DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mainly his interaction with corv. I find the lecturing posts to be  extremely wolfy. He could of at least tried to help the guy, especially if he was town. It was a snarky comment and ended with "maybe mafia isn't right for you" seems like a bit much.

I haven't really seen anything from ley that has me thinking otherwise.

Ley's response doesn't bother me. I have heard much worse from people I deal with on a daily basis. People have a tendency to forget they were once new to a game at one point too. It's no different then when I start playing a new online multiplayer game. For example I am new to Star Wars The Old Republic but I don't let "snarky" comments as it is termed in this thread keep me from enjoying a game. Everyone learns differently maybe Ley is hiding something deeper and is a wolf but I also agree with Evil Ley is being himself. Seph I do appreciate your response and the advice I will be myself and post my thoughts as they come. My first immediate reaction is to return the snarky comments in kind but as I think about I know it's a futile effort as it won't change anything Ley can think whatever he chooses to think whether it be I should not be playing or otherwise it doesn't matter because I will play until the end whatever that may be.

mainly his interaction with corv. I find the lecturing posts to be  extremely wolfy. He could of at least tried to help the guy, especially if he was town. It was a snarky comment and ended with "maybe mafia isn't right for you" seems like a bit much.

I haven't really seen anything from ley that has me thinking otherwise.

You're reading as well as Talya. My comment of "maybe mafia isn't right for you" was aimed at her, not Corv, and because she had been reading wrong several times while reading carefully is one of the most important things in mafia. My only interaction with Corv was basically explaining him in two lines that mafia's basically a kind of game of houses.

And the lecturing, I guess you mean the part about me explaining why I said what I said? You'll have to take me as I am there. If people disagree about something because they read it differently - mostly if it's what I wrote - I WILL go into detail why I believe it should be read in a certain way (or, in a case like this, why it CAN only be read in a certain way).

Ley is snarky the same way Darthe is Darthe-y. I don't think too much of it myself. When Ley went full derp all game long last game I just ignored it. So far he's been more clear- (and less dense) headed. 

Ehm, thank you, I guess?

I just realized that we had hybrid hammer day 1 and don't need a majority, but I would want to encourage people to vote a bit more anyways, lest we get a basically random lynch. I'll be there all day tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time. If I'm correct, it's 21 hours from now, so be aware of that.

My strongest suspects (though not exactly strong by any means, but we've only had 17 pages of game) are Talya and Seph right now. Talya because she just feels off to me. She has mentioned things several times that I thought it just didn't fit. All have been discussed already, so I'm not gonna repeat them in detail. Will explain if anyone managed to forget. Seph because he managed to somehow not notice who I was talking to and then making me his prime suspect for that. It just feels, once again, off.

Ley is snarky the same way Darthe is Darthe-y. I don't think too much of it myself. When Ley went full derp all game long last game I just ignored it. So far he's been more clear- (and less dense) headed. 

I don't want to play with snarky, I play to enjoy it, and won't put up with snark, I've had it a few times this game already. Why can't people play nicely. We are here to enjy tthis, not tto geet one over, or say people shouldn't play.

And my apologies for lack of responses I still feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but from what I've seen you have normal conversations and guess whose good or bad by voting them. The problem I see is how subtle everyone is. It's like playing the game of houses

That is probably the best description of mafia I have ever heard. Tangent, has anyone run a game of houses themed game?

Ley I think you could probably reel back the snark meter a few notches.

I find it kind of interesting that Seph placed a vote and then immediately recalled it after a slight amount of criticism. It might have been justified, but that is still an interesting play pattern.

i agree with people on Ley's tone.  not saying it necessarily means hes a wolf...but its worth noting if it is out of character,

Also Id like to see Maw engage more.

and im liking RTE's post thus far.

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.

Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.

Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.

Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.

Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.

Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.

Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.

Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.

AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.

Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.

Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.

Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.

Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Oh I'm probably lying. There is little presence in this game so making stuff up is going to be as effective as anything else.

Also your reads likely aren't that great. No offebse

Very rude. You can't just say "no offense" and that makes it better. Sounds like you think my play is crap.

yeah, Darthe is not getting lynched D1, that's for sure. I think concensus is giving him the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it's not gonna bite us in the arse

Agreed, I think he'll be very useful if he's town. I think he's sitting back day 1 a bit in all his games atm. As long as he doesn't treat me like I don't know how to play the game, I'll be good.

Nope sooh, just pointing out things I see, still looks like wrong choice of words there. I play because I like playing it, I like to have fun. I play Trivial Pursuit as well, get quite a lot wrong there too but it doesn't stop me playing. :tongue:

You are getting personal Ley, are you hiding something? I haven't actually seen you doing much, apart from a few snarky comments.

I actually don't like how you pick apart words and the way people phrase things. You dig your claws in and don't let go sometimes, and that doesn't look good. I need to go back and read over posts (because I'm still distracted at the moment) but I want to reread over your stuff and see where you're landing. I had you as town at first and with these last posts you've made, you're just not sitting the same for me.

@Maw Going off the top of my head because I don't have my notes, but I don't like the amount of snark from Ley (I have snark a lot, but it feels overdone), I also don't like the picking apart that Talya's been doing, plus the overdone "reaction test." I need to go back and read first before a decision on those two. I had them as town before, I probably need to reevaluate my reads.

I think I also had Sooh low on my list with Seph at some point, so I need to see what that was about.

It's been a long dang day.

Maw your list reads pretty similar to seph's and im mostly liking it. not sold on lynching Talya yet,

I still feel there hasn't been enough for a lock wolf but as of now i have Ley leading my wolf lean list,

Corv will get a Day 1 beginner pass from me. 

Though we need more from most across the board.

[v] unvote [/v]

I agree with Maws assessment from whT I've read it seems pretty accurate. I still feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark but I imagine it will get better as the game progresses. I agree with the general consensus that Leyrann is being a bit aggressive. Based on what I've read and seen so far is a characteristic of wolf.

Vote: Leyrann

Archived