DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

I'm totally confused. As a noob I've been trying to figure out what's going on lol. Sorry for being quiet. I didn't know this game would be so quick. I don't know who to choose!

This seems genuine but just engage in discussions and give your views more. This game becomes hard when town doesn't put the work in needed to win. And in this case mafia have a handicap so we need to make the most of it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying :wink:

*snip*

I'm not unwilling to vote. Right now I'm just trying to see what happens. 

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

Clov, I'm sorry, but I need some more time and experience in reading you. 

It's not giving up. There is almost literally no way the vote will go differently in the amount of time left. It's just acceptance of what is an inevitable fate at this point. 

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (1): Lessa
RTE (4): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine
Lessa (1): Razen

Rhea (1): RTE

Dice (1): BFG

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IN 25 MINUTES

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

No lynch: Dice

Not Voting (7): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

Thanks Sooh

To summarise (imo)

Taborline (1): Potential role fish, bad push on Sooh

RTE (4): Defence of Tabor (tone of that post was strange, but imo RTE's content likely makes him town, although read is tempered because he's controlling his emotions for #reasons, and also his vote on Rhea doesn't make a lot of sense)

Lessa (1): Opportunistic vote on Tabor

Rhea (1): Not backing up her thoughts with a vote?

Dice (1): Seemingly concerned with people's opinions, Town!Dice just isn't. Also isn't obvious town yet and Dice is very good at being obvious town when town (worth noting that Laine disagres with me and thinks Dice is obvious town :dry:)

No lynch (1): is a bad idea

Actually RTE talk me through that again... You're voting Rhea because she ISN'T voting you??? What???

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

No lynch: Dice

Not Voting (7): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

Thanks Sooh

To summarise (imo)

Taborline (1): Potential role fish, bad push on Sooh

RTE (4): Defence of Tabor (tone of that post was strange, but imo RTE's content likely makes him town, although read is tempered because he's controlling his emotions for #reasons, and also his vote on Rhea doesn't make a lot of sense)

Lessa (1): Opportunistic vote on Tabor

Rhea (1): Not backing up her thoughts with a vote?

Dice (1): Seemingly concerned with people's opinions, Town!Dice just isn't. Also isn't obvious town yet and Dice is very good at being obvious town when town (worth noting that Laine disagres with me and thinks Dice is obvious town :dry:)

No lynch (1): is a bad idea

Actually RTE talk me through that again... You're voting Rhea because she ISN'T voting you??? What???

Yes, I quoted that post, along with Clov's following post where he pointed it out. She's not trying to make any ripples in the water. Names me her top suspect and for what? No vote to back it up. In a game where everyone has been voting quite liberally on their top reads, yes this strikes me as odd.

I know from my time in playing actual mafia in person, to throw off the town they would vote for somebody that's mafia right. It's to get everybody off track. I mean how do you vote. Vote for somebody with the majority vote or no one! Ugh so hard

All the quote formatting got deleted as I was going through things.  So this is going to look rather messy.

I'll start with Lessa.

What are your thoughts on Lessa and why?

I don't really have a lean either way on Rhea yet either.  And I think that Taborline has handled the situation pretty well, and is coming across to me as town at this point.

I'm getting a town feeling from RTE too, but Dice and Lessa are towards the bottom of my reads list.

I'm open to discussing anything you'd like to.

Also can you take me through your take on Dice?

Lessa - I don't like the way that she swooped in on Taborline and voted her, and subsequently noting that she hadn't seen the first vote.  The tone of her post after I voted her makes me think that if she had seen the first vote, she wouldn't have put the third vote on Taborline.  It's not a whole lot to go on, admittedly.  But it did stick out to me - if she hadn't mentioned the fact she hadn't missed the fact there were two votes, I'd have felt a bit more neutral on her.

This is Lessa's post after I'd voted her.

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

Dice is more complicated.  I had initially liked his responses to Clov, because I agreed with his analysis of the Cairos situation.  I liked that he's pushing people to answer questions too.  But the reason I have him towards the bottom is because of his proposal of the no lynch coupled with what BFG pointed out with his answers towards Taborline. 

I'm the camp with BFG on this one -  no lynch is a bad idea as town.  I don't like the idea of letting the scum team dictate what information we have.  By choosing to no lynch at this point, that's exactly what we would be doing.  We'd pass up a chance to get a flip that emerges as the result of what at least a plurality of voting players want, if not a majority.  It also seems to me like it would be a good way for discussion to return right back to where it was today, with little emerging as a result.  I can't see why any town player would want that to happen.

And BFG summed up the part regarding his answers well.  If I go back, I remember him saying something along the lines of wanting to let her get her feet wet in the game, but that the new player card would get torn up because Taborline had said she'd played elsewhere.  And yet there's no vote on Taborline, because she did say she had played other games, albeit on a different site.

