DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

*snip*

I don't know what you mean irt missing Sooh out.

In your Dice train analysis you didn't discuss Sooh's vote?

I wasn't trying to actually analyze all the votes, I was just trying to give the first thoughts I had.  I really don't have much of a read on Sooh at this point.  Off the top of my head, early position on a D1 mafia lynch is a plus, but I really don't remember any content from her this game.  The vote doesn't seem incredibly clearing for me because Mafia!Sooh might have thought it was a distancing point since Dice really wasn't at risk of being lynched at that time.  

Hoping she's around tonight so I can get some interactions with her.

*snip*

Okay, I went back and checked out Sooh's progression IRT Dice near deadline.  Vote count is at 4-1.

I'll be here until EOD now. Still unsure on which way I'm going to vote as I don't feel anyone sticks out as particularly scummy yet. Dice and RTE are both in my POE. I can't say I have any particular lean on players like Lessa and Rhea yet. I want to give Taborline another day. 

Are anyone free to talk to me? I feel like I need to discuss this with someone.

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying  :wink:

*snip*

I'm not unwilling to vote. Right now I'm just trying to see what happens. 

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

Clov, I'm sorry, but I need some more time and experience in reading you. 

Ok, let's see what happens..

[v]Dice[/v]

This makes it 4-2, and it's 4-4 by the next post.

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Do you still find RTE more suspicious than Dice?

We need people to vote though. I'm with BFG and don't want to move mine. 

^ Still 4-4 at this point

I still can't put Sooh on the same level as BFG based on how much work BFG did towards the lynch, and Sooh's vote didn't have the same impact on the lynch that Razen's did.  Her actual vote was pretty weak to me.  "Let's see what happens" doesn't really give me the impression she was super comfortable with the lynch.  She DID say that nobody stuck out as particularly scummy, but I'm just not in love with it.

That being said, the whole progression looks decent.  The post towards Hallia suggests that she really did want people to take a stance on it, and the fact she didn't want to be the one to break the tie is definitely a huge plus for her.  

@Sooh - is there any reason you DIDN'T vote RTE when he was a viable candidate and apparently in your POE?  What did your POE look like beyond Dice/RTE?

The reason I didn't vote RTE is that I thought his posts towards EOD were good, and I didn't feel at all sure that he would be scum. I voted Dice to see who would vote with me. At that point I was also liking a lot of what BFG had been saying about Dice throughout D1, and voting him felt more right. It was by no means a confident vote though.

I was there, F5-ing the thread every two minutes or so up until EOD, so even if my vote on Dice landed when he was in no danger to be lynched I was there to see a train on him form, and there were a few minutes up until the last second when Lessa voted that he was in the lead. I had plenty of opportunity to change my vote to RTE, creating some bogus reason for doing so since I had been suspecting him up until that point. 

I'm liking Clov's posts more today than I did yesterday. I still feel like I haven't been able to clear Taborline completely, but as of right now I'm mainly interested in Hallia and Lessa. Hallia just needs to talk more and get her thoughts in the thread, because I feel like I have no idea what she's thinking. 

I agree with you on Hallia - I need to see what she's thinking!  It could be related to her move though, so I'm hoping she gets more time as it winds down.

@ Hallia - Do you have an updated reads list based on what's happened up to this point?  I'd like to hear what you've thought so far.

You've also got a point about Taborline - she's laid low today, from what I've seen.  Would like to hear a bit more from her too, especially with what transpired at EOD yesterday.  She didn't want to be the deciding vote either way.  Almost gives me the feeling that she was hedging her bet because she knew both Dice's and RTE's alignments and didn't want to seem like she tipped it one way or the other.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing I've gathered from going back over threads is that I have a feeling RTE is Town.

On page 20, RTE is the first person (I think) to come out anti-Dice, and on page 27 he continues his suspicion, saying Dice is working up to a vote on me and continues later to direct people towards him. If they were team mates, why be the first person to get the ball rolling and then carry on mentioning him in suspicious ways? He does vote for Rhea instead at one point, and say Dice is on his list but he's still unsure, but that all seems quite Town to me.

