DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quoting since I can't really chop on my phone, but irt BFG's big post from two hours after start of day.

I at least understand where you are coming from with Tabor and will take another look at it. Your point about dice not helping RTE is true, but I disagree with your conclusion, because Dice also didn't do anything to help bury RTE. Like you said, momentum was shifting there. I don't think anybody would have batted an eye if Dice pit a consolidation vote there and went to bed.

If RTE is town, I don't see any motivation to the NL suggestion. Avoiding getting his hands dirty?

I suspect annoyance with me after my 'case' and opinion that No Lynch was a bad idea. That vote was preceeded with a (paraphrased)'You want me to vote where I want BFG?'... sort of annoyed vibe. That's why I said it sounded almost like town Dice; since it had the 'I won't be bullied out of my position' vibe that Dice has as town. At that point with what? 12 hours to go? Tabor or RTE were getting lynched, he wasn't in danger, I was the only person 'on' him, RTE had stated suspicions but wasn't doing anything... RTE was also a FoS, but his attention was directed towards Tabor and No Lynch, the vote on RTE might have looked out of place - stretching maybe with that one; there was a solid FoS preceeding it.

I will accept that Dice's No Lynch vote doesn't 'clear' RTE, but I think he looks ~good anyway, following my ISO yesterday.

Taborline I don't know where these posts are coming from but keep at it. I'm almost ashamed to admit this actually makes me worry if you're getting this from a QT. Do you have a mentor this game? Can't remember

:smile: No, I'm just trying really hard, and so I'm likely completely wrong about everything :laugh:

How caught up are you?

BFG: top/bottom reads?

You're not going to like them

RTE, Tabor, Sooh, Razen are likely town here. Relatively confident on RTE/Tabor, need to review Sooh and Razen beyond end of day yesterday.

Pretty much everyone else is in my POE, not sure how I'd arrange you all yet :(

Clov is making me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure how much of that is just paranoia.

You've been pretty townie, but the complete opposite reads thing is starting to make me edgy

Lessa is starting to feel too easy, I don't think her vote is as decisive as the train today suggests

I'm pretty comfortable with Kronos pending more interaction

Hallia is troubling me; last game she was obvious townie by the end of Day 1, and I'm not sure I see that here

Rhea is sort of null as well.

Agree on Sooh/Raz for town, meh on RTE/Tabor: I want to see a Lessa flip to solve that. After her explanation did nothing to help her case, I think she's a good choice for a lynch today. I understand the "too easy" feel though

Red: why is he making you uncomfortable?

Green: You're telling me... I didn't expect to get Dice so off on d1, but that's past. I'm not going to back down from my reads though unless something better comes along. It would help to shake out some more game interaction with Kronos/Rhea for me, but I may just have to go back and do some rereading

<snip>

Red - mostly little things. As a general impression up until this morning I didn't really know what he was thinking, he seems distracted(?) I don't know really. I feel that he 'should' have been reading me better yesterday, but maybe he'd say the same about me? His follow up on the Cairos vote seemed almost nudgy? Equally I don't know that I've ever read him as mafia when he's been mafia, but this sort of confusion is frequent when he's town. I think we just seem to be in different places with regards the thread. I liked the vote on Cairos (prior to his follow up), I liked his read on Razen(? think it was Razen).

Green - lol, Dice was playing well, I'm not lambasting you for the read :) But today I don't really understand how you're voting Razen, while still thinking RTE and Tabor are scummy, yet she voted both of them with you yesterday. You have Clov as clear town and I can't move him out of null... But I absolutely do NOT want you to change your reads because someone disagrees, that doesn't help anything <3 You're also reading Hallia more positively than I am.

I kind of need to spend some time shoring up reads. Dice was probably my one good read in the game :sad: so I guess we'll see how stuff goes...

Apologies for being largely unpresent today. I've been busy, and now I'm kinda tired so I might take an early night. I promise I'll come back more strongly tomorrow. 

OK, here's my read of EOD activities.

EOD action really started when RTE said he was ready to go head-to-head with someone, but didn’t mention a name (and in the post right before, he had said Dice wasn’t his first choice of scum, so he wasn't pushing anyone at this point).

BFG is pushing a little for Dice (“A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote. Just saying”) maybe wanting people to explain more, dive into that pool and see where it goes.

Sooh is first off the ground with a vote, “Okay, let’s see what happens. Vote: Dice”, hence my reasoning that she’s Town.

BFG’s next synthesis post is definitely anti Dice (“Dice (1): Seemingly concerned with people's opinions, Town!Dice just isn't. Also isn't obvious town yet and Dice is very good at being obvious town when town (worth noting that Laine disagres with me and thinks Dice is obvious town”)

Which, at that point where only Sooh was going for Dice, would be a bad idea for someone on the scum team. If she were scum, she could easily just ignore Sooh’s vote, and use that post to pour more oil on me and on RTE.

RTE then goes Dice – could be a case of him being scum and getting to safety by going with a flow, but at this point only Sooh had actively put in a vote. If he were scum, again, he could have ignored her for now.

Razen then goes for Dice, piling on, which could be scummy now that we can see where the head-to-head is going.

