DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Must be future lives, yeah - since Min's viewing are always about the future and in this "life" Gaidal must be younger than her. So the older Gaidal must be from a future life.

Min has never seen events from future lives for anyone else! Plus, my 'slowing theory' explains how the older Gaidal must be from this life.

P.S if Min saw events from future lives for everyone, then almost everyone would have auras, and a lot of the viewings would have been 'false', because the person would die before the event occurred! 

Brigitte isn't alive in the "normal" sense of being reborn as a baby - she was between lives and ripped from TAR.

Also she's a Hero ot H and rules are different from them.

Min has never viewed a HotH in-between lives.

Besides, those multitudes of images and auras flashed by too quickly for her to make out

any clearly, but she was certain they indicated more adventures than a woman could have in one lifetime.

Strangely, some were connected to an ugly man who was older than she, and others to an ugly man who

was much younger, yet somehow Min knew they were the same man.

[\quote]

Min herself assumes that she's seeing more than one lifetime and she's clear that the guy she's seeing in sometimes younger and sometimes older.

We've seen many references to the 13*13 of someone tu turn him/her to the Dark One, but is there any mention of the reverse???? Like turning a  darkfriend to the light with something similar to 13*13, and obviously, leading the way to turning a chosen to the light?

That seems kinda strange to me that only the shadow can turn someone, but not the other way around. I was wondering whether that has been completely ruled out or is it an open question? (I think one could argue that the light doesn't use the techniques of the shadow, and compelling someone to the light might be one, but turning someone back to the light ought to be a "good" action)

Thanks

RJ once said that it was unlikely someone turned to the shadow could find his way back to the Light on his own, implying that it is possible to bring someone back to the Light if they've been turned, which is sort of what your talking about.

But beyond that, who would want to?

RJ once said that it was unlikely someone turned to the shadow could find his way back to the Light on his own, implying that it is possible to bring someone back to the Light if they've been turned, which is sort of what your talking about.

The Restorers (healers), I remember reading that even the restorers had problems bringing back those who were turned by Semirhage.

The Light might consider it interesting having someone from the inner core of the Shadow to its service.

One of the chosen is an obvious choice, and Semirhage might have been "turnable" since she's been kept shielded for a long time.

Another choice might be Taim, since he's considered by some to have been turned to the Shadow. Turning him back to the Light would be a pain in the ass of the Shadow with all his Warsha'man.

The Restorers (healers), I remember reading that even the restorers had problems bringing back those who were turned by Semirhage.

No, I meant who would want to turn a normal Darkfriend forcefully to the Light? Bind or sever them, I can understand. Even execute--but forcibly turn to the Light? Why would anyone want to?

My guess is Tarna. She was in the Little Tower, had walked out of the first story room just a little bit prior to when the 'woman' started watching Nynaeve and Theodrin from the second story window, and just after that she visits Nynaeve and Elayne stating that she knew they were present in Salidar despite attempts to hide the fact from her.

MB why do you keep answering peoples questions after they've already been answered? If you had something else to add I could see it but all you do is repeat what someone else already said. Or you say even less.

Plus you're wrong. As two other people have mentioned the servants recognized her as Anath which means she was using her true appearance. Or close enough to it that it doesn't matter.  :-\

There were only 18 seconds between the 2 posts, so check timestamps next time.

RJ once said that it was unlikely someone turned to the shadow could find his way back to the Light on his own, implying that it is possible to bring someone back to the Light

Sorry, if I sound like a White Sedai, but that isn't logical. It implies that coming back to the Light would take a heroic will or that repentance would not be sufficient. Maybe it is the 'salvation' that all characters prate in oaths and prayers which is required.

Sharaman, I accept your premise (HotH in between) but I reject your conclusion. Birgitte is a special case in many ways. We don't have enough information for much beyond speculation. Guess someone should up and ask Brandon.

Damer, I think that can be done only indoors, where there's a ceiling. Maybe there's a floor version. I admit that is one of my favourite weaves.

We've seen many references to the 13*13 of someone tu turn him/her to the Dark One, but is there any mention of the reverse????

Much has already been said, and I'll do my best not to repeat anything. I just wanted to add that the common belief is that no one can walk in the Shadow long enough that he cannot come back to the light. Now, believing something doesn't make it so, but I like to think that, if there's justice in the world, the likes of Ingtar and Verin do achieve redemption, in the end.

Hey I've got a question everybody,

In KOD, did Rand have Logain remove all of the Asha'man, Dedicated, and Soldiers who weren't loyal to Taim and move them to some other location?  Or am I just making crap up?  If he did, I think this might have interesting implications later on.

