DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

If you did it to yourself, then you would be the only person in the history of the world that could channel.

it's a story, don't go around thinking you're going to learn how to channel. Even RJ said he hated when fans asked him if it's real.

Seriously? I obviously didn't mean me personally. I don't think I can use the OP or the Force or fairy dust. Thanks troll.

Then again, I wouldn't be shocked if Rand does it to himself for the greater good when this thing is all over.

Which would be pretty similar to what Lews did.

If Rand BFed himself it'd most likely be as if he didn't even do it. BF erases what the person has done, so he'd be undoing his own history by a few seconds and un-BFing himself.

Don't ask a question and then ignore the answer completely.

You asked what would happen if YOU did it to YOURSELF.

I jokingly implied that you might be one of the crazy fans that thinks they can channel.

Of course after rereading what I wrote I understand why you took offense. my apologies.

Here is another example of a need for a widely accepted internet sarcasm font.

You later said that you did not mean doing it to yourself, while at the same time said it would be impossible for a character to do it.

So now I'm a little confused by your first post. I'm guessing if anyone is the Troll it's you.

In trying to answer I said it's probably impossible for any character to do it.

However, I'm sure there could be a clever way around it, and nothing happening in this series would shock me.

Including Rand doing it to himself. I would be surprised if it happened, and would expect some sort of explanation, but I wouldn't be shocked.

There isn't all that much too it, in normal situations, in random things, such as dice rolls, Mat would get beneficial results more then 50% of the time. When his luck is really in him, he will get a beneficial result virtually all the time but it only applies to chance things.

ok, I didn't know that last bit, so I wasn't sure why he got that or were it really came from and all that, I knew how it was applied just not the background of where it came from and why and what it was meant to be used for, when it happens how its triggered which things it applies to...other than super major stuff.

ok, I didn't know that last bit, so I wasn't sure why he got that or were it really came from and all that, I knew how it was applied just not the background of where it came from and why and what it was meant to be used for, when it happens how its triggered which things it applies to...other than super major stuff.

Just after he got his memories back he asked someone, i think Lan about people he had been in the past, and i think it was mat who said he had been known as the gambler, not 100% sure tho.

hmm..alcohol...can the flavor be hidden easily in other drinks? Sorry I'm trying to plan part an RP but I need realistic idea...

Yeah I was being silly.  Egwene mentions a "sleepwell root" in LoC ch 15, which seems to be a sort of analgesic/sleep aid.  The "Nynaeve's Apothecary" page on encyclopaedia-wot has a pretty comprehensive list of the herbal references in the books ... the only other one that seems close to what you're asking for is a reference to "greenwort" and "goatstongue," which Nynaeve used on Elayne in WH ch. 10.

Here's the herbology page: http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/items/herbs.html

Oh and more WOT herbology: http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/02/herbs-and-other-medicines-this-faq.html

This list includes an unknown medicine that Sorilea gave to Verin which according to the 13th Depository consists of "tasteless drops which in a small dose (three drops in water or one in wine) induce sleep and in larger doses kill (Winter’s Heart, Wonderful News)."

hmm..alcohol...can the flavor be hidden easily in other drinks? Sorry I'm trying to plan part an RP but I need realistic idea...

Yeah I was being silly.  Egwene mentions a "sleepwell root" in LoC ch 15, which seems to be a sort of analgesic/sleep aid.  The "Nynaeve's Apothecary" page on encyclopaedia-wot has a pretty comprehensive list of the herbal references in the books ... the only other one that seems close to what you're asking for is a reference to "greenwort" and "goatstongue," which Nynaeve used on Elayne in WH ch. 10.

Here's the herbology page: http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/items/herbs.html

Thanks so much!

Hi, I'm in the middle of TFOH and I've noticed that Nyneave makes a reference to "Only wild beasts appeared in TAR while the domesticated ones stayed home." (I might be reformulating a bit). Has there been any explanation ever on this?

Not that I can remember. It seems a little odd or even out of place. As if it was something RJ missed during an editing, or something like that.

Hi, I'm in the middle of TFOH and I've noticed that Nyneave makes a reference to "Only wild beasts appeared in TAR while the domesticated ones stayed home." (I might be reformulating a bit). Has there been any explanation ever on this?

No. It's actually in the Compilation of Big Unnoticed Thing Theories stuck at the top of the board, as its first referenced in book four.

I'm confused on Balefire and the dream world.

I seem to recall that balefire burns out your thread and you're done. Truly finished forever.

However, I think I remember Brandon said that balefire keeps the Dark One from being able to resurrect you, but your soul will be reborn eventually.

So is balefire really not the end of all things for a person?

If Rand were Balefired, would he be spun back out when the world needed him?

Would he be able to channel like he does in every life, or would he be done forever, and a new Dragon would replace him?

The wolves say if they are killed in the wolf Dream, then they are killed forever.

Is that how it works with humans too? Is dying in T'A'R more finite then balefire?

Could the wolves be wrong?

If a Forsaken has an evil soul, will that soul still be evil and likely to join the darkside if they are balefired and reborn?

Do souls ever change forms? Like can a wolf that died naturally be reborn as a human in its next life, or a darkfriend come back as a toad?

I'm confused on Balefire and the dream world.

I seem to recall that balefire burns out your thread and you're done. Truly finished forever.

However, I think I remember Brandon said that balefire keeps the Dark One from being able to resurrect you, but your soul will be reborn eventually.

So is balefire really not the end of all things for a person?

someone that is bale-fired will not be reborn

If Rand were Balefired, would he be spun back out when the world needed him?

Would he be able to channel like he does in every life, or would he be done forever, and a new Dragon would replace him?

i would guess

The wolves say if they are killed in the wolf Dream, then they are killed forever.

Is that how it works with humans too? Is dying in T'A'R more finite then balefire?

Could the wolves be wrong?

T'A'R is heaven for the the wolves there soul is there when they are dead if your soul is killed you cant be reborn

If a Forsaken has an evil soul, will that soul still be evil and likely to join the darkside if they are balefired and reborn?
you can't be balefired and reborn but you can die then be reborn if that happened to a forsaken i think  he would start with a clean slate as long as they were actually reborn not trans...ified

Do souls ever change forms? Like can a wolf that died naturally be reborn as a human in its next life, or a darkfriend come back as a toad?

no as far as we know a soul is constant unless the DO meddles like putting a mans soul in a female body

:P cant you just see lanfear brought back in the body of a rat a cute little rat in white silk clothes and silver jewels :o ;D

someone that is bale-fired will not be reborn

I found the quote, and it answered my question:

BWS: (Sorry I cannot put out his precise words, but here is the gist) – Jordan started by having balefire do this, but he later debunked this theory by saying someone killed by balefire can be reborn at some point. We currently know of nothing/no method that will completely remove someone from the Pattern.

I'm glad to see others were confused by this too.

Wow bobo, I was hitting post to reference that same quote when it said there was a new reply...

Found Here

the quote is here from The Gathering Storm Book Tour, Scottsdale Public Library, Phoenix Arizona 16 November 2009 - kcf reporting

did I mention I live in Scottsdale and I was at the Public Library on the 16 November 2009

It was also mentioned that balefire does not mean that someone can’t be reborn into the Pattern. I was very surprised by this and hadn’t heard it before, but apparently Brandon has said it in previous Q&A sessions. Brandon said he was also surprised but that Maria was very insistent about this – so if the Dragon Reborn was balefired, he could still be reborn.

I just have to LOL and wonder cause I was actually there that night in Scottsdale AZ and don't recall that being the same answer. but I will concede I could be wrong