DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM News:Community Round-Up: June 9

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

Welcome back to Community Round-Up, a look at all the happenings within the Wheel of Time fandom and the larger sci-fi/fantasy community.

event-cover-2008.jpg

First off TorCon is happening online this week!  Tor Books teamed up with Den of Geeks to bring a virtual convention with amazing panels.  TorCon kicks off Thursday June 11th with Brandon Sanderson talking about his latest projects!  This is a prerecorded event and only available this weekend.  You can register for this event here, or see what else TorCon has to offer!

KR-order-quiz.jpg

Sticking with the Brandon Sanderson theme, you can now take an official quiz to find out which order of Knights Radiant you would be.  The Knights Radiant are a group of fighters in the Stormlight Archive series.  Each order focuses on different missions, skills and bindings, and they also bond different spren.  I tied for Truthwatcher and Windrunner, which sums up my personality perfectly.

99374870_2974724012606085_3340663337066168320_n.jpg

The Dusty Wheel interviewed Joshua Stolarz, a cartographer, and Joshua shared an amazing drawing of the Two Rivers.  You can download Joshua’s map here.

I cannot get enough of these sword dances.  When thinking about the Amazon Prime show and how some of the sword forms will be shown, I imagine over-the-top stylized fights.  Here is a video posted by Stance on Facebook, from Taipei, Taiwan.

As always, let’s end with some of the best memes I can find on the internet.

97162471_2951820264911241_6308809707985305600_n.jpg

While I love Nynaeve's character and her growth throughout the series (and getting over ingrained prejudices), I'm sure the draw One Power was also a factor in her change of view.

98605329_10157931369080067_8824623368968863744_o.jpg

The evolution of the Aiel (as seen through the flashbacks from the ter'angreal in Rhuidean) is one of my favorite in the series.  It's amazing how just a small step each generation can change a whole belief system.

102381593_10158705945328478_6781795244905070592_n.jpg

While this might seem true on the surface, the Two Rivers folk do have the necessary courage to fight for the Light when it matters!

That's all for this edition.  Which Order of the Knights Radiant were you?  Let us know in the comments!

View full news item