Quote from: Luckers on Today at 01:22:00 AM

RJ once said that it was unlikely someone turned to the shadow could find his way back to the Light on his own, implying that it is possible to bring someone back to the Light

Sorry, if I sound like a White Sedai, but that isn't logical. It implies that coming back to the Light would take a heroic will or that repentance would not be sufficient. Maybe it is the 'salvation' that all characters prate in oaths and prayers which is required.

It is logical. By simple inference those forcibly turned to the shadow were 'forced'. That forcing would have to be counter-acted in order to a person to return to the Light, and it is unlikely that under such forcing they would exert such a forcing, hence someone else would be required to do so for them.

In KOD, did Rand have Logain remove all of the Asha'man, Dedicated, and Soldiers who weren't loyal to Taim and move them to some other location?  Or am I just making crap up?  If he did, I think this might have interesting implications later on.

Not all. He removed many, and did not remove any of Taim's loyalists, but there are still men not directly loyal to Taim present at the Black Tower.

Does the White Tower have an Elevator system?

Let's face it, how many of those old women could walk up and down that many flights of stairs?

How many levels is the thing supposed to be? Counting the Lower Levels, and Dungeons, and everything.

Now that they've rediscovered Traveling, wouldn't you think the first thing they'd do is set up a safe area for using it to move throughout the tower?

Let's face it, how many of those old women could walk up and down that many flights of stairs?

How many levels is the thing supposed to be? Counting the Lower Levels, and Dungeons, and everything.

Now that they've rediscovered Traveling, wouldn't you think the first thing they'd do is set up a safe area for using it to move throughout the tower?

Haha, funny thing is that i think Mesaana mentions it somewhere in the book, how the tower should have elevators. Or something along those lines, I am not 100% sure where, but I think it is from a Alivarin PoV

Haha, funny thing is that i think Mesaana mentions it somewhere in the book, how the tower should have elevators. Or something along those lines, I am not 100% sure where, but I think it is from a Alivarin PoV

I think it's in Elaida's first PoV after she became Amrylin.

Was Herid Fel one of the Hadnan Kadere's wagon drivers in the Waste?  Apparently he did have one named Herid, who fell partially into that doorframe and Lan saved him.  Then he bolted when they got close to Cairhien.  That couldn't possibly be a coincidence right?

MB why do you keep answering peoples questions after they've already been answered? If you had something else to add I could see it but all you do is repeat what someone else already said. Or you say even less.

Plus you're wrong. As two other people have mentioned the servants recognized her as Anath which means she was using her true appearance. Or close enough to it that it doesn't matter.  :-\

There were only 18 seconds between the 2 posts, so check timestamps next time.

Doesn't matter. It tells you in big shiny red letters when someone has posted while you've been typing. Whether only 18 seconds ago or not. Check forum mechanics next time.

PS What do you think of my Birgitte slowing theory?

I think it's interesting, though it doesn't explain the Min viewing phenomena--Min has seen slowed channelers, including some of great strength, and thus great prospective life-spans, so why does she see more images around Birgitte than any of them? Based on that I would say the viewings refer to future lives, not just the longevity of the current one.

Still, the idea is interesting. We will have to wait and see if it pans out.

Alviarin mentions that Mesaana told her of them.

Mesaana had told her of another marvel of the Age of Legends that she wished very much to see, a thing called a “lift.” The flying machines sounded much grander, of course, but it was far easier to envision a mechanical contrivance that whisked you from floor to floor. She was not really certain that buildings several times as high as the White Tower could really have existed, either—in the whole world, not even the Stone of Tear rivaled the Tower’s height—but just knowing about “lifts” made climbing up spiraling hallways and sweeping flights of stairs seem laborious.

Was Herid Fel one of the Hadnan Kadere's wagon drivers in the Waste?  Apparently he did have one named Herid, who fell partially into that doorframe and Lan saved him.  Then he bolted when they got close to Cairhien.  That couldn't possibly be a coincidence right?

No, just two people with the same name. The first Herid was a Cairhienin Darkfriend, the second an Andoran philosopher.

so were the two Herid's the first people in the story that share a name?

I can't stand how no one in Randland share a name. This especially drives me crazy when Rand thinks about how his name is too plain for him to be a king.

That and a giant Tower (seen as an engineering marvel), which was created by Ogier who were too short-sighted to realize the need for an elevator system.

Those two things drive me crazy.