Cairos, may he rest in peace, plops down the final Dice vote and gets us the 50-50 (Thank you, Cairois).

Lessa’s last minute RTE vote doesn’t look great – giving her team mate a 50/50 chance of survival.

My list:

Most likely Town: RTE, Sooh, BFG

Suspicious Scum: WBK, Clov, Lessa

OK, here's my read of EOD activities.

EOD action really started when RTE said he was ready to go head-to-head with someone, but didn’t mention a name (and in the post right before, he had said Dice wasn’t his first choice of scum, so he wasn't pushing anyone at this point).

BFG is pushing a little for Dice (“A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote. Just saying”) maybe wanting people to explain more, dive into that pool and see where it goes.

Sooh is first off the ground with a vote, “Okay, let’s see what happens. Vote: Dice”, hence my reasoning that she’s Town.

BFG’s next synthesis post is definitely anti Dice (“Dice (1): Seemingly concerned with people's opinions, Town!Dice just isn't. Also isn't obvious town yet and Dice is very good at being obvious town when town (worth noting that Laine disagres with me and thinks Dice is obvious town”)

Which, at that point where only Sooh was going for Dice, would be a bad idea for someone on the scum team. If she were scum, she could easily just ignore Sooh’s vote, and use that post to pour more oil on me and on RTE.

RTE then goes Dice – could be a case of him being scum and getting to safety by going with a flow, but at this point only Sooh had actively put in a vote. If he were scum, again, he could have ignored her for now.

Razen then goes for Dice, piling on, which could be scummy now that we can see where the head-to-head is going.

Cairos, may he rest in peace, plops down the final Dice vote and gets us the 50-50 (Thank you, Cairois).

Lessa’s last minute RTE vote doesn’t look great – giving her team mate a 50/50 chance of survival.

My list:

Most likely Town: RTE, Sooh, BFG

Suspicious Scum: WBK, Clov, Lessa

uhm...

bolded - I think you may have missed a few posts :laugh:

I'm also curious as to if you could expand on your RTE read? Yesterday I think you had his defence as possibly scummy?

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Lessa (4) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea

Not voting (7): Clov, Taborline, Hallia, BFG, Sooh, Kronos, Lessa

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

You did end up pushing harder for Dice, what did I miss?

My RTE read yesterday was a blind guess just putting out the possibility of a defense of someone else as being for Town cred.

Page 27ish, when I was trying to build a case on Dice and voted him. I wouldn't describe it as a weak push. I guess ymmv :/

Ok

Good morning to you guys too :sad:

As I'm currently going through the thread on my laptop and my phone working on my defense, I'm going to tell you that I'm not scum, I'm Ron. You know, Harry's best friend? I'm just vanilla town but thought I should let you know. Do u expect that to save me? No but it might buy me some time to post my defense

You did end up pushing harder for Dice, what did I miss?

My RTE read yesterday was a blind guess just putting out the possibility of a defense of someone else as being for Town cred.

Page 27ish, when I was trying to build a case on Dice and voted him. I wouldn't describe it as a weak push. I guess ymmv :/

Ok

Ja, you did definitely go to town on him, but that was the first mention I had found :) I didn't bring up all of your future ones, just your summary post where you were definitely number 1 against Dice.

I’ve snipped a LOT of quotes to try to keep this manageable :happy: GLGL

I’m also going to separate this into a few posts, to help deal with quote limits and also for future reference and possible issues with vote limits :/

Joke/Kick-starter Phase

[v]Cairos[/v]

A good kick starter phase; was on somebody that I don’t think Clov knows(?) who was posting at the time, so would get a reaction. I guess the vote was also on someone ‘rusty’ enough to get a reaction, and there was a fair bit of talk generated.

<snip>

I'm just curious Alannalyn.

You seemed shocked by the vote. Just a strange reaction.

[v]Hallia[/v]

This felt more like a joke vote, although Laine said she was looking for reactions (contested by Hallia) so maybe not. Other than my query didn’t generate much discussion

vote clov Bunyan told me to vote Cairos first and you messed it up!

hi folks!

Don’t think this means much really.

You seemed shocked by the vote. Just a strange reaction.

[v]Hallia[/v]

I love you too :wub:

<3 [unvote]

I am tired of laine beating up on me in all these mafia games :(

play/mod better then lol

:dry: [v]Dice[/v]

Dice asks if this is a revenge vote and she said yes, but I’m not sure what the connection is between Seph and Dice in this instance.

Cairos (1): Clov

Clov (1):Dice

Dice(1): Laine

Not Voting (10): Razen, Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Jagen, Cairos, Kronos, Lessa

Kronos asked why, Razen answered after 'TaborGate'… Again not much discussion generated. I don’t know enough about Tabor or Razen to know if this is that significant

Not much to say here; I include them because I ‘like’ completeness :laugh:

TaborTrain

<snip>

Agree on the role-fishing.

The reason I mentioned subbing out scum is because Taborline DIDN'T mention it. Why go straight to PR and not to scum? Why would having a PR be any more/less intimidating than rolling scum?

