DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene would you like to read in AMoL?

fikkie77

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@weiramon the only problem with that is Rand can't teach the Aes Sedai. the whole fish teaching a bird to swim analogy. But then again he did walk Nynaeve through removing Compulsion.

he probably could if he knows enough of how to work with saidar (which he should), just use the coloured flames that was in Egwenes second novice section and show them how to do it, or link and use saidar only to do it

Isnt it generally assumed that at least one of Seonid, Masuri, or Annoura is Black Ajah?

Assumed, no. But there is my theory about it, which can be found here: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/50913-masuri-annoura-and-masemas-shiny-dragon-man/

Whether you buy the whole theory, the bit coverying Masuri and Annoura should be of interest--in addition, though its not listed under that section, it has been noted that Annoura makes what appears to be the Black Ajah identification gesture with her hand when she first meets Cadsuane (the same Aran'gar makes to Delana). It's even noted that such gestures are very odd in chapter.

Not to jump on the Dark Knight Rises / happy ending band wagon... but I have a deep longing to see Rand (either in his own body or some other - but Rand's SOUL) and Min on a farm at the very end tending sheep and growing tabac, just being domestic. He deserves that.

Moiraine warns him a few times that being Ta'veren is not permanant. And the focus of the pattern may move away from him.

From The Shadow Rising, Chapter 2 Whirlpools in the Pattern (pg. 63 hardback)

"In a moment he would send for Moiraine to Heal his wounds. In a moment he would speak to the Aiel outside, and become the Dragon Reborn again. But for now, he only wanted to sit, and remember a shepherd named Rand Al'Thor."

Perhaps my most cherished of all of Rand's thoughts.

Regarding Rand teaching, one of the Aes Sedais said that analogy about fish to fly and birds to swim was flawed. Asmodeon says in TFoH that he isn't a good teacher, especially without a link. This suggests males and females did train together back in the AoL.

I also believe that given LTT's experience as an Aes Sedai, he would know something of the female way of doing weaves. After all, Semirhage when she gains control of Rand in TGS mentions something about remembering the male way of doing a weave is strange.

Rand can teach males and females, and it would be a great scene.

For some reason I'm very interested in getting some back story on Tuon's father.

"I'm a gambler," he said.

"My father called himself a gambler," Tuon said softly. "He died of a bad wager."

And how were you supposed to find out what that meant?

One that just occurred to me was Egwene meeting Bethamin and Seta--both of whom had personal roles in her training as a damane.

For some reason I'm very interested in getting some back story on Tuon's father.

"My father called himself a gambler," Tuon said softly. "He died of a bad wager."

And at another point Tuon states that her mother suposedly loved her father.

Just tell me who killed Asmodean.

It was Graendal. This was confirmed in TofM (inferenced in the Graendal SH smackdown scene, and then stated in the Glossary)

One that just occurred to me was Egwene meeting Bethamin and Seta--both of whom had personal roles in her training as a damane.

And at another point Tuon states that her mother suposedly loved her father.

Fortuona loves Mat. She misses him and wishes he was with her. She felt safe with him. But she is in minor denial or the feeling is alien to her; and she needs time to get used to it.

I hope all the thick skulled and retarded "good guys" who have plotted and made Rand's life a hell during the story would come

begging for forgiveness and yelling "We have been petty and insane, How did we not realize that you are the god damn Messiah who is destined to fight the Satan and sacrifice your life while doing it...how can we help you to beat the bastard?"

"We have been petty and insane, How did we not realize that you are the god damn Messiah who is destined to fight the Satan and sacrifice your life while doing it...how can we help you to beat the bastard?"

That is part of what makes the WoT such a good series. It isn't just a cut and dry savior figure with everyone falling into lock step behind him. In fact up until very recently the DO almost won the game of sh'ara as Rand was practically acting in his interests and very close to destroying the pattern.

As for the how can we "help" you win they have already asked. He refused to share the information and goaded Eggy in opposing him(admittedly part of that may be because he doesn't know and is waiting for Min to provide him with the answer).

"We have been petty and insane, How did we not realize that you are the god damn Messiah who is destined to fight the Satan and sacrifice your life while doing it...how can we help you to beat the bastard?"

That is part of what makes the WoT such a good series. It isn't just a cut and dry savior figure with everyone falling into lock step behind him. In fact up until very recently the DO almost won the game of sh'ara as Rand was practically acting in his interests and very close to destroying the pattern.

As for the how can we "help" you win they have already asked. He refused to share the information(admittedly part of that may be because he doesn't know and is waiting for Min to provide him with the answer).

Wouldn't it be epic if Min tells Rand that she needs the WT's help to solve the riddle?

