DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

Cory can you talk through your read on Chris? :unsure:

I think he'd be making the reads he's made as a villager, liked some of his back and forth with me earlier, no issue with any of his content

Admittedly doesn't mean much

No notepad notes? :(

your expectations of the amount of delicate care i put into the ~first half of day 1 amuses me :P

I have Hugh expectations lol and you best meet them :P

At least I can now remove the smilie read :p

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[v] Cory[/v]

Ok this is too desperate even for me.

[v]Ben[/v]

Heh.  His push on Cory is why I unvoted him.  The other reads he gave in his explanation post seemed reasonable enough to me, and his justification of Cory seemed honest enough that I don't think he's the best lynch at this point.  I'm not sure I would lynch Cory right now, but I don't see any issue with HIM pushing Cory.

I just see it as an attempt to cast attention anywhere but himself.

Hey, Nolder. Sorry I missed you.

This is my third full game. Still trying to grasp the ideas and I think I get scum hunting and such, but each game has had its own "element" to it, so I suppose that part sort of confuses me a bit, such as the cop and framer roles, and the insane cop. I'm not sure I get how those actually work. Trying to watch and see, and learn.

But for me, right now, trying to stick with scum hunting as that part makes the most sense to me.

Ok. I was trying to decide whether the newbie act was legit or faked but it's probably still legit. Honestly I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing half the time I play this game lol.

Your plan is probably a good one. Some advice I gave someone recently might apply to you here: if you feel lost try to pick out someone who you trust or think is town and just follow what they do.

[v] Cory[/v]

Ok this is too desperate even for me.

[v]Ben[/v]

Heh.  His push on Cory is why I unvoted him.  The other reads he gave in his explanation post seemed reasonable enough to me, and his justification of Cory seemed honest enough that I don't think he's the best lynch at this point.  I'm not sure I would lynch Cory right now, but I don't see any issue with HIM pushing Cory.

I just see it as an attempt to cast attention anywhere but himself.

Yeah, I got that.  It took me a second to get there after your response to Leyrann, but I figured it out.

That vote was made under the impression that "breaking the game" meant trying to, well, destroy it, which was incorrect, and he since unvoted.

In other words (sorry, but I was managing 3 things at once), he had an incorrect impression of what was happening. And with the impression he had, that vote is logical.

Don't care, his stated reason for his vote isn't why I have a problem with it.

Eh?

His reason for the vote isn't why you have a problem with it? What does that even mean?

You have a problem with a vote for another reason than somebody's reason for it? Only other way I see one could have a problem with a vote which is unrelated to the person giving it is if that vote is on a scum mate.

Let me put it this way. He says his reason for voting is X, I think his reason is Y.

I could be wrong but my point is that I am disregarding X as the real reason for his action.

Hope that makes more sense.

like its just hard for me to comprehend why clov would be "disappointed" in my content level, considering the whole 'ramp-up close to EOD' is basically the bread and butter of my villager game anyway

him expressing disappointment in that fashion just makes me feel like he's a wolf trying to "make a villagery, thread-based read" rather than what he'd actually think as a villager

Chris what's your read on me?

I had you just behind Niniel in my town pile earlier. That hasn't changed, and I'm probably feeling ~better about you based on your approach to me.

Then why do I feel you're trying to disrupt me (lolwords) instead of work with me? :unsure:

clov's read on me sounds more like wolf!clov than town!clov 

not specifically the read. but the rationale seems "clean". like im not sure town!clov would express "disappointment". its causing me problems

like its just hard for me to comprehend why clov would be "disappointed" in my content level, considering the whole 'ramp-up close to EOD' is basically the bread and butter of my villager game anyway

him expressing disappointment in that fashion just makes me feel like he's a wolf trying to "make a villagery, thread-based read" rather than what he'd actually think as a villager

If you try to argue that you contribute no thoughts and blow off multiple people questioning you throughout the first day and a half, I'm going to laugh at you.  Yes, you ramp up close to EOD - that's why I don't think it's alignment indicative that you haven't been here.  But even beyond not giving many reads, you have been far more absent from the thread so far than you usually are.

Tell me I'm wrong.

If you try to argue that you contribute no thoughts and blow off multiple people questioning you throughout the first day and a half, I'm going to laugh at you.  Yes, you ramp up close to EOD - that's why I don't think it's alignment indicative that you haven't been here.  But even beyond not giving many reads, you have been far more absent from the thread so far than you usually are.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I just imagine it's not something you'd find particularly relevant. I also don't think you'd have the level of care to actually express disappointment. Even if I'm lethargic, your villager game has plenty of lethargy as well. Doesn't feel like something you'd really think. Hard to vocalize it beyond "I feel its something you'd be more like to say as a wolf because it 'sounds better'

Just my gut response to it, I could be wrong, iunno

Chris what's your read on me?

I had you just behind Niniel in my town pile earlier. That hasn't changed, and I'm probably feeling ~better about you based on your approach to me.

Then why do I feel you're trying to disrupt me (lolwords) instead of work with me? :unsure:

I don't know.  Either because you're taking posts in a way other than intended, or because you're expecting me to play in a way that I keep telling you I don't. 

Hell, I don't even know what you're referring to.