DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far these were the NAs:

I posted the view on Lenlo, and got viewed instead, so Lenlo must have used the mirror.

Razen couldn't commute as Ironeyes block on him worked. And Wombat NKed Razen.

And btw I didn't get a one vig. shot role.

I didn't either. I wish I had...

Dang! Well at least we didn't do anything wrong with killing Razen...!

Despo/Len...That makes sense.

The only other alternative as I see it would be you Nya, Wombat, and Lily. They could be lying through their respective teeth. But I've decided to trust in Lily's word and believe that she did in fact view Wombat and reported the result accurately. So therefore I will find the idea that despo/lenlo are mafia more probable than lily/wombat/Nya being mafia. These are my thoughts.

I want Lenlo to confirm that he used the mirror. Because if Lenlo says that he didn't then I will know for certain that he's lying because the viewing somehow got reflected back at me. But lenlo, even if do confirm that you used the mirror, I still believe that you are mafia.

Yup I used the mirror.

At this point I dont trust Nya/Wombat. They are (I think) the only other full team of two left other than me and Despo and I know that I am still town and believe that Despo is as well. I think that Nya and/or Wombat got recruited at some point if they did not start scum. Who better to recruit than the town vig giving your scum team another NK?

Vote Nya

I would be willing to move it to wombat as well.

Yup I used the mirror.

At this point I dont trust Nya/Wombat. They are (I think) the only other full team of two left other than me and Despo and I know that I am still town and believe that Despo is as well. I think that Nya and/or Wombat got recruited at some point if they did not start scum. Who better to recruit than the town vig giving your scum team another NK?

Vote Nya

You forget that we've been killing off scummies for most of the time, which we definitely wouldn't be doing if we'd been recruited right! :rolleyes:

Oh and that exact first part of your post could be our argument too. I'm sure Wombat and I are town, and who says you guys weren't recruited!?

Yup I used the mirror.

Vote Nya

You forget that we've been killing off scummies for most of the time, which we definitely wouldn't be doing if we'd been recruited right! :rolleyes:

Oh and that exact first part of your post could be our argument too. I'm sure Wombat and I are town, and who says you guys weren't recruited!?

Ezactly Lenlo. What Nya said. Put it this way, if you flip town then Wombat and Nya could be mafia. But I would like to find out by first lynching you. We've never had a successful viewing on either you or despo(which was quite annoying) and now I can imagine the mirror thing being a mafia role. I doubt you would have gotten recruited because of the mirror thing, so I'm going to assume that you started as mafia. And really we don't know for sure that when AJ was killed it was by despo's doing(ie reflected the NK back at her). And I'm willing to bet this game had split mafia teams, so it's possible mafia would be killing each other, and remember each mafia team would have it's own win condition, I doubt they could win when another mafia team are still alive.

Such a shame. Ok I know you guys have to take me on my word. We viewed Lenlo last night, and the result was: David is a Good guy. Yeah so that means Lenlo used the mirror that night. Now, for the update on what hapened to my power after Songstress died. Our powers have been diminished so that we may not reach all the minds that we intend and sometimes it may fail. So I suppose what that means is that the viewing is now not 100% successful and that if we send in a view on one person another person will get viewed instead sometimes.

Good lord YOU HAVE BEEN THE WORST/SCUMMIEST COP I'VE EVER SEEN!

WHY did you waste the viewing like that? You could have verified Nya or looked elsewhere to some other lurkers or somewhere but you have now wasted THREE viewings on my team that could have gone elsewhere.

David, just so you know, I plan to never have to play with you in the same game again. Your play has really gotten on mine and others nerves the whole game. I know it's just a game and I shouldn't get myself so worked up, but man if you talked like about a tenth of the time you have, and hopefully hadn't shared your thoughts on who yall should view each night, we would prob be in SUCH a better place right now. Your cop play has been a serious detriment to the town.

Ok I've looked at the OP thread and had a look at the list of players and their flips. We have viewed Ironeyes, Darthe and Me as town. I will trust Lily's word that Wombat came back as town, and therefore because I trust Lily's word, then I must concede that she is town as well. Wombat I think believes Nya to be town. That is 6 out of the 8 I believe to be town so far. I do believe that Lenlo and Despo are indeed mirrors but not town. So, I'm going to start this off by voting despo. Peace and Moon both flipped town, and despo was pressuring Peace quite hard.

