DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

Ok I feel like I've read a good bit to have some idea on how to play. I don't know much about some of the other players to say yes or no on, but I'll pick on Seph and vote him. Not sure why it strikes you as odd unless your attempting to read more into what I said. There is no hidden meaning believe that or don't your call.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

don't question me, these reads came from God so far as all of you know

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

you darfing again? cool :cool:

dunno yet if that makes you more town or less, but we'll find out during the game,  right?

this game has a slow pace. Now, usually, i don't mind, but yeah... it needs to speed up a bit...

eenie, meenie, miny, moe....

[v] Seph [/v]

why should we keep you alive?

That doesn't actually sound so random to me. I don't know why, I think the "why should we keep you alive" part.

And my apologies for lack of responses I still feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but from what I've seen you have normal conversations and guess whose good or bad by voting them. The problem I see is how subtle everyone is. It's like playing the game of houses

It is a kind of game of houses. You have to find out who, while trying to appear as helping, is actually trying to get innocents lynched, and then you have to convince people to lynch that person.

Ley any thoughts on Darthe atp?

My thoughts on Darthe are currently: I'm gonna let him poke around for a while longer and then I'll see wheter or not he becomes helpful.

im just wondering cause he usually has way more posts atp from games ive played with him.  i have a hard time reading him so looking for whatever.  ive had no problems with his posts just looking for things that stick out,

yeah, Darthe is not getting lynched D1, that's for sure. I think concensus is giving him the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it's not gonna bite us in the arse

no most certainly not....just trying to get better reads on him

Ok.. I just read the whole game as is again to see what I could find. 

Talya didn't have a great beginning, but we've discussed that before. I'm not ready to pass judgment there.

Villagery players so far to me are Verb and Zander.

I have a village lean on Ley also.

Corvhin looks like he's trying to figure things out to me. I take it he mentioned the people he mentioned because he feels more comfortable interacting with those he knows a little already. I don't lean neither town nor mafia with him yet. 

I feel like I'm having trouble seeing where Darthe and Mawt are coming from in this game. Mawt I don't know at all, and Darthe is playing strangely. 

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

dunno yet if that makes you more town or less, but we'll find out during the game,  right?

this game has a slow pace. Now, usually, i don't mind, but yeah... it needs to speed up a bit...

[v] Seph [/v]

That doesn't actually sound so random to me. I don't know why, I think the "why should we keep you alive" part.

And my apologies for lack of responses I still feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but from what I've seen you have normal conversations and guess whose good or bad by voting them. The problem I see is how subtle everyone is. It's like playing the game of houses

It is a kind of game of houses. You have to find out who, while trying to appear as helping, is actually trying to get innocents lynched, and then you have to convince people to lynch that person.

I've bolded the bit in maroon. you would only try to appear as helping if you were wolf, as town you would be trying to be helpful, there is a difference, one you do one you try to appear you are doing. Slip? not sure but it something to bear in mind.

I would also advocate not lynching Darthe day 1 - not that I necessarily think he is town, I have a Null read, but I get a feeling something else is going on, or Darthe wants us to. either way it will come out in the wash.

Tayla I do not have wolf meta, which is why I said I would be cautious; but I have 5 games or so of town meta. That is what I am going off of.

Fiancee goes to work in a hour, so I will be around more.

My point was that you said you thought his wolf game would be a certain way. I can understand you saying you think he is town because he is on his meta, but you added that extra bit. Which I found odd.

Zander prob wolf

Why?
When the mods ranked our roster his name landed on a spot designated to be a wolf.

ahh, so you have the magic numbers...care to share them?

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

This sounds to me like you are either trying to change meta and act all obscure, or maybe being directed by someone else. Your posts sound disjointed.

Can we all back up to the moment Talya really suggested that there was a player on this forum who could direct me?

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

[v] Seph [/v]

I've bolded the bit in maroon. you would only try to appear as helping if you were wolf, as town you would be trying to be helpful, there is a difference, one you do one you try to appear you are doing. Slip? not sure but it something to bear in mind.

