DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

Sorry for the Wot. 

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Backtracking.

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.[/size]

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

They could all be scum and be reading from scripts in this situation.

The first part of this post is really good and I like how it sounds: As a newer player, I'd think you would be a bit more frazzled as mafia at this point, you had 3/7 votes when you posted this.

The second part, and especially the last line are really throwing me. A healthy amount of paranoia is okay but it feels very fence-sitty and that's really sticky for me. It's also awkward that you blanket FOS all of them/(us?) here. What's getting me with that is that it feels like a very newbie thought process to me, calling those scum who vote you. That combined with the first two lines, I may give you a pass at this point for d1.

Gonna cut up Dice's post ahead, jump back to see context (spoilered to cut down my wot and avoid confusion)

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

It was a general comment when I responded to Taborline, also to be considered a little snark for your reading pleasure. I noticed it was missing from her speculation because that was one of the first things I thought when I saw that Jagen had subbed out. Hence, why I didn't think Taborline's thought process was that of a town member.

I can vote you now and beat the rush if you really want me too....

No thanks on your vote offer. You should put your vote where your suspicion is. Unless I'm suspicious, then by all means. :dry:

OOC RL story   my ex boss is named alanna  but she says it as al ANN a.  For nine months i was saying it never getting picked up on the fact I was saying it wrong. Then 3 days before she leaves she blasts me for it! go figure

Haha you probably deserved getting blasted; for the record, my name is pronounced like it's spelled Alaina.

Reading back when I first posted, and reading in the context of “special role” meaning only PR, Laine’s posts make good sense and I think she tried to pull me out well, to see if I was scum. My addition of “That too” does really look bad, and I don’t blame her for then jumping on me.[/size]

Sooh I can’t read, as the situation put her in a precarious position no matter what. I think I would have replied with what she did either way. Though her later saying I need to put myself out more is questionable, as I think I’ve sabotaged myself enough!

I could possibly see Lessa as getting in there to help the case, but really it’s such a bad mistake that it could go either way. 

RTE could be going for town cred - especially as if he IS scum, he knows I’m town and this is a really easy kill for them. 

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

Hi Razen!!! Liking this response from Tab for the most part. Unsure what you mean by "leaning on Lessa" in that last quoted part (I colored red Lessa progression btw Raz/Tab). Feels like your suspicion didn't come about until Razen mentioned that her vote was opportunistic.

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on. {EDIT: I fixed the bold}

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

You thought there was one other vote? This makes if feel like you're intentionally bandwagoning. The statement in red is just so awkward to me...

Sus = Suspicious <3

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then. :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Hally, I backed down there because Dice was right, and I'm going to trust his input this game. And I definitely am trying to play nice, or nicer than usual: this is the WT and there are newer players. I don't want to be rude in my SG and I don't want to scare people away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to treat mafia regulars all the same though :laugh:

I agree on the "EWW" It's the "at most only one" part that bothers me the most. Like, what? Why only one RTE? Activity depends on the player, not on the alignment.

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.
Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.
Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

I can't help that I love jokes XD
I like this except the part about Clov being Clov, didn't you say that you didn't really know how he played

I really don't know how he plays, hence "Clov being Clov"; he can do his thing and I'll do my thing and hopefully he's town lol

Stopping at post 510 (BFG getting nitpicky again)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the Wot. 

Were you asking me to explain, BFG? The only reason I brought it up was that it seemed like a clue, something to take into account as we move forward. And there being more scum than special town roles, that could be even more of a hint.

Lol ok. Why did you draw attention to the other potential PR when Laine said about mafia goons?

When I said about not wanting to lynch someone who was potentially the good role? Just as another side of why it would be interesting to know that Sooh had something, it can be beneficial for town as well.

BFG is right about this. Unless you thought town!Sooh was going to be mislynched, there's no benefit to town to outing her role (be it vanilla OR cop)

I wasn't trying to out her as a cop, I was trying to out her as possible scum (but mentioning that we should be careful as she could be a special town).

Backtracking.

