DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

I don't really have a lean either way on Rhea yet either.  And I think that Taborline has handled the situation pretty well, and is coming across to me as town at this point.

I'm getting a town feeling from RTE too, but Dice and Lessa are towards the bottom of my reads list.

I'm open to discussing anything you'd like to.

What are your thoughts on Lessa and why?

Also can you take me through your take on Dice?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon, Razen? Joining someone on a lynch is not sheeping. I agree with points that him and others made, and posted content of my own expressing my dislike for things RTE had said.

Bit generous. You haven't posted much content. Can you elaborate on your reads, especially in light of posts you've made since your last?

RTE can you explain what you mean by...

"I am town so if I get lynched today I want to at least get as much info out of it as possible. This is typically what happens when I post too much hence why I've become a lower post count player. I tend to get overly excited or zealous or emotionally involved. I didn't think that was particularly the case here and expected people to know the difference, Clov especially. I'm not as concerned about my probable impending lynch so long as we get some good information from it, I will be satisfied"

Why Clov in particular?

Do you think you've been emotional/excited this game or not?

I don't really understand :(

Given how much praise Clov's game gets. Then again Darthe is wrong about me on a regular basis, among others.

Nah I think I have been very level-headed and not excited or zealous. I did try to be a bit bold about people who were going to get on Taborline's case. Apparently that was a bit too much for some.

In light of what posts I've made since my last?

I like WBK's reads so far, as well as Soohs.  They're coming off as townish to me, along with Laine, BFG, and Clov.

You're my scum for the moment.

Ok, can you explain your 'progression' on Dice and anything you have on Kronos? I don't think I've come remotely close to reading him correctly in any game

Think my progression on Dice has been quite transparent through my posts you so effectively summarised. I am not at a place where I would vote for him but I am wary of him and his decision to go no lynch is quite a poor one. But I find it hard to understand some of Dice's actions. 

Kronos just came in, gave a short summary that he disguised as reads, and then went with an easy vote IMO. Can very easily be scum floating in and out. Although never played a game with no scum day talk so not sure how that works and how to think of people in context of that. 

In light of what posts I've made since my last?

I like WBK's reads so far, as well as Soohs.  They're coming off as townish to me, along with Laine, BFG, and Clov.

You're my scum for the moment.

How insightful. I meant the several pages of posts since you last posted. The cases, the comments, the views, etc. 

FWIW I have a lot of trouble reading Hallia too, but I do think you should have more to say than that after everything that has been posted.

BFG, you didn't mention Lessa in your reads list. Did you have a read on her?

Null, just ISO'd though and meh, still null.

Think she misunderstood the 'throw in the towel' stuff (or I did :rolleyes: as I;m pretty sure that that was in relation to why Jagen quit?)

The vote could well be opportunistic, there's an awkward bit with awareness of votes, phrases/assumptions made that don't match the experience I thought she had?

Basically need more info.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her  nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from  2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

First bold - does anyone know how much experience Lessa has? I thought she was pretty new, in which case normal reaction of town seems odd. If she's played before disregard this entirely

Second bold - I don't know if it's just awkwardly phrased or not, but I don't understand what she means. If she thinks Tabor is trying to get Sooh to throw in the towel and finds Jagen scummy for it then logically Sooh must be town? But she said whatever Sooh's alignment?

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly?[bold] If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.[/bold]

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

It doesn't matter if it's new information, but at the moment there's nothing to show what you think or feel and that makes it impossible to read you. If you agree with somebody say what you agree with, if you disagree with something likewise.

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying :wink:

RTE - make your case on Rhea/Lessa again...

I have more reason to think you're town, but they're both null for me.

Push the quiet ones :ph34r: Need to hold people to a good standard of participation. With no day chat the scum team will suffer during the day if you push them hard enough

This is true. It is vital that Town, especially the VTs post more.

It is significantly harder for mafia to post in an active thread, particularly without day chat.

As VT the goal isn't to stay alive, the goal is to win and you win with town even if dead. Mislynches are sometimes necessary to narrow POE, night kills are always going to happen (no doc), SO make your death COUNT. You do this by posting.

I'm totally confused. As a noob I've been trying to figure out what's going on lol. Sorry for being quiet. I didn't know this game would be so quick. I don't know who to choose!

Push the quiet ones :ph34r: Need to hold people to a good standard of participation. With no day chat the scum team will suffer during the day if you push them hard enough

This is true. It is vital that Town, especially the VTs post more.

It is significantly harder for mafia to post in an active thread, particularly without day chat.

As VT the goal isn't to stay alive, the goal is to win and you win with town even if dead. Mislynches are sometimes necessary to narrow POE, night kills are always going to happen (no doc), SO make your death COUNT. You do this by posting.

Sigh

I agree with what you're saying here, but the first line makes me wonder if you didn't just town spew RTE. It sort of reads to me like you know he's not going to flip mafia...

Please don't break my heart this game. :(

Yea that's what I've been going for, I'm VT. Still skeptical on how informative this day will turn out to be but meh, worth a try.

Rhea for not contributing anything of real substance, posting enough to float by, evident when she didn't actually place a vote on me in a game where people have done a fairly good job of backing up their reads with votes. 

Lessa for taking the easy way out and voting Taborline. Like I said in an earlier post (which you've read all of and summarised hence why I'm not sure you're asking me to do this again as you will see my flip in a few minutes...) while this won't get her town cred as Clov explained, I think she figured it was a safe and easy vote that wouldn't attract much scrutiny and would be an easy place for her teammates to lay on the votes. And her dodgy logic/reasoning  that BFG just pulled up.

If BFG is mafia this game you won't know unless you get a cop view in. And this seems like a hell of a lot of work for mafia, but with no team chat, maybe she's putting in the effort now to look town for the rest of the game?

You all better hope she's town...

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying :wink:

*snip*

I'm not unwilling to vote. Right now I'm just trying to see what happens. 

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

Clov, I'm sorry, but I need some more time and experience in reading you. 

Archived