DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What scene would you like to read in AMoL?

fikkie77

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the Tuon/Egwene meeting, I meant they are both stubborn and set in their ways of what they believe is right. So for me it would be interesting to see them interact in some dialogue.

Fortuona: Tuli will be a good damane!

Egwene: (embraces the source) I think not! ... This is what you Seanchan taught me to do in Falme

Fortuona: (thinks she's about to die) Noooo! .... (and channels to protect herself)

Egwene: (shocked) Fortuona will be a good Aes Sedai!

Fortuona: Please teach me the Warder Bond weave.

Mat: Noooooooooo!

Fortuona and Egwene smile.

If you continue to make me ROFL I will have to take bed rest >,<

Rand moved his horse to the front of the clearing where two others waited for his command. Once given, they would serve to the last to bring the Dragon up the slopes of Shayol Ghul for his confrontation with the Dark One. Rand did not speak, no words were necessary any longer. Every soul in this clearing knew what they were to do. Every person there expected today to be their last in this world.

Rand nodded to them. Logain mounted in one jump his giant horse and raised his sword, a gift from the Dragon and also a powerful sa'angreal. Fifty men, dressed in black coats with silver and gold pins almost shining against the darkness, raised their swords in response. With the One Power augmenting his voice cried out, "Guardians, Advance!"

At the same moment, a beautiful woman, loved by Rand, mounted a great beige stallion at her side. She sparkled in her gold shawl and royal circlet. She wore it proudly and let the wind whip it around her. The now disbanded Red Ajah had been replaced in the Tower by the Gold Ajah. As other ajahs had nicknames so did the gold. They were the "Dragon's Ajah". Sworn to the last to serve the Dragon and uphold his peace long after he was gone. Elayne took hold of the One Power and the circlet glittered alongside her cloak. A sa'angreal long held secret by the queens of Andor, Elayne now wore it proudly. Her One Power soaked voice filled the air, "Servants, Advance!"

I envisioned this one scene in my head which I think would be amazing to read. Remember Elaida's foretelling "the royal bloodline of Andor holds the key to winning the last battle"? Well, she never told anyone about that, and now she's a Seanchan damane. We, the readers, assume that this prophecy refers to Rand, (being the son of Tigraine Mantear) rather than the Trakands. So now picture this:

Mat is in Ebou Dar, doing whatever needs to be done with Fortuona and the Seanchan. He doesn't like the idea of damane, so he does his best to comfort or maybe rescue them. Elaida recognizes him and tells him about her foretelling, saying that this prophecy must be told, or else the secret dies with her.

Mat laughs and calls Elaida a fool. He tells her of Rand's ancestry and mocks her, saying she pretty much wasted most of her life as Morgase's advisor and her great secret is common knowledge.

Although I'm not sure how much Mat, or anyone else, knows about Rand's mother. He was there in Chaendaer when the Wise Ones told them about Shaiel, but it was only much later that Rand pieced together her identity.

Any thoughts? I feel I need some icing on the cake that was Elaida's PoVs, and what better way than mockery from Mat?

Although i'm not a big nynaeve fan - i have to say one of my favorite excerpts is knife of dreams chapter 20 when all those old fat guys start chanting "the golden crane flies for tarmon gaidon!!!!"

I would like to see Lan alive and reuniting with Nynaeve with all the malkeiri chanting...

Rand moved his horse to the front of the clearing where two others waited for his command. Once given, they would serve to the last to bring the Dragon up the slopes of Shayol Ghul for his confrontation with the Dark One. Rand did not speak, no words were necessary any longer. Every soul in this clearing knew what they were to do. Every person there expected today to be their last in this world.

Rand nodded to them. Logain mounted in one jump his giant horse and raised his sword, a gift from the Dragon and also a powerful sa'angreal. Fifty men, dressed in black coats with silver and gold pins almost shining against the darkness, raised their swords in response. With the One Power augmenting his voice cried out, "Guardians, Advance!"

At the same moment, a beautiful woman, loved by Rand, mounted a great beige stallion at her side. She sparkled in her gold shawl and royal circlet. She wore it proudly and let the wind whip it around her. The now disbanded Red Ajah had been replaced in the Tower by the Gold Ajah. As other ajahs had nicknames so did the gold. They were the "Dragon's Ajah". Sworn to the last to serve the Dragon and uphold his peace long after he was gone. Elayne took hold of the One Power and the circlet glittered alongside her cloak. A sa'angreal long held secret by the queens of Andor, Elayne now wore it proudly. Her One Power soaked voice filled the air, "Servants, Advance!"

Please, God in Heaven, or the Devil in Hell, no. "Dragon Ajah"? Andoran sa'angreal? There had better not be any fan ficish scenes like this, or I will be burning Brandon Sanderson in effigy over a pile of my WoT books.