The first part of this post is really good and I like how it sounds: As a newer player, I'd think you would be a bit more frazzled as mafia at this point, you had 3/7 votes when you posted this.

The second part, and especially the last line are really throwing me. A healthy amount of paranoia is okay but it feels very fence-sitty and that's really sticky for me. It's also awkward that you blanket FOS all of them/(us?) here. What's getting me with that is that it feels like a very newbie thought process to me, calling those scum who vote you. That combined with the first two lines, I may give you a pass at this point for d1.

Gonna cut up Dice's post ahead, jump back to see context (spoilered to cut down my wot and avoid confusion)

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

It was a general comment when I responded to Taborline, also to be considered a little snark for your reading pleasure. I noticed it was missing from her speculation because that was one of the first things I thought when I saw that Jagen had subbed out. Hence, why I didn't think Taborline's thought process was that of a town member.

I can vote you now and beat the rush if you really want me too....

No thanks on your vote offer. You should put your vote where your suspicion is. Unless I'm suspicious, then by all means. :dry:

OOC RL story   my ex boss is named alanna  but she says it as al ANN a.  For nine months i was saying it never getting picked up on the fact I was saying it wrong. Then 3 days before she leaves she blasts me for it! go figure

Haha you probably deserved getting blasted; for the record, my name is pronounced like it's spelled Alaina.

I'm confused by what you mean about a mistake, or what the mistake you're referring to is.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you've not got an opinion either way on Lessa yet?  Looking at the votes up to this point, hers is the one that I think was the most opportunistic

But I also don't like the way you've tied them all together.  I think you've made good points about all of them, but the last sentence is what throws me.  I just don't like the way that you've categorized all of them as possibly being scum for making points against you.

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

Hi Razen!!! Liking this response from Tab for the most part. Unsure what you mean by "leaning on Lessa" in that last quoted part (I colored red Lessa progression btw Raz/Tab). Feels like your suspicion didn't come about until Razen mentioned that her vote was opportunistic.

Good morning!

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on. {EDIT: I fixed the bold}

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

You thought there was one other vote? This makes if feel like you're intentionally bandwagoning. The statement in red is just so awkward to me...

Sus = Suspicious <3

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then. :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Hally, I backed down there because Dice was right, and I'm going to trust his input this game. And I definitely am trying to play nice, or nicer than usual: this is the WT and there are newer players. I don't want to be rude in my SG and I don't want to scare people away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to treat mafia regulars all the same though :laugh:

I agree on the "EWW" It's the "at most only one" part that bothers me the most. Like, what? Why only one RTE? Activity depends on the player, not on the alignment.

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.

Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.

Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

I can't help that I love jokes XD

I like this except the part about Clov being Clov, didn't you say that you didn't really know how he played

I really don't know how he plays, hence "Clov being Clov"; he can do his thing and I'll do my thing and hopefully he's town lol

Eh. Yes and No IMO

I Have no idea what he was responding to there. lol

Ugh, I need to use words better

Re Dice; so far his posting feels like he's building up to a vote on Tabor which reminds me of how he acted in ME2.

Meh not really feeling this one BFG, I don't see him building up to a vote, but trying to get clear information.

My top three scum suspects at the moment are Rhea, Lessa, and Dice FWIW. While I understand when Clov said voting Taborline wouldn't give Lessa credit, I think it was a lazy scum vote on what she thought was an easy train. She says she didn't see the earlier vote but I think regardless she thought it was a safe time to vote and that's why she did so easily.

Reminder to look back at this.

Also, why Dice? I can see Rhea for popping in and out and for the post you quoted of Clov's, and Lessa for what is red, but Dice? I'm getting a town Dice this game

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of. Taborline stood out a little but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

\

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked? and my leans are Laine and you actually.

I haven't accused you of being quiet, and I KNOW you're quiet as both town and mafia. I said closed, because you're not being open/sharing information. Why should you have to be asked to share your town leans?

