DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

Thank you!

Do you have that link?

Apparently there's been a lot of new acronyms added since I played last. It really hard to understand what ppl are saying when you don't know what the letter stand for.

Page 32.

Also, for those of you who don't know, I take note on paper. Yes...I am old. 

You can just ask me any questions you have.  I basically know everything.   :laugh:

Let me go find it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you read something that was essentially the exact opposite of what I said.   :dry:  And shortly after I said it originally, you replied to another post I made a half hour later and completely ignored that one.  

My real judgment of that post only came after EOD, going through the whole thread, so no I didn't comment on it at the time.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT (unchanged):

Lessa (5) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline
Razen (1): Lessa
Laine (1): Clov

Not voting (4): Hallia, BFG, Sooh, Kronos

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN 12 HOURS

The reason I didn't vote RTE is that I thought his posts towards EOD were good, and I didn't feel at all sure that he would be scum. I voted Dice to see who would vote with me. At that point I was also liking a lot of what BFG had been saying about Dice throughout D1, and voting him felt more right. It was by no means a confident vote though.

@Sooh - is there any reason you DIDN'T vote RTE when he was a viable candidate and apparently in your POE?  What did your POE look like beyond Dice/RTE?

I was there, F5-ing the thread every two minutes or so up until EOD, so even if my vote on Dice landed when he was in no danger to be lynched I was there to see a train on him form, and there were a few minutes up until the last second when Lessa voted that he was in the lead. I had plenty of opportunity to change my vote to RTE, creating some bogus reason for doing so since I had been suspecting him up until that point. 

I'm liking Clov's posts more today than I did yesterday. I still feel like I haven't been able to clear Taborline completely, but as of right now I'm mainly interested in Hallia and Lessa. Hallia just needs to talk more and get her thoughts in the thread, because I feel like I have no idea what she's thinking. 

Can you highlight the RTE posts that swung you away from him?  You said you had him in your POE about an hour and a half before deadline, along with Dice, and again at 11:32.  Obviously that doesn't mean you're sold on him being scum, but you specifically stated his "giving up post was bad".  Then the vote came a few minutes later, and these were the only posts by RTE in between.

I'm totally confused. As a noob I've been trying to figure out what's going on lol. Sorry for being quiet. I didn't know this game would be so quick. I don't know who to choose!

This seems genuine but just engage in discussions and give your views more. This game becomes hard when town doesn't put the work in needed to win. And in this case mafia have a handicap so we need to make the most of it.

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying  :wink:

*snip*

I'm not unwilling to vote. Right now I'm just trying to see what happens. 

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

Clov, I'm sorry, but I need some more time and experience in reading you. 

It's not giving up. There is almost literally no way the vote will go differently in the amount of time left. It's just acceptance of what is an inevitable fate at this point. 

I haven't played enough with Clov but we are also in a bad spot if he isn't town if that isn't obvious already. Wish he would be around more though in this game. Feel he's shooting from the sidelines, albeit with good points. 

None of these would have made ME feel better about him (and the last one would probably have made me feel worse, but nobody else seemed to have noticed  :dry: ) , so I'm not sure if YOU got something from these or if they came from before this point?

On a side note... middle paragraph is probably true, but I'm not sure how viable the switch would have been for mafia!Sooh.  A last second change would have been incredibly damning if/when Dice eventually flipped.  And I don't know that anybody would have bought moving off Dice when he's not saying/doing anything.  Obviously this doesn't matter now, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Yeah, no, it was neither of those posts. It was what happened after that. Like I said in my vote I wanted to see what would happen if I voted Dice. If I could get any sort of movement towards him at all. The RTE train wasn't going anywhere and had been there a long time. If you read earlier in the day my comments on RTE I believe I mentioned being able to see him both as mafia and town. 

I'll go through his posts during EOD now, so hang in there. 

Also FYI, it's doubtful that I'll be around for EOD today, seeing as it's 6am and I'm on holiday and like my sleep. We'll see though. If I'm not decided on who to vote by the time I go to bed I'll get up in time to read up and cast a vote. 

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying :wink:

*snip*

I'm not unwilling to vote. Right now I'm just trying to see what happens. 

I'm not sure RTE is mafia, but I think the giving up post was bad. Like I said, RTE is also in my POE. 

It's D1, and I'm hardly sure about anyone. I feel like BFG and Laine are town, and that's good for me. At least I can look at their reads and feel like they are honest. 

Clov, I'm sorry, but I need some more time and experience in reading you. 

It's not giving up. There is almost literally no way the vote will go differently in the amount of time left. It's just acceptance of what is an inevitable fate at this point. 

