DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

About the naming someone thing? Is everyone supposed to do that?

General thought: game seems to be a bit more complex than usual for me, but this is my third full game, so I'm still pretty new to mafia I guess.

Thoughts on other players? Don't really have much yet. Other than curious as to why SK would vote for self and want others to vote too. Still trying to get a feel for folks.

This is an open game. Which means it is potentially a breakable game. Open games are games where the setup is known. How many town, how many scum, and their respective roles. Refer to page 1. The goal of the town or rather the cops is to figure out what flavor they are and then reveal their innocent/guilty. The goal of the mafia framers is to obfuscate the issue. The traitor is a player that wins with the mafia, but is not in their chat. And the mafia does not know whomst the traitor is. I am a fan of open games. In fact I am dogged with some of them and live to find the most optimal way to play as town in the setup. Do the cops claim? Probably not since their is no doctor, but when should they claim. The mod already made it hard for the scum with a night zero. the two sane cops are working away. You might say, but what about the two framers and insane cop? I say meh. They have to choose precisely the same person and the cops are persons they can choose from as well makes it harder for scum to win. So one must do drastic things to win this mountain of a game...Hence the self vote.

I like this. I actually understood 95% of what you said.

And you clarified something for me as well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General thought: game seems to be a bit more complex than usual for me, but this is my third full game, so I'm still pretty new to mafia I guess.

Thoughts on other players? Don't really have much yet. Other than curious as to why SK would vote for self and want others to vote too. Still trying to get a feel for folks.

This is an open game. Which means it is potentially a breakable game. Open games are games where the setup is known. How many town, how many scum, and their respective roles. Refer to page 1. The goal of the town or rather the cops is to figure out what flavor they are and then reveal their innocent/guilty. The goal of the mafia framers is to obfuscate the issue. The traitor is a player that wins with the mafia, but is not in their chat. And the mafia does not know whomst the traitor is. I am a fan of open games. In fact I am dogged with some of them and live to find the most optimal way to play as town in the setup. Do the cops claim? Probably not since their is no doctor, but when should they claim. The mod already made it hard for the scum with a night zero. the two sane cops are working away. You might say, but what about the two framers and insane cop? I say meh. They have to choose precisely the same person and the cops are persons they can choose from as well makes it harder for scum to win. So one must do drastic things to win this mountain of a game...Hence the self vote.

Ignoring the multiple factual inaccuracies of it, what do you like about it?  As far as I can tell, he's suggesting that he's trying to find the optimal way to play it by self-voting.  In what universe is that ever going to be the optimal way for town to play it?

And I'm pretty sure the bold is another scum claim, so yeah...I'm at a loss.

This is what I've compiled as far as results given so far.

N0 Results
1. Nolder - Ben is Innocent
2. BFG
3. Ironeyes - Clov is Innocent
4. Dar'Jen Ab Owain
5. LedZepMan - Leyrann is Innocent
6. Niniel - Refusing to give result for now
7. Leyrann
8. cory caboose - Nolder is Innocent
9. Clovdyx
10. Shitsure Kamimashita 
11. Sooh - Clov is Guilty
12. Gentled Ben
13. dicetosser1 

People not giving results are either cops or bad or bad cops. People who have given their result there is scum hiding their not sooh because scum are most likely to say someone is innocent. The traitor would not have given a result logicaly speaking. Call me awesome end game. I'm willing to lynch all of them. I have traitor on clovdyx I'll give you 4-1 odds that I am right. Also making a list proves you have nothing to say nolder. Death to the pretender!

[unvote]

also n0 report guilty on lzm

Yeah, that made it a lot clearer to me, as well. Thank you for that.

Ignoring the multiple factual inaccuracies of it, what do you like about it?  As far as I can tell, he's suggesting that he's trying to find the optimal way to play it by self-voting.  In what universe is that ever going to be the optimal way for town to play it?

He's sweatin. He's confused. He wants to vote, but what do. Sack up dude no pain no gain. ladies and gentlemen put this guy out of my misery. This is game 1. if aj runs this game 20 more times a optimal way to play comes out by like game 6, or someone breaks it sooner. Just because I like open games and enjoy finding the best way to play the game for the town does not dictate how I will play in game as town. I have more town reads than you do, so I say I am doing pretty well for myself on my way to letting town let me do whatever I want.

Ignoring the multiple factual inaccuracies of it, what do you like about it? As far as I can tell, he's suggesting that he's trying to find the optimal way to play it by self-voting. In what universe is that ever going to be the optimal way for town to play it?

Then where's your vote?

He's sweatin. He's confused. He wants to vote, but what do. Sack up dude no pain no gain. ladies and gentlemen put this guy out of my misery. This is game 1. if aj runs this game 20 more times a optimal way to play comes out by like game 6, or someone breaks it sooner. Just because I like open games and enjoy finding the best way to play the game for the town does not dictate how I will play in game as town. I have more town reads than you do, so I say I am doing pretty well for myself on my way to letting town let me do whatever I want.

