DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But added together with what looks like you building up to a vote on Tabor, but withholding your vote because other people are already voting it looks a little worse

Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

First ISO if I have time.

fwiw I don't think Tabor's the way to go today(!) First post when she said 'special roles' she used VT separately, so it's possible that she did have goons on her mind as well as the cop. I have issues with the 'that too' part but meh. Her vote analysis seemed reasonable, and the hedging at the end didn't seem overly scummily motivated imo, the 'effed up' sounded genuine (bearing in mind I am genuinely BAD at reading peoples intentions mumbles something about Laine ATEing Zander)

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

oh and BFG?? you want me to vote whereever I please? here

vote no lynch   I DONT see this as bad. Odds are that we mislynch a townie today. No lynch means 1 less townie dies we still have the info gathered today tomorrow 

with that im off to bed and wont be back for DL as told earlier

Umm, what info, may I ask?  Flips at this stage are the most important information we can get.  You're also discounting the possibility that we hit scum today.  I don't like the idea of letting the scum dictate what information we get, because it's going to be the most advantageous to them.  Really don't like this idea.

I'm not ignoring your case, it is an important factor and nicely summarises why I feel uneasy about Dice and have him in my bottom three.

fair enough, what do you think of the votes on you?

In order of suspicion:

WBK, Hallia, Laine, Clov

I'd be very wary of WBK, If his post style doesn't change I think he's a good spot to look at for mafia. Hallia's been alright so far, but not better than that. Needs to contribute more or else she will just float through which can be quite dangerous.

Can't really blame Laine or Clov, although I expect a bit better insight from the latter, we've played together enough. There hasn't been much to grasp from today, mainly because too much time was spent on Taborline. 

I'll try to post a full read list before deadline but a lot of nulls and I've posted a lot of my reads already in case I miss it.

Of my bottom three Dice is the one I'm least sure about. I've played with him a lot but find his play too erratic and dissimilar for me to have firm reads on.

Therefore I believe either WBK or Hallia would fill into that spot. Feel good about Lessa and Rhea in my bottom 3 right now, but bearing in mind this is Day 1 of course. Frankly I wouldn't be the number one info lynch today either, that frankly would have to be one of the top posters. But if I go at least you have my reads. Wish more people gave reads of me though.

RTE ISO:

wasn't present much during N0, so can't compare tone

(+) null on Cairos 'reaction' this is close to how I feel about it

(+) Laine/Sooh town, Clov/Dice nothing unusual I like easily given reads (- although there's actually only 2 reads there, the Clov/Dice comment is a bit nullish)

+ Like the humour

(+) Dice 'strongest' mafia lean amongst the high posters

+/- Tabor's blunder is noob, will look at people jumping on

- comments on Dice's asking him a question when he didn't... But IGNORES everything else that I said.

+ I like his explanation on his position on Tabor why is that analysis bad?

+/- Votes Rhea for playing safe

+/- Top 3 suspects are Rhea/Lessa/Dice thinks Lessa's vote was a mafia vote on an easy train.

+ Voting Rhea isn't great for avoiding lynch, but strongest hunch right now. Will move to Lessa if she becomes a competing train.

+/- Don't need to use meta to see Dice was building up to a Tabor vote Fair point - the meta isn't that he was building up to a vote, more the way he was building up to a vote reminded me more of Mafia!Dice than Town!Dice

+/- further defence of Tabor

- top posters comment was to start conversation meh, I think in his last game as mafia the entire team was in the bottom posters, so this looks badish

+ suspicious of people who pop in and don't back stuff up (Rhea) or people who vote without much reason behind it (WBK). Hard to single out the latter on Day 1 Why WBK, he wasn't in RTE's list

+/- burned with noob passes

+/- 'No lynch' town or mafia Dice not sure it's alignment indicative either way, tone to me could be town

+ explanation of Dice read - interactions with Clov meh that bit was sort of neutral to me, but I'd played that game so knew what he was referring to with the initial post. I didn't get what Clov was talking about either and Tabor fiasco and no lynch vote lol, I think you know my opinion here

RTE sounds relaxed on thread but has been playing long enough for this to be a null tell. I remember him fooling me as mafia, despite being seemingly obvious to everyone else playing :dry: and having good instincts as town :dry:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (2): Laine, Lessa

RTE (3): Clov, Kronos, Hallia

Lessa (1): Razen

Not Voting (7): Taborline, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Dice

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:

http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

8-1/2 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE

This was the VC just before his vote and I kinda like that it was on Rhea as opposed to Lessa, although I have both Rhea and Lessa as null right now (need to pay more attention). There is an issue with follow up as noted below.