I actually kind of liked this post. Sometimes you come up against inevitable lynches and sometimes you just have to take it as town too, and hope that your fellow townies can gather information from it. It's true I didn't like his giving up post, but this just sounded differently to me. 

Eh, Dice is defensive both ways

Yup, this is true. Dice's play is inconsistent to me. You can't use activity to read him, nor his reactions or propensity to be defensive. The no lynch choice is beyond me, that I really don't get from him.

RTE voted Dice apparently mainly for self-preservation, but he does mention the no lynch option a few times. To me that no lynch vote was just a placeholder, because there was no way the result was going that way. It was a safe place to put your vote without having to point fingers at someone or make a case.

But back to RTE, at this point I was starting to feel better about him. I don't really know how to explain it, whether it's tone or just his attitude, but I did like him more. 

Please tell me what you would like me to go back to. Haven't seen anything at all from Taborline that suggests she isn't town, therefore I stand by my "defence" of her and my town stance on her.

He's still considering other options. Looks good to me. I also think that what he says about Taborline makes sense though I'm not ready to clear her yet. 

Lessa, Cairos, and Taborline are all here and haven't voted.

Any chance at least one is scum?

Paying attention, pointing out things, is active. It's a good thing in my books. 

I don't want to be a deciding vote on a guess, though.

So don't make it a guess. Express your reasoning behind your vote and then do it. No one can blame you if you explain your thought process behind it.

I like this post too. Edging her on to make a choice, but not instructing her. 

OK....here's my reads and recap of D1  (I will update after I read through all of D2 so these could change)

Cairos - Null

I really didn't think anything about his reaction to Clov's vote. 

He had RL stuff going on and didn't post much.

Last minute vote on Dice. 

Laine – on the fence

Votes Hallia - unvotes after she pops in

Votes Dice - revenge vote, ok. No casing yet. Lots of good talk.

Not sure what to think of the Taborline vote after this. Seemed odd.

Post 554 - has a town read on Dice

unvotes

more good chatter, I didn't find anything that pulled me one way or the other.

Votes RTE - Not sure of the reason, it was hard to decipher but what I got was that this vote was r/t BFG stating that RTE wasn't voting for Dice at that point.

I think that activity is good and posts/cases are good. There’s something nagging at me though. Can’t put my finger on it. 

Dice - Dead Mafia

Votes Clov which I felt was a joke vote. 

Thought Carios's reaction was Null.

unvotes

post 542 seems rather angry, leans are Laine and BFG but I wasn’t sure if that was town or scum lean.

Post 545 clarify,  town lean Laine ad BFG. I’m thinking one or both of them is scum. 

Votes No Lynch on Day 1 for “more info”…we know how that ends.

RTE – Gut says Mafia

Before you jump on me for this please remember this is my Day 1 reads. 

Back to my noting his defense of Taborline, lots of discussion about this. First off, I make notes, as I said. I don’t recall saying that was suspicious, and later he states that me not voting him when ppl are baking up their “reads” with votes. Then he votes me for not voting for him. Which I find incredibly odd. I’ve never seen anyone vote for someone for NOT voting for them. Even later he escalates this even further by saying that my notation made him my “top suspect”. Paranoia? I don’t get how it went from me taking a note got to be him as my top suspect. This just doesn’t sit right at all. 

As for the rest he says his bottom three are me, Lessa and Dice. Though he waits till 20 min to deadline to change his vote to Dice. 

Post 632. “not sure about Dice but I am town”. And then happens to mention the No Lynch vote from Dice. Not sure if this is town grasping at straws or Mafia looking for a way out. Like a me-or-him scenario. His vote makes it 4 Dice 3 RTE. Closer to getting himself off the chopping block.

Razen – Town 

First vote on taborline felt like a joke vote to me. I did’t think anything of it.

I really liked post 361 – Liked Dice’s responses but felt the Clov came out better for the exchange.

Votes Lessa for her Taborline vote thinking it’s for town cred.

Votes Dice.

Pretty much everyting I’ve seen from Razen feels like town trying to look for scum. 

Taborline – leaning Town

I really think that all of day for Tab felt like her trying make up for a blunder she made with the Jaggen comment. 

No votes. I don’t get any bad vibes from her. The only thing keeping me for saying yeah she’s town is that she said she’s town on post #580 which I thought was too soon, but also noobish. 

BFG – Town

Love all of your posts!

Your casing on Dice was spot on! Nice job!

Even after you made your initial case on Dice and voted for him you continued to make your case and that for me is a town move.

