DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

• Community Administrator

2.) Arya - Having not read the books, and only followed her in the TV show, i rather liked the idea of her training to be an assissin, and thought she would carry the rose further. Weakness on her part (or strength in not being cold-blooded). However, now I'm curious as to how she will not die, since her trainer seems to have bested her every time they've fought.

They will fight in the darkness. Arya has experience fighting blind but the other girl doesn't. That gives Arya an advantage !

Hopefully we can see Arya combining her fighting with her Warging....

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we know that picture of the red "No" was actually GRRM's writing?

It's taken from the ADWD manuscript. Throughout the whole thing, all, 1,520 pages of it, George writes in red, responding to his editor's comments directly. I've seen GRRM's handwriting up close and it matches the rest of the comments on the MS.

How do we know that GRRM was not just being cheeky with an editor?

He's been trying to misdirect his audience for years

George has a sense of humour, but not to the point of whacking comical commentary into professional manuscript edits. That's when he gets deadly serious.

In this case, there was also no audience to misdirect, it was just a communication between him and his editor that no-one else was ever supposed to see. After the MS got donated and this was noticed by a fan, GRRM told them to pull the manuscript so no other spoilers would get out. The ADWD manuscript and those for TWoW and the last book will not rejoin the collection until after the series is completed as a result.

Episode 7. There is only three more to go now. :(  

The North - Lyanna Mormont! How do they do to find all of these amazing child actors? I´m so happy that we got to see her after her letter last season. Jon should be happy to have Wun Wun at his side. Why isn´t Sansa talking to Jon? Now that they are at Stannis´ old camp I guess Davos will get to know about Shiren. I wonder how he will take that. I miss Melisandre.

Riverrun - The Freys are as pathetic as they are in the books. The Blackfish was cool. Great to see Bronn again. The preview for next episode makes it look like Brienne will have a hard time convincing Jaime. I hope he will change his mind.

Somewhere in the Riverlands? - Sandor is back!!! I love those scenes. The only thing that disappoint me was that they started with showing that smith, of course I got my hopes up for Gendry. I wonder if Sandor will go after the BWB now? Or what will he do? I want him to work with Sansa and Arya again.

Kings Landing - Margaery is a good actress. I really hope she manages to fool the HS. Not so sure about it. I think Cersei has been a bit lame so far. I had hoped for more growing madness. Maybe we get more next episode. "I choose violence."

Braavos - strange scenes. Arya walking around, without Needle, in the day light. It was so obvious that they old lady was the Waif. First I wondered if it was really Arya but the last scenes makes it seem like it´s really her. I don´t get it. In last episode she was hiding in the dark. 

Volantis - I like Yara´s peptalk. lol It will be strange to see them with Team Dany. 

I felt that this was a "quiet before the storm" episode and think we will get a lot of action in the last episodes. 

Episode 7. There is only three more to go now. :(  

The North - Lyanna Mormont! How do they do to find all of these amazing child actors? I´m so happy that we got to see her after her letter last season. Jon should be happy to have Wun Wun at his side. Why isn´t Sansa talking to Jon? Now that they are at Stannis´ old camp I guess Davos will get to know about Shiren. I wonder how he will take that. I miss Melisandre.

Riverrun - The Freys are as pathetic as they are in the books. The Blackfish was cool. Great to see Bronn again. The preview for next episode makes it look like Brienne will have a hard time convincing Jaime. I hope he will change his mind.

Somewhere in the Riverlands? - Sandor is back!!! I love those scenes. The only thing that disappoint me was that they started with showing that smith, of course I got my hopes up for Gendry. I wonder if Sandor will go after the BWB now? Or what will he do? I want him to work with Sansa and Arya again.

Kings Landing - Margaery is a good actress. I really hope she manages to fool the HS. Not so sure about it. I think Cersei has been a bit lame so far. I had hoped for more growing madness. Maybe we get more next episode. "I choose violence."

Braavos - strange scenes. Arya walking around, without Needle, in the day light. It was so obvious that they old lady was the Waif. First I wondered if it was really Arya but the last scenes makes it seem like it´s really her. I don´t get it. In last episode she was hiding in the dark. 

Volantis - I like Yara´s peptalk. lol It will be strange to see them with Team Dany. 

I felt that this was a "quiet before the storm" episode and think we will get a lot of action in the last episodes. 

North - I actually found the 10 year old annoying (as i find most 10 year olds...), why was she strutting about withholding 62 men? It was pointless drama; the only thing it showed was that the north was divided and not solidly behind house stark anymore (though that was more in the second recruiting scene).

...okay, i take that back, it was nessarcy to show them groveling before a tween to show how desperate their situation is. Do we know who Sansa sent a raven to? I assume Little Finger?

Riverrun - I like Jamie...best line in episode "yes, i know; don't say it!"

Sandor -> waste of screen time; he had "given up violence" and the people around him were killed, so he's gonna start killing again. Smart move, but that was 20 minutes of screen time...

Kings Landing -> Marge is not to be under estimated; I'm assuming her plan is to bring down the Lanisters, which should be interesting...

Braavos -> Stomach wounds aren't fast killing, nor are they painless; in fact it's a painful bleed-out, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work. She survived, but will need help to heal and recover so...who knows?

I like the part about getting ships to danny. 

Rage.

• Community Administrator

Potentially great, if they can get the army back before her uncle builds ships.. Last thing we need is for Dany's army to be sunk at sea...

Get hype CLEGANEBOWL 2016

I don´t think this episode gave us any indications of Cleganebowl. Sandor is not a follower of the Seven, so why would High Sparrow want him as a champion? 

I'm still rooting for it, though.

I don´t think this episode gave us any indications of Cleganebowl. Sandor is not a follower of the Seven, so why would High Sparrow want him as a champion? 

Brother Ray was, fwiw, even if he had a weird hippie commune

And kept telling Sandor that the Gods had a plan for him etc.

He has plenty of time to somehow end up in King's Landing

Well it gave us two.

First and foremost Sandor is alive. You can't have Cleganebowl with only one Clegane zombie though he may be.

Secondly I think his buddy the one who was talking about killing a mothers son left some sort of religious impression on Sandor. He didn't seem to adhere to any specific faith but all it will take is for Sandor to meet a strong personality from the High Sparrows crowd and he'll fall in line and be shuffled off to join the Faith Militant in Kings Landing.

Archived