DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

It looks like you want my one life to be a short one. :sad:

You said that when you die, you will flip town, but that does not mean that Sooh's peek wasn't altered by framing. Is it possible that she is the insane cop, or will the insane cops reads all come back innocent regardless of alignment?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?  I see literally no point in this.

I don't want to play this like it's a vanilla game.

I want to play this like it's a game with a cop, an insane cop, a framer, and a mafia traitor.    

You also removed the scenario where they're BOTH mafia (though that would be an interesting way to play the peeks, I guess).

I hadn't considered that actually. You're right.

I think I'm in love with CLov.

Awww I love me too :wub:

And Soohbear :wub: :wub:

duel, dual, sure.

I like to suss out how people react to things.

I thought duel was an intentional pun. :unsure:

Well, I'm heading to the pawn shop in hopes of trading a guitar I never play for a pistol I hope I never shoot (except at the range). BBL

What kind of pistol?

I bought the Phoenix Arms HP22A. The pawn broker didn't want to play my guitar either, so I just bought it out of pocket for a little under $200 out the door. It is a cheap gun, but it has a lifetime warranty. It's my first firearm, and I thought a 22 pistol would be a good way to start out and learn, especially because the ammo is cheap. I won't be able to take it to the range until Monday, though. I have to nap pretty soon before working a graveyard shift, and then I work graveyards again tomorrow, but I already bought some cheap Federal ammo for it, and I ordered a cleaning kit and an extended magazine (same capacity, but it's a little longer and should be a better fit) from the manufacturer a few days ago, and it should be here tomorrow. In the meantime, I played with the safeties and the magazine release, loaded and unloaded the magazine a couple of times to get a feel for it, and looked in the mirror to see if I look like James Bond (I don't).

It's back in the box until I am comfortable firing it, and then it will be a nightstand and range gun until I graduate to a 9mm or something better for home defense.  That might be well down the road, though. I've survived this long without a firearm, so I probably have time to learn on this one first. I do plan to get a Ruger 10/22 Take Down from Bass Pro shops while they are still running their 4 month payment plan on purchases over $100. That makes the rifle almost painless, and I always had fun shooting my friend's .22 rifle, so I know it will get some use. I like how the Take Down model comes with an extra magazine and a little backpack; that makes it super convenient to take camping and stuff, and the whole idea of it breaking down is just neat, like a little sniper rifle or something. The cool factor is pretty high on that one.

As a reminder, any firearm - even a .22 - is capable of pulling a small piece of metal through flesh and bone at an exceptionally high rate of speed.  To the point that the target, whether intended or otherwise, may die.  I greatly appreciate (and commend) your stance for not rushing it and taking the time to learn to safely operate it, but nothing you do with a weapon should be considered playing.  

On a side note, Sig or bust.

Hey guys, no time to read the thread right now I'll catch up later.

Right now I'll just drop my N0 result.

Got an Innocent on Ben.

Aaaaand there's the part where I should stop joking around. [unvote]

I swear, this derpy part of day 1 gets shorter every game.

[v]Ironeyes[/v]

Why?

Because he just dropped what he calls a joke vote on Ben, and then he drops it like a hot potato as soon as an innocent peek appears, seemingly taking the peek 100% seriously. It seemed very much like "I don't want to be caught with a vote on an inno peek".

Makes sense. Why didn't you say that when you voted?

Because I was curious how people would react to the vote.

So you would say it had a duel purpose?

duel, dual, sure.

Ok.

duel, dual, sure.

Well, I'm heading to the pawn shop in hopes of trading a guitar I never play for a pistol I hope I never shoot (except at the range). BBL

What kind of pistol?

I bought the Phoenix Arms HP22A. The pawn broker didn't want to play my guitar either, so I just bought it out of pocket for a little under $200 out the door. It is a cheap gun, but it has a lifetime warranty. It's my first firearm, and I thought a 22 pistol would be a good way to start out and learn, especially because the ammo is cheap. I won't be able to take it to the range until Monday, though. I have to nap pretty soon before working a graveyard shift, and then I work graveyards again tomorrow, but I already bought some cheap Federal ammo for it, and I ordered a cleaning kit and an extended magazine (same capacity, but it's a little longer and should be a better fit) from the manufacturer a few days ago, and it should be here tomorrow. In the meantime, I played with the safeties and the magazine release, loaded and unloaded the magazine a couple of times to get a feel for it, and looked in the mirror to see if I look like James Bond (I don't).

It's back in the box until I am comfortable firing it, and then it will be a nightstand and range gun until I graduate to a 9mm or something better for home defense.  That might be well down the road, though. I've survived this long without a firearm, so I probably have time to learn on this one first. I do plan to get a Ruger 10/22 Take Down from Bass Pro shops while they are still running their 4 month payment plan on purchases over $100. That makes the rifle almost painless, and I always had fun shooting my friend's .22 rifle, so I know it will get some use. I like how the Take Down model comes with an extra magazine and a little backpack; that makes it super convenient to take camping and stuff, and the whole idea of it breaking down is just neat, like a little sniper rifle or something. The cool factor is pretty high on that one.