I'm assuming that the reason he said he'd switch to Lessa and not Dice is because Dice had no votes at the time?

I don't particularly like that he ignored my case on Dice (I don't particularly like being ignored) but it's not a big deal.

In fact his read on Dice looks a little odd; starts off as nothing unusual from the Clov/Dice early interaction, but also thinks he looks bad from it? I can sort of see a progression here and think key is in context, but would like further explanation?

The only thing that stands out is the initial defence of Tabor. It seemed quite abrupt. I also don't like that he hasn't seemingly followed this up; He doesn't like Lessa (because of the vote on Tabor) he's voting Rhea because she took 'note' of his defence of Tabor but didn't vote.

Doesn't seem concerned by his impending lynch, that's probably townie of him?

Quick ISO from ME2 - Mafia!RTE in that game was a LOT fluffier at the start of thread (could just be that he missed it this game /shrug). Interestingly made a similar post about noob passes and being burned. Got caught up in a tristing words/semantics argument with Zander that lead to his lynch. Had a decisive tone when voting Zander and casing. Slipped by calling Zander vig and wanting to lynch him anyway :laugh: defended himself, but didn't seem overtly concerned by the impending lynch there either.

(Was fluffy in Cliche as well, but nature of the game makes meta unusable from it)

Quick ISO from Pokemon - Town!RTE started straight in with game content, sounded annoyed when people misread him...

At the moment I want to say town due to the level of content BUT I don't think he's having fun the way he was in Pokemon and I don't see the same confidence that people should be reading him town, or frustration that they're not (I'd expect some response to Hallia at the least here), so it's not a confident read.

So that was useful :dry: At the moment I still want my vote on Dice, but I'm happy to hear what other people have to say on RTE

That was genuinely one of the more enjoyable Mafia game posts I've read in a long time (so what if it's a bit vain, kill me... ok maybe poor timing for use of that expression). 

First of all I got confused cause I thought that was ME3 game, hence why it looks like I've been playing dumb. However other than things that really personally impact me, I have poor memory for games.

Second I have trouble reading your cases via email and that's how I read most posts to be honest. Sometime recently DM emails changed and handle multi quotes horribly. I did feel like you made your point though but there seemed to be little traction. That and mainly the fact that while I agree with you I think this is too early to vote Dice. Takes me a while to get a good read on him and frankly I usually have to resort to relying on others for help. But right now I'm willing to see where his play goes. Also wanted to avoid my read being "Oh yea, what BFG said".

I am town so if I get lynched today I want to at least get as much info out of it as possible. This is typically what happens when I post too much hence why I've become a lower post count player. I tend to get overly excited or zealous or emotionally involved. I didn't think that was particularly the case here and expected people to know the difference, Clov especially. I'm not as concerned about my probable impending lynch so long as we get some good information from it, I will be satisfied.

Unfortunately, most people are just commenting on how they felt my defense on Taborline was. Which alone won't be very telling as it is fair to interpret it both ways frankly. We need more before this day ends, and definitely less fluff and pursuing weak leads on Day 2

Good morning guys! Sorry for being MIA yesterday. I think I have fully caught up on the read. I will probably do a re read of the last few pages before the deadline.

Hallia (and Kronos's vote too):

H'ok.

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

While I agree with the thought of Taborline's reaction as a noob blunder. I can't help but feel that RTE is doing a bit of defending (or maybe deflecting) here (bold and underlined). Taking note of that. Just notes, hunches, and gut feelings are all Iv'e got right now! 

I love your hunches, mentor of mine! :wub:

Few people conspicuously absent; Hallia amongst them

Odd that you picked me out, especially when I, I think on this very page right above, said that work was nuts and that I would be catching up at home.  

I've seen a lot of things I agree with being said so far.

My thoughts on people:

Taborline: New player making new player mistakes - nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm not buying she's scum yet.

Clov: Actually trying to find scum IMO - town lean

Laine: Similar to Clov - probably the most active and trying to do the most work. Town Lean

RTE: I'm with Clov here - his defense of Tabor makes sense, but his remark seems opportunistic yet he's unwilling to make a vote - leaning scum here

Hallia: Laine's got her meta down (<3 souvra)

Jagen/Sooh: as one who has left games for many reasons - this is by no means indicative of alignment - Jagen's reasons are her own - null because not enough to go on

Everyone else I'm pretty null on.

I feel good putting a vote on [v]RTE][/v] right now

You don't play that often, and I've seen you sub because it gets too nuts, but I am liking your play this game, your reads don't feel bad to me, and I am willing to join you on RTE.  Could be scum defending a teammate, could be scum white-knighting a new townie, either way...