/snip

There's just a lot wrong in this post. RTE never really pushed the Dice lynch. Reading back over his posts, he waffles a lot on his Dice read, calling it his weakest scum read and keeps trying to push over to Rhea while BFG is the one putting all the pressure on Dice. Eventually Sooh/RTE swing the train. Looking back over this, it does kinda look good for RTE, but I don't like Tab mis- representing RTE's actions. Pretty sure I just changed my read of RTE. Whatever.

Right now I'm not seeing a teammate throw a vote over on to a train that barely exists. Their votes were a MINUTE a part. RTE was going down anyways if the momentum didn't swing. Why Dice? He only had the BFG vote on him at the time and the Rhea train he wanted wasn't taking off, Tab was safe for the day, the only option was Dice. I could ALMOST see a teammate throwing that vote to make Dice look good in the long run (obv not knowing Sooh had already voted), but he didn't really have to vote there and at that point and taken the lynch as mafia. So. Yeah. Leaning town, def.

Ftr, scum pushing scummates is totally legit. Zander was trying to get Talya lynched from D1 in the Belichick game, so he could gain town credit. Just saying. Scum will do anything, they're crazy. lol

I'm still not sure why Dice didn't follow through on the RTE train or push RTE, yet RTE jumped on Dice to swing the train? It FEELS like RTE is town, but I have paranoia everywhere. It's rampant.

Not quoting since I can't really chop on my phone, but irt BFG's big post from two hours after start of day.

I at least understand where you are coming from with Tabor and will take another look at it. Your point about dice not helping RTE is true, but I disagree with your conclusion, because Dice also didn't do anything to help bury RTE. Like you said, momentum was shifting there. I don't think anybody would have batted an eye if Dice pit a consolidation vote there and went to bed.

If RTE is town, I don't see any motivation to the NL suggestion. Avoiding getting his hands dirty?

I suspect annoyance with me after my 'case' and opinion that No Lynch was a bad idea. That vote was preceeded with a (paraphrased)'You want me to vote where I want BFG?'... sort of annoyed vibe. That's why I said it sounded almost like town Dice; since it had the 'I won't be bullied out of my position' vibe that Dice has as town. At that point with what? 12 hours to go? Tabor or RTE were getting lynched, he wasn't in danger, I was the only person 'on' him, RTE had stated suspicions but wasn't doing anything... RTE was also a FoS, but his attention was directed towards Tabor and No Lynch, the vote on RTE might have looked out of place - stretching maybe with that one; there was a solid FoS preceeding it.

I will accept that Dice's No Lynch vote doesn't 'clear' RTE, but I think he looks ~good anyway, following my ISO yesterday.

I think I'm on the same page as BFG here now.

BFG: top/bottom reads?

You're not going to like them

RTE, Tabor, Sooh, Razen are likely town here. Relatively confident on RTE/Tabor, need to review Sooh and Razen beyond end of day yesterday.

Pretty much everyone else is in my POE, not sure how I'd arrange you all yet :(

Clov is making me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure how much of that is just paranoia.

You've been pretty townie, but the complete opposite reads thing is starting to make me edgy

Lessa is starting to feel too easy, I don't think her vote is as decisive as the train today suggests

I'm pretty comfortable with Kronos pending more interaction

Hallia is troubling me; last game she was obvious townie by the end of Day 1, and I'm not sure I see that here

Rhea is sort of null as well.

Agree on Sooh/Raz for town, meh on RTE/Tabor: I want to see a Lessa flip to solve that. After her explanation did nothing to help her case, I think she's a good choice for a lynch today. I understand the "too easy" feel though

Red: why is he making you uncomfortable?

