DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

What I'm getting from Verbal is that he's covering his arse by announcing his crappy mafia-play lately. So if he plays well, he's town?

Similar to you saying you are town in your post. He followed up on what I had said, and someone else about playing a wolf game, I think it is a null tell.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Ley...the terms used don't indicate what you are, it's the difference between using the terms wolf, seer, villager: which is related to werewolf game (what they were first called here). Then other players from other sites came and terminology changed to; Mafia, scum, cop etc. now there seems to be a reverse back to wolf/seer etc. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I read it you thought what you used was indicative to alignment. :-)

We didn't really use the village/seer terminology in the beginning - we did use wolves, but then healer/finder instead of doc/cop.  It quickly went into mafia/town for years, and now is expanding a bit due to the influx of offsite people joining DM.

Ah, you are right it was finder, wow, I forgot that, seer sounded right (probably because it was different to cop). I stand corrected. Your memory is better than mine.

I have to say Verb, you are playing differently from House of cards, that I read, so we shall see where that goes (in case anyone asks he was wolf there).

Yes, I am playing differently.  Like I said, my wolf game is subpar right now, so I'm glad to be a villager again.  Darthe will prob chime in on this once he's back.

I had you as town lean for a while until the day you were lynched and you seemed to go off the rails. And now you have me doing another little irk of mine and that is to talk about other games, in a game...shame on you :tongue:

yes my sooh vote was an inside joke! still keeping my vote here for now...see what happens.

seph finally not jumping on me early actually makes me worried.  though could be he just gave up thinking im wolf and clued in im always town.

though its only day 1 so meh.

@ Ley...the terms used don't indicate what you are, it's the difference between using the terms wolf, seer, villager: which is related to werewolf game (what they were first called here). Then other players from other sites came and terminology changed to; Mafia, scum, cop etc. now there seems to be a reverse back to wolf/seer etc. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but I read it you thought what you used was indicative to alignment. :-)

We didn't really use the village/seer terminology in the beginning - we did use wolves, but then healer/finder instead of doc/cop.  It quickly went into mafia/town for years, and now is expanding a bit due to the influx of offsite people joining DM.

Ah, you are right it was finder, wow, I forgot that, seer sounded right (probably because it was different to cop). I stand corrected. Your memory is better than mine.

I have to say Verb, you are playing differently from House of cards, that I read, so we shall see where that goes (in case anyone asks he was wolf there).

Yes, I am playing differently.  Like I said, my wolf game is subpar right now, so I'm glad to be a villager again.  Darthe will prob chime in on this once he's back.

I had you as town lean for a while until the day you were lynched and you seemed to go off the rails. And now you have me doing another little irk of mine and that is to talk about other games, in a game...shame on you :tongue:

you're so strange this game

Well you voted me.

I asked why.

You said something about hunting wolves.

Sounds like you calling me a wolf. Why else vote me while proclaiming to be hunting the wolvies?

Hence why I wanted an explanation.

I am town

Can you think of any other reason he might vote you and say that?  Does it have to mean you're a suspect in his eyes?  Darthe loves misdirection, so I'm not really buying this post as sincere right now.

What I'm getting from Verbal is that he's covering his arse by announcing his crappy mafia-play lately. So if he plays well, he's town?

Actually, yes.  But that isn't the point.  I'm being very pro-village thus far, and you are starting to look like somebody that doesn't want a clear villager to appear.

Talking about a prior game that is over?  So you mean, like, meta?  Because that's what prior games are - meta food.

To be honest I felt a bit like this too, but that's also because I'm a bit afraid of Verb because he is such a good player (I remember that when I started, he was seen as one of the two best players on DM). For now I'm not suspecting him, though.

yes my sooh vote was an inside joke! still keeping my vote here for now...see what happens.

seph finally not jumping on me early actually makes me worried.  though could be he just gave up thinking im wolf and clued in im always town.

Zander I feel like when you are town your play is excited. I feel like if you were a wolf, you would play more reserved with your posts, and I really like the fact you usually say what is on your mind.

Darthe obviously my read on you was thin. Your playing a entirely different town game than you usually do of course I am going to notice, And your reaction to it seemed pretty defensiveness.

If your town I hope to see it later.

MIDSERECTION

i c wut u did thar

To be honest I felt a bit like this too, but that's also because I'm a bit afraid of Verb because he is such a good player (I remember that when I started, he was seen as one of the two best players on DM). For now I'm not suspecting him, though.

Thanks, but that was a long time ago.  I'm like the 2003 Michael Jordan that should have just stayed retired.