Scenes I want to Read:

-Loial's Stump Speech. It is easy to forget sometimes that Loial was the 10th major character to be introducted, and the 9th to join their party (Rand, Matt, Egwene, Perrin, Thom, Morainne, Lan, Nynaeve, Min are the only characters introduced earlier). It's time to see him join the ranks of adults, like the rest of the late-teen characters have already done. What better way than pwning his own Mom at the Stump, and making sure the Randland Ogier march for Tar'mon Gaiden?

-BT time: It's time for its grounds to be rent and covered in blood.

-Rand/Morainne reunion. A true feel-good moment that I hope isn't made way too corny.

-Egwene tempering her new-found power with some humble pie served by Rand and Perrin at the FoM

-Morainne and Thom going out in a blaze of glory. It gonna happen, and its gonna be Epic.

- Many others, too many to list, so I'll stop there.

The Epilogue - it would be a sad, but a wonderful journey.

but most things will be answered and the story will be finished - and we will finally know that it was not all part of Rands fever Dream from Eye of the World :) haha

Shaidar Haran having one of his special motivational chats with either Demandred or the Naiblis.

I really, really want to see Demandred mindtrapped,and for the bad guys to get hold of Callandor, and I really want Moridin to send Cyndane, Moghedien and Demandred against Rand with it. Moghedien would be in control of the weaves, of course.

I have this theory that the reason Verin went to the Two Rivers was because she wanted to study unsparked Learners and the Two Rivers represented the only know excess pool of Learners, and that she did so with the specific intention of dealing with the sul'dam problem--remember that she was one of the first Aes Sedai to learn of them, that, much like with the Black Ajah, she took notes in a little book, and even specifically cites the sul'dam as the greatest problem to Siuan, and when Siuan tries to dismiss it with a fish analogy Verin twists the analogy to show the Seanchan may be just as dangerous as the Shadow.

In effect, what I'm suggesting is that Verin worked out how to forcibly spark learners, and left this knowledge with someone to be used against the Seanchan, and that ultimately my hope is that it is used against Fortuona.

I have this theory that the reason Verin went to the Two Rivers was because she wanted to study unsparked Learners and the Two Rivers represented the only know excess pool of Learners, and that she did so with the specific intention of dealing with the sul'dam problem--remember that she was one of the first Aes Sedai to learn of them, that, much like with the Black Ajah, she took notes in a little book, and even specifically cites the sul'dam as the greatest problem to Siuan, and when Siuan tries to dismiss it with a fish analogy Verin twists the analogy to show the Seanchan may be just as dangerous as the Shadow.

In effect, what I'm suggesting is that Verin worked out how to forcibly spark learners, and left this knowledge with someone to be used against the Seanchan, and that ultimately my hope is that it is used against Fortuona.

That looks as good a course of action as any. And I like the idea that Verin dedicated part of her time to figuring out the a'dam\Seanchan problem. It would elevate Verin's status higher than any other Aes Sedai in the books.

I think one that hasn't been mentioned that should be memorable is when Rand meets Galad for the first time since finding out about his parentage and realizes they're brothers. Should be pretty cool. Maybe not the coolest scene in the book, but just one nobody has mentioned.

Moiraine's return to the Tower should be pretty epic given the fact she is now a legend- the only sister known to have defeated two Forsaken in combat AND found the Dragon Reborn. That will be awesome.

I think one that hasn't been mentioned that should be memorable is when Rand meets Galad for the first time since finding out about his parentage and realizes they're brothers. Should be pretty cool. Maybe not the coolest scene in the book, but just one nobody has mentioned.

Moiraine's return to the Tower should be pretty epic given the fact she is now a legend- the only sister known to have defeated two Forsaken in combat AND found the Dragon Reborn. That will be awesome.

Rand meeting Galad should be cool [and really should be a big deal but due to one book prob wont be..i could be wrong], but the Moiraine Sedia vs Egwene Sedia aKa 'Mother' meeting makes me nervous......

GB, there was one of these in ToM. Rand apologizes to Hurin for his earlier behavior.

i know we didnt see the scene though, would have been good to see it from Rand PoV or better yet Hurin

I'd love to see an explanation of the DO's decisions. Let's face it he could have killed Rand many times throughout the series but the main focus has been on turning him. Even Verin said the last battle is not being fought the way Rand thinks it would be.

I agree with Harsh - if killing Rand pre-VoG is all it takes to win, all it would take is for the DO to instruct Sammael, Rahvin or Demandred to follow Lanfear and try to kill Rand in the Waste. Or even Ba'alzamon pre-TDR.

What I'm really looking for, though, is for Rand to confidently stride into the Pit of Doom, clutching Callandor alight, while "It's the Final Countdown" plays in the background.

Archived