Green: You're telling me... I didn't expect to get Dice so off on d1, but that's past. I'm not going to back down from my reads though unless something better comes along. It would help to shake out some more game interaction with Kronos/Rhea for me, but I may just have to go back and do some rereading

<snip>

Red - mostly little things. As a general impression up until this morning I didn't really know what he was thinking, he seems distracted(?) I don't know really. I feel that he 'should' have been reading me better yesterday, but maybe he'd say the same about me? His follow up on the Cairos vote seemed almost nudgy? Equally I don't know that I've ever read him as mafia when he's been mafia, but this sort of confusion is frequent when he's town. I think we just seem to be in different places with regards the thread. I liked the vote on Cairos (prior to his follow up), I liked his read on Razen(? think it was Razen).

Green - lol, Dice was playing well, I'm not lambasting you for the read :) But today I don't really understand how you're voting Razen, while still thinking RTE and Tabor are scummy, yet she voted both of them with you yesterday. You have Clov as clear town and I can't move him out of null... But I absolutely do NOT want you to change your reads because someone disagrees, that doesn't help anything <3 You're also reading Hallia more positively than I am.

I kind of need to spend some time shoring up reads. Dice was probably my one good read in the game :sad: so I guess we'll see how stuff goes...

I see what you mean about Clov, but I've liked his input so far, so I'm not too bothered. As for my vote on Lessa, and my bottom three being her/RTE/Tabor, I just explained that with my last post. Originally I was thinking a Lessa flip would shine light on all parties; I think if Lessa flips mafia, RTE/Tabor are pretty clear for me based on interactions d1. Granted, I'm also worried Lessa could be TWTBW

From post 776: remind me to go over my read of RTE from d1?

The two of you are very forthright with your opinions and too forward to be scum

You've never played with some of these other crazy people, have you? lol In this instance though, I believe you're right.

[v]Laine[/v]

Let's have some fun.

I probably deserve this vote.

BFG: so you agree that Dice was gearing up to a vote on Tabor?

I feel that Dice was waffling more than he should be on Tab and it looks bad for both of them. She would be an easy mislynch if town and while he applied pressure, he waffled around on that suspicion and did nothing with it.

To the "unnecessary" part of my post: I felt like it was a point in your favor. <3

I also found where you mentioned RTE previously :blush: but it didn't seem to factor into your read on Tabor???

I'm also intrigued as to why you seem to have RTE/Tabor/Lessa as your bottom 3? There isn't a group in there that makes sense?

I'm making no sense this game. Bah humbug. I DO think that Dice/Lessa makes sense. Also, Dice/Tab makes sense. Dice/RTE no longer makes sense on a reread. But I don't think there would EVER be a Dice/Tab/Lessa.

Top suspects:

Razen- for saying my vote on Taborline was oppertunistic when he kept his vote there, after reaction voting her, for the same post

Rhea and Kronos - haven't been able to gauge much from either but their votes seem to follow the flow of events

Top townie reads: AJ and BFG

Unsure as to everyone else

REALLY? I'm sitting in my own scum pile right now, tbh. :rolleyes: I wish that eye roll could be more sarcastic and less smiley. :dry:

*snip*

I also found where you mentioned RTE previously :blush: but it didn't seem to factor into your read on Tabor??

I'm also intrigued as to why you seem to have RTE/Tabor/Lessa as your bottom 3? There isn't a group in there that makes sense?

I'm making no sense this game. Bah humbug. I DO think that Dice/Lessa makes sense. Also, Dice/Tab makes sense. Dice/RTE no longer makes sense on a reread. But I don't think there would EVER be a Dice/Tab/Lessa.

I've been coming to the same conclusion you are re: Dice, Lessa, and Taborline.  You pointed out the reasons that Dice and Taborline would make sense in the part I snipped.  I'm going to see if Dice ever said anything towards or about Lessa, otherwise this is just based on her last minute vote at EOD.

@ BFG - You're right about the fact that Lessa could have decided to switch the train towards RTE when she had chosen to unvote had she wanted to.  The thing that I didn't like though, was that you could see that an RTE vote was coming, I don't see why she would have mentioned that right at the end when she chose to unvote if it wasn't.  She then followed up, right before the deadline, and admitted at the beginning of the day today that she hadn't had time to justify it.  Coupled with Dice's flip, it looks pretty bad to me.