I'm not worried about anything, I'm not confused by anything, and I have my vote exactly where I want it at this point.

Bold - Iol

Ignoring the multiple factual inaccuracies of it, what do you like about it? As far as I can tell, he's suggesting that he's trying to find the optimal way to play it by self-voting. In what universe is that ever going to be the optimal way for town to play it?

Then where's your vote?

Still on you?

I could actually see SK being town playing to break the game rather than win. I don't think that helps the town, though. This set up is weird enough without someone intentionally stressing the parameters just to see if they can ruin AJ's creation.

[v] SK[/v]

I try to help you out by moving focus away from you and onto clov and this how you repay me? tsk tsk. Nice try tony the tigger. I am okay with you dying as I do not know if you are actually scum. I'm will to 'toss the dice' and see if you are just lynch bait or actual scum. Also your reason to vote me screams desperation and panicking. Goodnight sweet prince.

This is what I've compiled as far as results given so far.

N0 Results
1. Nolder - Ben is Innocent
2. BFG
3. Ironeyes - Clov is Innocent
4. Dar'Jen Ab Owain
5. LedZepMan - Leyrann is Innocent
6. Niniel - Refusing to give result for now
7. Leyrann
8. cory caboose - Nolder is Innocent
9. Clovdyx
10. Shitsure Kamimashita 
11. Sooh - Clov is Guilty
12. Gentled Ben
13. dicetosser1 

People not giving results are either cops or bad or bad cops. People who have given their result there is scum hiding their not sooh because scum are most likely to say someone is innocent. The traitor would not have given a result logicaly speaking. Call me awesome end game. I'm willing to lynch all of them. I have traitor on clovdyx I'll give you 4-1 odds that I am right. Also making a list proves you have nothing to say nolder. Death to the pretender!

[unvote]

also n0 report guilty on lzm

what do you mean here?

and why is clov the traitor?

I could actually see SK being town playing to break the game rather than win. I don't think that helps the town, though. This set up is weird enough without someone intentionally stressing the parameters just to see if they can ruin AJ's creation.

[v] SK[/v]

I try to help you out by moving focus away from you and onto clov and this how you repay me? tsk tsk. Nice try tony the tigger. I am okay with you dying as I do not know if you are actually scum. I'm will to 'toss the dice' and see if you are just lynch bait or actual scum. Also your reason to vote me screams desperation and panicking. Goodnight sweet prince.

prepares some nasty weaves.

just try tossing me kiddo.

[v] SK[/v]

Your stated goal is to break the game.

Then where's your vote?

Still on you?

Nice. That way you can always switch to SK for a hammer and say, "But I dissed him way back on D1, guise!" :dry:

Then where's your vote?

Still on you?

Nice. That way you can always switch to SK for a hammer and say, "But I dissed him way back on D1, guise!" :dry:

shrug [v] gentled ben [/v]

Hi everyone! I´ve read the thread a little now and then. Need to re-read to see what I think about it. I´ll do that when I get home later today.

Just wanted to say that I´m looking at a photo of me and Iain Glen right now!!! (I look like a hamster but Iain looks gorgeous.) I had a great time at the Con yesterday. I had my Aes Sedai costume and my daughter was Rose from Steven Universe. A lot of people stopped her to ask if they could take a photo of her. :) It´s just great to be in a place where everyone is nerds. :D The food was crappy but who cares? I still have a photo with Iain Glen!!!! 

For the GoT fans: we learned that the cast is getting together Oct 9 to read the script together for the first time. 

See you later!

Hi everyone! I´ve read the thread a little now and then. Need to re-read to see what I think about it. I´ll do that when I get home later today.

Just wanted to say that I´m looking at a photo of me and Iain Glen right now!!! (I look like a hamster but Iain looks gorgeous.) I had a great time at the Con yesterday. I had my Aes Sedai costume and my daughter was Rose from Steven Universe. A lot of people stopped her to ask if they could take a photo of her. :) It´s just great to be in a place where everyone is nerds. :D The food was crappy but who cares? I still have a photo with Iain Glen!!!! 

For the GoT fans: we learned that the cast is getting together Oct 9 to read the script together for the first time. 

See you later!

I hope someone accidentally leaks something... I want to see it now!

U town dice?

yep. you?

I had a blue dream about a blue star
In it I drove there in my blue car
And when I got there, I met a blue dog
With a blue tongue, we had some real fun
We bounced a blue ball. It broke a blue glass
We banged on blue drums and called it bluegrass
Guess the thing I'm trying to tell you
Is that it's best kid if you're true blue

o7