team, and actually you used your power to kill the other mafia opposition?

Are you really asking someone to out themselves or their teammate as scum? What are the odds of this actually happening?

And thinking about it now, lily would definitely be town because she wouldn't be affected by mafia recruiting her because of her power absorber.

So based on this logic, because Lily has a power absorber every other night, shouldnt me and Despo be town as well? We have a Mirror every night and with two of us it equates to the same odds of being recruited as Lily. 50/50. If your clearing Lily based on her power then why cant you do the same things to us? Selective memory much.

Are you really asking someone to out themselves or their teammate as scum? What are the odds of this actually happening?

And thinking about it now, lily would definitely be town because she wouldn't be affected by mafia recruiting her because of her power absorber.

So based on this logic, because Lily has a power absorber every other night, shouldnt me and Despo be town as well? We have a Mirror every night and with two of us it equates to the same odds of being recruited as Lily. 50/50. If your clearing Lily based on her power then why cant you do the same things to us? Selective memory much.

You make a good point lenlo. (This is why I said, that instead of being recruited that you may have started as mafia, but maybe this is not so.) Ok then unvote lenlo and vote Nya.

Well think about it.. At best the mafia has one person left right? And at worst around two or three. So if it takes 5 to lynch and we have another night of two-three deaths plus we lynch a townie..? We could lose tomorrow easily.

I think there would be two mafia left at least, as there have been two NKs apart from our vig kills right??

Also, I am town. So since Lenlo is the other really suspicious suspect in y'all eyes, I'm happy if we actually catch another scummy this time.

So your voting me not based on your own suspicions but on those of the majority? Are you trying to fly under the radar, blend in and look town? At the very least take someone elses case and put it in your own words instead of just outright saying "You guys are voting for him so im going to vote for him."

Also im not the only other one. Marsh is under suspicion as well.

Archived