DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify: I see Ley as a mostly black and white player. Things are right or wrong and there is not much in between. What do you think about that, Ley? Am I correct?

Ley not sure if you've missed this?

Replied to it somewhere on page 28, just before I went to bed. Was in a multiquote with one or two more posts, iirc.

Hi Ben, Leyrann thoughts on Dice?

Not much yet. Kinda curious that he hasn't appeared at all last "night" (what is night for me and you), as that's day for him and he was here the night before. That's a bad sign imo, but it's no way enough yet, and if he's scum I'll probably be able to read that halfway into d2, so I'm not too worried.

Doubt Sooh and Chris are m/m and not going to worry about the traitor unless I need to :p

What makes you think that?

A few small things, I'd expect Chris to be giving a stronger town read on Sooh at the moment if they were teamed (said without really recalling how strong, or what read he has lol)

I'd be ~surprised if Sooh gave a fake scum N0 on Chris if teamed (traitor makes this more complicated though)

The only real reason I have to think Sooh scum is her attitude(?) towards Chris, as it seems similar to her attitude towards town!me in FF(?)

I won´t go back and check any old games. But you say that Sooh as mafia treated you a certain way in another game when you were town and now she treats Clov the same? What kind of attitude are you talking about? 

And what does ~ mean? 

Doubt Sooh and Chris are m/m and not going to worry about the traitor unless I need to :p

What makes you think that?
A few small things, I'd expect Chris to be giving a stronger town read on Sooh at the moment if they were teamed (said without really recalling how strong, or what read he has lol)

I'd be ~surprised if Sooh gave a fake scum N0 on Chris if teamed (traitor makes this more complicated though)

The only real reason I have to think Sooh scum is her attitude(?) towards Chris, as it seems similar to her attitude towards town!me in FF(?)

I won´t go back and check any old games. But you say that Sooh as mafia treated you a certain way in another game when you were town and now she treats Clov the same? What kind of attitude are you talking about?

And what does ~ mean?

You're asking me to describe feelings and I'm British so will barely admit I have them :sad:

I think I mean buddyish(?) but it is more a feeling than a thought process I can explain. In that game I posted some gifs or something and Sooh was enthusiastic about liking them. It tied into some WIM filled posts which I decided were more important at the time, so ignored the posts about the gifs. And even knowing alignments now, I suspect those posts weren't really AI, so I don't want to read to much into it. This game she's very enthusiastic about Chris (which although obviously entirely understandable because Chris :wub:) but I don't have a strong town read on him, and although I know other people trust him more easily, I'm used to people that have played with him a lot (or at all) to be suspicious for longer, especially if they had a guilty check on him (no matter how unreliable it may be)

~ I use semi mathematically, I'd be 'approximately'/somewhat surprised but I don't feel it's strong enough to just say surprised. In this case I think it would be unusual interaction between teammates, but the traitor throws everything off

For future reference I use (?) (lolwords) and similar if I'm trying to describe a feeling that I don't currently understand, but see above about British and feelings :p

Dice, can you give me your read on Niniel and SK?

ninel is my N0 town view

SK im happy to lynch simply for claiming scum but he also seems to be taking a run at Darthes |lets say all sorts of weird stuff so people have no idea what im saying" crown. I dont see why a townie would want to be so confusing.

unless they are Darthe. I think hes just creating sooo much WIFOM. how are you sposed to get a read on him? This is the third game ive had with him and hes been different every game so far

Why does the traitor throw things off?

Because the traitor knows who the mafia are, but not vice versa. So mafia don't know their teammates, and the traitor may try to signal, so teammate dynamics are more complicated than normal

ninel is my N0 town view

SK im happy to lynch simply for claiming scum but he also seems to be taking a run at Darthes |lets say all sorts of weird stuff so people have no idea what im saying" crown. I dont see why a townie would want to be so confusing.

unless they are Darthe. I think hes just creating sooo much WIFOM. how are you sposed to get a read on him? This is the third game ive had with him and hes been different every game so far

Peeks don't matter much at this point, what's your read?

