DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Regarding Ghosts.

When Mat is bringing Tuon and Selucia into that town in Altara, he sees ghosts, but the other don't and assume that his dodging of the ghosts is a sort of dance.

On another occasion, Ituralde is watching a column of Seanchan soldiers charging along a road and assumes that they have run down a group of peasants that they seemed not to see.

Why is it that the ghosts are not visible to everyone when they appear?

Something i completely missed is there seems to be multiple domination bands besides the one from tanchico. How did this hapen

The original DB was handed over by Domon-Egeanin to Suroth when Domon's ship was boarded while it was being taken off to be chucked into the ocean. Suroth gave it to Semirhage who had copies made. Those copies were captured by Rand & co. along with Semirhage. One DB was destroyed when Semirhage was balefired. The other copies are with some AS friends of Cadsuane who are supposedly conducting experiments with them.

Quick random question I think I may have missed when I was reading:

When an Aes Sedai is collared, what happens to their Warders?  I don't really remember an Aes Sedai with Warders having been collared yet except Joline, but that was only for about a minute.  Is there any indication thus far what happens to the Warder long-term if their Aes Sedai is leashed?

Regarding Ghosts.

When Mat is bringing Tuon and Selucia into that town in Altara, he sees ghosts, but the other don't and assume that his dodging of the ghosts is a sort of dance.

On another occasion, Ituralde is watching a column of Seanchan soldiers charging along a road and assumes that they have run down a group of peasants that they seemed not to see.

Why is it that the ghosts are not visible to everyone when they appear?

Interesting questiong. I think I'll create a thread on this.

Quick random question I think I may have missed when I was reading:

When an Aes Sedai is collared, what happens to their Warders?  I don't really remember an Aes Sedai with Warders having been collared yet except Joline, but that was only for about a minute.  Is there any indication thus far what happens to the Warder long-term if their Aes Sedai is leashed?

At least one AS in Falme had her warder killed when she was collared.

Also some of the AS taken in the WT raid must have had warders.

But we haven't seen IIRC any warders hanging around with collared AS.

In theory, it shouldn't make much difference because the a'dam is a link and warders are unaffected by linking. But in practice, damane are treated harshly to bring them into line and most of them would be unhappy.

So the warders would be upset and in pain during that phase.

About Mat and his link to the Horn.

My brother asked a question I thought deserved a post here

Mat is linked to the HoV, does this link prolong his life?

Why would it?

I'm just asking...

It's a valid question.  What about the Horn would cause the blower to get an extended lifespan?

The link...

This is not my question I was asked to post it ...an I'm not to big on the idea.

So, a couple of pages back someone asked about what Moiraine couldn't think of when visiting with Vandene & Adeleas in tGH.  It might help if you quoted more from that conversation.  I remember at the time I thought it had something to do with the events at Falme.  I don't know where my copy is right now to look up that conversation.

So, a couple of pages back someone asked about what Moiraine couldn't think of when visiting with Vandene & Adeleas in tGH.  It might help if you quoted more from that conversation.  I remember at the time I thought it had something to do with the events at Falme.  I don't know where my copy is right now to look up that conversation.

Oh, it's too long to quote here, and they discuss many subjects (the forsaken, the horn, Shadar Logoth, the prophecies of the dragon, dark prophecies, the watchers over the waves etc.). It's in TGH ch.22: Watchers. If you'd like, PM me and I'll PM back a complete quote. Anyways, if you have an idea, I'd love to hear about it.

We have no evidence to think so. So, I think it's safe to assume that the link doesn't provide any additional benefit.

We have no evidence to think so. So, I think it's safe to assume that the link doesn't provide any additional benefit.

I ask because I believe Tuon will channel. which means she will live a very long time, What about Mat?

If she survives TG.

I ask because I believe Tuon will channel. which means she will live a very long time, What about Mat?

If she survives TG.

Mat can be bonded wont that prolong his life

I think warders lives are prolonged insofar as they don't suffer disease, etc.  They live a normal human lifespan unless they get killed.  Healing might prolong their life beyond normal but they don't live 3-600 years.  Only Rand, Nyneave, Egwene(unless she doesn't remove the oaths), possibly Tuon, Elayne and a few others of the main characters will live that long normally

What happened to ishamaels body after Rand killed him in tDR, could they have balefired the dead body and cut him out of the pattern

They had no reason to at the time, and now is too late. They didn't know that the DO could trans-mitigate souls until tGS.

What happened to ishamaels body after Rand killed him in tDR, could they have balefired the dead body and cut him out of the pattern

They had no reason to at the time, and now is too late. They didn't know that the DO could trans-mitigate souls until tGS.

BFing the already dead body wouldn't have made any differnece anyways I think. DO needs only the soul to transmigrate and the soul leaves the body upon death.

What I found particularly interesting is that Ishamael died in T'A'R but it didn't amount to permanent death. It doesn't prove anything because the DO was involved, and we were never sure humans die permanently in T'A'R like wolves do, but it's still interesting.

BFing the already dead body wouldn't have made any differnece anyways I think. DO needs only the soul to transmigrate and the soul leaves the body upon death.

Good point. I don't suppose the soul would be affected since it had already left.

What I found particularly interesting is that Ishamael died in T'A'R but it didn't amount to permanent death. It doesn't prove anything because the DO was involved, and we were never sure humans die permanently in T'A'R like wolves do, but it's still interesting.

when wolves are in T'A'R it is just the soul so for them to die in T'A'R the soul is killed. when Ishamael died in T'A'R he had traveled there in the flesh

What hapened to his body though, i think i remember Moiraine saying it was rotting realy fast, but if the skeleton is stil around, Ishamaels physical dead body is the only one of the forsakens that is stil around, al the others were either balefired or blown up or destroyed by tree men. I just think its wierd because if i was Moridin, id want my old skeleton back, i could imagine a scene with him using his skul as a hand pupet and having a conversation with it.                                          p.s thanks bobo