I know it is Verb, but people sometimes go on and on about other games in a thread and it's not always meta related.

MIDSERECTION

this looks so rude, >.>

@Darthe - why am I strange?

You tell me

I know it is Verb, but people sometimes go on and on about other games in a thread and it's not always meta related.

MIDSERECTION

this looks so rude, >.>

@Darthe - why am I strange?

You tell me

I don't think I am, but I have been told it by my daughter and a couple of friends at work before now!

Thanks, but that was a long time ago.  I'm like the 2003 Michael Jordan that should have just stayed retired.

Well, I'm remaining careful until I get a better meta on you from seeing you a few times.

Going through some stuff that caught my attention:

Seph, What was it about dice that makes you think he is town? 

I think for now these are in my town pile
Zander
Verbal
Dice

I'm trying to fight the sleepy bug... regardless the route driver I am with tomorrow said it should be a slow day, so I should be checking in often here.

and a couple of things about these posts. 

Zander I feel like when you are town your play is excited. I feel like if you were a wolf, you would play more reserved with your posts, and I really like the fact you usually say what is on your mind.

Darthe obviously my read on you was thin. Your playing a entirely different town game than you usually do of course I am going to notice, And your reaction to it seemed pretty defensiveness.

If your town I hope to see it later.

Bolded Blue - Why are you keeping your vote there, what are you hoping to see, or is it still there because a few people already picked up on one of Sooh's posts? 

Bolded Green - the reason I don't like this is that you are giving him meta about how he plays wolf, although he has never been wolf (at least that is what I get from the way you say this). Because of this you think he is town? 

@ Darthe - why don't you tell me why you think I'm strange, you're the one that said it after all. It was said to me earlier, if you're town you are not being very townie not hellping town out on the reason you do things. I get stick for it so can you. you a great player, so take up the helm and lead town better, please (if you are town that is).

Tayla, it was his interactions with sooh. The posts sooh made are the ones that have got her mislynched in every game I have played with her.

It seemed to me like he was helping her.

You misread thay tayla. I have never seen zander play as a wolf, and i don't think he has ever played. Correct me if I'm wrong there zander

I am pretty sure zander has been in every one of my games as town, and it is just my conclusion to reading him.

Is that all it is? Perhaps I've just been gone to long.

Doesn't mean I don't want an explanation though.

your persistent defense of a vote against me is noted

I guess it does work out that way. It's more the fact that darthe's vote and play bothers me in the extreme than the target of the vote. Apparently following it will gain me nothing, so I'll leave it. For now.

If you wanna feel included, you can vote me as a joke.  :wink:

As for joke votes, I generally ignore them and look for the first vote a person makes once game discussion begins. That's why Darthe's vote is sticking out to me, I don't care if it's on me or somebody else, it just feels so out of place.

@Dice I prefer scum/town too, I only say wolf/villager if I'm paraphrasing someone. It makes me feel all weird

Joke votes are ok, as long as they are said they are. But to ignore votes at the beginning because you think they are joke votes is not a good idea.

/snip/

I don't just /ignore/ them, I just use my own judgement to determine whether it truly is a joke vote or not first. Speaking of which...

Um, what do you think is gonna happen? I don't understand. "See what happens" is what's throwing me here. Are you specifically speaking about Sooh or in general for day 1?

Well you voted me.

I asked why.

You said something about hunting wolves.

Sounds like you calling me a wolf. Why else vote me while proclaiming to be hunting the wolvies?

Hence why I wanted an explanation.

I am town

Can you think of any other reason he might vote you and say that?  Does it have to mean you're a suspect in his eyes?  Darthe loves misdirection, so I'm not really buying this post as sincere right now.

Actually, yes.  But that isn't the point.  I'm being very pro-village thus far, and you are starting to look like somebody that doesn't want a clear villager to appear.

/snip/

Okay I get what you say by misdirection from Darthe, but isn't that inherently anti-town? Like distractions? I don't see how it's not sincere, either. Both me and Maw thought the vote on me was odd.

And I do think you've been pro-village thus far, but I also think that mafia-Verbal is capable of self clearing himself on the basis of meta play

Is that all it is? Perhaps I've just been gone to long.

Doesn't mean I don't want an explanation though.

your persistent defense of a vote against me is noted

I guess it does work out that way. It's more the fact that darthe's vote and play bothers me in the extreme than the target of the vote. Apparently following it will gain me nothing, so I'll leave it. For now.

Maybe if we ignore him, he'll go away? :wink::rolleyes:

As promised in the other game, I'm taking a nap now.

Archived