DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 6 (Spoilers)

Nolder

Speculations for the next episode. 

In one of the trailers it looks like Meera and Bran will be saved by someone on a horse that have some kind of fire ball thing. Who is it? Is it Benjen? I so want it to be Benjen.

I think its pretty much has to be him or Coldhands or he is Coldhands.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good episode. It´s of course overshadowed by last weeks episode but what could beat Hold the door? 

North of the Wall - Benjen!!! I´m so happy we got to see him. What is he now? Dead? Living? He should have been dead/a wight but the children saved him. Bran´s visions were great. I wonder about the wild fire. Is it a sign that you can use that against the wights? Or will we get mad Cercei burning down the Red Keep? I think Ellie played great. She has played great in all of her episodes. I hope there will be a time for thinking about and missing Hodor. 

The Twins - Walder Frey! Isn´t he a nice old man. lol It will be fun to see Freys, Jaime, Bronn, Brienne, Pod, Blackfish, Edmure and the Brotherhood at Riverrun. Maybe we will see the Hound as well?

Kings Landing - poor Tommen! (I write that every week.) Can someone just remove him from the throne. Margaery has a plan but I don´t understand it.

Hornhill - love the scenes at Hornhill. Sam is one of my favourite characters. Gilly did a great job standing up for herself and Sam. And Sam took the sword. I don´t think his father will be too pleased when he finds out. This family dinner almost beat the Bolton family dinner. lol Never go to a wedding or a dinner in Westeros. 

Braavos - Arya is truly back, and Needle! 

Dothraki sea - I like this scene. Drogon has gotten biiiiiig!

Another good episode. It´s of course overshadowed by last weeks episode but what could beat Hold the door? 

North of the Wall - Benjen!!! I´m so happy we got to see him. What is he now? Dead? Living? He should have been dead/a wight but the children saved him. Bran´s visions were great. I wonder about the wild fire. Is it a sign that you can use that against the wights? Or will we get mad Cercei burning down the Red Keep? I think Ellie played great. She has played great in all of her episodes. I hope there will be a time for thinking about and missing Hodor. 

The Twins - Walder Frey! Isn´t he a nice old man. lol It will be fun to see Freys, Jaime, Bronn, Brienne, Pod, Blackfish, Edmure and the Brotherhood at Riverrun. Maybe we will see the Hound as well?

Kings Landing - poor Tommen! (I write that every week.) Can someone just remove him from the throne. Margaery has a plan but I don´t understand it.

Hornhill - love the scenes at Hornhill. Sam is one of my favourite characters. Gilly did a great job standing up for herself and Sam. And Sam took the sword. I don´t think his father will be too pleased when he finds out. This family dinner almost beat the Bolton family dinner. lol Never go to a wedding or a dinner in Westeros. 

Braavos - Arya is truly back, and Needle! 

Dothraki sea - I like this scene. Drogon has gotten biiiiiig!

Now that I think about it Margaery's plan is to wreck the lanisters and take the power of her house for herself; she might not be the actual ruler, but she has tommen wrapped completely around her thumb.

I was hoping, based off trailers, that we'd see some mass-blood-letting of the monks, because, you know, everyone hate religous fenatics and it's fun to see them die.

I honestly didn't pay attention to the small-houses-fighting-each other subplot; i can't see what baring it will have on the whole story.

I really think they're setting Dany up to be the next Aerys Targaryen. Her whole speech to the Dothraki I was cringing at the destruction her horde will wreak on Westeros.

I'm not sure if they will do it or not but listening to her speech in the same episode that Aerys screams "burn them all" probably means something.

What exactly do you mean by small houses Tyzack?

As for the struggles between Stark/Bolton/Lannister/Tyrell, that could have a huge impact on the plot given the implications for what kind of resistance the White Walkers and Dany can expect.  I'm not exactly impartial, but Stark taking back the North would probably be best for Westeros, as the North would then stand with the Night's Watch against the White Walkers and the Starks would not be entirely unwilling to bend the knee to Dany (Their main gripe with the Iron Throne is with the Lannisters, and there is precedent in the case of Torrhen Stark.  As for the situation south of the Neck, Margaery's maneuver has the potential to get rid of a lot of the infighting there at the cost of reducing the power of the Great Houses, although leaving them with some influence (particularly in the case of House Tyrell).

