DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene would you like to read in AMoL?

fikkie77

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gawyn and rand :) i wonder how having changed his attitude he will react to the new rand and also knowing he is Rand's and Elayne's children uncle :D

Pardon me for being rude, but imo Gawyn will shit his pants as he sees Rand, then bow and begg for forgiveness for being an utterly foul since book 1 until book 10-11. :sammy:

EDIT: Can you tell me the source of yout quote? That made me laugh and I wanted to read the whole thing again xD

Naggash: Not sure about the tea quote, but the liking the horse quote is from Towers of Midnight, during the battle against Trollocs where Perrin comes to Galad's rescue. This is the exchange when Perrin saves Galad after his leg was woudned fighting Trollocs.

Naggash: Not sure about the tea quote, but the liking the horse quote is from Towers of Midnight, during the battle against Trollocs where Perrin comes to Galad's rescue. This is the exchange when Perrin saves Galad after his leg was woudned fighting Trollocs.

Thank you, that's what I was asking :D

I like yours too. Mat is my favourite xD

gawyn and rand :) i wonder how having changed his attitude he will react to the new rand and also knowing he is Rand's and Elayne's children uncle :D

Pardon me for being rude, but imo Gawyn will shit his pants as he sees Rand, then bow and begg for forgiveness for being an utterly foul since book 1 until book 10-11. :sammy:

EDIT: Can you tell me the source of yout quote? That made me laugh and I wanted to read the whole thing again xD

haha not at all rude :) all in good fun

its from ToM, one of favourite moments definitely, its the end of the chapter An Unexpected Ally and the second one is Some Tea :)

enjoy :D

I could easily see Gawyn's and Egwene's dislike for Rand feeding on each other, much like what happens to Elayne and Birgitte emotions. You don't hate someone for that long and just go on as if nothing happened.

What is Egwene's dislike for Rand? Care to provide quotes as to how you reached that conclusion? Being frustrated with him at times is a far cry from "dislike" or "hate" like we see in Gawyn.

Watch, there'll be a wicked action scene, powers flung everywhere, people going bat-shit crazy, everybody takes wounds & is exhaused...and at the end of said sequence, the very first thing that'll be noted:

...<instert character name> straightened her skirt.

BAM.

*phones vegas for line odds.

What would I like to see?

Anything with Mat and Fortuona, though I really want to see what happens if they end up on opposite sides of the battlefield.

Nynaeve's meeting with Moiraine (I'm currently rereading the earlier books again, so it's kind of funny how much Nynaeve was driven by her jealousy of Moiraine)

Tam or Mat finding out about Rand's three mistress's

The fourth age

Asmodean's killer

How to escape from an a'dam

The secret behind new Rand's power (implying he could escape being shielded by a circle of thirteen, the white light shielding him from madness, his single handedly destroying a shadowspawn army)

Also, this won't happen anymore, but I kind of wanted to see Moiraine reunited with TP using almost-darkfriend Rand.

What would I like to see?

Anything with Mat and Fortuona, though I really want to see what happens if they end up on opposite sides of the battlefield.

Nynaeve's meeting with Moiraine (I'm currently rereading the earlier books again, so it's kind of funny how much Nynaeve was driven by her jealousy of Moiraine)

Tam or Mat finding out about Rand's three mistress's

The fourth age

Asmodean's killer

How to escape from an a'dam

The secret behind new Rand's power (implying he could escape being shielded by a circle of thirteen, the white light shielding him from madness, his single handedly destroying a shadowspawn army)

Also, this won't happen anymore, but I kind of wanted to see Moiraine reunited with TP using almost-darkfriend Rand.

We know Asmodean's killer. It's hinted at in ToM and revealed in the glossary.

Teh tea quote was when Galad met Berelain. I am looking forward to when

Rand sees Moraine, of course

Avienda returns to Rand

Rand discovers Elayne's pregnancy

Perin taking aout the dream spike at the black tower, or telling rand how to do it and the ensuing battle

the Battle of Camelyn

Mst reuiniting with Fortuona

Rand interacting wtih Fortuona (as they have both changed...he is wiser, she is now the empress and more impressed with herself

Cant wait to see:

1) Rand - Moiraine - Nynaeve reunion, courtesy of Mat

2) Demandreds' plots, plans, and actions finally revealed

3) The purpose and effects of Cyndanes' call for help in the dream to Rand

4) What the devil the "____ in the Blight" actually is

5) Who gets the butcher bill and who doesn't

What I'd like to see, on the other hand, though hardly plausible...:

1a) Egwene being 13x13'd and aided by Slayer in conquering the WT for the Shadow.

1b) Logain, victorious at the BT, leads another invasion of the WT along with Perrin aiding in T'aR, in which he ultimately seals his glory, gaining the rein of Tamyrlin for said actions.

2) Fortuona getting put over Mats', or Rands' for that matter, knee and given some sence until she accidentally channels.. Seriously, for someone who despises anyone who can channel, she sure has no problem disregarding the fact that she herself can potentially channel, simply because she can choose not to, even while comparing it to thivery or murder... To me, that is splitting hairs finer than any AS ever could, but maybe thats just me.

3) Moridin, courtesy of Rands' VoG epiphany and other factors, turns to the light, and helps Rand seal the DO away before being blasted out of the pattern, ironically, as he always wanted before turning back to the Light...

Like I said, highly unlikely, but I figured my first real post should have at least a bit of loony-bin nuttiness to it. :wink:

Watch, there'll be a wicked action scene, powers flung everywhere, people going bat-shit crazy, everybody takes wounds & is exhaused...and at the end of said sequence, the very first thing that'll be noted:

...<instert character name> straightened her skirt.

BAM.

*phones vegas for line odds.

No, no, "smoothed" her dress. Probably "beneath her bosom."

cyndane and graendal having passionate sex as moridin throws a huge party on the slopes of shayol ghul as lews therin telamon and his allies are finally destroyed

You just traumatized a little boy somewhere in the world...

I would like to see the forces of light break. Wait not break, shatter. I know for a fact the southron armies are going to shatter due to their beliefs that trollocs are stories and the moral destruction will be staggering, especially once the farmers start running.

I would very much like the destruction of most of the countries that currently exist (not far fetched considering most are entirely tapped out for capitol, men, and resources)

So I briefly read through this thread and am suprised not to see this one (please correct me if I missed it), but Lan's death scene.

I am fully convinced that he is going to die and I am fully prepared for it to be just about teh most bad*ss thing ever. Oh, and then the wrath of Nynaeve on whomever does the deed.

So I briefly read through this thread and am suprised not to see this one (please correct me if I missed it), but Lan's death scene.

I am fully convinced that he is going to die and I am fully prepared for it to be just about teh most bad*ss thing ever. Oh, and then the wrath of Nynaeve on whomever does the deed.

I'm fully convinced he won't die, and it's not because I don't want him to. He's been certain from New Spring/Eye of the World that he's going to die in the Blight. It's too like RJ for characters who are certain of something to have the opposite thing happen to them. I think he'll die of natural causes sometime after his 100th birthday.

I would love to see the sort of scene you often see in Stephen King's epics, like The Stand or The Dark Tower series, where a confrontation that has been building for an eternity is suddenly diverted. For instance, instead of the Logain v. Taim buildup - what if Taim was taken out by a minor character in what is effectively a side note? Or if Rand reached Shayol Ghul to find that Demandred had already whipped Moridin? While this type of scene may not fit with how we expect the series to play out, it would be extremely ironic and, to my mind, quite realistic. The prime candidate for this treatment, to my mind, is actually Demandred though.

Archived