And ok, thanks

If you try to argue that you contribute no thoughts and blow off multiple people questioning you throughout the first day and a half, I'm going to laugh at you. Yes, you ramp up close to EOD - that's why I don't think it's alignment indicative that you haven't been here. But even beyond not giving many reads, you have been far more absent from the thread so far than you usually are.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I just imagine it's not something you'd find particularly relevant. I also don't think you'd have the level of care to actually express disappointment. Even if I'm lethargic, your villager game has plenty of lethargy as well. Doesn't feel like something you'd really think. Hard to vocalize it beyond "I feel its something you'd be more like to say as a wolf because it 'sounds better'

Just my gut response to it, I could be wrong, iunno

Not disappointment in the condescending dinosaur hat sense. Disappointment as in "I have an expectation of what his contribution would be based on how he plays, and he is not yet at that level."

This has been a huge topic of discussion in other games, but I refrain from the concept of meta arguments as being generally valid. They give you a feel for the player a sort of baseline. Someone asked earlier if "this is how sk normally plays'. It requires the supposition that the person making the claim toward me is believeable, trustworthy, and does not have an ulterior motive, but why lie about how you perceive someone play or how they have played in past games you might ask. Therein lies the problem. You do not have to lie about your perception of someone play you simply have to adjust your feelings toward their play and your feelings may describe the play in a less than objective manner or in a more nefarious manner. Which leads me to: Is clov the cory whisperer? If clov has a 100% winrate against cory!scum then I would find it maybe plausible, because I do not know if clov is scum here. (yes I am that paranoid). I do not like this dance clov is doing with cory. I did egg on clov to vote me earlier I was expecting some nonsensical reason with a hint of irony or something paired with the vote it is almost as bad as bens reason to vote me. Ben distracted me however. I am not surprised he voted me. Scum tend to lash out while trying to remain calm and collected going for the perceived easiest path of no resistance. If he voted me initally when I claimed scum I might have town read him for it like dice. He just claimed confusion like lzm has been confused and in a frozen stasis of do nothing. birds of a feather methinks. Their are two types of way to scum hunt. Inductive and deductive. A gut feeling is merely a way to say I have played this game 100 or so times in 10 of them I have seen players do x as scum therefore there is a 10 percent chance that player x is scum. So what is clov saying in his exchange with cory? and is corys confusion warranted? So far Clov has said no particular thing of value in any which way. He pushes that cory is a complete and total disgusting dissapointment then cory says nuh uh then clov says yuh huh but it's not alignment indicative. and I'm like whuuuuuuuuuuuut. I digress.

I've read this 3 times and have no idea what you're saying :/

Can you rephrase? If not I'll try to break it into specific questions later

But you're paranoid Chris could be town? Why are you scum reading him? Do you think his read that Cory isn't doing much is warranted? What about his vote on you don't you like? Why use such emotive language 'disgusting disappointment' etc

Why does the traitor throw things off?

Because the traitor knows who the mafia are, but not vice versa. So mafia don't know their teammates, and the traitor may try to signal, so teammate dynamics are more complicated than normal
And you think Sooh's wolf read on Clov might be a signal?

No. I think Sooh is town, independently I don't think she's teamed with Chris (regardless of Soohs actual alignment). The possibility that the traitor might signal and not knowing how traitors are likely to act stops me from using the Chris m read to rule out the possibility of them being teamed

And so SK votes for me? I have not yet voted. Merely said I do not understand the reasoning of SK voting for self and have been considering voting simply because I was asked to. So my willing to consider complying as requested has marked me as scum? Just curious of your thoughts there.

And I still have not voted.

This is a more rational response than I would have expected, in (wot kids?) game when Nyn voted town!you you had a more emotional response, so given you were under pressure in that game, is this an evolution of your town game, or is the increased thread presence an evolution of your scum game?

I've been busy with work, football, errands, and sleep for the last 36 hours, so no, I don't suppose many of my posts have been in-depth. I'm doing well to remain engaged and somewhat abreast of things despite wading through pages of long posts on my phone in efforts to catch and keep up.

Ok, can you explain your town read of Nolder in more detail? I'm missing 10 or so pages from yesterday, but even if it's in there I'd appreciate you reiterating/elaborating

ninel is my N0 town view

Peeks don't matter much at this point, what's your read?

And ok, thanks

town  that view ureself thing is classic town ninel