As a reminder, any firearm - even a .22 - is capable of pulling a small piece of metal through flesh and bone at an exceptionally high rate of speed.  To the point that the target, whether intended or otherwise, may die.  I greatly appreciate (and commend) your stance for not rushing it and taking the time to learn to safely operate it, but nothing you do with a weapon should be considered playing.  

Haha Everyone has a favorite gun, and someday I will, too. Maybe it will be a Sig.

I definitely would not want to get shot by a .22. Even if you don't die right away, you may well die soon, and regardless, that would HURT! :ohmy: Besides, this is 10 rounds semi-auto, so I would be showing a bunch of little pieces of metal what that burglar ate for dinner. He'd be in a fetal position unless he was on PCP or something.

What kind of pistol?

Cool man, I'd like to do something similar myself although I'd be more interested in shotguns than rifles tbh.

duel, dual, sure.

What kind of pistol?

Might have been intentional. Who knows. 

I still love me some Clov, and despite my scum peek on him I still will defend him till death!

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

It looks like you want my one life to be a short one.  :sad:

You said that when you die, you will flip town, but that does not mean that Sooh's peek wasn't altered by framing. Is it possible that she is the insane cop, or will the insane cops reads all come back innocent regardless of alignment?

I'm pretty sure she would have to be the insane cop.  I assume the framer makes all investigations guilty, rather than reverse, so I don't think it would be a situation where she is sane and Iron is insane but they were flipped.

I want to play this like it's a game with a cop, an insane cop, a framer, and a mafia traitor.    

That's fine.  That doesn't explain what benefit you think there is in discussing the contradiction. 

Two and a half phases from now when we have multiple flips and an idea of who was targeted?  It would be pretty dumb NOT to discuss it.  But right now, we have minimal information so any discussion on that specific difference (or any discrepancy between peeks) seems like it's going to do more harm than good.  It can lead to mislynches on cops, it can lead to mislynches on peeks, and it can lead to cops getting NKed.  

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

I'm pretty sure she would have to be the insane cop.  I assume the framer makes all investigations guilty, rather than reverse, so I don't think it would be a situation where she is sane and Iron is insane but they were flipped.

What kind of pistol?

Cool man, I'd like to do something similar myself although I'd be more interested in shotguns than rifles tbh.

I thought about that, and you can get a good home defense shotgun for under $200 or a nice all-purpose shotgun for twice that, but if I have to shoot it, I want to shoot just the bad guy, not the bad guy and my couch and my TV and my window, too. :wink:

@Chris: Ok, thanks. It just kind of confused me, as I have not played with these roles before, and from the way you phrased it, it looked like Sooh could not be insane, only that you could have been framed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  What I was saying is we wouldn't know if she's sane and I was framed, she's insane, or she lied (as either alignment).  

That's fine.  That doesn't explain what benefit you think there is in discussing the contradiction. 

Two and a half phases from now when we have multiple flips and an idea of who was targeted?  It would be pretty dumb NOT to discuss it.  But right now, we have minimal information so any discussion on that specific difference (or any discrepancy between peeks) seems like it's going to do more harm than good.  It can lead to mislynches on cops, it can lead to mislynches on peeks, and it can lead to cops getting NKed.   

I think there's always benefit in discussion. Besides, a stagnant game is a boring game.

Just seemed like a contradiction was a good place for a starter discussion.

Better than the usual joke votes and mock outrage retaliatory votes etc etc that usually happens in most early games anyway.

I thought about that, and you can get a good home defense shotgun for under $200 or a nice all-purpose shotgun for twice that, but if I have to shoot it, I want to shoot just the bad guy, not the bad guy and my couch and my TV and my window, too. :wink:

I'd rather have the gun that has me questioning whether the pile of red goo on the floor was even human. Couches and TVs and Windows can be replaced.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

Two framers this game. If I was a framer, my list of framing N0 would probably be: Cory/Clov, BFG and then whoever. This is provided I'm not insane, which at the moment seems like a really real possibility.

@Chris: Ok, thanks. It just kind of confused me, as I have not played with these roles before, and from the way you phrased it, it looked like Sooh could not be insane, only that you could have been framed.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  What I was saying is we wouldn't know if she's sane and I was framed, she's insane, or she lied (as either alignment).  

¨There would be a reason why I got a guilty and didn't vote for him.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

Two framers this game. If I was a framer, my list of framing N0 would probably be: Cory/Clov, BFG and then whoever. This is provided I'm not insane, which at the moment seems like a really real possibility.

I have thoughts on this, but I'm pretty sure it's better withholding them lol

I think there's always benefit in discussion. Besides, a stagnant game is a boring game.

Just seemed like a contradiction was a good place for a starter discussion.

Better than the usual joke votes and mock outrage retaliatory votes etc etc that usually happens in most early games anyway.

Not sure I agree that it's any more useful, but I appreciate the variety.

If nothing else, it has me feeling ~good about you.  Really interested to see what takeaways you have from it, though.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

[v]Gentled Ben[/v]

YOLO.

I have thoughts on this, but I'm pretty sure it's better withholding them lol

okidoki

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm entertaingin all of MU voice chat with my drunkenness.