DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Trailer Discussion Thread

Maximillion

On 10/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, JaimAybara said:

The “one of you four” becoming, “one of you five”, doesn’t change the linguistic argument being had here a single iota. One of them being the Dragon Reborn is still true, it can still be misconstrued as including the ladies as well. Let’s just wait and see what it actually looks like when it drops. The Trollocs were fantastic and I’m digging the costume design the more I see of it in context. 

Perhaps this has already been mentioned (I am only on pg 4 of all the comments), but for one, the "five" is dubbed if you look closely. (On Amazon Prime page it states one of 4.) It's not what she is saying. Also, it goes from Moiraine narrating "the dark one has woken, but one person can stand against him, etc." to her actually saying "one of the five of you".  She probably does say one of the 4 of you so she can have an excuse to drag Egwene along, but It's possible that snippet of dialogue was plucked out of a completely different sentence.

10 minutes ago, DragonFairy said:

Perhaps this has already been mentioned (I am only on pg 4 of all the comments), but for one, the "five" is dubbed if you look closely. (On Amazon Prime page it states one of 4.) It's not what she is saying. Also, it goes from Moiraine narrating "the dark one has woken, but one person can stand against him, etc." to her actually saying "one of the five of you".  She probably does say one of the 4 of you so she can have an excuse to drag Egwene along, but It's possible that snippet of dialogue was plucked out of a completely different sentence.

Yeah, I think this can go either way, but I will reserve judgment. I think it’s a misdirect to draw out the mystery, but then again there are some staggering rumors going around about characters so maybe they do start editing lore too? We will have to wait and see. 

17 hours ago, JaimAybara said:

Yeah, I think this can go either way, but I will reserve judgment. I think it’s a misdirect to draw out the mystery, but then again there are some staggering rumors going around about characters so maybe they do start editing lore too? We will have to wait and see. 

After seeing the new clip today, I think we've seen. ?

On 11/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, AusLeviathan said:

I mean they flat out have "Who is the Dragon Reborn" listed above the character section on the Prime Video page. They've run multiple promo's where they show Rand, Mat, Perrin and Egwene in quick succession whilst Moiriane talks about who will fight the Dark One.

Having a question appear in marketing materials is often a way to highlight something in the consumer's mind so that the consumer knows what questions to ask.   

In the video clips that I've seen where the question is asked and the other characters are shown Rand is visually marked out via separation or isolated from the other characters.   Take the standing on top of a cliff scene, Rand is standing looking out over the horizon and the others and separated from him.  The riding as a group scene, The others are riding as a group with Rand riding alone in front of them.   The outdoor table scene where Perrin and Mat's positioning balances each other out but Rand's has a degree of separation from everyone else.  Those are film makers tricks to highlight something to help make a future development make sense to a viewer. 

Some of the question revolves around "What is a mystery" I suppose.  I think some fan commentators leaned a little heavy on the "They are making it a mystery" early on.   Personally, I wish they had not leaned so heavy on that reaction.  Just because they didn't put a neon sign up pointing to the dragon doesn't mean that it is going to be all that big of a question in my mind.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, AusLeviathan said:

Personally it's a big part of why I'm looking forward to the discussions that will happen after people watch those first three episodes. I'm anticipating it getting quite heated as even mentioning the rumor on the main WOT sub on Reddit at the moment pretty much guarantees a lot of down votes, definitely up there with the most controversial changes ever made in an adaption.

Yes.  I agree.  I am looking forward to those conversations too. ?