DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene would you like to read in AMoL?

fikkie77

I would love to see the sort of scene you often see in Stephen King's epics, like The Stand or The Dark Tower series, where a confrontation that has been building for an eternity is suddenly diverted. For instance, instead of the Logain v. Taim buildup - what if Taim was taken out by a minor character in what is effectively a side note? Or if Rand reached Shayol Ghul to find that Demandred had already whipped Moridin? While this type of scene may not fit with how we expect the series to play out, it would be extremely ironic and, to my mind, quite realistic. The prime candidate for this treatment, to my mind, is actually Demandred though.

androl to take out taim is more probable IMO

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be fantastic - he could open a miniscule gateway inside Taim's skull so that when he moves he scrambles his brains! Although - with the dreamspike on the BT grounds and gateways not working, Androl's main talent is not accessible and he is extremely weak in the power. So perhaps the Two Rivers bow moment was foreshadowing for him shooting an arrow into Taim's heart, ironic given Taim's insistence on using the force for everything and utter disregard for more 'natural' methods

That would be fantastic - he could open a miniscule gateway inside Taim's skull so that when he moves he scrambles his brains! Although - with the dreamspike on the BT grounds and gateways not working, Androl's main talent is not accessible and he is extremely weak in the power. So perhaps the Two Rivers bow moment was foreshadowing for him shooting an arrow into Taim's heart, ironic given Taim's insistence on using the force for everything and utter disregard for more 'natural' methods

can't androl almost force a gateway to work, whereas for everyone else it basically instantly collapses?

can't androl almost force a gateway to work, whereas for everyone else it basically instantly collapses?

For him the weaves hold a little longer but nothing more, they still unravel like everyone else's. This is almost certainly because of his Talent with gateways but I don't think even a Talent can break through a DS. Graendal seems genuinely perplexed to see one and both her and Mesaana think that it's one of the most powerful AoL tools.

Exactly Naggash - he won't be able to use a gatewat - unless the dreamspike is deactivated, in which case he could wreak havoc with truly innovative gateay usage

Humm....I'm sure he could use the gateways for assasination with his Talent, but for openly fight? Don't think so. Even with his Talent, he isn't strong enough no defend himself. Anyone could Shield him or hit him with any weave and he wouldn't be able to resist them.

Also, we don't know if, even with his talent, he can open more than one at a time. I suppose he can, but we can't be sure. Maybe his Talent makes him able to greatly manipulate ONE gateway, but still don't be able to open more because of his strength.

For him the weaves hold a little longer but nothing more, they still unravel like everyone else's. This is almost certainly because of his Talent with gateways but I don't think even a Talent can break through a DS. Graendal seems genuinely perplexed to see one and both her and Mesaana think that it's one of the most powerful AoL tools.

Exactly Naggash - he won't be able to use a gatewat - unless the dreamspike is deactivated, in which case he could wreak havoc with truly innovative gateay usage

IMO, there is no reason we've been told about his special ability with gateways (or introduced to his character at all) if he's not able to break through the Dreamspike with it. Some guy being able to make big gateways is a hella boring story if that's all it is. I'm guessing when he attempts it after more practice and by linking with Aes Sedai and more men, he'll be able to make one.

IMO, there is no reason we've been told about his special ability with gateways (or introduced to his character at all) if he's not able to break through the Dreamspike with it. Some guy being able to make big gateways is a hella boring story if that's all it is. I'm guessing when he attempts it after more practice and by linking with Aes Sedai and more men, he'll be able to make one.

"Some guy being able to make big gateways is a hella boring story if that's all it is"

But it's not 'all that it is' at all. He is the leader of the 'resistance' in the Black Tower. Seems pretty important for me. And he probably has reserved another big role in aMoL besides this one.

And yes, maybe he will be able to break through the DS, the possibility exist. I just find it HARDLY possible.

"Some guy being able to make big gateways is a hella boring story if that's all it is"

But it's not 'all that it is' at all. He is the leader of the 'resistance' in the Black Tower. Seems pretty important for me. And he probably has reserved another big role in aMoL besides this one.

And yes, maybe he will be able to break through the DS, the possibility exist. I just find it HARDLY possible.

As far as what sets him apart, it is all. Any Asha'man, Dedicated, or Soldier who isn't a darkfriend could have been the one who leads the resistance with Pevara, and none of us would have batted an eyelash. We would have accepted it readily. It would have made more sense that it be an already known character, and there were plenty to choose from. The only thing important about Androl specifically is that he just so happens to be great at gateways and the ability is revealed at the very moment that no one can make a gateway.

Tuon meeting her stubborn equal in Egwene

I would bet on Tuon/Fortuona. As Mat was thinking about her "tough as nails!" If she were to overcome the a'dam and da'covale issues, she would be fit to rule ALL of Randland, WT included!

I would bet on Tuon/Fortuona. As Mat was thinking about her "tough as nails!" If she were to overcome the a'dam and da'covale issues, she would be fit to rule ALL of Randland, WT included!

Me too. Tuon stood and faced the Dragon Reborn when he was at his most fierce and most insane and basically told him to piss off.

Me too. Tuon stood and faced the Dragon Reborn when he was at his most fierce and most insane and basically told him to piss off.

Actually she could barely say 'no' to him, and sais that she was scared for the first time since being a girl.

That said, I would like the moment: Oh my God husband you were sayikng the truth about Snakes and Foxes and you are the Sounder of the Horn, and everything you told me and I thought was mere supersticion because I'm a 20-years-old empress with less than no consideration for another cultures was true!!!

At his most fierce, maybe, but not at his strongest, as a ta'veren. A replay might be interesting.

At his most fierce, maybe, but not at his strongest, as a ta'veren. A replay might be interesting.

A replay would probably end up with Rand bowing down / binding her to secure her aid for TG. He might not submit to her; but if he's willing to take a few slaps on the face from the Borderlanders, he could probably swallow a small measure of personal pride to secure the Seanchan's aid.

About the Tuon/Egwene meeting, I meant they are both stubborn and set in their ways of what they believe is right. So for me it would be interesting to see them interact in some dialogue.

Fortuona: Tuli will be a good damane!

Egwene: (embraces the source) I think not! ... This is what you Seanchan taught me to do in Falme

Fortuona: (thinks she's about to die) Noooo! .... (and channels to protect herself)

Egwene: (shocked) Fortuona will be a good Aes Sedai!

Fortuona: Please teach me the Warder Bond weave.

Mat: Noooooooooo!

Fortuona and Egwene smile.

Archived