BFG, you didn't mention Lessa in your reads list. Did you have a read on her?

Null, just ISO'd though and meh, still null.

Think she misunderstood the 'throw in the towel' stuff (or I did :rolleyes: as I;m pretty sure that that was in relation to why Jagen quit?)

The vote could well be opportunistic, there's an awkward bit with awareness of votes, phrases/assumptions made that don't match the experience I thought she had?

Basically need more info.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working :sad:

Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from 2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

First bold - does anyone know how much experience Lessa has? I thought she was pretty new, in which case normal reaction of town seems odd. If she's played before disregard this entirely

Second bold - I don't know if it's just awkwardly phrased or not, but I don't understand what she means. If she thinks Tabor is trying to get Sooh to throw in the towel and finds Jagen scummy for it then logically Sooh must be town? But she said whatever Sooh's alignment?

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work

It doesn't matter if it's new information, but at the moment there's nothing to show what you think or feel and that makes it impossible to read you. If you agree with somebody say what you agree with, if you disagree with something likewise.

Sorry for the WoT but I don't know the coding for the spoiler button.

Yes I have played here before but it had been a very, very long time.

I phrased that awkwardly and I apologize. I was trying to work out the thought process for someone to say "throwing in the towel". Upon rereading I now see that Taborline didn't mean it how I had thought she did when I first read it.

As for agreeing/disagreeing with things already said, I've never been one to like it. I'm terrible at writing essays for uni because of it as I don't see the point in restating something multiple times in slightly various ways.

I don't like how RTE is jumping to the defense of a few people and then never really going back to it.

Unvote

*snip*

I also found where you mentioned RTE previously :blush: but it didn't seem to factor into your read on Tabor??

I've been coming to the same conclusion you are re: Dice, Lessa, and Taborline.  You pointed out the reasons that Dice and Taborline would make sense in the part I snipped.  I'm going to see if Dice ever said anything towards or about Lessa, otherwise this is just based on her last minute vote at EOD.

@ BFG - You're right about the fact that Lessa could have decided to switch the train towards RTE when she had chosen to unvote had she wanted to.  The thing that I didn't like though, was that you could see that an RTE vote was coming, I don't see why she would have mentioned that right at the end when she chose to unvote if it wasn't.  She then followed up, right before the deadline, and admitted at the beginning of the day today that she hadn't had time to justify it.  Coupled with Dice's flip, it looks pretty bad to me.

If you had to vote someone else who would you vote?

Nice gifs, BFG :biggrin:

Not much action in the night, which is good for reading over new posts.

Razen, I don't know why you're saying I have laid low today (if you mean today Friday, then yes, as I only just got up), but I posted a lot yesterday.

As for RTE on D1, I felt like his defense of Tab came off as scummy, as well as calling Rhea and Lessa scum all of d1 but not really backing it up that much. Didn't like the trap-post about those being opportunistic jumping on Tab's train either.

I was going to quote but I can't bring myself to put in that much effort right now lol

Overall feeling a lot better about RTE

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

As for RTE on D1, I felt like his defense of Tab came off as scummy, as well as calling Rhea and Lessa scum all of d1 but not really backing it up that much. Didn't like the trap-post about those being opportunistic jumping on Tab's train either.

I was going to quote but I can't bring myself to put in that much effort right now lol

RTE used to get mislynched a lot as town for that sort of thing. Again, not saying it makes him town, but it is null, and the rest of his stuff looked good to me. The stagnant train looks good for him to, especially when followed by a CFD onto mafia.

I just barely missed your post. And I'm angry at myself, I just used wolfy for the first time in a while. Make. It. Stop.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

If Mafia!Dice pushes Town mislyches, why isn't RTE dead right now instead of Dice??

Are you saying you DO see a mafia Taborline or based on how Dice played it, he WANTS us to lynch Taborline?

Again, this is a bit hokie, so apologies in advance :sad:

If you were mafia, came into a thread at L1 with no conversation and nobody really looking elsewhere. What do you claim?