I know your initial vote was a 'joke' in as much as votes are ever 'jokes'. But you joked that you were going to vote Cairos and couldn't because Clov messed it up and voted Clov instead. By itself it's nothing (and I said as much).

But added together with what looks like you building up to a vote on Tabor but not because other people are already voting it looks a little worse.

IF how other people are voting means nothing to you, why did it factor into why you didn't vote?

Good luck on the exam, Cairos!

Vote: Taborline

Razen's was a throw away vote, pretty much nothing here, in the below spoiler, he states why he voted her (reactions) and left it sitting there for her rolefishing (see below)

@ Kronos - I picked Taborline because I wanted to see a reaction.  I hadn't seen anything off putting from the way she handled it.  When I woke up this morning though and took an initial read through what's happened since I fell asleep (and thankfully I'm not sick anymore!), I think it's interesting to consider that she's the first to question the reasons that Sooh might have taken over for Jagen.  There could be a number of reasons for the switch, not all of which are related to the game.  Also don't like that she kind of went rolefishing there too in putting out that thought - the part in green.

I'm also not liking the part Laine tacked on.  Seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on Sooh for something she had no control over.  Even if it's just a theory adding to what Taborline had said earlier.

Good morning!

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

Sometimes being scum in your first game is intimidating

Agree on the role-fishing.

The reason I mentioned subbing out scum is because Taborline DIDN'T mention it. Why go straight to PR and not to scum? Why would having a PR be any more/less intimidating than rolling scum?

[unvote][v]Taborline[/v]

My vote

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her  nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from  2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

Lessa's. And it really doesn't look like that bad of a vote. Considering Razen's came before any of this happened and I started applying pressure, I'm not sure I'm seeing the same problem with her vote here that some of you are.

You know who (BFG):

BFG how can it be either absurdly pro town or pro mafia? haha I feel like those are two extremes

Pro town because you try to draw attention away from the potential PR hunt, by focusing on the mafia side of it. Pro mafia because you're extending a conversation that could get 'dangerous'. Doubt you'd do something that risky as mafia though, so leaning town (bolstered from yesterday)

I just now saw this. You don't think I would... ? *disappointed* You're probably right.. I suck at mafia

no Sooh I think their town. Laines tone bantering with both me and BFG was really good. relaxed and carefree

BFGs tone with laine has been much the same. Then she starts her Wots again   on me as usual lol but this time? I dont have to worry about them.  thats pure Town BFG

Bolded is outright bad.

This game I have had a quote thing with Laine, collected quotes to go through on Tabor and the surrounding stuff, quoted one post of Dice and then responded a few times.

Additionally the 'as usual' is wrong. In our recent games I've ignored him once (when I was mafia, despite 'knowing' he wasn't town - he was third party), pushed him once (he was mafia) and defended him once (he was town). It's a blatant ATE. Although not playing in the games I also correctly read him in Monarchs and SW.

I will say I'm not confident in this read the way I was in Pokémon or Belichick. I wasn't certain in April Fools either.

Given Dice is now absent this probably won't go anywhere though :/ Don't let him skate tomorrow if so

dammit i just lost everything!

BFG I vote where and when i want. that vote is often controlled by my gut jumping at something that stands out to it. Here whats stood out more then anything is some people i think are town at this point.

i get lynched for being quiet on a regular basis. thing is im quiet TOWN as often as i am quiet MAFIA. It most often comes because nothing stood out for me to grab hold of. Taborline stood out a little but it didnt ping me like Laine did last game for eg. Then theres the fact that shes a noob apparently. Im not a complete bastard i do try to give newbies a go.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

vote clov Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

this what ure talking about? its called a joke vote. You will notice I mentioned my Band warhorse? Well i was gonna vote Cairos cause Bunyan told me too initially.

\

ou're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

Has anybody asked? and my leans are Laine and you actually.

I haven't accused you of being quiet, and I KNOW you're quiet as town. I said closed, because you're not being open/sharing information. Why should you have to be asked to share your town leans?

