DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

I believe that's the case which makes it hard for me to believe that the current non-Sandor speculation of Loras/Lancel (who looks like he's not making it past the next episode anyway) is right. Unless Loras would rather die then be held captive by the HS, but he's been aware since season 1 not to mess with the frickin' Mountain

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A trial by combat does not, necessarily, need to be fought to the death. It is fought until one man yields - though if the accused is representing himself he would fight to the death to avoid a certain execution, and even the champion of an accused man will often fight to the death due to potential reward from the accused if he wins. The fight can also end if the accuser withdraws the accusation, or the accused confesses."

Interesting

Don't the Champions have to volunteer?  I don't remember Bronn being chosen by Tirion to fight for him, so I don't think Tommen can just be offered up like that.

Could be right. But I´m not sure Tommen would dare to say no. lol

Would be nice if they redeemed Loras though.  He's pretty cool in the books and they've been treating him like dirt in the show since like Season 2.

I agree.

tommen baratheon you son of a ***** how dare you outlaw cleganebowl

I'm never watching that show again now.

Ok, that was harsh.  I'll watch, but with a grumpy look on my face.

PSA: Why you don't inbreed

You either get Goffery or Tommoen.

So...

Don't do it!

Otherwise:

I've been a fan of Jamie since his captivity back in season (whatever). His monolouge to Lord Long Hair was amazing.

"Are you a good person?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I would do anything to get back to the person I love."

I'm curious as to what the "secret mission" was, and the three-way dialog before the masters attack was hillarious.

Also, Arya had some good scenes...Needle FTW.

I told you so - no Cleganebowl. :P

Episode 8

King´s Landing - FrankenGregor is in shape but Cersei won´t get any use of him. So sad. Not. That was a fun twist. So what will Cersei do now? Choose wildfire, wildfire or wildfire? How many will die in that fire? Exciting.

Riverlands - I just love the Hound and all of his scenes! How can a hanging be so amusing? "I prefer chicken." lol And thank all the gods, the old and the new ones, there seem to be no LSH! 

Riverrun - The scenes with Jaime and Brienne are so lovely. And combining that with the baby catapult speach ... eh.... I guess it´s Game of Thrones. The world of the grey people?

Meereen - really crappy drinking/telling jokes scene. We have already seen it and it just took valuable time from something that is actually interesting. But... I love when Dany entered. Let the dragons loose on those ships and let Yara and Theon take those that are left.

Braavos - last episodes Arya scenes makes no sense. Why did she deside to take a walk in daylight in the middle of the town? Either she is stupid or the writers are. I will say it´s the writers. Anyway. If we pretend that it´s normal to survive those injuries then it was some good scenes. I love when she cut the light and, of course, "A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell. And she is going home." 

I see that many think this is the worst episode of the season but I liked it. (Except a few things. See above.) Jaime and Brienne was great. The Hound was great. I didn´t even know I wanted to see Thoros and Beric until I saw them. Now I´m so happy that they have returned. The Hound will get a mission. And I loved the fact that Arya is finally going home. I wonder if we will see her in Westeros in the last episode.

Looking forward to the next episode. Is there really only two left? :( From the preview it sounds like Jon isn´t very happy. They have to win the battle!!! They have 62 Mormont men after all. 

• Community Administrator

PSA: Why you don't inbreed

You either get Goffery or Tommoen.

So...

Don't do it!

Otherwise:

I've been a fan of Jamie since his captivity back in season (whatever). His monolouge to Lord Long Hair was amazing.

"Are you a good person?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I would do anything to get back to the person I love."

I'm curious as to what the "secret mission" was, and the three-way dialog before the masters attack was hillarious.

Also, Arya had some good scenes...Needle FTW.

I love how Tyrion is trying his hardest to corrupt those two and get them to lay with each other...

lol So satisfying! 

When the battle ended I felt that I had held my breath for the whole time. So intense and brutal!

I love this episode. In a way everything that I thought would happen did happen. Rickon died, Starks won with the help of Littlefinger etc. But I got so sucked into the episode that it didn´t matter. I´m not a fan of battle scenes but that battle was really well done. All the piles of dying men and horses was creepy. The part where Jon was almost buried was really scary. Tormund beating Smalljon was wonderful. And Wun Wun dying was very sad. So happy that all of my favourites survived. (We´ll see if Melisandre survive the last episode.) 

Ramsay´s end was so satisfying.  :baalzamon:

And I also love the Meereen scenes! Seeing all the dragons together! Grey Worm was awesome. Dany and Yara will be great together. It´s inspiring to hear them talk about their horrible fathers and that they are going to make everything better.

Great acting all around. 

Looking forward to the last episode. How big are the odds that Cersei will burn down King´s Landing? Finally the whole ToJ scene. I fear for Sansa though. Don´t let Littlefinger manipulate her again!

I thought the Winterfell battle was a bit long, but I guess they needed to show desperation and eminient defeat before the rescue by Littlefinger. I also don't understand the internals of the battle planning; Jon knew there was a trap and ran into it, and Sansa knew help was coming but didn't tell anyone? Doesn't make any sense - you need communication in combat.

I liked the scene with Danny and the Slavers "I'm sorry, you thought i was here to surrender..." 

I thought the Winterfell battle was a bit long, but I guess they needed to show desperation and eminient defeat before the rescue by Littlefinger. I also don't understand the internals of the battle planning; Jon knew there was a trap and ran into it, and Sansa knew help was coming but didn't tell anyone? Doesn't make any sense - you need communication in combat.

I liked the scene with Danny and the Slavers "I'm sorry, you thought i was here to surrender..." 

It shows the inner-politics between Sansa and Jon brewing. He didn't let her in on any of the battle plans.. so she did so in kind, and have thus proved to be the better tactician politically by literally saving the day. She's gained power over Jon, and his men by literally saving them all. Jon pretty much fell on his own sword by charging in battle and pretty much setting them up for failure and doing exactly what Ramsey wanted. Sansa proved she wasn't going to be ruled by emotion. Jon was.

It shows the inner-politics between Sansa and Jon brewing. He didn't let her in on any of the battle plans.. so she did so in kind, and have thus proved to be the better tactician politically by literally saving the day. She's gained power over Jon, and his men by literally saving them all. Jon pretty much fell on his own sword by charging in battle and pretty much setting them up for failure and doing exactly what Ramsey wanted. Sansa proved she wasn't going to be ruled by emotion. Jon was.

Agree with the last sentence, but not the first few.  She was there for the planning, and he asked for her opinion.  Then they argued about it a little.

She did not gain power over Jon, though.  There is no power struggle going on with them as far as I can see.....just some sibling squabbles.

Agree with the last sentence, but not the first few.  She was there for the planning, and he asked for her opinion.  Then they argued about it a little.

She did not gain power over Jon, though.  There is no power struggle going on with them as far as I can see.....just some sibling squabbles.

Well, I'm not saying it's going to be murderous power struggles, but even squabbling boils down to power struggle. Given the conversation with Daenrys, Sansa wants to be listened to, but men don't want to listen. (She might make that ally, not Jon.)

Also: I think Stoneheart's coming in the finale.

Jon Snow knows nothing?

Archived