Oh Gawd.... moar terrible awful conclusions.

I am town.

Good job using extremely limited and flawed reasoning to arrive at the conclusion you did. You really have no evidence whatsoever that I'm scum. You let multiple people off the hook, saying you viewed them or blah blah blah.... and COMPLETELY ignore the fact of recruitment being a factor in this game.

I went after Peace, yes. To me, his team's inactivity and lurkiness was a question mark, so I brought it up. I didn't like his response to my questions, so I felt good about my vote on him. Sucks that he flipped town, but once again, I'm not gonna apologize for trying to scumhunt.

Honestly, I wanted to deal with this Womby/Nya wifom a LOOOOOOONG time ago, but because I was sure you would eventually vet both of them, I held off my vote. I stated yesterday that I had wanted to look at Nya but I was willing to wait until they had both been viewed. I trust Lily's reading on Wombat, but Nya is still too big of a question mark today.

Vote Nya.

I sent in a kill on Razen last night but I don't see any evidence of myself in the scene.

I know why your kill worked- I blocked his commute ability.

So your power is unaffected by turin's death?

Oh, it was affected. The blocks will be less consistent. Kind of like David's power change. But I think it worked last night.

Btw, this kind of pinged me a little bit. Plus, I could see a RB as being a good target for recruitment. And Marsh has played pretty lurksome for a while now.

I'd be fine with either a Nya lynch or a Marsh lynch today.

• Club Leader

Yup I used the mirror.

Vote Nya

So, you think my view on Wombat was wrong? Or I'm now scum?

Yup I used the mirror.

Vote Nya

If one of you was recruited fairly recently, it wouldn't show in your kill record.

And even if you had been scum the whole time, or a SK or recruited early, you still coulda been choosing targets that would make you look town, while increasing the chances of you being around late game. Or you could have been going after a rival scum team. All possible explanations.

And I've been through this again and again.

Scum more than likely would not have targeted us for recruitment at this point because of two things:

1. They've had much better targets. They could gain a Vig kill poss, a RB'er, one of the Tracker/Watchers, etc. Think about what they would gain by possibly being able to use our power. It's a passive ablity, so would only be able to be used on the player they recruited, not the rest of the team. Not very helpful.

2. Because of the nature of our power, they know they could easily fail in their NA if they targeted one of us. After all, that person COULD be using the mirror that night, so the NA would reflect back.

Not just that, but Lenlo and I have been under some fire most of the game, especially me. Wouldn't really make much sense for the mafia team to recruit someone who's already on the hot seat.

Yup I used the mirror.

Vote Nya

Ezactly Lenlo. What Nya said. Put it this way, if you flip town then Wombat and Nya could be mafia. But I would like to find out by first lynching you. We've never had a successful viewing on either you or despo(which was quite annoying) and now I can imagine the mirror thing being a mafia role. I doubt you would have gotten recruited because of the mirror thing, so I'm going to assume that you started as mafia. And really we don't know for sure that when AJ was killed it was by despo's doing(ie reflected the NK back at her). And I'm willing to bet this game had split mafia teams, so it's possible mafia would be killing each other, and remember each mafia team would have it's own win condition, I doubt they could win when another mafia team are still alive.

So you're gonna go with the word of someone who you think could be scum, who is defending themself from someone else who you think is scummy? Why would you trust either of our words so easily at this point?

And I couldn't make heads or tails of the rest of that post. Oh except one thing: we kinda already KNOW this game had split mafia teams, smart guy detective. Look at Niel/Nol. So you're willing to bet on something that has already happened, huh?

Yeah, great sleuth work once again

:rolleyes:

That top part is exactly as much WIFOM as you're trying to push into our shoes.

You've only been FoSed for the game, mostly, plus you've been a really active at scumhunting. I don't think at all that the mafia would have NOT recruited you because of what you've said.

....sigh Nya.

Don't try to just dismiss my argument as wifom and move on. Scummy scummy.

