A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question before going to bed.

Clov and Cory - what is your history of reading each other? Are you mostly right/wrong about them? 

Clov is very hard for me to read, especially in a small sample size. If I'm being perfectly honest in games we are v/v typically one of us ends up dying before I can cement my read on him haha

A question before going to bed.

Clov and Cory - what is your history of reading each other? Are you mostly right/wrong about them? 

Definitely more right than wrong, and I'm pretty sure above rand both ways.  I think he's probably more likely to tinfoil on me when I'm town, but I'd guess he's probably slightly better at figuring out when I'm mafia than I am him?

Now, what's interesting about the answers is...are they lying? Would either of them dare to lie? If they are on opposite teams that might be a risk but if they tell the truth they are sort of locked into reading each other a certain way for the rest of the game. Of course that's all irrelevant if they are both mafia but what are the odds of that.

ninjad by clov but yeah lying wouldnt work cause of the player list.

if i was cop ninel is town

If you try to argue that you contribute no thoughts and blow off multiple people questioning you throughout the first day and a half, I'm going to laugh at you.  Yes, you ramp up close to EOD - that's why I don't think it's alignment indicative that you haven't been here.  But even beyond not giving many reads, you have been far more absent from the thread so far than you usually are.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I just imagine it's not something you'd find particularly relevant. I also don't think you'd have the level of care to actually express disappointment. Even if I'm lethargic, your villager game has plenty of lethargy as well. Doesn't feel like something you'd really think. Hard to vocalize it beyond "I feel its something you'd be more like to say as a wolf because it 'sounds better'

Just my gut response to it, I could be wrong, iunno

Not disappointment in the condescending dinosaur hat sense.  Disappointment as in "I have an expectation of what his contribution would be based on how he plays, and he is not yet at that level."

This has been a huge topic of discussion in other games, but I refrain from the concept of meta arguments as being generally valid. They give you a feel for the player a sort of baseline. Someone asked earlier if "this is how sk normally plays'. It requires the supposition that the person making the claim toward me is believeable, trustworthy, and does not have an ulterior motive, but why lie about how you perceive someone play or how they have played in past games you might ask. Therein lies the problem. You do not have to lie about your perception of someone play you simply have to adjust your feelings toward their play and your feelings may describe the play in a less than objective manner or in a more nefarious manner. Which leads me to: Is clov the cory whisperer? If clov has a 100% winrate against cory!scum then I would find it maybe plausible, because I do not know if clov is scum here. (yes I am that paranoid). I do not like this dance clov is doing with cory. I did egg on clov to vote me earlier I was expecting some nonsensical reason with a hint of irony or something paired with the vote it is almost as bad as bens reason to vote me.  Ben distracted me however. I am not surprised he voted me. Scum tend to lash out while trying to remain calm and collected going for the perceived easiest path of no resistance. If he voted me initally when I claimed scum I might have town read him for it like dice. He just claimed confusion like lzm has been confused and in a frozen stasis of do nothing. birds of a feather methinks. Their are two types of way to scum hunt. Inductive and deductive. A gut feeling is merely a way to say I have played this game 100 or so times in 10 of them I have seen players do x as scum therefore there is a 10 percent chance that player x is scum. So what is clov saying in his exchange with cory? and is corys confusion warranted? So far Clov has said no particular thing of value in any which way. He pushes that cory is a complete and total disgusting dissapointment then cory says nuh uh then clov says yuh huh but it's not alignment indicative. and I'm like whuuuuuuuuuuuut. I digress.

I am not a fan of the first day as there is less to work from. I am afraid I will vote for town. I guess time builds confidence. Still a bit leary of being ignorant and looking foolish for making a poor choice.

Right now I don't have much opinion on anyone really. The one person I do not understand right now is SK in voting for self and then asking for votes. I suppose it's a way to see how people will respond, but it doesn't make sense to me. Part of me wants to vote SK just because I was asked to.

[v] Dar'jen [/v]

If you try to argue that you contribute no thoughts and blow off multiple people questioning you throughout the first day and a half, I'm going to laugh at you.  Yes, you ramp up close to EOD - that's why I don't think it's alignment indicative that you haven't been here.  But even beyond not giving many reads, you have been far more absent from the thread so far than you usually are.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I just imagine it's not something you'd find particularly relevant. I also don't think you'd have the level of care to actually express disappointment. Even if I'm lethargic, your villager game has plenty of lethargy as well. Doesn't feel like something you'd really think. Hard to vocalize it beyond "I feel its something you'd be more like to say as a wolf because it 'sounds better'

Just my gut response to it, I could be wrong, iunno

Not disappointment in the condescending dinosaur hat sense.  Disappointment as in "I have an expectation of what his contribution would be based on how he plays, and he is not yet at that level."

