DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Trailer Discussion Thread

Maximillion

The “one of you four” becoming, “one of you five”, doesn’t change the linguistic argument being had here a single iota. One of them being the Dragon Reborn is still true, it can still be misconstrued as including the ladies as well. Let’s just wait and see what it actually looks like when it drops. The Trollocs were fantastic and I’m digging the costume design the more I see of it in context. 

Edited by JaimAybara

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, CaddySedai said:

So in the 360

Hide contents

Youll get Moiriane, Trollocs, The Ways. Interplay between Saidin and Saidar (right at the beginning the powers make the ancient symbol "behind" you.- which is also on the floor), several bits of Old Tongue. Its actually just as neat to watch after you watch the trailer itself. Theres so much nuance. 

It actually appears again during the Aiel scene.

23 minutes ago, JaimAybara said:

The “one of you four” becoming, “one of you five”, doesn’t change the linguistic argument being had here a single iota. One of them being the Dragon Reborn is still true, it can still be misconstrued as including the ladies as well. Let’s just wait and see what it actually looks like when it drops. The Trollocs were fantastic and I’m digging the costume design the more I see of it in context. 

I really hope as more people join (like Loial) she keeps increasing. The Six, Seven, Eight... lol. Give people heart attacks on the forums ?

Discussion on the Dusty Wheel livestream speculated it could maybe be Tigraine, before deciding there's no way a 9 month pregnant woman moves like that, then also suggested Sulin. Janduin was also suggested.

It was also pointed out that the soldier has 9 golden bees on his breastplate and so is probably an a member of Illian's military, possibly the Companions. Now who do we know who was a Companion during the Aiel War...

• Community Administrator
5 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

The aiel looked female from behind

Hard to say?
I'll grant you, this person doesn't look as big as Rhuarc should be. I didn't think Gaul could be that old.

If it's a Maiden... Amys? (I can't recall which was a spear maiden)

image.pngimage.png

1 minute ago, themann1086 said:

Discussion on the Dusty Wheel livestream speculated it could maybe be Tigraine, before deciding there's no way a 9 month pregnant woman moves like that, then also suggested Sulin. Janduin was also suggested.

It was also pointed out that the soldier has 9 golden bees on his breastplate and so is probably an a member of Illian's military, possibly the Companions. Now who do we know who was a Companion during the Aiel War...

I think this makes so much sense. That we will get a battle scene at the beginning that ends with a prophecy.... perhaps a birth.... Not Tigraine for sure but could be a nameless Aiel. 

11 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Hard to say?
I'll grant you, this person doesn't look as big as Rhuarc should be. I didn't think Gaul could be that old.

If it's a Maiden... Amys? (I can't recall which was a spear maiden)

image.pngimage.png

Different Aiel in both pictures though, right.  The spear harness appears absent in the 2nd pic.

Thank you for the Rafe breakdown video.  It was very informative.  Looking forward to learning why Aram is napping.

I don't think that would be Narg in the trailer if they follow the book.  Narg smart.  He waited for them to return.  They could change that, though and have Narg come through the door.  It would not bother me as long as he talks.

Eamon Valda having a meal while watching the witch burn at the steak?  You can see a bonfire reflected in his goblet.

The 360 trailer makes me wish I had a VR headset.  One thing I was wondering is how they would portray someone with bottomless caverns of fire for eyes.  At the 1:50 mark of the 360 trailer on the dark side, it looks better than what I had thought.

Now I am waiting for someone to translate the words in the trailer.

Eyes.JPG

Lorne Balfe is on the Dusty Wheel. Some notes:

18 (character) themes

All lyrics are on Old Tongue. Some songs are only instrumental.

We got whitecloak theme!! 7:54:52 on the stream.

They recorded all over the world.

Not 100% sure about this but supposedly there's 4 albums on season 1.

Edited by DaddyFinn

For as much as they are changing it I think its simply because you can describe the Taint as "A corruption of the male half of the One Power".

Also he may also be combining the word with how the ways are described as "Corrupted".

I'm pretty sure just because its also slang isn't the real reason. Or maybe it is. But I doubt it.

That and in modern lexicon "Tainted" Is far less used than in the 90s.