Kronos – Null

Not enough to go on. Not a big poster, but this is nothing new.

Vote for RTE is relatively good. And probably what gave RTE his ammunition for voting me. 

Sooh – leaning town

Like all your posts. Good logic.

I’d love to chat more! (post 594) I wish this wasn’t killing me right now!

Still trying to get a feel for you. But nothing is screaming at me either way.

Hallia – Null

Love you too Mentee girl!

A few posts, not making any big cases. Following Kronos and voting RTE. 

Sorry hun, that did feel sheepish to me too.

Lessa – Day 1 actions make me believe she’s Mafia. 

I just cant shake the feeling that that unvote at 11 min to DL and the last second vote on Dice was a mafia attempt to cause chaos.

At the end of day 1 my feelings were that Dice, Lessa and RTE are mafia team-mates. 

Ok. I have a pounding headache.

My vote on Lessa stands for now.

I’ll be back to do the rest in a bit. I wont’ miss the DL today.

But those posts came quite a bit after you already voted...?  I guess they explain why you stayed on Dice, but I'm trying to figure out the thought process behind going there over RTE initially.

I voted because I liked BFG's case on him. She had already voted him, and I wanted to try to make a second train to see if we could stir up some activity at the end of day 1. 

That's a pretty good looking reads list for through eod, but I have a few issues

-Taborline: I don't understand how you can hold back a read because she claimed town.  Everybody is going to claim town.  How is that even remotely alignment indicative?

-RTE: Already explained why I think the vote is null, and a townie trying to get himself of the chopping block IS pro-town.

-Lessa: Having her as mafia is fine, no issue there, but two things.  First, she didn't have a last minute vote on Dice, it was on RTE.  Second, having RTE/Lessa as teammates doesn't make much sense to me.  Lessa would look really good if RNG decided to kill Mafia!RTE, but wouldn't she have gotten the same benefit from helping take Dice down?  

The only way I see her coming out ahead in that situation is if she votes RTE, Dice dies anyways, and RTE still gets lynched later.  

But those posts came quite a bit after you already voted...?  I guess they explain why you stayed on Dice, but I'm trying to figure out the thought process behind going there over RTE initially.

I voted because I liked BFG's case on him. She had already voted him, and I wanted to try to make a second train to see if we could stir up some activity at the end of day 1. 

POG is...that direction.  *points*  :wink:

I've gone over Sooh's ISO a couple times, and I'm still not comfortable putting her as 100% cleared.  Her vote doesn't really make sense as a bus vote - too early, presumably a townie as the other wagon, and not enough negative things said about Dice that she would really stand out for avoiding his lynch - but I can't find nay progression on him that makes me think she genuinely wanted him lynched.  Even with her clarification, I still have some doubt - today she said she liked BFG's case, but she didn't really comment on it at all during D1.

Her answer to what...dissuaded, for lack of a better term?...her from RTE relies on posts from after her vote but the flow of the thread during the lynch makes me feel like she was already feeling better about him when she voted.  

It's inconsistent enough that I don't feel great about her, and I have to think that IF there was a bus vote on Dice, it pretty much has to be her.  That being said, she's definitely more likely to be town than most people.

I guess my POE for today is Hallia/Kronos/Tabor/Laine/Lessa.  I don't imagine I would vote outside of the bottom two for now, but I won't fight a lynch on any of them.

How sure are you on Lessa?

I'm going to review ISOs on Lessa and Hallia right now before I sleep; I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with her lynch sitting there like that and I'm not sure why. I can't remember right now her defending herself much at all

hug.gif

giphy.gif

:wub:

Holy pirate cuteness!!! 

Thanks! I needed that!

I'm really slow cuz I keep taking breaks. Up to page 26. LOL

NP, I'm dead slow reading :(

I guess my POE for today is Hallia/Kronos/Tabor/Laine/Lessa.  I don't imagine I would vote outside of the bottom two for now, but I won't fight a lynch on any of them.

I'm going to review ISOs on Lessa and Hallia right now before I sleep; I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with her lynch sitting there like that and I'm not sure why. I can't remember right now her defending herself much at all

If you're asking if I peeked her, the answer is no....probably.  :dry:

re: Hally: Yeah a few games. I knew she was scum in Middle Earth with everyone telling me I was wrong, so I backed off. Then she was town in the other games we played together, though I think I scum read her in a game when she was town (Alien, I think?). I need to look back over her content in a minute.

If you're asking if I peeked her, the answer is no....probably.  :dry:

I wasn't even thinking about that LOL I just want to make sure we're lynching the right person. Her train has been there since the start of day pretty much.

Archived