This has been a huge topic of discussion in other games, but I refrain from the concept of meta arguments as being generally valid. They give you a feel for the player a sort of baseline. Someone asked earlier if "this is how sk normally plays'. It requires the supposition that the person making the claim toward me is believeable, trustworthy, and does not have an ulterior motive, but why lie about how you perceive someone play or how they have played in past games you might ask. Therein lies the problem. You do not have to lie about your perception of someone play you simply have to adjust your feelings toward their play and your feelings may describe the play in a less than objective manner or in a more nefarious manner. Which leads me to: Is clov the cory whisperer? If clov has a 100% winrate against cory!scum then I would find it maybe plausible, because I do not know if clov is scum here. (yes I am that paranoid). I do not like this dance clov is doing with cory. I did egg on clov to vote me earlier I was expecting some nonsensical reason with a hint of irony or something paired with the vote it is almost as bad as bens reason to vote me.  Ben distracted me however. I am not surprised he voted me. Scum tend to lash out while trying to remain calm and collected going for the perceived easiest path of no resistance. If he voted me initally when I claimed scum I might have town read him for it like dice. He just claimed confusion like lzm has been confused and in a frozen stasis of do nothing. birds of a feather methinks. Their are two types of way to scum hunt. Inductive and deductive. A gut feeling is merely a way to say I have played this game 100 or so times in 10 of them I have seen players do x as scum therefore there is a 10 percent chance that player x is scum. So what is clov saying in his exchange with cory? and is corys confusion warranted? So far Clov has said no particular thing of value in any which way. He pushes that cory is a complete and total disgusting dissapointment then cory says nuh uh then clov says yuh huh but it's not alignment indicative. and I'm like whuuuuuuuuuuuut. I digress.

TL;DR?

Me and Mrs. AJ are going out for a lunch and then seeing IT afterwards. I won't be around for the next couple of hours.

Play nice

I hope Zeke rushes for 240 tonight.  I would have said two fifty but my five key sticks a lot.

Hahahahaha How'd that turn out for you?

Wow, Nolder. Would it be less scummy for me to vote for myself?

You should have come to Aurora, LZM. We have better prices here.

I haven't played with Cory before, so I'm not on board with waiting to see if he plays later on. So far, he looks the scummiest to me, so he gets my vote.

• RP - LEGACY

And so SK votes for me? I have not yet voted. Merely said I do not understand the reasoning of SK voting for self and have been considering voting simply because I was asked to. So my willing to consider complying as requested has marked me as scum? Just curious of your thoughts there.

And I still have not voted.

• RP - LEGACY

And so SK votes for me? I have not yet voted. Merely said I do not understand the reasoning of SK voting for self and have been considering voting simply because I was asked to. So my willing to consider complying as requested has marked me as scum? Just curious of your thoughts there.

Yes and no. Yes because I am petty an expounded answer would be something like Dar'jen is just wanting to get a feel for an sk lynch. You can vote however you want. I'm just seeing what you do. And No because your lack of original thoughts and scumhunting seem sorta genuine. Just trying to get you to post more since you aren't really throwing the proverbial gauntlet into the ring just 'seeing' what is happening, but not commenting on how something can be scum/town or why something is more likely town than scum. Or who you feel good about in general, whose posts do you like to read. It makes it difficult to get a read on you either way.

Yeah, it seems like anytime someone doesn't understand what he's doing, his default reasoning is that they must be scum.

who is scum ben?

Cory, possibly Nolder for hiding in the N0reads, then going against his own N0 read and jumping on my train for a thin reason.

Going to bed and on mobile so no long response just want to ask, Ben how do you know if I'm sane or not? Better yet how do I know? The answer is I don't. Voting against results is not abnormal in this game.

Because I'm town.

Well, yeah, if he has your role PM, that's obvious. But hey, guess what, he doesn't. So he doesn't know wheter you're town or scum. His result says innocent, but he knows that he might be insane, or just making it up. So he looks at how you're playing, and he doesn't like that.

Because I'm town.

Well, yeah, if he has your role PM, that's obvious. But hey, guess what, he doesn't. So he doesn't know wheter you're town or scum. His result says innocent, but he knows that he might be insane, or just making it up. So he looks at how you're playing, and he doesn't like that.

Nolder also asks how Ben knows Nolders sane, the above is a fair answer to that. But I think Nolder was trying to highlight the unreliability of results this game through hypothetical questions than expecting an actual answer :p

Because I'm town.

Nolder also asks how Ben knows Nolders sane, the above is a fair answer to that. But I think Nolder was trying to highlight the unreliability of results this game through hypothetical questions than expecting an actual answer :p

Yeah, I took it as a rhetorical question but answered it anyway, and then Leyrann went further with it. :laugh:

Doubt Sooh and Chris are m/m and not going to worry about the traitor unless I need to :p

What makes you think that?

A few small things, I'd expect Chris to be giving a stronger town read on Sooh at the moment if they were teamed (said without really recalling how strong, or what read he has lol)

I'd be ~surprised if Sooh gave a fake scum N0 on Chris if teamed (traitor makes this more complicated though)

The only real reason I have to think Sooh scum is her attitude(?) towards Chris, as it seems similar to her attitude towards town!me in FF(?)