Vote: RTE

Kronos: I'm not getting the opportunistic part of RTE's call out on those voting Taborline?  It was 2 or 3 people.  I've liked his responses about why he didn't want to go down the Taborline road, and for what it's worth, what I've seen from Taborline since has me leaning null/town on her.  I also like his list of reads too, except I'd swap Rhea out instead of Dice.

Hallia: Why the comment about joining Kronos on RTE?  Seems like you're letting someone else do the work for you.  You did all that catching up, and yet are content to just sheep with Kronos.

Laine (even though it says Kronos?)

I'm about to go to bed, I really have to sleep or I'll be useless by later today once I have to go to work.

I guess I'm going to take a nap, I'll try to be up by deadline

For now, I'll [v]RTE[/v]

No reason at all, just throwing a vote on.  Laine slipping down my list of reads here.

Ok, can you explain your 'progression' on Dice and anything you have on Kronos? I don't think I've come remotely close to reading him correctly in any game

I'll be here until EOD now. Still unsure on which way I'm going to vote as I don't feel anyone sticks out as particularly scummy yet. Dice and RTE are both in my POE. I can't say I have any particular lean on players like Lessa and Rhea yet. I want to give Taborline another day. 

Are anyone free to talk to me? I feel like I need to discuss this with someone.

Ok, can you explain your 'progression' on Dice and anything you have on Kronos? I don't think I've come remotely close to reading him correctly in any game

Is that directed at me or at RTE?

I'll be here until EOD now. Still unsure on which way I'm going to vote as I don't feel anyone sticks out as particularly scummy yet. Dice and RTE are both in my POE. I can't say I have any particular lean on players like Lessa and Rhea yet. I want to give Taborline another day. 

Are anyone free to talk to me? I feel like I need to discuss this with someone.

I don't really have a lean either way on Rhea yet either.  And I think that Taborline has handled the situation pretty well, and is coming across to me as town at this point.

I'm getting a town feeling from RTE too, but Dice and Lessa are towards the bottom of my reads list.

I'm open to discussing anything you'd like to.

Is that directed at me or at RTE?

RTE

and I'm 'not' here :(

gonna have to do overtime tomorrow

RTE can you explain what you mean by...

"I am town so if I get lynched today I want to at least get as much info out of it as possible. This is typically what happens when I post too much hence why I've become a lower post count player. I tend to get overly excited or zealous or emotionally involved. I didn't think that was particularly the case here and expected people to know the difference, Clov especially. I'm not as concerned about my probable impending lynch so long as we get some good information from it, I will be satisfied"

Why Clov in particular?

Do you think you've been emotional/excited this game or not?

I don't really understand :(

Clov - I 'liked' his early vote as a 'kickstarter' CairOs was probably the perfect choice, I don't think they know each other outside of this, so couldn't be confused as a :wub: vote, Cairos was posting at the time so was around to react straight away... I don't understand his 'blown away'(?) comment. At the moment I'm torn between liking his prodding of lots of people, but not really agreeing with any of them, problem being that the game has been pretty quiet. I sort of feel that he's being cautious and I don't feel confident calling him town yet although I don't want to call him mafia either.

Laine is pinging me a fair bit, but mostly all in good ways. I think mafia!Laine is a bit more self conscious so pings less, she jumped in as soon as Clov opened the door which is different to her last game as mafia. Still need more time to be sure. Razen's made a good point about her vote, but I still feel 'good'? about our quote war.

Cairos - disagree with the majority I liked his reaction to Clov's vote and Laines prods, was townie imo. Hope he has chance to get into it tomorrow

RTE is a lot more content driven then his recent mafia games and more reserved (less frustrated) than his recent town games. Really hard to call this but I want to say town. I don't see the lynch swinging elsewhere at this point, so if he flips town I'll be looking at his bottom 3 more closely, I think his instincts are good enough for one or more to be mafia.

Tabor - really don't like the 'that too' but her posts since have seemed reasonable.

Dice is my strongest bet for mafia at the moment, already covered. Dice will become more obvious with time. If he ever starts to post without impact lynch him immediately (he's not at that stage yet)

Razen - Not sure I covered this; thing I was asking about was Razens post when he seemed to be agreeing with Clov that Cairos reaction was bad and Dice that it was null. Could be flu medicine, posts since have made sense. Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads (case in point last post on Laine).

Rhea - drew initial interest because she was lurking during early game play, posted fluff during the initial Cairos debate, posts since have been relaxed but I haven't payed enough attention to content.

I feel like I should have reads on Hallia and Sooh, but I don't really yet (sorry)

Mostly null on everyone else atm.

Archived