First thing I've gathered from going back over threads is that I have a feeling RTE is Town.

On page 20, RTE is the first person (I think) to come out anti-Dice, and on page 27 he continues his suspicion, saying Dice is working up to a vote on me and continues later to direct people towards him. If they were team mates, why be the first person to get the ball rolling and then carry on mentioning him in suspicious ways? He does vote for Rhea instead at one point, and say Dice is on his list but he's still unsure, but that all seems quite Town to me.

After I made my Sooh post about subbing, RTE defends me as a newb and Rhea then puts a bit of attention on him for that (all on page 23):

Rhea: I can't help but feel that RTE is doing a bit of defending (or maybe deflecting) here (bold and underlined). Taking note of that. Just notes, hunches, and gut feelings are all Iv'e got right now!

Laine also comments on this:

Laine: I feel like RTE's comment is him just trying to look good in this situation. Defend Taborline for town cred (defending the newbie) and present a "trap" for those opportunistically voting her? Mehhh

Clov then comes right out and goes for RTE with a full-on vote, calling it scummy to defend someone for cred. Also on the same page, he distances himself from Rhea, saying that he doesn't like that she only "notes" what's going on.

BFG still doesn't give me a definite feeling at this point.

Kronos then comes in and also goes straight for RTE, while defending me.

Dice comes in at this point and goes for me and RTE.

And that all looks like scum piling on to him.

I'm still reading, though...

Dislike most of this post.  I don't know if she just doesn't have the experience in mafia, but I think the bold is actually pretty standard scumplay - obviously mafia can't just latch onto all of their teammates the entire game, so they typically find SOMETHING negative about them.  Also disagree with the idea that RTE was the one who really got the ball rolling on Dice.  He might have been the first to mention Dice, I'm not sure, but I think most would agree BFG was the first (and really ONLY) reason that Dice got pressured D1.

As for the bottom, I feel like I'm reading a different thread than what's being said.  The quote about me is just blatantly wrong.  @Taborline - where are you seeing me saying defending is scummy?

On my phone, so I'm not going to try quoting everything.

I think Taborline's post was more likely to be bad okay than an outright scum claim. Could be bad town, could be bad mafia, but I'm not going to lynch him for it.

Similarly, I don't fault anybody for taking the stance against him. Razen's post was a very understandable conclusion - I don't think he was reaching (or completely making anything up) when he said it looks like role fishing.

The one that looks the worst to me is [v]ReleaseTheEvil[/v]. If he thinks it was a noob mistake, whatever, but immediately suspecting anybody for a different pov is incrediblybsketchy.

Kronos vote:

I've seen a lot of things I agree with being said so far.

My thoughts on people:

Taborline: New player making new player mistakes - nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm not buying she's scum yet.

Clov: Actually trying to find scum IMO - town lean

Laine: Similar to Clov - probably the most active and trying to do the most work. Town Lean

RTE: I'm with Clov here - his defense of Tabor makes sense, but his remark seems opportunistic yet he's unwilling to make a vote - leaning scum here

Hallia: Laine's got her meta down (<3 souvra)

Jagen/Sooh: as one who has left games for many reasons - this is by no means indicative of alignment - Jagen's reasons are her own - null because not enough to go on

Everyone else I'm pretty null on.

I feel good putting a vote on [v]RTE][/v] right now

I probably wouldn't call the bold "defending", but that's splitting hairs enough that I don't have any issue with her statement there.

Dice:

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it. 

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky. 

That's literally everything negative Dice said about RTE, and again, he never voted him.  

I wasn't trying to actually analyze all the votes, I was just trying to give the first thoughts I had.  I really don't have much of a read on Sooh at this point.  Off the top of my head, early position on a D1 mafia lynch is a plus, but I really don't remember any content from her this game.  The vote doesn't seem incredibly clearing for me because Mafia!Sooh might have thought it was a distancing point since Dice really wasn't at risk of being lynched at that time.  

(chopping)

RTE then goes Dice – could be a case of him being scum and getting to safety by going with a flow, but at this point only Sooh had actively put in a vote. If he were scum, again, he could have ignored her for now.

