DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

Let me just say this.  Lessa looks really, really bad right now.  Scum!Lessa does exactly what would be expected - tries to help her teammate out by putting the tying vote on RTE and letting the lynch go random.  It could have worked too, if random.org hadn't decided on Dice.  I don't see any reason for Town!Lessa to have put a vote on like that at the last minute, especially when the person that would have gotten lynched without a random was scum.  Her explanation of why she voted RTE at the last minute also reeks. 

@Clov: I had not intended my vote to be last minute. I was in the process of going through the game and finding the post of RTE's that didn't sit well with me when I saw how close it was to deadline. As a post explaining why I voted RTE would have taken me much longer to type than I had, I thought it best to vote then, and if I lived through the night, explain myself at that point. I didn't vote RTE when I unvoted because I was uncertain of who to vote for and was reading through the thread

Deadline????  I don't buy it.  You sent it to a random lynch, so I have to ask, why did you vote RTE, knowing that the lynch would have gone random as a result?  With Dice flipping scum, it honestly looks to me like you were trying to prevent him getting lynched.  And the only reason you would have for doing that is if you were scum.

Vote: Lessa.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If BFG is mafia this game you won't know unless you get a cop view in. And this seems like a hell of a lot of work for mafia, but with no team chat, maybe she's putting in the effort now to look town for the rest of the game?

You all better hope she's town...

Missed this yesterday

You're never going to trust me again are you :laugh::sad:

tumblr_mf3zh52Kv21ruztjzo3_r3_500.gif

Let me just say this.  Lessa looks really, really bad right now.  Scum!Lessa does exactly what would be expected - tries to help her teammate out by putting the tying vote on RTE and letting the lynch go random.  It could have worked too, if random.org hadn't decided on Dice.  I don't see any reason for Town!Lessa to have put a vote on like that at the last minute, especially when the person that would have gotten lynched without a random was scum.  Her explanation of why she voted RTE at the last minute also reeks. 

@Clov: I had not intended my vote to be last minute. I was in the process of going through the game and finding the post of RTE's that didn't sit well with me when I saw how close it was to deadline. As a post explaining why I voted RTE would have taken me much longer to type than I had, I thought it best to vote then, and if I lived through the night, explain myself at that point. I didn't vote RTE when I unvoted because I was uncertain of who to vote for and was reading through the thread

Deadline????  I don't buy it.  You sent it to a random lynch, so I have to ask, why did you vote RTE, knowing that the lynch would have gone random as a result?  With Dice flipping scum, it honestly looks to me like you were trying to prevent him getting lynched.  And the only reason you would have for doing that is if you were scum.

Vote: Lessa.

Can't argue with the green, but how would Town!Lessa know that Dice was mafia?

This is the post that BFG originally started fosing Dice for, for his narrative

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it

Good morning!

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

/snip

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. 

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)

I guess that makes sense. But that's also not what bothers me. In a game where we're hunting for scum, why not mention scum and why say "special roles"? It's not necessarily the fishing that's bothering me, but her leaving out what should be the focus of a town member (finding scum).

Because I'm new to this game here and "Special Roles" is the term we use on my other forum as an all-encompassing term, that was all that was about.

You know how above I let her have some rope cause shes a noob? I think the noob card just got torn up. @Taborline  have you played mafia on other sites before this?

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Now backtracks

I want to hear answers to my Qs from RTE and Taborline please

I don't think I understand WHY he didn't vote her. To some extend the post feels fence sitty to me: He calls out the bad post that I had originally jumped on, asks if I was calling Tab scum, notes RTE defending Tab, gives up on the noob card, and comments on her back tracking. Why note all of this and still not vote her? Especially after noting defense from RTE. If she's town and he thinks she's acting scummy (regardless of noobness), then I'd think he would be voting her here. I would have definitely pushed that lynch through if he joined it, tbh.

Dice/Tab posts in between the ones I'm quoting:

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic. 

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

unvote  forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her. 

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation?  I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE?  His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL  thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it.  Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes   think i missed something

(I highlighted the GREEN) The first part on Taborline feels like distancing, especially after that post that I had from above. He's basically gauging his vote on a response from Tab based on how new she is to the game. Feels like he wants to FOS her and keep her in suspicion without adding to her train.

