DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

What hapened to his body though, i think i remember Moiraine saying it was rotting realy fast, but if the skeleton is stil around, Ishamaels physical dead body is the only one of the forsakens that is stil around, al the others were either balefired or blown up or destroyed by tree men. I just think its wierd because if i was Moridin, id want my old skeleton back, i could imagine a scene with him using his skul as a hand pupet and having a conversation with it.                                          p.s thanks bobo

Pretty sure that was because of TP usage.

Why is it Dangerous to enter T'A'R in the flesh?

Why/how do you lose apart of yourself?

I would have thought it far more dangerous in a dream or as a soul.

AFAIK we don't know yet. Other than that the Forsaken seem to do it a lot. Which so far is the only "evil" connection I can see. Maybe has something to do with the way Rhavin was able to change Rands form there.

i had always thought it was just a story made up to keep people from doing it but now that i think about it here is what i come up with

1. the dramwalkers can talk to some one in there dream but are at the mercy of that person

2. in 1 book (i forget what book)Moridin brings a few darkfriends in to T'A'R and kills 1 as an example

so from those diferent ways of talking to some one in T'A'R i wold assume that to bring some one in to T'A'R to kill them you would have to be there in the flesh and that made me think about

3. it would take a twisted person to do that and i would assume that in the AoL that kind of thing was done often

4. most likely rumors started then that to go to T'A'R in the flesh makes you lose a part of yourself or become a little crazy or maybe even makes you become a darkfriend

but then i thought about when Moridin and lanfear tried to get the boys to drink the wine what was that about? maybe it was like taking the blue pill or the red pill, a way to track them

i had always thought it was just a story made up to keep people from doing it but now that i think about it here is what i come up with

1. the dramwalkers can talk to some one in there dream but are at the mercy of that person

2. in 1 book (i forget what book)Moridin brings a few darkfriends in to T'A'R and kills 1 as an example

so from those diferent ways of talking to some one in T'A'R i wold assume that to bring some one in to T'A'R to kill them you would have to be there in the flesh and that made me think about

3. it would take a twisted person to do that and i would assume that in the AoL that kind of thing was done often

4. most likely rumors started then that to go to T'A'R in the flesh makes you lose a part of yourself or become a little crazy or maybe even makes you become a darkfriend

but then i thought about when Moridin and lanfear tried to get the boys to drink the wine what was that about? maybe it was like taking the blue pill or the red pill, a way to track them

1. they are only at the mercy of someone if a. that person is also a dreamwalker or b. that person has a strong emotional connection to them such as Gawyn/Egwene.

2. only masters of TAR can pull some one into TAR, and only if they have some sort of connection to them, such as Ishy and darkfriends.

3. i doubt it happened, only apprentices of dreamwalkers could be pulled in, and i dont see that happening much.

4. i reckon you don't actually lose a part of yourself when going to TAR in the flesh, Egwene didn't lose a part of herself, and Rand didn't, not because of TAR anyway...

Mogy seemed quite terrified to know Rand was there in the flesh, and yet The Chosen do it..... do you think it could be a lie?

Moggy was terrified because when you're there in the flesh, you're far more powerfull than when dreaming. Powerfull with the OP, and powerfull with the rules of TAR as well, if I remember correctly. So Mogy was just affraid that Rand (and or Rahvin, I guess that's the event you're reffering to) would blow Nyneave and her up without even knowing... as collateral damage of their fight against each other.

How is it that Rand can get a faint sense of when a female channels near him?

Why do fish swim, and birds fly? That's just the way the WoTverse works.

1. they are only at the mercy of someone if a. that person is also a dreamwalker or b. that person has a strong emotional connection to them such as Gawyn/Egwene.

2. only masters of TAR can pull some one into TAR, and only if they have some sort of connection to them, such as Ishy and darkfriends.

3. i doubt it happened, only apprentices of dreamwalkers could be pulled in, and i dont see that happening much.

4. i reckon you don't actually lose a part of yourself when going to TAR in the flesh, Egwene didn't lose a part of herself, and Rand didn't, not because of TAR anyway...

Mostly true, but why do you reckon it's only possible to pull someone you have a connection with into tel'aran'rhiod? I don't see any evidence for that.

BTW bobothebarbarian, the man Ishamael killed was there in the dream, not flesh. It's certainly possible to die that way in TAR.

No, I mean I was reading a quote where the forsaken are having a meeting in tFoH, Rahvin guesses that Graendel and Lanfear are holding the power. Shouldn't he be sure of it if every man could do what Rand can?

Mostly true, but why do you reckon it's only possible to pull someone you have a connection with into tel'aran'rhiod? I don't see any evidence for that.

BTW bobothebarbarian, the man Ishamael killed was there in the dream, not flesh. It's certainly possible to die that way in TAR.

yes i know he was dreaming but i believe Ishamael was there in the flesh to be able to pull a dreaming person in to T'A'R

No, I mean I was reading a quote where the forsaken are having a meeting in tFoH, Rahvin guesses that Graendel and Lanfear are holding the power. Shouldn't he be sure of it if every man could do what Rand can?

Rahvin could have told if one was if they were not hiding it with inversion

If the woman in question is masking her use of saidar, he won't be able to tell.

Rand doesn't, in the Stone, (TSR) until after he realises Lanfear has shielded him.

Also even if both are openly holding, Rahvin wouldn't be able to tell which one was, or if both were, though he would know for sure that somebody was holding saidar.