Razen then goes for Dice, piling on, which could be scummy now that we can see where the head-to-head is going.

Top - I'm not sure who this is about.  If it's talking about RTE ignoring Dice (not a her...probably), well... no he couldn't have.  Like you said, he had to get to safety.  RTE was at four votes and Dice was the only other person with multiple votes.  If he ignored Dice, what option did he have but to accept his lynch?

Bottom - ....what?

Clov, wrt that quote ("The one that looks the worst to me is [v]ReleaseTheEvil[/v]. If he thinks it was a noob mistake, whatever, but immediately suspecting anybody for a different pov is incrediblybsketchy.") I did read you completely wrong, I apologise.

The bottom one - I wondered if Razen's vote for Dice wasn't just an easy disguise for scum: you can see where the train is going, why be the one to disagree? Just go with the flow and lay low.

RTE used to get mislynched a lot as town for that sort of thing. Again, not saying it makes him town, but it is null, and the rest of his stuff looked good to me. The stagnant train looks good for him to, especially when followed by a CFD onto mafia.

How many mafia on the RTE train?

I think I can go with you on Tab being town if we get a Mafia Lessa flip. Other than that, I'm going to continue pushing there.

I just barely missed your post. And I'm angry at myself, I just used wolfy for the first time in a while. Make. It. Stop.

If Mafia!Dice pushes Town mislyches, why isn't RTE dead right now instead of Dice??

Are you saying you DO see a mafia Taborline or based on how Dice played it, he WANTS us to lynch Taborline?

Meh, I'll check it but I think Tabor and RTE are both Town here. Mafia Dice was gearing up to vote Town Tabor, and RTE is likely town through content. Of the 2 I'd say that RTE is marginally more likely to be a teammate, based on the FoS and the way RTE was holding off his vote (although that was a good catch on the timing of the votes :smile: )

When dice voted No Lynch there was no traction on him and the lynch was going to be RTE or Tabor, there was no need for him to do anything. Dice is hard to gain traction on normally as mafia, so there was no reason for him to think he'd be lynched. I failed last time in this situation and had Cory egging me on behind scenes. Votes have been slow all game, and I get that I'm part of that, but it's more reason for Dice to not have to worry about a CFD.

On page 20, RTE is the first person (I think) to come out anti-Dice, and on page 27 he continues his suspicion, saying Dice is working up to a vote on me and continues later to direct people towards him. If they were team mates, why be the first person to get the ball rolling and then carry on mentioning him in suspicious ways? He does vote for Rhea instead at one point, and say Dice is on his list but he's still unsure, but that all seems quite Town to me.

After I made my Sooh post about subbing, RTE defends me as a newb and Rhea then puts a bit of attention on him for that (all on page 23):

Rhea: I can't help but feel that RTE is doing a bit of defending (or maybe deflecting) here (bold and underlined). Taking note of that. Just notes, hunches, and gut feelings are all Iv'e got right now!

Laine also comments on this:

Laine: I feel like RTE's comment is him just trying to look good in this situation. Defend Taborline for town cred (defending the newbie) and present a "trap" for those opportunistically voting her? Mehhh

Clov then comes right out and goes for RTE with a full-on vote, calling it scummy to defend someone for cred. Also on the same page, he distances himself from Rhea, saying that he doesn't like that she only "notes" what's going on.

BFG still doesn't give me a definite feeling at this point.

Kronos then comes in and also goes straight for RTE, while defending me.

Dice comes in at this point and goes for me and RTE.

And that all looks like scum piling on to him.

I'm still reading, though...

Dislike most of this post.  I don't know if she just doesn't have the experience in mafia, but I think the bold is actually pretty standard scumplay - obviously mafia can't just latch onto all of their teammates the entire game, so they typically find SOMETHING negative about them.  Also disagree with the idea that RTE was the one who really got the ball rolling on Dice.  He might have been the first to mention Dice, I'm not sure, but I think most would agree BFG was the first (and really ONLY) reason that Dice got pressured D1.