[unvote][v]Taborline[/v]

This is the first ‘serious’ vote of the game so looks *good for Laine regardless. The build up reads naturally.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from 2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

This has been discussed a lot, and I know Lessa responded to a fair bit towards the end of day, I’ll have to dig for it in a bit.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Cairos (1): Clov

Clov (1):Dice

Taborline (3): Razen, Laine, Lessa

Not Voting (8): Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Kronos

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:

WE HAVE APPROXIMATELY 23-1/2 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE

Nobody looks really bad for this. I can see why people think the votes are opportunistic, but I also understand why the votes are there. I thought the ‘that too’ post was pretty bad, and can see town and mafia jumping at it.

RTE train

On my phone, so I'm not going to try quoting everything.

I think Taborline's post was more likely to be bad okay than an outright scum claim. Could be bad town, could be bad mafia, but I'm not going to lynch him for it.

Similarly, I don't fault anybody for taking the stance against him. Razen's post was a very understandable conclusion - I don't think he was reaching (or completely making anything up) when he said it looks like role fishing.

The one that looks the worst to me is [v]ReleaseTheEvil[/v]. If he thinks it was a noob mistake, whatever, but immediately suspecting anybody for a different pov is incrediblybsketchy.

Again, I don’t hate this vote. I like that he’s looking elsewhere, once again generating discussion. Maybe I’m being too harsh again? :/

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Clov (1): Dice

RTE (1): Clov

Not Voting (8): Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Kronos

I've seen a lot of things I agree with being said so far.

My thoughts on people:

Taborline: New player making new player mistakes - nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm not buying she's scum yet.

Clov: Actually trying to find scum IMO - town lean

Laine: Similar to Clov - probably the most active and trying to do the most work. Town Lean

RTE: I'm with Clov here - his defense of Tabor makes sense, but his remark seems opportunistic yet he's unwilling to make a vote - leaning scum here

Hallia: Laine's got her meta down (<3 souvra)

Jagen/Sooh: as one who has left games for many reasons - this is by no means indicative of alignment - Jagen's reasons are her own - null because not enough to go on

Everyone else I'm pretty null on.

I feel good putting a vote on [v]RTE][/v] right now

Nothing stands out to me as off here either.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (2): Clov, kronos

Not Voting (7): Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

<snip>

I'm referring to my mistake of seeing the sub as important, or at least mentioning its importance.

I was leaning on Lessa in that statement, saying my mistake was really bad, but that of those who replied after me, she was the most suss.

My last statement was just to say that at this point, they could all be bad and just playing off of a set play as they have a town who has implicated themselves so badly.

That is a good observation. Because I went back and looked at Lessa's vote on you, and it is entirely based upon the fact that you did read a lot into the switch. Lessa's vote is actually looking worse to me as I read it, because it is an easy vote to make that hadn't really gone against the flow of things that had been said up to that point. She also didn't add anything we hadn't seen before. And I think she makes it sound bigger than it actually was, I don't recall you suggesting that Sooh throw the towel in or anything. If anyone's looking to score town cred, from reading this, I think it's Lessa. Unvote, vote: Lessa.

<snip>

Again, I like this vote. Looking outside the ‘set’ trains.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (2): Laine, Lessa

RTE (2): Clov, Kronos

Lessa (1): Razen

Not Voting (7): Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos

unvote forgot to do it earlier

Taborline got an answer for me?

Yup building up to a vote (probably)

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (2): Clov, Kronos

Not Voting (8): Taborline, Hallia, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Dice

JUST OVER 12 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE!

<snip>

You [Kronos] don't play that often, and I've seen you sub because it gets too nuts, but I am liking your play this game, your reads don't feel bad to me, and I am willing to join you on RTE. Could be scum defending a teammate, could be scum white-knighting a new townie, either way...

Vote: RTE

I think her other comment on RTE was that she didn’t like him saying that ‘at most only one of the active posters is scum’ and that she’d be watching him closely after he said he’d be watching everyone on Tabor closely. She says later she’s not sheeping, but her reason for voting is stated here as being because of RTEs defence; yet previously she seemed to take it as a joke before reading Kronos’s post…

Not really a fan of this vote.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (3): Clov, Kronos, Hallia

Not Voting (7): Taborline, BFG, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Cairos, Dice

8-1/2 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE

Also don't like Rhea"s post. It gives me the feeling she is (or should be?) Suspicious of him, but she just "notes it".

This might be mafia rust on her part, but she's been one of the only people in this game to not back up her suspicions with a vote. This stands out to me, bit too safe on her part.

[v] Rhea [/v]

I’ll be honest I don’t necessarily agree with the reasoning here (behind the vote on Rhea), but then voting is the weakest part of my game.

I quite like the fact that he goes Rhea over Lessa, although if Lessa flips mafia, it may slant things differently, as a vote by RTE there would have built up another competing train. This ‘could’ be a situation where mafia are burying votes on trains unlikely to go somewhere, but I still think that if it was Dice/RTE/Lessa she’d have joined the leading train at EOD for credit, since it was mafia either way. I guess it’s possible she just missed Cairos’s vote?

TLDR: Not liking Hallia's vote at this point

Archived