Why would the mafia want a mirror role, that can only be used on the person they recruit, with so many other good roles out there for them to possibly steal?

Why would the mafia team target us when they'd have a good chance of having their NA fail?

Don't just scoff these questions off as wifom, actually respond to them or I shall make your 'prentice tasks that much harder!

:baalzamon:

...sigh Despo. :tongue:

....sigh Nya.

Not dismissing it. Here's another example of you putting things into my shoes I hebent done - the last person who tried to frame me like that flipped scum. I've read through it all and chose to answer to the strongest points, as a)I'm on an iPod where it's really annoying and time wasting typing out huuge replies especially when supposed to be writing a Classics essay, and b) you did have some good points that 'could' be a possibility. And some of that indeed is WIFOM, don't deny it :P

Why would the mafia want a mirror role, that can only be used on the person they recruit, with so many other good roles out there for them to possibly steal?

No idea. They might not want it true, but might recruit you indeed anyway because of course we wouldn't suspect YOU OMG. Because that would totally be like accusing Snowhite's mirror of lying. Oh my.

Why would the mafia team target us when they'd have a good chance of having their NA fail?

As above, they might've taken the chance - pretty much every night action is a chance of succeeding in mafia lol. I don't believe that "what if" vets you at all.

Especially your debating skillz and stuffs might have been attractive to the mafia, regardless of role. Don't let that go to your head :tongue:

Don't just scoff these questions off as wifom, actually respond to them or I shall make your 'prentice tasks that much harder!

Did I do that?

See above :P

Threatening me with non-game situations. AYAY. I must be scummy indeed if I quake in fear in my cowboy-frilled booties :D

...sigh Despo. :tongue:

:rolleyes:

....sigh Nya.

Not dismissing it. Here's another example of you putting things into my shoes I hebent done - the last person who tried to frame me like that flipped scum. I've read through it all and chose to answer to the strongest points, as a)I'm on an iPod where it's really annoying and time wasting typing out huuge replies especially when supposed to be writing a Classics essay, and b) you did have some good points that 'could' be a possibility. And some of that indeed is WIFOM, don't deny it :P

That top part is exactly as much WIFOM as you're trying to push into our shoes.

You've only been FoSed for the game, mostly, plus you've been a really active at scumhunting. I don't think at all that the mafia would have NOT recruited you because of what you've said.

That's you dismissing it as wifom. Instead of actually responding to any of the "good points" (your own words) I brought up, you name it wifom and move on. Don't accuse me of trying to misrepresent things when you're the one doing it.

No idea. They might not want it true, but might recruit you indeed anyway because of course we wouldn't suspect YOU OMG. Because that would totally be like accusing Snowhite's mirror of lying. Oh my.

See now THAT'S WIFOM, what you brought up. All I said was, why would the mafia want a mirror role. You answered it, and agreed that it's not really an attractive role for mafia.

What you say after that is a separate issue, and a wifom itself.

As above, they might've taken the chance - pretty much every night action is a chance of succeeding in mafia lol. I don't believe that "what if" vets you at all.

Especially your debating skillz and stuffs might have been attractive to the mafia, regardless of role. Don't let that go to your head

Uhm... they'd still have a greater chance of their NA succeeding if they aimed somewhere else. Look at it this way- if they're sending in a NK, they could be blocked by the doc, but they would know that a doc most likely wouldn't protect us since there are stronger town roles out there and our ability gives us a good defense. Any of their NA's can potentially be blocked by the RB, but that doesn't matter where they aim.

So in other words, they risk a lot more by trying to target us. Again, why risk the chance of your NA failing so much, when we don't even have that powerful of an ability really?

And that last part, while very nice and complimentary, is also kinda irresponsible. Why not just lynch me in every game where recruitment is present, since apparently I'm SOOOO leet at mafia they would always want me on their team?

Cause that's a weak argument. I'm hardly one of the only good mafia players around, their are plenty of other players that are just as good at this game. Not just that, but my playstyle always tends to bring a lot of attention my way, which the mafia team wouldn't really want.

Did I do that?

See above :P

Threatening me with non-game situations. AYAY. I must be scummy indeed if I quake in fear in my cowboy-frilled booties :D

:tongue:

Archived