Read it again, and pay attention to what word the bolded refers. Just stop skimming, okay? If you really can't help but misread things so often, mafia's probably not the right game for you.

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

[v] Seph [/v]

Read it again, and pay attention to what word the bolded refers. Just stop skimming, okay? If you really can't help but misread things so often, mafia's probably not the right game for you.

Ugh yes.. Talya seems so grasping at straws atm...

Nope sooh, just pointing out things I see, still looks like wrong choice of words there. I play because I like playing it, I like to have fun. I play Trivial Pursuit as well, get quite a lot wrong there too but it doesn't stop me playing. :tongue:

You are getting personal Ley, are you hiding something? I haven't actually seen you doing much, apart from a few snarky comments.

Nope sooh, just pointing out things I see, still looks like wrong choice of words there. I play because I like playing it, I like to have fun. I play Trivial Pursuit as well, get quite a lot wrong there too but it doesn't stop me playing. :tongue:

You are getting personal Ley, are you hiding something? I haven't actually seen you doing much, apart from a few snarky comments.

I'm just a bit annoyed that this is the second time (if not more?) that you're reading something I said just plain wrong. Read more careful and you'll realize there's nothing wrong with the sentence. I'll help you:

You / have to find out / who, while trying to appear as helping, is actually trying to get innocents lynched, / and then / you / have to convince / people / to lynch / that person.

Who, / while / trying to appear / as helping, / is [actually] trying to get / innocents / lynched.

The full second sentence is the object in the first one.

Let me clarify a bit more (didn't have time for that when writing out previous post): If the "while try to appear as helping" would have been about the "you", I would have had to place it directly behind "you", behind "lynched" (ambigious form; could refer both to "you" and to "who") or at the end of the sentence (afte "person"). The way I wrote it, however, is NOT ambigious and can ONLY have that part refer to the "who". Claiming otherwise is claiming I used incorrect grammar that caused a different, correct way to read it to stand in its place.

Well, first off you know very well that I tend to be pretty precise about grammar, and second, it's plain implausible. The human mind works in such a way that you won't accidentally make a different sentence with a clause to the object instead of the subject, at least not when the setup of the sentence is relatively easy (and there are no weird loopholes here). Least of all when it's coming from someone aiming for a career as writer.

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

[v] Seph [/v]

I would also advocate not lynching Darthe day 1 - not that I necessarily think he is town, I have a Null read, but I get a feeling something else is going on, or Darthe wants us to. either way it will come out in the wash.

Tayla I do not have wolf meta, which is why I said I would be cautious; but I have 5 games or so of town meta. That is what I am going off of.

Fiancee goes to work in a hour, so I will be around more.

My point was that you said you thought his wolf game would be a certain way. I can understand you saying you think he is town because he is on his meta, but you added that extra bit. Which I found odd.

Zander prob wolf

Why?
When the mods ranked our roster his name landed on a spot designated to be a wolf.

ahh, so you have the magic numbers...care to share them?

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

This sounds to me like you are either trying to change meta and act all obscure, or maybe being directed by someone else. Your posts sound disjointed.

Can we all back up to the moment Talya really suggested that there was a player on this forum who could direct me?

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

[v] Seph [/v]

this just pings me, when I was a new player turin did this to me when he was a wolf. Lecturing me in thread, and it really made me not want to participate in the current game, or even join another game. 

Corv just be yourself man, and just help figure out the game.

Thanes question seems random to me, and is a good reaction test imo. You should keep me alive if you want to thane, I am going to be helping solve this game.

agree with darthe, and thane the activity needs to pick up.

Currently have 

town

thane

dice

Verbal

zander

darthe

alanna

Rte

sooh needs more content 

mawt-can't remember too much from mawt

tayla - I am having difficulties here, but she is her from earlier suspicions

ley- has been bugging me, and I dislike his interaction with corv

where I am sitting at currently, need more people to come post.

[v] ley[/v]

Archived