@Dice

You asked RTE to answer questions, you hadn't asked any. It's a minor discrepency in your post; as is forgetting Laine at the bottom. I even said they were minor at the time.

I'm not trying to tell a narrative? I'm saying it sounds like you are.

You literally say in your original post

"Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it"

and just said

"I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her."

Which is precisely why I have a problem. If Town!you wants to vote, you'll vote so why should other peoples voing even enter your head here?

If you didn't vote because you wanted her to answer whether or not she had experience then why add the bit about people already voting? The fact that you did means that you're aware of the fact that people voted her and are possibly(?) wary of joing the train.

You're working to justify a potential vote, which is something I've seen you do more as mafia than town.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

You're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

No Vote is absolutely a bad idea. Currently we're at 10v3, assuming a lynch and NK every day that gives us 4 mislynches before losing. Numerically we still get 4 mislynches if we No lynch today, BUT we end on mylo instead of lylo and that's generally worse for town. It also means we start tomorrow in a similar position to today and people are saying that they're finding it hard to post without much info.

[v]Dice[/v]

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her.

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation? I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE? His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it. Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes think i missed something

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Dice (3): BFG, Sooh, RTE

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Cairos

DEADLINE IN 25 MINUTES

Updated

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Dice (4): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen

No Lynch (1) Dice

DEADLINE IN 25 MINUTES

Updated

Updated again

Push the quiet ones :ph34r: Need to hold people to a good standard of participation. With no day chat the scum team will suffer during the day if you push them hard enough

This is true. It is vital that Town, especially the VTs post more.

It is significantly harder for mafia to post in an active thread, particularly without day chat.

As VT the goal isn't to stay alive, the goal is to win and you win with town even if dead. Mislynches are sometimes necessary to narrow POE, night kills are always going to happen (no doc), SO make your death COUNT. You do this by posting.

Sigh

I agree with what you're saying here, but the first line makes me wonder if you didn't just town spew RTE. It sort of reads to me like you know he's not going to flip mafia...

Please don't break my heart this game. :(

Look at the PC, Laine and I are the only people with more posts than the mod (accepting there was an unusual amount of banter during N0). Given that I consider people with less posts than the mod quiet I think it's safe to assume there are a majority of quiet VTs

I'm a little worried at the moment you're going to break mine. Why are you being so cautious?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Dice (3): BFG, Sooh, RTE

No Lynch (1) Dice

DEADLINE IN 25 MINUTES

Updated

You coulda just pointed out that I got ninja'd by Sooh's vote... I am here and ready to post a new vote count momentarily >.>

*snip*

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

I was being silly, don't sweat it.

I'm more confident that Dice is mafia than my other reads, but NOT Pokémon sure so don't know to really push it or not tbh.

*snip*

I was being silly, don't sweat it.

I'm more confident that Dice is mafia than my other reads, but NOT Pokémon sure so don't know to really push it or not tbh.

I'm feeling the same way at the moment. 

BFG, you didn't mention Lessa in your reads list. Did you have a read on her?

Null, just ISO'd though and meh, still null.

Think she misunderstood the 'throw in the towel' stuff (or I did :rolleyes: as I;m pretty sure that that was in relation to why Jagen quit?)

The vote could well be opportunistic, there's an awkward bit with awareness of votes, phrases/assumptions made that don't match the experience I thought she had?

Basically need more info.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from 2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

First bold - does anyone know how much experience Lessa has? I thought she was pretty new, in which case normal reaction of town seems odd. If she's played before disregard this entirely

Second bold - I don't know if it's just awkwardly phrased or not, but I don't understand what she means. If she thinks Tabor is trying to get Sooh to throw in the towel and finds Jagen scummy for it then logically Sooh must be town? But she said whatever Sooh's alignment?

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

It doesn't matter if it's new information, but at the moment there's nothing to show what you think or feel and that makes it impossible to read you. If you agree with somebody say what you agree with, if you disagree with something likewise.

Sorry for the WoT but I don't know the coding for the spoiler button.

Yes I have played here before but it had been a very, very long time.

I phrased that awkwardly and I apologize. I was trying to work out the thought process for someone to say "throwing in the towel". Upon rereading I now see that Taborline didn't mean it how I had thought she did when I first read it.

As for agreeing/disagreeing with things already said, I've never been one to like it. I'm terrible at writing essays for uni because of it as I don't see the point in restating something multiple times in slightly various ways.

I don't like how RTE is jumping to the defense of a few people and then never really going back to it.

Unvote

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Yup, this is true. Dice's play is inconsistent to me. You can't use activity to read him, nor his reactions or propensity to be defensive. The no lynch choice is beyond me, that I really don't get from him.

Archived