The Lessa part is very sus, and after her last minute vote, it definitely adds to Lessa's case. (Though, being that Lessa was also on the Tab train with me, I think that her death would help solve Tab for me... I don't see both Lessa and Dice as mafia voting for a teammate together)

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG  I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of.  Taborline stood out a little  but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard  i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov  Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked?  and my leans are Laine and you actually.

He's giving her a noob pass now. She hadn't responded any further at this point, and ends up going to no lynch afterwards. Why not push a lynch through on a townie (OR EVEN VOTE RTE?! when you have the chance as scum?). The actions aren't really adding up to me. I want to solve Tab/RTE/Lessa. I think Lessa would shed light on both parties, actually.

The second part feels like easy consensus town reads to me, helps me feel even better on BFG.

This started out as a case on Tab and looking at Dice's reads, but I'm going to have to [v]Lessa[/v]

If BFG is mafia this game you won't know unless you get a cop view in. And this seems like a hell of a lot of work for mafia, but with no team chat, maybe she's putting in the effort now to look town for the rest of the game?

You all better hope she's town...

Missed this yesterday

You're never going to trust me again are you :laugh::sad:

tumblr_mf3zh52Kv21ruztjzo3_r3_500.gif

Bahahahaha. Bulba :wub:

Ok the problem really is that you play a really strong town game and if you aren't lazy mafia (which you aren't) you just play the same way. The only thing that might expose you is if your teammates are playing so bad you slip up by having to defend on on shoddy logic. That being said if I was mafia with you and sucking I'd tell you to bus the hell out of me.

Note that I do not think that is what happened in this game obviously, just saying. BFG and Clov are my top towns at the moment.

This is the post that BFG originally started fosing Dice for, for his narrative

Good morning!

Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it

Good morning!

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

/snip

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. 

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)

I guess that makes sense. But that's also not what bothers me. In a game where we're hunting for scum, why not mention scum and why say "special roles"? It's not necessarily the fishing that's bothering me, but her leaving out what should be the focus of a town member (finding scum).

Because I'm new to this game here and "Special Roles" is the term we use on my other forum as an all-encompassing term, that was all that was about.

You know how above I let her have some rope cause shes a noob? I think the noob card just got torn up. @Taborline  have you played mafia on other sites before this?

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Now backtracks

I want to hear answers to my Qs from RTE and Taborline please

I don't think I understand WHY he didn't vote her. To some extend the post feels fence sitty to me: He calls out the bad post that I had originally jumped on, asks if I was calling Tab scum, notes RTE defending Tab, gives up on the noob card, and comments on her back tracking. Why note all of this and still not vote her? Especially after noting defense from RTE. If she's town and he thinks she's acting scummy (regardless of noobness), then I'd think he would be voting her here. I would have definitely pushed that lynch through if he joined it, tbh.

Dice/Tab posts in between the ones I'm quoting:

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic. 

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

unvote  forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

BFG

I forgot to put Laine down the bottom. Feel free to sue me. As for Taborline I said what i mean I want to hear from her. 

and if you are gonna type out my "narrative hows about you usae the correct words instead of your interpretation?  I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her.

you said this is the second time i was concerned....where was the first?

and what am i gonna ask RTE?  His FOS stinks and i noted that i think it stinks. Why would i ask anything?

im not gonna be here at DL  thats like 1am my time or something. Will be here a couple more hours but right now Im thinking no lynch actually. I have a couple people I think are good bets for town but thats it.  Im not getting why Lessa has ANY votes   think i missed something

(I highlighted the GREEN) The first part on Taborline feels like distancing, especially after that post that I had from above. He's basically gauging his vote on a response from Tab based on how new she is to the game. Feels like he wants to FOS her and keep her in suspicion without adding to her train.

The Lessa part is very sus, and after her last minute vote, it definitely adds to Lessa's case. (Though, being that Lessa was also on the Tab train with me, I think that her death would help solve Tab for me... I don't see both Lessa and Dice as mafia voting for a teammate together)

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG  I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of.  Taborline stood out a little  but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard  i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov  Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked?  and my leans are Laine and you actually.

He's giving her a noob pass now. She hadn't responded any further at this point, and ends up going to no lynch afterwards. Why not push a lynch through on a townie (OR EVEN VOTE RTE?! when you have the chance as scum?). The actions aren't really adding up to me. I want to solve Tab/RTE/Lessa. I think Lessa would shed light on both parties, actually.

The second part feels like easy consensus town reads to me, helps me feel even better on BFG.

