DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

No Stoneheart. Please. I never liked her and I think it's too late to introduce her anyway.

Just rewatched the episode. I love how Yara was flirting with Dany. The fight was as horrible the second time as the first.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Stoneheart. Please. I never liked her and I think it's too late to introduce her anyway.

Just rewatched the episode. I love how Yara was flirting with Dany. The fight was as horrible the second time as the first.

I'll rewatch tonight.

I thought the Yara/Dany scene was ... bold on Yara's part.

• Community Administrator

But who would have brought her back? Thoros? If so we would have seen it already.

I believe Brienne is in the perfect position right now to run into Lady Stoneheart. If not her, I could also see them using another version of Stoneheart that Brienne runs into.  (Clegan maybe? Do we know exactly where in Westeros he is in relation to Brienne?)

Someone had to revive her though

We literally just saw Berric, and I doubt the show just throws a "oh she was revived by Thoros offscreen during season 4" thing.

Considering the Freys look like they are getting their comeuppance next episode, I highly doubt the show has time to work in LSH and there doesn't seem to be much of a need for her anyway

But who would have brought her back? Thoros? If so we would have seen it already.

I believe Brienne is in the perfect position right now to run into Lady Stoneheart. If not her, I could also see them using another version of Stoneheart that Brienne runs into. (Clegan maybe? Do we know exactly where in Westeros he is in relation to Brienne?)
Clearly Clegane and Brienne are going to run into one another. Hound was almost killed by Brienne. Hound is with Brotherhood without Banners. Brienne just left Turin Riverrun near which the Brotherhood are also based. It writes itself.

Stoneheart or not, Brienne is definitely going to meet Clegane again. I will eat my hat if they don't

It would be great. Sandor killed Beric, who he is now "friend" with. And Brienne almost killed Sandor. They can be a big happy family. :D

(We only miss Arya.)

Until she comes back next season...

Jon knew there was a trap and ran into it, and Sansa knew help was coming but didn't tell anyone? Doesn't make any sense - you need communication in combat.

Jon was baited. He just saw his brother die. I mean it's stupid yeah but a trap like that is pointless if it's not effective. What Ramsey did was actually brilliant because once Jon was out there he had the archers fire to prevent his escape. Only because Davos abandoned the plan and let the army loose on a charge to save Jon did Jon survive.

Sansa had absolutely no way of knowing Littlefinger was coming until he came.

Ugh! There is a theory going around that Ramsay saying "I'm a part of you now" to Sansa means she's pregnant. NOT MY GINGER QUEEN!

Seen it. It's retarded. This is like the theory that had people believing one of the random knights of the vale charging was jon snow based on a screenshot of the trailer for this season.

Jon knew there was a trap and ran into it, and Sansa knew help was coming but didn't tell anyone? Doesn't make any sense - you need communication in combat.

Jon was baited. He just saw his brother die. I mean it's stupid yeah but a trap like that is pointless if it's not effective. What Ramsey did was actually brilliant because once Jon was out there he had the archers fire to prevent his escape. Only because Davos abandoned the plan and let the army loose on a charge to save Jon did Jon survive.

Sansa had absolutely no way of knowing Littlefinger was coming until he came.

Sansa told Jon he was going to be bait. The flaming pilons were clearly range-gauges. Sansa said "Recon is dead"; Jon should have let him die (also, run in zig-zags...)...and stuck with the plan.

I think a lot of what GoT explores is that leadership and critical decision making are very different things.

There's a long list of dead kings or would-be kings who were great at rallying people and inspiring their constituents (Robert Baratheon when he led the initial rebellion [though he was forever changed by Lyanna's death], both Robb and Ned, Renly, of living people both Jon and Dany) but not necessarily the most practical and effective rulers. Dany has been learning, but her pairing specifically with Tyrion is what has changed her into a more complete ruler, as while Tyrion is not loved by the people, he understands the "game".

Generally rulers who don't learn "the game" tend to die because of it, IE Robb's whole arc is foreshadowed by his continual decisions that place his personal sense of honor and justice over the practical advice of others.

People like Balon and Stannis were the opposite: better decision makers who knew how to maneuver (Stannis the general, Balon the opportunist) but had so little control over their constituents because they were poor leaders and tolerated instead of loved by their people.

I think it's incredibly cool that it is Sansa who seems to be playing this role to Jon considering how Sansa was at the start of the series. Jon rallies and inspires men and is beloved by the majority of people who follow him, but he now understands the importance of listening to someone like Sansa who understands the political ramifications of Jon's actions.

Also very interesting to see how Yara/Theon will play out. It seems again to be another balancing act, as Yara is practical but headstrong yet seems to be learning to be more compassionate through Theon's forcibly developed humility.

The Tyrells are a cute study too, since the females seem to understand both elements of rule: having the support of your constiuents and also correctly maneuvering politically.

Their undoing might be the fact that their high level of ambition made them align with the Lannisters, who are not good at any elements of ruling post-Tywin's death and have put themselves in close proximity with Cersei, who might be the worst person in Westeros outright.

I think a lot of what GoT explores is that leadership and critical decision making are very different things.

There's a long list of dead kings or would-be kings who were great at rallying people and inspiring their constituents (Robert Baratheon when he led the initial rebellion [though he was forever changed by Lyanna's death], both Robb and Ned, Renly, of living people both Jon and Dany) but not necessarily the most practical and effective rulers. Dany has been learning, but her pairing specifically with Tyrion is what has changed her into a more complete ruler, as while Tyrion is not loved by the people, he understands the "game".

Generally rulers who don't learn "the game" tend to die because of it, IE Robb's whole arc is foreshadowed by his continual decisions that place his personal sense of honor and justice over the practical advice of others.

People like Balon and Stannis were the opposite: better decision makers who knew how to maneuver (Stannis the general, Balon the opportunist) but had so little control over their constituents because they were poor leaders and tolerated instead of loved by their people.

I think it's incredibly cool that it is Sansa who seems to be playing this role to Jon considering how Sansa was at the start of the series. Jon rallies and inspires men and is beloved by the majority of people who follow him, but he now understands the importance of listening to someone like Sansa who understands the political ramifications of Jon's actions.

This whole difference in leadership and decision making is captured beautifully in the book between the two brothers - Oberyn Martell and Doran Martell. Oberyn was a wild one, who wouldn't plan things but rush headlong into whatever the conflict is. While Doran is a cunning, shrewd tactician who thinks a lot before taking any action. The Doran character was not well developed or portrayed in the TV series, but in the books, he has layers and layers of plans and has a plan B for all his plans.

Archived