Uno ... the only "discarded" character I really miss. He supplied as many laughs as Mat with his foul tongue! He's a legend in that respect.

As for the how can we "help" you win they have already asked. He refused to share the information(admittedly part of that may be because he doesn't know and is waiting for Min to provide him with the answer).

Wouldn't it be epic if Min tells Rand that she needs the WT's help to solve the riddle?

Uno ... the only "discarded" character I really miss. He supplied as many laughs as Mat with his foul tongue! He's a legend in that respect.

Hey - what happened to Uno? I vaguely recall him being in Masema's group, but not after that.

Hey - what happened to Uno? I vaguely recall him being in Masema's group, but not after that.

He is currently the commander of the Heavy Cavalry Corps in Gareth Bryne's army. He was mentioned in Egwene's meeting with the Andoran nobles "out on the ice" (if I remember correctly).

I want to see what Thom does with the names of the AS that stilled his nephew, now that moraine is back and can inform him of who done it

Gotta wonder how many of them are still alive or in the WT. I would expect a BA or two to be involved.

I want to see what Thom does with the names of the AS that stilled his nephew, now that moraine is back and can inform him of who done it

Gotta wonder how many of them are still alive or in the WT. I would expect a BA or two to be involved.

We know they were. This was a part of "the vileness" that the BA had a significant role in.

We know they were. This was a part of "the vileness" that the BA had a significant role in.

If all were BA, then Thom won't be doing much in this regard in AMoL unless Moiraine ends up fighting renegade AS chased out of the WT in the Great Purge.

If all were BA, then Thom won't be doing much in this regard in AMoL unless Moiraine ends up fighting renegade AS chased out of the WT in the Great Purge.

Oh no, they weren't all BA, but they were the ones who orchestrated it all. Reds played the main role and Sitters were punished for it. We know Ishy had is own punishment for the Blacks involved as well. Jarna Malari was spectacularly executed in that terangreal that no one knew a use for.

ACoS Prologue

Jarna’s fate flashed into her mind. Publicly Gray, Jarna had never shown any interest in the ter’angreal no one knew a use for - until the day she became snared in one untried for centuries. How to activate it remained a mystery still. For ten days no one could reach her, only listen to her throat-wrenching shrieks. Most of the Tower thought Jarna a model of virtue; when what could be recovered was buried, every sister in Tar Valon and every one who could reach the city in time attended the funeral.

Thanks for the quotes. And so it seems that Thom will have targets to hit post-TG. But would the Tower afford to have a warder killing AS for something the BA instigated 20 years in the past. Maybe a certain degree of forgiveness would be in order, especially if the Reds find a new purpose. And it could be that Moiraine's promise was just "pushing the right buttons" to move Thom out of Tear. She knew that was the only thing that would break him; and she used it ruthlessly: typical Cairhienen nobility exercise in Daes Dae'mar.

Man there are too many things to name!!!

The 3 as one scene, Demandred revealed, Taim's true intent and identity. I'd like to see Lelaine and Suiane get there actual power level back from the Ashaman healer (can't remember his name right now), LAST BATTLE!!! Perrin leading a wolf LEGION!!!, How Mat copes with the loss of his eye and Moiraine's role when she mat and Thom get back in the mix of things. Even as a man i'm always loving the scenes with the relationships like Faile and Perrin and Tuon and Mat, and I need to see Avi, Elayne, and Min all together with Rand...the man is due some serious 4 way action right? HAHAHA!!! There's just too much that i want to see its kind of a ridiculous question.

Man there are too many things to name!!!

The 3 as one scene, Demandred revealed, Taim's true intent and identity. I'd like to see Lelaine and Suiane get there actual power level back from the Ashaman healer (can't remember his name right now), LAST BATTLE!!! Perrin leading a wolf LEGION!!!, How Mat copes with the loss of his eye and Moiraine's role when she mat and Thom get back in the mix of things. Even as a man i'm always loving the scenes with the relationships like Faile and Perrin and Tuon and Mat, and I need to see Avi, Elayne, and Min all together with Rand...the man is due some serious 4 way action right? HAHAHA!!! There's just too much that i want to see its kind of a ridiculous question.

I agree with every thing WDF

I am thinking that Elaida played a role in Owein's gentling; it is implied in the aCoS Prologue that she has some secrets from those dark times.

They could've been trying to get Thom away from Morgase.

Thom's nephew can channell; the Red Ajah goes after Owein; Thom is forced to choose between his lover, Morgase, and his nephew; Morgase is now free of Thom's influence and thus easy for the WT to influence; Elaida happens to become her advisor.

So i bet Elaida would've been one of the names Moiraine would have provided to Thom.....but she is getting her comeuppance as a Seanchan Damane, so we will proabbly not get to see a Thom/Elaida showdown.

Archived