This started out as a case on Tab and looking at Dice's reads, but I'm going to have to [v]Lessa[/v]

Really really interesting regarding Tab. Will have to remember that based on how Lessa flips. 

Can you explain how Hallia avoided the mixed pile?

Mostly gut read there, but I haven't looked over her posts recently. I think I remember her voting you after looking at Kronos' posts, but I don't remember her vote sticking out to me in any particular way.

Obviously the rest are up there for their pushes on Dice, especially with that being such a quick train, I feel like everyone on it is pretty clear besides you, which is easily a self preservation vote if you already saw a teammate going down.

OMG!...You guys! I went to work yesterday morning. I still have pink eye right....so the first hour I'm there I start feeling nauseous and then im vomiting. I go to the walkin clinic and see the NP who suggests I be seen right away in the urgent eye clinic. WTH? On my honor...I was in with doctors all morning and afternoon and then had to go to occupational health to update them on my condition so they could issue new work restrictions for me. I still don't know exactly what is causing the nausea, but now I am having horrible headaches. Occupational health has me seeing a doctor firs thing this morning. I was so bummed when I got home and missed the deadline! I went to bed before night was over. I'm so sorry! 

On that note...I am having a really hard time reading. I'm going to see what the doc says this morning and if this isn't getting better I will probably opt out. I don't want to!!!! I am really liking this game!

Good job guys! I know it came down to random roll....though my gut feeling is either way we would have caught scum, and I think their teammate was hoping to make it a tie so that the one left would look clean. 

In that case I think I will [v]Lessa[/v] for now and see how things shake out. I need to go back and read everything again and look at a few things. But I think that last minute tie vote pretty much cinches it for me. 

I will be back and let you all know what the doctor says.

Carry on!

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (1): Lessa

RTE (4): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine

Lessa (1): Razen

Rhea (1): RTE

Dice (1): BFG

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

I'm not sure about Dice but I know I am town... And that No lynch vote...

Unvote. Vote Dice

Given the choice, I'd rather lynch Dice than RTE.  Unvote, vote: Dice.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Dice (4): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (3): Taborline, Rhea, Cairos

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:

http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

/snip

Unvote

Well if you guys think Dice is mafia I'll help. It was my gut feeling that dice was mafia.

[v]Dice[/v]

RTE 4, Dice 5

Vote RTE

RTE 5, Dice 5

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Dice (4): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen

No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (3): Taborline, Rhea, Cairos

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:

http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

BFG, you didn't mention Lessa in your reads list. Did you have a read on her?

Null, just ISO'd though and meh, still null.

Think she misunderstood the 'throw in the towel' stuff (or I did :rolleyes: as I;m pretty sure that that was in relation to why Jagen quit?)

The vote could well be opportunistic, there's an awkward bit with awareness of votes, phrases/assumptions made that don't match the experience I thought she had?

Basically need more info.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from 2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

First bold - does anyone know how much experience Lessa has? I thought she was pretty new, in which case normal reaction of town seems odd. If she's played before disregard this entirely

Second bold - I don't know if it's just awkwardly phrased or not, but I don't understand what she means. If she thinks Tabor is trying to get Sooh to throw in the towel and finds Jagen scummy for it then logically Sooh must be town? But she said whatever Sooh's alignment?

Good morning!

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

It doesn't matter if it's new information, but at the moment there's nothing to show what you think or feel and that makes it impossible to read you. If you agree with somebody say what you agree with, if you disagree with something likewise.

Sorry for the WoT but I don't know the coding for the spoiler button.

Yes I have played here before but it had been a very, very long time.

I phrased that awkwardly and I apologize. I was trying to work out the thought process for someone to say "throwing in the towel". Upon rereading I now see that Taborline didn't mean it how I had thought she did when I first read it.

As for agreeing/disagreeing with things already said, I've never been one to like it. I'm terrible at writing essays for uni because of it as I don't see the point in restating something multiple times in slightly various ways.

I don't like how RTE is jumping to the defense of a few people and then never really going back to it.

Unvote

Vote RTE

I just don't believe this. You already did that when you unvoted. 

Haha oops. I'm sorry you're not doing well! Sounds like you're having a rough time!

I want to rip my eye out! LOL...I could go for a pirate patch instead. I actually might! Argh!

I just don't believe this. You already did that when you unvoted. 

Yeah that was a full 11 minutes between unvote and revote. It just doesn't look good at all

No, it doesn't!

Is there a way to change the background color on DM? It's the white background that is getting to me right now. 

Archived