As for the bottom, I feel like I'm reading a different thread than what's being said.  The quote about me is just blatantly wrong.  @Taborline - where are you seeing me saying defending is scummy?

On my phone, so I'm not going to try quoting everything.

I think Taborline's post was more likely to be bad okay than an outright scum claim. Could be bad town, could be bad mafia, but I'm not going to lynch him for it.

Similarly, I don't fault anybody for taking the stance against him. Razen's post was a very understandable conclusion - I don't think he was reaching (or completely making anything up) when he said it looks like role fishing.

The one that looks the worst to me is [v]ReleaseTheEvil[/v]. If he thinks it was a noob mistake, whatever, but immediately suspecting anybody for a different pov is incrediblybsketchy.

Kronos vote:

I've seen a lot of things I agree with being said so far.

My thoughts on people:

Taborline: New player making new player mistakes - nothing to be ashamed of, but I'm not buying she's scum yet.

Clov: Actually trying to find scum IMO - town lean

Laine: Similar to Clov - probably the most active and trying to do the most work. Town Lean

RTE: I'm with Clov here - his defense of Tabor makes sense, but his remark seems opportunistic yet he's unwilling to make a vote - leaning scum here

Hallia: Laine's got her meta down (<3 souvra)

Jagen/Sooh: as one who has left games for many reasons - this is by no means indicative of alignment - Jagen's reasons are her own - null because not enough to go on

Everyone else I'm pretty null on.

I feel good putting a vote on [v]RTE][/v] right now

I probably wouldn't call the bold "defending", but that's splitting hairs enough that I don't have any issue with her statement there.

Dice:

I think Tambourline's blunder is a noob one, and one very indicative of her noobness at mafia and nothing else. I will be looking closely at people who take the opportunity to build a train on her based on it.

Defense of Tab noted  Fos noted as stinky.

That's literally everything negative Dice said about RTE, and again, he never voted him.  

(chopping)

RTE then goes Dice – could be a case of him being scum and getting to safety by going with a flow, but at this point only Sooh had actively put in a vote. If he were scum, again, he could have ignored her for now.

Razen then goes for Dice, piling on, which could be scummy now that we can see where the head-to-head is going.

Top - I'm not sure who this is about.  If it's talking about RTE ignoring Dice (not a her...probably), well... no he couldn't have.  Like you said, he had to get to safety.  RTE was at four votes and Dice was the only other person with multiple votes.  If he ignored Dice, what option did he have but to accept his lynch?

Bottom - ....what?

Clov, wrt that quote ("The one that looks the worst to me is [v]ReleaseTheEvil[/v]. If he thinks it was a noob mistake, whatever, but immediately suspecting anybody for a different pov is incrediblybsketchy.") I did read you completely wrong, I apologise.

The bottom one - I wondered if Razen's vote for Dice wasn't just an easy disguise for scum: you can see where the train is going, why be the one to disagree? Just go with the flow and lay low.

I don't understand what you're saying here? Did you just vote RTE? If so why?

I don't understand what you're saying here? Did you just vote RTE? If so why?

No, I was quoting Clov's old post and it came out with the red, but I can't edit.

I can clarify: Unvote. Vote: Lessa

To go back to where I was.

How many mafia on the RTE train?

I think I can go with you on Tab being town if we get a Mafia Lessa flip. Other than that, I'm going to continue pushing there.

Depended on the mafia team /shrug

RTE may be able to answer better?

I also don't know if it's still the case - he was getting pushed for bad reasons in Pokémon and was shot as mafia early in Cliché and other than that I haven't played a game with him for a long time :/

I think Lessa needs to be resolved, or we're never going to get past that last minute vote. 

Does anyone else have an iffy feeling about Hallia?

Yes, at the moment I'm waiting for her to come into thread

Hallia is quiet. Kronos is quiet. Rhea is quiet. 1/3 mafia?

I need to get ready to leave so I wont be on much longer but I'm getting my friggin hair cut finally ugh

Hallia or Rhea imo

Archived