What Rahvin thought was:

For that matter, both women were probably filled to bursting with the Power right that moment, ready to strike at the slightest suspicion of either man.

I take it to mean he thought they were ready to counter any attack he or Sammael might try. We know all men can sense a woman holding the True Source.

yes i know he was dreaming but i believe Ishamael was there in the flesh to be able to pull a dreaming person in to T'A'R

Oh, then that's okay. Sorry about that.

Do Warders live as long as their Aes Sedai?

It seems to vary.  A number of warders die before their Aes Sedia (usually from being killed).  Some survive their Aes Sedia.  And at times, their death is immediately after their Aes Sedia's.

The ages (of both) at the bonding seems to vary also.  Some Warders are significantly older than their Aes Sedia, some significantly younger, and some roughly same age.

Or if you mean "Can" instead of "Do", that seems unknown.  I do not recall any Warder dying from old age.

Did Semirhage disguise her physical appearance at all when she wsa with Tuon?

I dont think there is an actual difinitive answer to this, but I can point to things on both sides (not very helpful I know, but may sway your own opinion.)

1. "anath" looks alot like Semirhage is supposed to look like, and she wouldnt really need to change her appearance, the only one that would notice her face was Rand.

2. When she appears to Suroth, its in a disugise, if she wasnt in disguise in the first place, there would be no need to do this, it seems that she wants to keep her identity as Anath a secret.

However, that can be taken the other way, that Suroth wouldnt know what she looked like anyway, and Semirhage wants to keep it that way.

So pretty much, decide what you like, unless theres a quote from RJ, i dont know. Personally I think she was undisguised.

MB why do you keep answering peoples questions after they've already been answered? If you had something else to add I could see it but all you do is repeat what someone else already said. Or you say even less.

Plus you're wrong. As two other people have mentioned the servants recognized her as Anath which means she was using her true appearance. Or close enough to it that it doesn't matter.  :-\

Did Semirhage disguise her physical appearance at all when she was with Tuon?

I'm pretty sure she didn't because when her tuon disguise was disrupted i'm pretty sure that the sul'dam said that she was anath didn't they? If she was in disguise when she was pretending to be anath then the sul'dam wouldn't have recognised her true form. Can someone back me up on this, I don't have my copy of the book handy and sometimes my mind makes things up.

She didnt, because when the Sul'dam saw her true appearance, they said, 'thats Anath'. Its interesting because Asmodean, Ravin, Be'lal and i think Sammael didnt disguise their appearance either, so that strongly suggests Mesaana isnt either, day to day. If Mesaana is showing her true appearance then she cant be posing as an established Aes Sedai like Dannelle, could she? An unknown, friendless brown, or a lady in retreat in the tower however...

Hi Guys,

Do you think it's possible that Birgitte will 'slow' along with Elayne?

1. Birgitte mirrors Elayne in astonishing ways; their courses and drunkenness and whatnot.

2. Min does see many lifetimes of adventure in Birgitte's aura; much more than one woman could possibly have.

3. Gaidal is a mewling infant; yet Min sees her with a young ugly man and an older ugly man who were the same person.

Maybe it's apparent, but I found no mention of it anywhere on the boards.

so that strongly suggests Mesaana isnt either

That's hardly convincing evidence. I take Graenal's assertion that Mesaana was to be more reliable than similarities between the behavior of other Forsaken (it's important to note that those Forsaken had no real reason to change their apperences, while Mesaana certainly does).

[...]

Min does see many lifetimes of adventure in Birgitte's aura; much more than one woman could possibly have.

An interesting notion, and I don't think anyone can have an answer for you on that one. Min's viewing, however, is more likely just about Birgitte's future lives (the fact that Gaidal appears in them as both younger and older than her seems to suggest just that).

so that strongly suggests Mesaana isnt either

That's hardly convincing evidence. I take Graenal's assertion that Mesaana was to be more reliable than similarities between the behavior of other Forsaken (it's important to note that those Forsaken had no real reason to change their apperences, while Mesaana certainly does).

She has to be disguised unless the person she's impersonating is her identical twin. Alvi finds the unmasked Messi tantalisingly familiar but doesn't quite recognise her. Suggests that Mesaana is using a Mask of Mirrors that is close to her real appearance (maybe just adding the ageless skin-tightening to her basis appearance).

[...]

Min does see many lifetimes of adventure in Birgitte's aura; much more than one woman could possibly have.

An interesting notion, and I don't think anyone can have an answer for you on that one. Min's viewing, however, is more likely just about Birgitte's future lives (the fact that Gaidal appears in them as both younger and older than her seems to suggest just that).

Must be future lives, yeah - since Min's viewing are always about the future and in this "life" Gaidal must be younger than her. So the older Gaidal must be from a future life.

Hey Now

What's the deal with the storm Rand *makes* in the Stone of Tear using Callandor? --You know the one that only kills darkspawn-- Can he never use such a storm agian because Callandor is flawed? Maybe with the 2 women 1 man link Cadsuane found out about? Maybe without Callandor at all?  ???

Hey Now

What's the deal with the storm Rand *makes* in the Stone of Tear using Callandor? --You know the one that only kills darkspawn-- Can he never use such a storm agian because Callandor is flawed? Maybe with the 2 women 1 man link Cadsuane found out about? Maybe without Callandor at all?  ???

We really have no details about it, except that Moiraine was surprised it was possible. I never expected it to have long-term significance, except that it was a way for Rand to use Callandor for something big, followed immediately by the scene where he tried to bring the dead girl back to life, to contrast Callandor's power with its danger.