DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Trailer Discussion Thread

Maximillion

1 minute ago, Agitel said:

I've no idea if there's a source for this, but if she's including Nynaeve in broad statements I feel like Moiraine is just speaking broadly and imprecisely to get them to do what she wants. 

New trailer just dropped.

Morraine 'one of you five...'

I guess if they can find another woman it can be equal by the time the show airs.

12 minutes ago, Maximillion said:

Oh dear.

Now it's 1 of 5.

So Nynaeve is also a DR candidate.

Woke wins.

6 minutes ago, Agitel said:

I've no idea if there's a source for this, but if she's including Nynaeve in broad statements I feel like Moiraine is just speaking broadly and imprecisely to get them to do what she wants. 

Gotta Agree. I think it will end up being Aes Sedai word play. 

I have been a negative nancy about this, but the trailer makes me feel better about it. 

I am PUMPED!

12 minutes ago, Maximillion said:

Oh dear.

Now it's 1 of 5.

So Nynaeve is also a DR candidate.

Woke wins.

Oh for Pete's sake, no it doesn't. Stop it with this nonsense.

Moraine does not say - one of you could be the Dragon Reborn. She doesn't even mention the Dragon Reborn.

She says, "The Dark One is waking. But there will be one who can stand against him - and it's one of the five of you."

That statement does not even go as far as to say that one of them is the Dragon. It certainly does not confirm that Moiraine believes that a female could be the Dragon. And ultimately, all of them stand against the Dark One.

11 minutes ago, zacz1987 said:

I'm more concerned about the third oath being changed. I hope they just cut the end of it off for the trailer otherwise I'm not sure how Moiraine is using the power against the trollocs.

How do you mean? I heard all three Oaths in the trailer.

Edit: Oh, I get you, the unless threatened / shadowspawn part. I'm sure it was just cut for time.

Edited by Lance Mitchell
understanding

8 minutes ago, Maximillion said:

New trailer just dropped.

Morraine 'one of you five...'

I guess if they can find another woman it can be equal by the time the show airs.

D'oh. I'll watch it when I can. I can buy Egwene being floated as a candidate, but Nynaeve? I'm more inclined to take it as just a broad and imprecise statement of Aes Sedai trickery than an actual possibility. Nynaeve is older enough even in the show to not fit the prophecy.

Um ok, so much to talk about. 

Can we start with the White Cloaks, and Emon Valda burning an AS at the stake and collecting their rings. 

I LOVE the way he looks. 

And the AIEL! WIth the blood on the spears. 

Those trollocks are perfect. 

And it literally gave me chills to see her take the three oaths. 

Loved the music, loved the scenes (especially Valda) - Totally stoked!!!!

What was Lan doing in white beating his chest - was that his bonding?

Didn't see the Aiel that @Katherine mentioned.  Have to watch again...

Finally saw some full plate armor as well.

Edited by DojoToad

• Community Administrator
8 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Oof, can't believe it took that many posts to post the link!

There's LOTS OF STUFF in the 360 view.
If you're on your computer, click the screen to turn and see some very INTERESTING stuff!

Loved it!!!

Great music. Beautiful sets. Love getting more bits and pieces of dialogue from the E5. Feel like we've seen half of Winternight already, wow!

Love hearing Lan say "Where next?" as if they have been searching in vain for years already.

Love free-framing on trollocs! Did you guys see the Bird-face trolloc Moiraine fireballs near the end?! Glorious! And Narg's sword when he is fighting Tam is brutal-looking! I think they totally nailed the designs. There's some in the woods running on goat legs, some with disguising tusks, bird-face, etc. Great job all around.

Valda is beautifully sinister—great touch with the ring collection.

Logain melting his cage!

The Aiel War—! The double-spears on his/her back! Awesome!

Is that Loial hunched over by the waygate, with curly hair...?

A dead tinker in the woods in a rainbow coat...?

As for the "one of you five" comment, I have zero complaints, and I can nitpick with the best of them! Totally acceptable for Moiraine to dance around the truth, as long as it is cleared up before long since the E5 *should* have some level of familiarity (however shaky and uncertain) with the lore of the Dragon, and confront Moiraine with a few episodes about that comment.

More to come... 

I'm doubling down on my prediction that the Blood Snow / Gitara's prophecy will be the jumping off point for the series. 

Pre-credits:

• Moiraine and Siuan arrive at the WT.
  • Raised to the accepted 
  • Blood snow / Gitara prophecy
  • Off to the Two Rivers

1 minute ago, CaddySedai said:

So imma suggest watching it on the official youtube. Its got a 360 backdrop with some surprises. I am pretty sure its also an island in the Ways.

I... have never heard of a trailer like this before. But I have to wait for my toddler to finish napping before watching. I could scream in anticipation.