I know your initial vote was a 'joke' in as much as votes are ever 'jokes'. But you joked that you were going to vote Cairos and couldn't because Clov messed it up and voted Clov instead. By itself it's nothing (and I said as much).

But added together with what looks like you building up to a vote on Tabor, but withholding your vote because other people are already voting it looks a little worse.

IF how other people are voting means nothing to you, why did it factor into why you didn't vote?

oh and BFG?? you want me to vote whereever I please? here

vote no lynch   I DONT see this as bad. Odds are that we mislynch a townie today. No lynch means 1 less townie dies we still have the info gathered today tomorrow 

with that im off to bed and wont be back for DL as told earlier

Interestingly this almost sounds like town Dice, if I can I'll check back through April Fools.

I have read RTE in ISO just now. I see that the couple of things he has been singled out for so far was his comment that there might be a mafia in the high posters, which there of course is a chance there is. In a game this size if you pick 4 names there's a reasonably good chance that at least 1 out of the 4 is mafia. I am not sure this theory gives me any indication of his alignment. 

The other thing he was singled out for was defending Taborline. I kinda did the same thing, so I see where he's coming from. Only difference is that I didn't FOS everyone who voted for her, because I can see why they did that too. 

I can't really react a conclusion on RTE. I can see him going both ways.

The mafia in top posters comment was for the sake of getting conversation going. I do stand by it though. Doubt the whole mafia team is among the non-posters, athough wouldn't be surprised if two are this early on.

fwiw I've found this sort of thing to be more reliable towards end game, with some exceptions; Dice will be amongst the low posters despite his alignment; that may not hold true this game with so many noobies and people back from a long break...

The mafia in top posters comment was for the sake of getting conversation going. I do stand by it though. Doubt the whole mafia team is among the non-posters, athough wouldn't be surprised if two are this early on.

Yeah, getting into it as mafia can be both difficult and easy, depending on the direction of the game.

We also have a few new/not frequent players here, so for them I would think it's even more difficult to get into the game as mafia.

especially since they have no day chat :)

What did you ebwop there BFG? haha I didn't see a difference... :unsure:

Yeah, getting into it as mafia can be both difficult and easy, depending on the direction of the game.

We also have a few new/not frequent players here, so for them I would think it's even more difficult to get into the game as mafia.

*forgot about this, I need to take that into account when I read back through d1

<snip>

Ok, I know I started it but can we move towards using 'paying attention to detail'?

I know that bits in my initial post to Dice (I'll assume you meant 511?) are tiny and insignificant, I said as much at the time.

And I don't have enough to explain stuff well yet, I am not reading Dice as town, and that's a problem. 70% of the time when he's not obvious town he's mafia.

If we're both around tomorrow then I'll reassess but this is my strongest feeling right now. Pending digging into some ISO's and hopefully addressing my placeholders earlier.

Unfortunately I'm at work, I have signal because of my current office location, but it's still work so I can't be on here all afternoon.

What did you ebwop there BFG? haha I didn't see a difference... :unsure:

*forgot about this, I need to take that into account when I read back through d1

Yup Day 1 is going to be extremely useful as more flips are known

<snip>

Ok, I know I started it but can we move towards using 'paying attention to detail'?

I know that bits in my initial post to Dice (I'll assume you meant 511?) are tiny and insignificant, I said as much at the time.

And I don't have enough to explain stuff well yet, I am not reading Dice as town, and that's a problem. 70% of the time when he's not obvious town he's mafia.

If we're both around tomorrow then I'll reassess but this is my strongest feeling right now. Pending digging into some ISO's and hopefully addressing my placeholders earlier.

Unfortunately I'm at work, I have signal because of my current office location, but it's still work so I can't be on here all afternoon.

But... that doesn't roll of the tongue as well? lol I like when you dig into things though, makes me look at things differently. Sometimes go "WAHHHH????" So, it's nothing negative and I don't intend it as such:biggrin:

I just kinda grabbed a post # to keep my place because I saw you and Dice going back and forth and thought I'd make more comments on it than I ended up doing haha

Archived