DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• RP - LEGACY

BFG, thank you for biting my "rational response". I am trying to remove as much emotional response as possible as I think that us the goal of some of the posting. Let me say something to upset you, and see how upset you get.

I am hoping I am evolving, at least some, as a player.

It is still difficult for me to point a finger and make an accusation, especially when I do not see a lot of evidence to pull from. Yes, I am a reluctant poster. I do come in and attempt to interact, but there are times when I feel everyone could be speaking a foreign language and I would understand just as much.

I am here. I am trying. Hopefully, I am learning.

And I could say I am town, and true as it is, the nature of the game would have you doubting those words.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biting? :unsure:

Ok, can you share thoughts on players, even if they're not reads? Has anyone said anything you liked, has anyone said anything you didn't like?

Ignore SK for the moment, what do you think of leyrann or Ben (or someone else if you prefer)

Yeah, it seems like anytime someone doesn't understand what he's doing, his default reasoning is that they must be scum.

who is scum ben?
Cory, possibly Nolder for hiding in the N0reads, then going against his own N0 read and jumping on my train for a thin reason.

:laugh:

Sorry ben!

Why does the traitor throw things off?

Because the traitor knows who the mafia are, but not vice versa. So mafia don't know their teammates, and the traitor may try to signal, so teammate dynamics are more complicated than normal
And you think Sooh's wolf read on Clov might be a signal?

No. I think Sooh is town, independently I don't think she's teamed with Chris (regardless of Soohs actual alignment). The possibility that the traitor might signal and not knowing how traitors are likely to act stops me from using the Chris m read to rule out the possibility of them being teamed

This makes no sense to me. It looks like you are contradicting yourself by first saying that she's town and not teamed with Chris regardless of her alignment, then because you don't know how a traitor might signal or act, you won't rule out the possibility of them being teamed, even though you said all this in response to my asking if you thought her peek was a signal. 

Ok, thanks. That makes more sense, then. I don't think they're m/m, either. Chris seems more intent on game solving than he did when I played with him before, and the time I saw Sooh play scum, she lurked. This is more like the town game I saw her in, when she was active and investigating. I think they are likely to both be town.

Well, I'm back, but it looks like I won't be able to finish this game. Workload piled up too much. I'm reading at top speed right before class starts, up to page 15. So far Nolder doesn't look great cause he's trying to start a train on Sooh based on the disagreement between our stated N0 results even though I openly said I wasn't a cop. I chose that view at random. 

Does anyone have a decent amount of familiarity with LZM?

He was mafia in an ongoing game on JN. I've played with him more than I have several others here. Not entirely sure what that is worth read wise though.

My notepad is very confident he is a villager. I am less so on a personal level, but I generally adhere to the notepad, for it is far wiser than me

I'm putting a note to peruse some some wolf games for reference before committing to that read

Does anyone have a decent amount of familiarity with LZM?

He was mafia in an ongoing game on JN. I've played with him more than I have several others here. Not entirely sure what that is worth read wise though.

My notepad is very confident he is a villager. I am less so on a personal level, but I generally adhere to the notepad, for it is far wiser than me

I'm putting a note to peruse some some wolf games for reference before committing to that read

You're gonna have to travel back to the beginning of DM (are we on V8 now or is it still 7) to find those.

I haven't played a scum game on DM since 2011.