I really think they're setting Dany up to be the next Aerys Targaryen. Her whole speech to the Dothraki I was cringing at the destruction her horde will wreak on Westeros.

Daario: You're a Conqueror

Dany: Oh yeah, WHAR MY DRAGONZ?

As for the struggles between Stark/Bolton/Lannister/Tyrell, that could have a huge impact on the plot given the implications for what kind of resistance the White Walkers and Dany can expect.  I'm not exactly impartial, but Stark taking back the North would probably be best for Westeros, as the North would then stand with the Night's Watch against the White Walkers and the Starks would not be entirely unwilling to bend the knee to Dany (Their main gripe with the Iron Throne is with the Lannisters, and there is precedent in the case of Torrhen Stark.  As for the situation south of the Neck, Margaery's maneuver has the potential to get rid of a lot of the infighting there at the cost of reducing the power of the Great Houses, although leaving them with some influence (particularly in the case of House Tyrell).

In general I'm all for the "North" uniting to fight the white-walkers, while the lannisters rule the south and Dany comes, mainly targetting the lanisters, allies with the starks to fight the zombies, etc...but that's an aside.

By "small house" I mean "grimmey old men in pourly lit castles whom i can barely differentiate." 

Daario: You're a Conqueror

Dany: Oh yeah, WHAR MY DRAGONZ?

That was fun.

In general I'm all for the "North" uniting to fight the white-walkers, while the lannisters rule the south and Dany comes, mainly targetting the lanisters, allies with the starks to fight the zombies, etc...but that's an aside.

By "small house" I mean "grimmey old men in pourly lit castles whom i can barely differentiate." 

So basically everyone in the North and maybe the Riverlands too? :P

Sounds about right.

[it's nothing about the series; i skimmed over  any non-Rand/Perrin/Mat/Elyange/Egene/Nyn/Min/Av, chapter in WoT as well, and i started skipping most of Perrins stuff too on his "go find the prophet/Faile plot"].

So... the Night King might be so hard on for killing Bran, because his future self is probably slain as a direct consequence of Brans actions (Say.. Mad King leads to the events that cause the night kings final death?) and if he can kill Bran before Bran makes said changes (that have already happened, the world will be caught completely unprepared for the Night King? No Jon snow, no No Queen of the Dragons Danny... no lightbringer or whatever it's called...

Possibly, if the Night King doesn't understand how it works. If he did, he'd already know that it was futile.

I think its pretty much has to be him or Coldhands or he is Coldhands.

This got confused, but it appears that the producers wanted him to be Coldhands on the show. However, it's already been confirmed by GRRM that Benjen is not Coldhands in the book. He's someone else (and ADWD says he has been dead for a long, long time, longer than the c. 2 years that Benjen has bee MIA).

Re watched:

1.) My original theory on margery/tommin are reenforced - she's a very sly power-grabber and is doing this to secure herself as head of her house/effective ruler of the 7 kingdoms, and tommin is her pawn. Cersie knows this and is trying to figure out how to counter.

[not that it matters, whoever is ruling will the killed when the dragons arrive]

2.) Arya - Having not read the books, and only followed her in the TV show, i rather liked the idea of her training to be an assissin, and thought she would carry the rose further. Weakness on her part (or strength in not being cold-blooded). However, now I'm curious as to how she will not die, since her trainer seems to have bested her every time they've fought.

3.) I liked Danny getting back on her dragon, but found the speach to not be very good, but, whatever.

4.) Sam etc - cool that he got his sword, see next comment

5.) Old men in poorly lit buildings - Don't care.

6.) One handed guy going to kill old men in poorly lit castles - won't care, other than that now it's putting him in conflict with the starks again.

2.) Arya - Having not read the books, and only followed her in the TV show, i rather liked the idea of her training to be an assissin, and thought she would carry the rose further. Weakness on her part (or strength in not being cold-blooded). However, now I'm curious as to how she will not die, since her trainer seems to have bested her every time they've fought.

They will fight in the darkness. Arya has experience fighting blind but the other girl doesn't. That gives Arya an advantage !

Archived