DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D1: She doesn't really get involved that much d1, calls me/BFG a town/town interaction when we were going back and forth. She does join me on the Taborline train though with the throw in the towel line.

It all really comes down to that unvote/vote on RTE. There's really NO WAY she wasn't evening out those lynch trains on purpose after Cairos put the fifth vote on Dice (especially with the timing of the unvote and 11 minutes later the vote)

@Clov: I had not intended my vote to be last minute. I was in the process of going through the game and finding the post of RTE's that didn't sit well with me when I saw how close it was to deadline. As a post explaining why I voted RTE would have taken me much longer to type than I had, I thought it best to vote then, and if I lived through the night, explain myself at that point. I didn't vote RTE when I unvoted because I was uncertain of who to vote for and was reading through the thread

This is so awful that I can't even. You don't just blind vote someone at the end of day and hope things turn out all right. Town was lynching Mafia!Dice at that point, adding an uninformed vote and planning to explain it away the next day just looks BAD.

She also claims Ron Weasley, and Vanilla, which pretty much does nothing. I'm not sure if this is good or bad? Normal scum play would be to claim cop and try to bring out the real one, but vanilla is more believable I suppose.

Ok first I shall address my vote on RTE. As the deadline was very close, I was trying to find what he had said that made me uncertain of his alignment. What made me uncertain was that he FOSed everyone who voted Taborline because she's new. In the games I've played in the very distant past, when someone FOSed everyone who voted for one person they tended to be scum. That added to how it felt like he was trying to gain town cred, made me lean toward him being scum.

Now, I know the last minute vote looks bad, not everyone needs to say that it looks bad because I already know, but I panicked. I felt I needed to vote and I didn't have a read on Dice at all so I voted for the one I thought I might have a read for. I also quite honestly had forgotten it would be a random lynch as I had also forgotten that this isn't a hammer game.

I know Dice mentioned how he didn't understand why I had votes D1 but I think he did that in case at any point during the game he was lynched and a townie would definitely soon follow.

Going from "I was trying to find the post that looked bad" to "this was the post I remembered that looked bad"

Votes for the one she has a read on instead of the scum member: again, informed decisions have to be made. I know this is all in retrospect, but for example, I was town reading Dice and scum reading RTE, I voted for RTE. You had a bad feeling at one time about a post that you couldn't quite remember, and had no reads on Dice, yet you still voted RTE. ???

RED: Next, this was the final vote count:

RTE (5): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine, Lessa
Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos
No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

If you thought it was a hammer game, did you think there would be consequences for a no lynch at the time? If so, why would you add to a competing train at last minute INSTEAD of adding to the majority train? That makes little to absolute no  sense at all.

Top suspects:
Razen- for saying my vote on Taborline was oppertunistic when he kept his vote there, after reaction voting her, for the same post
Rhea and Kronos - haven't been able to gauge much from either but their votes seem to follow the flow of events

Top townie reads: AJ and BFG

Unsure as to everyone else

If you really think Razen is scum and would rather him be lynched today, you are NOT helping your case at all. I don't like that this is the only case you have on Razen and your vote, yet you're not pushing for his lynch.

I like where my vote is. Now to look at Hally...

I liked her early reaction to her vote, it was natural and that's a point in her favor... she joined the RTE train with Kronos; Raz and RTE both call her out for sheeping and not having any reads. She gets a little defensive, but has put forth little to no game solve so far.

In light of what posts I've made since my last?

I like WBK's reads so far, as well as Soohs.  They're coming off as townish to me, along with Laine, BFG, and Clov.

You're [RTE] my scum for the moment.

^ this is her only reads list

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Soft defense of Dice?

We have until tomorrow to finish moving everything out of/cleaning our old apartment, so I was scarce after work today, catching up.

I do think that the chances of RTE being scum are now very very low.  I am also glad that a Dice is dead and scum, because I have a terrible time reading him.

I think Clov already mentioned this post as feeling fake, and that last line especially does. As for the rest of it: where is your catch up? Explain why yesterday RTE was scum and today he's not, in your own words. Who are you willing to lynch today?

I just need a lot more from you to call you town. You're pretty steadily falling down my list. I should be able to remember your content but I kind of keep forgetting you're in the game.

I haven't voted yet. I feel iffy about Hallia, but I can't make a compelling case based on what she has posted right now I don't think, unless somebody here sees something I don't. Holding on to my vote a bit longer, but basically I think it's Lessa or Hallia for me today.

I haven't voted yet. I feel iffy about Hallia, but I can't make a compelling case based on what she has posted right now I don't think, unless somebody here sees something I don't. Holding on to my vote a bit longer, but basically I think it's Lessa or Hallia for me today.

Do you think it's likely votes will move off of Lessa and to someone else or Hallia?

Do you think it's likely votes will move off of Lessa and to someone else or Hallia?

Probably not, and Lessa does need to be resolved somehow. I also would like to see more from Hallia before voting her. Just to make me more sure either way on her.

Clov talk to me about your POE? Why voting only Hallia or Kronos while actually voting Laine?

????

I said I would probably only be voting Laine or Lessa

Lol, I read your list as most willing to least for some reason...

Ok, talk about Laine and Lessa

Really good discussions except not enough from the people I want to hear most (in this order): WBK, Hallia, Taborline, Less

Very happy with where my vote is but here's a read list just in case I don't wake up on Day 3:

Town to Mafia

BFG

Clov

Razen

Sooh

Laine

WBK

Taborline

Rhea

Hallia

Lessa

WBK and Laine are interchangeable and based on recent activity I've swapped Rhea and Hallia. They are still quite close in terms of how I see them but Rhea has been playing the more townie game of the two on D2. 

I think I basically covered it when phase started for why I'm suspicious of them.  Since then, Lessa hasn't done anything to alleviate my concerns about her - all she's done is claim and give an unimpressive reads list.  

Top suspects:
Razen- for saying my vote on Taborline was oppertunistic when he kept his vote there, after reaction voting her, for the same post
Rhea and Kronos - haven't been able to gauge much from either but their votes seem to follow the flow of events

Top townie reads: AJ and BFG

Unsure as to everyone else

I was confident about Razen, just based on his role in the Dice lynch, and everything he's posted this phase makes sense to me.  There hasn't been anything that just seemed completely off.  The bottom I don't even know what she's saying, and she hasn't given me an answer.  It makes me think she saw the votes on her and went full anti-spew mode.

My reason for being suspicious of Laine is just how her and Dice seemed to dance around each other - I thought she was playing a pretty protown game prior to reviewing Dice after the flip.  This morning when she was trying to explain her read on him, she said she didn't know what the hell she was thinking.  I don't have an extensive background playing with Laine so I'm not going to pretend I know if she's more likely to say that as town or mafia, but not being able to explain a town read on somebody - after they flip mafia - is sketchy.  She didn't seem to have a ton of conviction in her vote, either.

I like the effort she's giving.  903 makes me think she's probably not mafia with Lessa (or I guess she could be and is already writing Lessa off as a lost cause?), but I'd really like to see some strong pushes towards others.  

I'm caught up and I can't see anything in D2 that has changed my reads at this point. RTE might be feeling a bit more townie to me, but I still feel the better vote today is Lessa. I think that would clear up a lot. 

I'm caught up and I can't see anything in D2 that has changed my reads at this point. RTE might be feeling a bit more townie to me, but I still feel the better vote today is Lessa. I think that would clear up a lot. 

Who are your bottom four, in order?  

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT (unchanged):

Lessa (5) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline

Razen (1): Lessa

Laine (1): Clov

Not voting (4): Hallia, BFG, Sooh, Kronos

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN ~6 HOURS

Archived